Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67783 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by carbon1224(m): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2021
Get a spam donour and get pregnant and with time god will provide for you a good guy.

duyox2004:
I hate it. I’m 41, never married, no kids.

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

I beat teenage pregnancy to be considering single motherhood at 41. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Michiyke: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2021
I love your personality. Best things happen to the best people at the right time. Don't give up, you will still find the right man and have the perfect family that you deserve.

6 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hathor5(f): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2021
Anyahuruagu:
I actually discussed this with my folks the other time.

The single lifestyle of our generation affects the female gender more than the male gender.

When you age you will understand that the most important aspect of marriage is actually companionship, sex is while you are younger but as you age.

You need a confidant, a partner no matter how hard it is you need someone.

To our single women out there, please use the opportunity now.

I have met plenty aged single women, i must confess that 85% of them aren't happy with their life.

Yeah, right. grin

I can equally claim that 85% of married women aren't happy either.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by lkillbrokehoes: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pocohantas?
Yes. she's the one.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MT: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2021
This babe must have received thousands of messages from guys on this platform. Just know that most of them want to use you to cross to the other side. It's a trade by barter now. They will give you the baby you need but might not stay when they get to the other side. Are you ready to deal? Otherwise you might come here again writing about how Nigerian guy breaks your heart.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by CUMIN: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I’ve been close…twice. But ended both relationships when they were caught cheating.

I’ve dated several men since then, most older than me, and they seemed to be in no hurry to even be in a committed relationship. Which is crazy to me that these men are mid-40s and still trying to hangout with the guys and party. I met a whole guy group of friends in Houston 2 years ago…all single, all 36–45 years old. They were throwing house parties during the quarantine…parties!! ��

When I was in grade school, I was told to get a degree, don’t get pregnant, just enjoy being single, make friends, keep dating, and the right man will find you.

Now that I have two degrees, traveled the world, developed hobbies, and avoided pregnancy…my doctors are telling me to just be a single mom because I’m running out of eggs as I type this message. �

Damn you, parents, counselors, pastors, and everyone who gave me that advice. I can’t get that time (or my eggs) back. I hate being single at this age!! ��
Come to Nigeria let me give you the banging of your life...you will be pregnant in no time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by suffering: 9:23am On Oct 24, 2021
Mscheew. In this day and age of multiplying then storing eggs we’re reading stories of this sort. This is obviously an American article, it doesn’t concern me.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
What do you really want? Marriage or children? Or both?

What do you have to lose if you don't have kids? If you've achieved as much as you claimed

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
pocohantas:

Isn’t that the standard? Blame everyone but yourself?

That is why I will continue to commend Linda Ikeji for having that boy. She did what a right thinking woman should do. Not taking postinor 2 at 38.

If you want a child and you can cater for that child, by all means have that child. Even small girls of 21 are having their babies. Then a grown woman in her late 30s is somewhere asking “hope you didn’t cum inside”. undecided undecided

I am 43. Not me.

No need for that. Menopause came early.

Poco don't kill me with laughter

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by kenodrill: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Are you ready for a defined and a committed relationship? If yes please send me a message.08134476715
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Hathor5(f): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Ohhhh. grin I'm cackling like crazy right here.

Asinnn. So you're a single and bitter person or whatever because you decided to pursue education and see the world abi? Because you choose abstinence? undecided

Agenda. Anyway, my dear, I quoted you to say I share same sentiment oh. Seems just too 'organic.'

@bold

What a reason to be miserable. grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by OnyeOgboni: 9:24am On Oct 24, 2021
Post pics..
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

It’s not you that’s the problem, it’s the society.

They have taken power from men and given it to women. If anything, it is women that is supposed to now propose to men nowadays since men have been stripped of their manliness.

So next time you see those new laws and policies giving women undeserved advantages, you should rather be pissed than happy.

You give women all this power and during a divorce, she still takes half your shiit. I mean, why would men participate in that? No one even wants to listen to their concerns anymore. You guys making your bed

16 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by twilliamx(m): 9:25am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

I feel your pain...Don't blame yourself for doing the right thing. You could have been married and you are dead, divorced or just miserable, from the way you sound, I think you should be able to afford to freeze your eggs. Sis its never to late to find happiness. Am sure there is someone great out there for just you. If you are interested. my brother is single and lives in the UK. He 44..I can connect you 2..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Safyqueen: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2021
The beauty of early marriage in Islam.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Olololonwa: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2021
Free up yourself and be open for a serious relationship if only you want to marry but if not, live your life.

