Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67939 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Amanda4life: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

ONLY IF YOU WILL CONSIDER A PROSPECT, WHO IS IN BLOCK INDUSTRY BUIZ VERY RESPONSIBLE. IBO TRIBE

THE DUDE WILL CONSIDER ADOPTING , IF NO BABY COMES.

VERY RESPONSIBLE,

CONTAcT ME
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by neyoohhh: 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
Even if the story was copied, there's a lesson here.

From the comments, the unrepentant irreparable feminist's still didn't get it.

Well, what can one expect from soulless individuals.

Clock's ticking!

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by SURElee(f): 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

Maybe when you meet those who have been married for year's without kids, you will appreciate your life.

Maybe when you meet those who have kids in marriage without peace and happiness, you will appreciate the life you have now.

When you have good health even at 41 and no fertility issues you will understand and be grateful to God

As a woman who says she is well travelled and has the money, have you heard about freezing your eggs?

So the doctors just told you, you are running out of eggs and you ran here lamenting without asking for medical advice asides from being a single mother?

Sebi you mentioned Houston, that means you are in Obodo oyibo, yet we in Nigeria know of surrogacy and egg freezing.

You better relax and make sure you marry right else las las you will have kids for the wrong partner and that marriage won't be sweet to you and you don't want to bring kids into a bad marriage.

You must mirror what marriage is to your kids as heaven on earth. That means you must be prepared to be a good partner just as you seek a partner also.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by philiancoop(m): 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
You fine?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Cc: duyox2004

jaxxy:
[/b]

Chill!!! The problem isn’t the exactly bolded, those were all good/great advices and nature will always take its course as expected overtime. The real problem was getting a husband and being timely about it.
Exactly.

Getting pregnant as a teenager doesn’t give u a husband it gives u a child. Staying away from teen pregnancy doesn’t give u a husband either, it preserves ur dignity and respect which has many advantages than disadvantages.

Getting a husband is a whole different kettle of fish and u must know how to go about it and engage with the right suitors or else u miss the mark.

Every accomplishment/outcome is a factor of ur knowledge. U knew how to get 2 degrees bt didn’t know how to get hook or get a husband. That’s exactly what happened here.

If u want money u need a certain levels of knowledge and if applied correctly u will get money. If u want a degree u need to take the right action, go to college and study ur course and graduate with ur degree at the expected time for such degree. There was a time consciousnesses in getting ur degree bt surprisingly ladies are time conscious in getting a husband or married knowing they have a faster clock than men. U can’t move at the pace of men with slower clocks even though everybody has a clock ticking.

U had 2 relationships u said and ended it cos they were cheating. Now I have to let u know some people will marry their cheating bfs which I don’t generally recommend bt there might be cases for forgiveness and correction.

Now if u want a faithful bf leading to a faithful husband u can’t be looking for men hanging out at parties like u were doing and expect to meet a saint. undecided U have to apply the right knowledge depending on what ure looking for. U cud have tried smwhere more modest or serious like the office, ur degree classmates not the club. undecided
You nailed it.

Take it or leave it u have ur faults in this misadventure. Ure an adult for crying out loud. Take responsibility.

I advice u save ur eggs by freezing them while trying out new ways to get a husband which is still very possible if u know what to do.
The only issue I have with this part is that you need to add the financial cost. Is she capable? If not, would you not advise her go ahead and have a baby now? The cost of IVF, freezing of eggs, bla bla bla is high. Can she afford it? And for her to open this thread, she isnt opened to adoption. More people are opened to adoption in Nigeria after they are 60+ from my experience. But she can get a baby now and just be happy.

Some people prefer having a child with their own blood. Of course, it is important. Adoption is good. But if you have 0.1% chance of having yours, and you are capable financially, why cant you use it? Of course, some people dont want baby daddy wahala. Getting a sperm from the bank is an option if financially ok and do it now instead of waiting.

But with the way the lady talks, she is a Nigerian who believes in having children inside marriage. The truth is that she is fighting her conscience on what to do. In this case, she needs to look at her wallet very well. Like I told her, at her age 40+, she will get a very good husband who will marry her for real if she can drop her ego and lower her standard. I am glad you spot her choice of area she searched for men. In a party. Lol. Even church is not guaranteed since people wear masks to church these days. I'm talking about the unseen mask and not covid 19 masks.

The choice is hers. But she needs to get a child now if she wants hers.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by ufotty2001: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Isn’t that the standard? Blame everyone but yourself?

That is why I will continue to commend Linda Ikeji for having that boy. She did what a right thinking woman should do. Not taking postinor 2 at 38.

If you want a child and you can cater for that child, by all means have that child. Even small girls of 21 are having their babies. Then a grown financially independent woman in her late 30s is somewhere asking “hope you didn’t cum inside”. undecided undecided

People must talk. When they are done talking, they will move on. With time they’ll appreciate the decision you took years ago.

