Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging (40036 Views)

Great Tips On How To Quit Bet9ja Virtual Betting And Gambling / I Left Social Media Because Of Chioma[davido] / Looking For Ways To Quit Smoking Weed? Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by ELgordo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
It's easy stay off social media .....
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by sorom4: 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
I understand you perfectly. But there are also those who are in the position to beg but chooses not to beg. And since they do not beg for reasons known to them...others thinks that they have and beg them.

I am that type of person that will trek a mile cos I have no transport money rather than beg people on the road to give me that transport fare for the mile. And you will see someone begging you as you dey trek for the same transport fare that is not up to a 100 meters.

Hey...and some of the money that people beg are to afford things that you do not necessarily see as important. The money will end up been used to service olosho, smoke, play bet9ja and even drink beer. And these are some services that the giver doesn't engage his or herself in
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by deavicky(m): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Don't mind my typo terminologies

I don't know if there's anyone facing these some thing..
my bro it's like that everywhere when people see that u are a little comfortable those Request keep coming. I have about 6 to deal with right now but what will a just man do?. We pray to have to keep to keep giving. If u have, give them, things are hard for people this days. No one like begging but the suitation of thing won't let them be.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Halo22: 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2021
Mr Op I think am also in the same situation with you, in fact at a point, I couldn't save cos people will always call anytime they sense I have some cash. On a serious note, it is more blessing to give than to receive, but you can only give what u can afford. If I will advise, make a budget on how ur money would be spent for a week or month, then add philanthropy or charity of about 10%. Once you exhaust the amount allotted to charity, then hold on from giving until when u make another budget. If u continue pleasing people, I doubt you make it to the top.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
sorom4:
I understand you perfectly. But there are also those who are in the position to beg but chooses not to beg. And since they do not beg for reasons known to them...others thinks that they have and beg them.

I am that type of person that will trek a mile cos I have no transport money rather than beg people on the road to give me that transport fare for the mile. And you will see someone begging you as you dey trek for the same transport fare that is not up to a 100 meters.

Hey...and some of the money that people beg are to afford things that you do not necessarily see as important. The money will end up been used to service olosho, smoke, play bet9ja and even drink beer. And these are some services that the giver doesn't engage his or herself in

Ok. You're right on this one though.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by juwoonn(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Same here bro!
You’re not alone.
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Tapout(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Stop displaying any form of exorbitant lifestyle on social media whether you can afford it or not and have peace of mind. Na person wey sugar dey em body dey attract ants.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Princeton92(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
I wish same too .. I just wanna be mostly alone and mental health good
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by bellosulaiman(m): 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
The table can be turned by God. Give and you shall receive.

The choice is yours !
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by CSTR2: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
For the Lord thy God blesseth thee as He promised thee; and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.

Deut 15:6

Tell God to bless you to the extent that lending will not put a dent in your finances.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by RapistOnBail: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2021

OP,

No listen to these beggars for nairaland wey dey advice u say givers never lack bla bla bla bullshits.. It’s all scam.

The day you go broke, all those guys u helped would turn their backs on u.

If you are lucky, they will assist u once and tell you to Fvck off.

33 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by condralbedez: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

You are just like me...I have a good sense of empathy and sympathy...Iike giving anyday anytime twice on Sunday

But people are advising me to stop or reduce it that giving too much and having pity for people will slow down your success rate...that the likes of Dangote, otedola, and other millionaires at some certain point in their life were all having a heart of stone that is why they were able to succeed
make I send my Azatoday nah Sunday oh
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Equity15(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kokaine:

Take it as a challenge to double your huslte. Its a sign that you should be richer so you can touch more lives. So if you used to think you are okay with 200k a month, start thinking of things that are legal and can bring you 1m a month so you can touch more lives and lift more people. Its a blessing. Thank God you are healthy and can do some business to get more. Be a point of contact
do you care to know if he is helping himself? I give out money regularly but believe me, I can't remember when I bought something for myself or took myself out. This bothers me alot

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by juwoonn(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
You’re on point
sorom4:

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nostring: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

haa..no be only u o ....it can be really tiring ehn..debit alerts on my phone last month get as e b.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Tayosteve(m): 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
GloShare:

That's the way beggars talk. They are encouraging their ministry.

Ode, I can show you my transactions, I give more than I receive. I'm an economist ! If you give more than you receive, you will go broke and it's very possible many people will turn you down if you are broke.

He must not give to some beggars like you , or else he will cry and nothing will happen

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by BareFacedLies(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.

He also has his own problems
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by CSTR2: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.

Prove 11:24.

The more you scatter your wealth by giving, the more you increase.

The more you withhold, ............
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Opeyemic01: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Everybody must not get at a time... Sometimes God dey put us in a position so that make we for take help uplift others.....If you no wor help,just tell the person plainly say you no get any help to offer........... Personally,I dey pray say make everybody get so that we no go see any thread like this......This thing just be like say you dey mock people wey dey beg you for assistance undecided.

I am not sure he is mocking, it seems like he is the type that can't say no, so the begging and billing have now choked him and yet he still cant outrightly say no

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by kayuseful: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
OP abeg I fit see like 3k from your hand? grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by rahztafari(m): 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Wow!! This is my exact dilemma at the moment. I just weak mehnnnnn. I don't post WhatsApp status again. It is really depressing. Naija no dey smile at all.

It is good to give but it is soo annoying when people just continue begging.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by lkillbrokehoes: 10:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
I don't even reply my messages these days, both on WhatsApp and Instagram.

those days of being santa Claus have ended, at least I've tried my best, if you want money go and work for it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by ezewealth(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:

I no fit tell person say I no get wen I get, as i dey talk to u now because of giving I never pay my landlord because I use some part of my rent help person..
I'm a type that love given but these one is too much, just these noon someone (my old friend) sent me a message on Facebook I should help him. this my guy is someone i don't chat with but I was surprise when i saw the request message.

