Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging (39987 Views)

Great Tips On How To Quit Bet9ja Virtual Betting And Gambling / I Left Social Media Because Of Chioma[davido] / Looking For Ways To Quit Smoking Weed? Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by otipoju(m): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2021
streetsoldier1:

i thought i was the only one, its been an issue with me for a long time, my phone is permanently on silence, people dont even care what i do to get money, billing everywhere, was just wondering if its the economic situation or people are just plain stupid and take simple people for granted. The worst of it is that if i need help, no one will show up. Its really dishearthening. I just enjoyed being alone all by myself lately

The help i needed was not even money. Ordinary "help me go check on my my mom's health since you still live in the neighbourhood" and i live a million miles away. ...he did not go and still had the guts to complain that i am a bad friend for being angry and giving him some space due to his action.

That thing really triggered my aboki side and since then all those stupid friends and family people that i regularly give money i cut ALL of them off...and i have known peace.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
If u fast and pray alot and u are stingy or hardly give out money or help people when u have the ability, u close open doors against urself.
That is what you BELIEVE..

DON'T mistake your BELIEFS for FACTS..

MANY STINGY PEOPLE ARE EXTREMELY RICH AND WELL TO DO.. grin

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Lexicon123: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.
Even though you have a point, it's so wrong how people abuse other people's kindness. Talking out of personal experiences. Some people basically get themselves on your payroll even though they don't work for you. That one doesn't say no to people's requests (a lot of which are wicked lies), doesn't mean that should be abused. That's wickedness. Some will come with pretence of borrowing, but never plan to pay. I feel the OP completely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by dododawa1: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2021
See this one, God give human spend nonsense.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Truvelisback(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

The hardcore truth is that, they tend to lose more than they do receive. Even the likes of Dangote(who pays his workers well), Obi Cubana, and others aren't stingy, yet they very rich.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
The hardcore truth is that, they tend to lose more than they do receive. Even the likes of Dangote(who pays his workers well), Obi Cubana, and others aren't stingy, yet they very rich.

Paying your employees well..

Does not equate to giving your last naira to career beggars..

A WORKER is WORTH his WAGES..

AND let me get to their LEVEL..

AND be losing more than I receive..

Because I refuse to settle every bill that comes my way.. grin

If you CANNOT say no to every entitled LEECH in this WORLD..

YOU will DIE A PAUPER.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2021
Same thing here with me but I will surely give when I have to people that really needs it not those that take is as work smiley
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by fortune1968: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2021
Bagehot:

There are several stories of Patriarchs who went above and beyond for others, but were either abandoned in old age, or their families were upon their demise.

Life doesn't work with sentiments.
It is no sentiments .God has NEVER abandoned anyone who relate with others or do things with a single mind .It is a matter of faith . that's the natural law .zIt is up to you to believe or not believe
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Chuksaluta(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2021
I understand how it feels.
PS: Why is it only givers that are commenting? Where are the beggars? Please they should share their begging angle with us

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Bobage16(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2021
I swear,. When you tell people yur problems, they'll think you are lying, them go even wan mk Yu go borrow money come give them sef.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by shishio01(m): 11:06am On Oct 25, 2021
I understand how you feel.It can be really frustrating at time.But the truth is that most of those people can do something about their financial situation if they learn or master a skill that can fetch them money.It's not even hard to do that again this days.And they won't even spend much.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2021
JIREN01:
Loool. To the extent you intend to discard your old number. It must be that bad.

My brother, you no go understand... You see people.. hmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by mrksquare: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2021
placeofallure:

This month, about half of my income is going into giving I'm just not finding it funny. I guess it's the situation of the country. I tell you, I don't pick some calls, especially the ones that are just numbers. Some people will chat me up, I no dey respond o cause I know what is coming. People are more than desperate these Buhari days. God help us.

I didn't know I have someone who devices the same strategy as I do. This year I made it as a policy to stop picking numbers I am not familiar with. Any number that isn't stored in my phone I don't pick. And it still boils down to the same issue. God will save us.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seunny4lif(m): 11:36am On Oct 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:

I even know many of those super rich but can’t give you #1K yet they have all the connections in this Nigeria.
mom that loves to give and help people but when the table turned she no see all are so called families she was helping then.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Born2conquer: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2021
I hope someone will read this because it’s on page 10 already,

If my DADDY wasn’t a giver, we probably wouldn’t have gone through hardship.

My dad was a senior officer back then in the civil service and man worked for over 20years, he was giving his money out gannnn! To church, to community projects, and a lot of his siblings children lived us, we had nothing less than 10 kids living with us back then grin man had no savings because he was disbursing his salary.

He lost his job in 2007 and that was when his siblings came to pick up their kids and till date, those kids are doing fine and non of them even visit my dad again.

He lost his job and he was forgotten, church and Alfas first took the few changes he had left all in the name of praying for him before they all left!

Hardship CHOKE!!! we were living in an estate and we had to move into my mum’s 2 bedroom uncompleted project, lol, I left my private school to a public school..

Arghhhh! My dad was in one social club when he was balling but they all left when he lost his job.

A big shout out to my Mum for raising 4 kids singlehandedly without anybody knowing.

Glory be to God, things are better because we’ve finally built our house and we now 2 rides and we all are gainfully employed

Guess what? The leeches are coming back grin they finally remembered we exist again

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Born2conquer: 11:38am On Oct 25, 2021
I give only when I decide to give and when I am comfortable about it and no amount of blackmail can make me to part ways with my money.

