Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67832 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2021
Two degrees?

Time you should have used and settled down, you went for another degree?

At what age did you get your first degree?

You sound like one of these ladies with an over-bloated ego due to their achievements, hence unable to humble themselves and respect men with far less achievement.

Perhaps you were waiting for a man who has three degrees... Now instead of blaming yourself, you're blaming everyone around you.

Indeed, wisdom is rare.

You've seen where it landed you. Your only option now is to adopt and be a single mother. You sound financially okay, so that shouldn't be a problem.

35 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Earlystar698(m): 9:17am On Oct 24, 2021
You have lashed too many times but don't give up the right guy will come
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nicklaus619(m): 9:17am On Oct 24, 2021
How about u shooting your shot at that guy you know u like, he might like you too and who knows boom, relationship, pregnancy and wedding, nothing is impossible

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Zooposki(f): 9:17am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

This one na man, but assuming you are a woman, you can have a kid at your age without waiting for a man. A man is just a big baby anyway. One less baby to take care of and worry about.

7 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by mediainc: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2021
41 still a good age, some men like mature ladies. These tips here can help https://uptownmediainc.com/how-to-attract-a-man-you-like/
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by elsse(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
DM

Plus you gotta lower your standards

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Isn’t that the standard? Blame everyone but yourself?

That is why I will continue to commend Linda Ikeji for having that boy. She did what a right thinking woman should do. Not taking postinor 2 at 38.

If you want a child and you can cater for that child, by all means have that child. Even small girls of 21 are having their babies. Then a grown woman in her late 30s is somewhere asking “hope you didn’t cum inside”. undecided undecided

I am 43. Not me.
Stil taking postinor2?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AlexBells(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
How did you then end up in nairaland after all your stories sounded Yankee, or you need your own Nigerian prince
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by muderkid(m): 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
Saw this on Quora

5 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by UselessBuharist: 9:18am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

PM me if you are interested in a guy you are 5 years older than.. I live outside Nigeria and I’m successful

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by akigbemaru: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hathor5(f): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I got similar advice, lived a similar lifestyle and still started a family. Late for Nigerian standards but I have no regrets and I don't blame anyone for how my life turned out to be. On contrary, I'm extremely grateful I got to live the life I did before I have settled down.

I doubt your story is true but who knows.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by fotadmowmend(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

You should just get a baby and live happily

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Lordbinsmar: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2021
angry
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Zooposki(f): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
I actually discussed this with my folks the other time.

The single lifestyle of our generation affects the female gender more than the male gender.

When you age you will understand that the most important aspect of marriage is actually companionship, sex is while you are younger but as you age.

You need a confidant, a partner no matter how hard it is you need someone.

To our single women out there, please use the opportunity now.

I have met plenty aged single women, i must confess that 85% of them aren't happy with their life.

Actually, women are mentally stronger than men. They can cope with singlehood much better than men.

14 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Subsea101: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2021
Most men usually either don't care about the status of the lady they marry so far as she's got good character, or marry with an open heart. But you see women, I bet you 90% of them will never consider a man lower than their status irrespective of the man's character.

Madam, if you want to marry tomorrow, you will... but no, I guess you're looking for that knight in shining armor, well traveled like you, rich, educated, dark n handsome...
Now age is gradually catching up on you. Good luck

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Dsprave: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
No men wants to commit to any relationship nowadays, we all just want to party, change puna like we are changing cloth so far the system allow us. And you are in Houston, even those below your age still struggle to make a guy commit, you got to make your choice be a single mum or wait until the right man come.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Mrkumareze(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
Everything get time and season, when you were ripe for marriage, you were probably forming ajibo and working towards becoming Aristocrat. Now you got the certificates, got the money but the marriage isn't there..
there are some mistakes we must avoid, late marriage is one....
I have no advise at this point, just let *what ll be to be*

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by elipat: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by kellyzaf(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Script, No picture, i dont believe u. lipsrsealed
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Donedeal1(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
Life with out Christ is a great crisis,
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Classicalman(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
See her head

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Commentor: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2021
Tayosteve:
Bros, you are not running out of eggs. All will be well for you as long as you are not a simp

Have a stable income and get a nice girl.

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Patrioticman007(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:
Regrets!

You will be alone!

Trust me, it ends in regrets

You just be on social media forming artificial happiness

Feminism always end in tears

7 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by webxpert107: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
It's advisable to get married early, as early as 18. But western cultures says no...
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by wink2015(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
Story that touch.

But it is not too late.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by SocialJustice: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

When I tell girls to be vigilant and have their baby alone if relationships aren't working out, I look like the devil with big horns.

Have your baby now and keep boyfriends, everyone isn't fortunate with companionship. That's just life.

8 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
Hathor5:

I got similar advice, lived a similar lifestyle and still started a family. Late for Nigerian standards but I have no regrets and I don't blame anyone for how my life turned out to be. On contrary, I'm extremely grateful I got to do all I have done before I have settled down.

I doubt your story is true but who knows.

Ohhhh. grin I'm cackling like crazy right here.

Asinnn. So you're a single and bitter person or whatever because you decided to pursue education and see the world abi? Because you choose abstinence? undecided

Agenda. Anyway, my dear, I quoted you to say I share same sentiment oh. Seems just too 'organic.'

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
Guys, she beat teenage pregnancy.

She might be a virgin at 41.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by grandstar(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004
Here's a mighty soothing hug from me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.