You need to help yourself first before getting help from other people here. That is decide on what you want and start making progress towards it and keep trusting God

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by geechy: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2021
Use geechy

@op, I guess when you seek a life partner, you'll find one. Age is just a number.
On the other hand, sometimes something's aren't meant for everyone.
Sugar for e.g is a sweetener but a diabetic somborry is expected to give it 1000km gap
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by wallrichy: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2021
Good girls go to hell! Really?

Hathor5:

I got similar advice, lived a similar lifestyle and still started a family. Late for Nigerian standards but I have no regrets and I don't blame anyone for how my life turned out to be. On contrary, I'm extremely grateful I got to live the life I did before I have settled down.

I doubt your story is true but who knows.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by frozen70(f): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

My dear sister, you don't need to regret anything at all from keeping yourself during the time you would have been carelessly pregnant till now that you are still waiting for a guy

You known what, your status and educational status are part of what is scaring some men to come and hook up, but that shouldn't be an issue for real men who appreciates successful women

Who marriage help ?

In as much as you have once slept with a man in your your life, simply get pregnant and have a child of yours before the egg gets finished

Also note that the care and responsibilities of that child is strictly on you

You will be glad if you have a child of your own especially at old age

Lastly, don't live your life on regrets, the past is gone what we are talking about now is the future

Dust them off and move on

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by nairabacks(f): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2021
[s]
Tayosteve:
Bros, you are not running out of eggs. All will be well for you as long as you are not a simp

Have a stable income and get a nice girl.
[/s]
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Realdeals(m): 9:27am On Oct 24, 2021
Happiness is a choice, don't allow some artificial rules to determine happiness for you.

See some societal rules and regulations, though established for good intent are not meant for everyone. Instead of creating a caveat that will enable people to understand this, the society will want to force it down the throat of everyone.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by sisisioge: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin

You will not kill me with laugh this early morning o. Chai, you then decided to drop this in a forum filled with bleak future ill behaved teenage/ early adults morning newspaper highly concentrated forum. Hian!

It's ok....no need to be angry. Just do what you want now that you are solely responsible for your decision. While you are disgruntled about your depleting eggs, there are several women not interested in using theirs . So relax.....and choose what you want now. Abi would you have been happy being married with kids to those two cheaters you mentioned? Besides, there are several options available for you once you're ready for kids. Please choose your struggle maami.

6 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Longsleeve: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2021
Em222 has been looking for a matured lady to start making babies immediately..

OP why don't you take the offer..
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2021
Don't CRY, even WIDOWS remarry.
Position yourself for it, if that's what you want.

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Help2020: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So what do you intend to do now? undecided
She is pouring out her frustration so others can learn from it..This days our girls are not in a hurry to get married. They want to acquire all the degrees,and before you know they start running out of time.We have read countless numbers of time here on nairaland about some girls that told their guys how they want to finish school before marriage. And they do this in hope of finding a better partner in the university..
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by toujurs: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2021
i could remember a lady my guy told me he wooed long ago, a fair pretty lady, this lady told my guy, she must marry a rich husband, and my guy told her no wahala, that he has money to take care of her, though he wasn't rich yet, but with his plans and by God's grace he will get rich, so my guy went ahead to see her family. My guy was in shock when he visited the girl's family house, they live in a face me i slap you, the girl dad drives a keke, my guy was so disappointed because he, himself lives in a one bedroom flat, with the hope of moving to a two bedroom after marriage, he was so devastated, that the girl he wants to marry, was setting standard for him, when she her self, lacks any standard, And he told me, he had to drop her, for a lady with contentment. And within his level.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Donaluta(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2021
You are far away... Assuming you are in Nigeria.. we would have worked things out..
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Donaluta(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

You are far away
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Stevyne: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Nothing to worry about
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Champneys: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2021
duyox2004:

Ok.
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Valuc: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2021
Lala na u forge this story thru the help of imagination? Abi na real... If na real, tell her I dey available ��...
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by MyExpression(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can they be happy when they were raised by parents like yours to believe they need to have a man in their lives to complete them in some way?

A companion doesn't complete anyone.
If you are not completely comfortable in yourself, you don't have business with companionship. It would be very travail to place your completeness in the hands of a frail mortal.

However, the OP is 41 and well read. She knows what suits her personality.
She wouldn't be lamenting bout childbearing if it is not her personal desire to get a child.
She's just lamenting the process that had her at a disadvantage.

Marriage is beyond just beauty, intelligence, or character.

You have to have a combination of all of these in various degrees.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Estate Agent Impregnates His Friend’s Wife In Nasarawa (Photos) / Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Lady Shows How She Serves Her Husband Food In A Romantic Way. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.