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.
Thanks for saying the Truth!!!..My sister she is 56years going to deeper life church now she is jumping from one church to another.. I told her go and get pregnant!! Leave all these things you are doing.. go and get pregnant!! She no gree hear me.. someone that is financially independent working in one of this federal government agencies..
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by okuta007: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

You are in Houston ? No problem… I am in Houston right now, dm me and let me connect you with one or two good guys I have spoken to recently and they want exactly what you want now, who knows - it may just work out, never lose hope, cheer up and better days ahead. A happy Sunday to you!
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by dlaw70(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

If u av faith, u will find a man that will cherish u
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by pennywys(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

being a single mom is not a bad idea, moreover I'm single l, age 34, if you don't mind we can engage in a relationship
My digits
Zero
Seven
Zero
Three
Seven
Nine
Seven
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by moorevic(m): 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Are you nice or a pain in the ass?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by oguash: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=duyox2004 post=107006412]I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!!
Come make I help u find man wen go give u Belle since u get money to take care of ur pikin
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Mcdubai: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hello sis, can we hv a chat?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Zaheertyler(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Come and mArry me
I go school , I’m young and handsome
I no go cheat angry angry angry
Just take me out of here
As long as you fine small I go love you die angry
I’m serious oo
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by piperson(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

DM
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Luckysbab: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2021
How is Peter Ademiju a woman?
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Mcdubai: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hello, can we talk about it privately
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Zico007: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

My one cent you can still see a man who will marry you. Being alone is not good. For long? Anyways am available. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by DavidHarry(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
If you want to have a child you can have a child. If you want to marry you can marry. Thing is there were some experiences you missed out that would have made this easier. For instance cheating and heartbreaks shouldn't be that surprising depending on your partner. There are also times you forgive and discipline. But now it might look as if the whole world has turn against you if any negative thing happens. Simple advice: Look for an alpha male, erase suspicions and make a home with him. He will lead you but don't be surprise if he hurts you. Forgive and move on cus you're out of time.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by FiverrTutor(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

My dear, please don't be worried much about this. I'm a man and I'm also in my 40s too, not married!! so it doesn't change in anyway who u are.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by lomprico(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So what do you intend to do now? undecided

he copied a story and pasted it
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by mechanics(m): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So what do you intend to do now? undecided
She needs your prayers.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by mechanics(m): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
Don't give up and while searching don't fall into the wrong hands, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Mozino007(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kindly Dm I want to be your lover!....
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MarketDispatch: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

I am waiting for my own special husband. My spirit tells me he is on Nairaland.

Congrats to her. Hope mother and child are doing well? smiley

Very good.,..though you need to also make yourself available outside Nairaland.

*Trimesters
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Munzy14(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
The worst thing you can do to yourself as a young lady is talking down on marriage because of what you see or read on social media or for cheap likes on Social media or even, saying just to feel among.

It will bite back when age set in...

Women benefit more in marriage anywhere in the world. They enjoy unconditional love from the husband, down to their children...Even if that of the hubby fades, the kids pick up from their and roll with it till the woman breathe her last air on earth.

All this comes with small sacrifice, you have to be loyal and submissive to hubby...And provide care for the general family.

Unfortunately our generation of young ladies are becoming something else.

A lady in her under 30s will comfortably say is a marriage a must.. angry Only to start getting worried in later stage..

However you see it, both genders need eachother..For everything.

We all have our sacrifices to make.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by alcaptainero: 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I will be more than willing to meet with you on a very good day so we can get to know ourselves. One thing I like about this your write up is the fact that you acknowledged that time is not on your side, but only if you will be humble and willing to meet me. My WhatsApp number is 09073544153
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Sunnymatey(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
If you care, we can get down to something serious.
I'm 43 though widowed like 4yrs ago and have been lookings forward to a lady that will accept me just the way l am.
WhatApp 08157178977

Treat as urgent
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by bukatyne(f): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

What do you think should have been different in the advise?

I have my thoughts though I want to hear from you.

@eggs: at 41, your eggs are almost depleted and dropped seriously in quality.

If you still want to have kids, either become a single mother via the good old way or buy a sperm.

If you are still looking at marriage, get a egg donor and do IVF after marriage or a surrogate that would donate her eggs + carry the baby to term.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by molakes01(m): 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Katcall: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Spherical77:
And you think all married women are happy? Check within your family (nuclear & extended) neighbourhood et al, you'd see unhappy married women littered smiley
but they don't show it
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Benzemma(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
The problem now is that if i decide to marry you now, you will still reject me because I do not possess degree just like you, if not I would have asked for your contact. NB age difference is not a problem.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Funkybabee(f): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
Do you have Jesus

That's only him u need present moment

Receive him and he will settle you

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Why I Wanted To Kill My Husband – Mrs. Dede (Graphic Photo) / US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / Photo Of The Day: Father & 5 Children On A Suicide Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.