Even if na life and death, I no go drop for anybody because I know that when the chips are down, nobody will come to my own rescue so I am presently working hard to make sure I won’t need anybody’s help again.

Shalom

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seunny4lif(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2021
cheesy
Story of my life
But the good thing is my brothers now understand what I have been saying from day one, which says keep your money and give when you have extra too much because if you need help, na only go remain.
Born2conquer:

My dad was a senior officer back then in the civil service and man worked for over 20years, he was giving his money out gannnn! To church, to community projects, and a lot of his siblings children lived us, we had nothing less than 10 kids living with us back then grin man had no savings because he was disbursing his salary.

He lost his job in 2007 and that was when his siblings came to pick up their kids and till date, those kids are doing fine and non of them even visit my dad again.

He lost his job and he was forgotten, church and Alfas first took the few changes he had left all in the name of praying for him before they all left!

Hardship CHOKE!!! we were living in an estate and we had to move into my mum’s 2 bedroom uncompleted project, lol, I left my private school to a public school..

Arghhhh! My dad was in one social club when he was balling but they all left when he lost his job.

A big shout out to my Mum for raising 4 kids singlehandedly without anybody knowing.

Glory be to God, things are better because we’ve finally built our house and we now 2 rides and we all are gainfully employed

Guess what? The leeches are coming back grin they finally remembered we exist again
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by streetsoldier1(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2021
otipoju:

The help i needed was not even money. Ordinary "help me go check on my my mom's health since you still live in the neighbourhood" and i live a million miles away. ...he did not go and still had the guts to complain that i am a bad friend for being angry about his action.

Since then all those stupid friends and family people that i regularly give money i cut ALL of them off...and i have known peace.

better ooo, its better to have it in mind that no one is there, just be at ease of do things at your pace and capacity
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by opsyswagger(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
because of this have stop uploading my picture on my whatysup status and facebook because of too much tasking from people that is why abroad people dont like uploading there picture also on there status
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Tayor23(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
HenryDion:
We're in the same boat. I've already made up my mind to leave my current location, and also throw away my old number. I'd advise you do the same...

In your new location, lay low... Never allow friends to choose you, choose them.

When choosing, make sure they aren't church rats, but people on the same level as you in terms of financial capacity.Baba u be street. “Never allow friends to choose you, choose them” best quote have seen today.Bro ur sense nha top notch,I salute you from here

Nothing brings a hustling man down faster than familiar beggers.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by kirbby(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
There is nothing bad with helping those in need. I know some people are not sincere when it comes to seeking help, they will cook up lies just because they want to collect money from you . But I tell you there are people that need to be helped. These people u mentioned are still helping others either quietly or indirectly. Do the ones you can do and leave the rest for God. I realised that one of the purposes of life is to make an impact on other people's lives. Why will God bless you with this wealth n you go chopam alone, this is greediness. The world will be a better place if we learn how to help the needy. shalom.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Feelings79: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

You are just like me...I have a good sense of empathy and sympathy...Iike giving anyday anytime twice on Sunday

But people are advising me to stop or reduce it that giving too much and having pity for people will slow down your success rate...that the likes of Dangote, otedola, and other millionaires at some certain point in their life were all having a heart of stone that is why they were able to succeed
I read an article where Otedola said the only thing that ever brought him joy was when he donated wheelchairs to some disables.I don't see how given makes you poor.It's God that prospers and not our efforts and He is clear how we should treat the underprivileged.Forget the opinions of this world,they lead to no where
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GloShare(m): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2021
Tayosteve:

Well, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you.
Big hug

Nice one...
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by olawonder(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Watch how beggars will flood your post with reasons why you should never stop giving! It’s like they hv association or union undecided

Better give yourself brain and learn to say ‘NO’! The day u tell them u don’t hv (when actually u don’t), that day they’ll change their tone… until then you’re a ‘good guy’ A.K.A Ajao!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by kafeii123: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2021
A giver must have limits because the takers never do
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Phraences: 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2021
RapistOnBail:
Maybe cos you reason from a Biblical aspect which makes human beings lazy and beggars. Thinking someone else’s wealth was given by God to elevate others in lesser positions.

But my sister, all of una are daft AF!

No sense whatsoever.

This your moniker get as e be. But you made sense. Religion has sucked some people’s brain. That is why they are poor and their pastors will be riding private jet and having secret funds in the Cayman Islands.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by RapistOnBail: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Phraences:

This your moniker get as e be. But you made sense. Religion has sucked some people’s brain. That is why they are poor and their pastors will be riding private jet and having secret funds in the Cayman Islands.
No mind my moniker and those religious folks. Them no Dey reason straight anymore
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by MisterKennedy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Don't mind my typo terminologies

I don't know if there's anyone facing these some thing..

Bro I understand you dear. But you should always draw the line cos no matter how good something is when it's been done in excess can constitute a monumental misfortune
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GloShare(m): 4:56am On Oct 26, 2021
Born2conquer:

Happened to us
Same to my wife's family. My FIL died in regrets. I swore to never repeat it.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Leogreat5: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2021
The little way you can, please do, as long as it won't be a burden to you.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Ifeanyimike123: 1:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Out if curiosity do you post fancy pictures on your socials, if you do then they see you as super rich hence the begging.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by JIREN01: 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
Born2conquer:

They came back? That's really shameful. I guess it's now easier to say no to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Snakes Killed By My Dad And I (Black Spitting Cobra & Ball Python) / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today / Boy Who Cried While Begging Sick Woman With Oxygen Gets Help (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.