I no mention anybody name,so no be mocking.. I just feel heart hunt sey person dey beg me for something persistently even after telling d person my problems...
What u should asked yourself is "if you find yourself in their position will they help you?.
I am not asking you not to help people but don't displease urself to help people apart from ur siblings n parents. I used to be like you bro, till I learn it d hard way

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by geunik(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

You are not alone. We are here with you. Though you are far away. We are all in this together.
Well it seems you are just like me. But I will tell you some of my story and how I got it all.
I grew up with my father and mother. My father very soft hearted and caring and kind and will rather inconvenient himself and help someone else. My mother all the other hand don't give a hoot who you are as long as she's comfortable. She only gives you from her excess.
Unfortunately I grew up copying my father but I had to learn the hard way. There are so many stories but I will focus on only one. There is this friend of mine that we do hang out together. He is full of complain. You will never hear him telling a happy story about himself. His target is to get pity and mercy from me. As kind as I am I have to help anytime and anyhow I can. He can just walk into my house eat my food ask me for money and I will give. Although I am not doing well myself and we are both students in the university.
Under my very nose this guy was buying gadgets. and anytime I visit him in his house I will be still be the one that will buy what will we cook. The scale fell off my eyes the very week I gave him money and he bought a car as a student. I was happy for him but I felt used.
Since then I became hardened. Most of the people that are asking for money have more than you and they know it. But they know your weakness and they're ready to exploit it and use it to their advantage. They don't love you and don't care how you Will survive or what you will eat. All they care about is there personal self.
Let me tell you something. Do you know how to play the minds game. If you say no they will Label you stingy and wicked. If that gets into your head you will keep helping even at your own detriment. Let's the words of people never bother you or shape how you look at yourself. Everybody have to work for their money and buy their needs. Whoever exceeds that and start looking for money to fend for themselves should not disturb friends. Take note I did not include relations. Take note also that there are times that I have been broke and needed a favour from a friend. But what I always demand for is what I know they can afford and I will always pay back and not dash. These are just a few words I have for you

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GetMeRight: 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bannedidiot:
same reason I've stopped posting on social media. It's been going well for me so far. Yes i have fewer friends, but the friends i currently have always stand by me.
The last time i posted something on Instagram 2018 or so. People i haven't talked to in years were coming up to ask for money. I just left anyone that said hi on read. Secondly i have normalized asking people for money first. But i only ask people that the conversation will ultimately lead to billing

Lol
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by OceanEye: 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
tunize:

Who tell you some people might have but dey just like begging or try to use people "like taking advantage" talking from experience. I am not suppose to say this, I have a friend like that who usually complaints as if he's not going to see the next day, and each time he complains I go just do the little I can until the day I saw his account balance oga was trying to hide it because he doesn't want me to see so he can continue complaining.
This dude balance my account balance dey learn work and I was just asking myself why would somebody with this amount of cash still finds it hard to use up his own money, but derive pleasure in collecting from people? Na that guy open my eyes. Used to be like this o.p I fit get #20 I nor mind give u #15 but now I nor go try am.

I can relate to what you said. I have a friend who did exactly the same with me and I later found out he had cash more than I thought.

But not every 'beggar' is like that. In fact most are not in that kind of 'our friends'' position.

A lot of guys are in serious financial problem, so if you are in a position to help, make this world a better place for you and me!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by harsysky(m): 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

You are just like me...I have a good sense of empathy and sympathy...Iike giving anyday anytime twice on Sunday

But people are advising me to stop or reduce it that giving too much and having pity for people will slow down your success rate...that the likes of Dangote, otedola, and other millionaires at some certain point in their life were all having a heart of stone that is why they were able to succeed

Heart of stone, kor. Just like the poster above your comment wrote that we should pray God sustain one in that position of giving cos givers surely never lacks. Even the devil uses that principle of giving cos it brings him more crowd.

If you find yourself in position of giving, give without letting anyone know as they will surely discourage you, and never , at any point in your life, believe that it is your giving habit that cause or will cause you harm.

I have a lot of people come to me to help them, and I do so. I believe it is that help I render that is sustaining me and my family. Also that help you render increases your faith in God especially when you want to remind Him of His words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Ladylawyer(f): 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
If you like quit but before then, you get five thousand naira wey you no dey use?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Hassanmaye(m): 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

Please don't listen to that help people please, people are going through alot in this country, imagine a married man asking me for 2k how can I not give him, some people eat once a day in Nigeria, thank God sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by tollyboy5(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
Idamond you came to seek advice from fellow beggars.
Set awon givers never lack.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
I am also in OP's shoes. Too many people on top the token I dey receive monthly. I wish I could switch off my hot line. In fact, I've changed my WhatsApp line, yet it doesn't really help much. Things are very hard in Naija these days.

And to think one doesn't get extra kobo from anybody cry. I've just noticed that starting my own family would be hard if I continue this way. May God help us all.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by tollyboy5(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Please don't listen to that help people please, people are going through alot in this country, imagine a married man asking me for 2k how can I not give him, some people eat once a day in Nigeria, thank God sir
Keep your advice to yourself. People call him yahoo boy. If he gets caught he'll be sorry for his ass and same people will blast him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Guest Dies, Groom's Legs Crushed In Kwara Road Accident (Photo) / Man Carrying Plantain On His Head & Riding His Bicycle In Aba While Hawking (Pho / The Nigeria Policewoman (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.