Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging (39989 Views)

Great Tips On How To Quit Bet9ja Virtual Betting And Gambling / I Left Social Media Because Of Chioma[davido] / Looking For Ways To Quit Smoking Weed? Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by RapistOnBail: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Exactly! I wonder why most people are no't reasoning like this.

Humans though.
Maybe cos you reason from a Biblical aspect which makes human beings lazy and beggars. Thinking someone else’s wealth was given by God to elevate others in lesser positions.

But my sister, all of una are daft AF!

No sense whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2021
Tayosteve:
He did, go back and read again

He didn't, oga.

GloShare:
Tayo, you have real comprehension problems

Let him be jare.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by TVTKOKO(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2021
streetsoldier1:

i thought i was the only one, its been an issue with me for a long time, my phone is permanently on silence, people dont even care what i do to get money, billing everywhere, was just wondering if its the economic situation or people are just plain stupid and take simple people for granted. The worst of it is that if i need help, no one will show up. Its really dishearthening. I just enjoyed being alone all by myself lately
lol.. You just described me here bro although I noticed i don't find it difficult to get help whenever I need it but the idiots always ask for interests cheesy cheesy cheesy

May God help us
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by alphabbey1(m): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
Learn how to save.

Don't think N2m or N1m in your account balance, means you have savings.

If you become poor, none of those people will run to your rescue.
Honestly, not a single one will look your face once you are broke... You'll look back and be cursing those people shouting "givers never lack".... cheesy.... At a point in life, you will have to do away with your broke constant billing friends and move with the circle of well to do people....

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by TVTKOKO(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Equity15:
honestly, you're not alone. I have stopped Facebook for a long time. I turned off my read receipt and stopped posting on WhatsApp status. My Dp has been same for years. It's so bad that I can't even ask anybody how they are anymore without them bringing in money problems. When I see unusual calls, I think very hard before taking it. It's not thier fault tho, the country is hard. But These people don't understand that everybody is feeling it. Most of them now ask for little money like 1k-3k, they know you would be lieing when you say you don't have that kinda money but they don't know how many people you have given money that day, week or month. It's just so disheartening. This country hard for even the people earning.
This is nothing but the truth! They'll ask you 1k like it's nothing! But they don't know how many people you've given 1ks that's almost exhausting you! Damn!!

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Truvelisback(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Lol.. grin
If u fast and pray alot and u are stingy or hardly give out money or help people when u have the ability, u close open doors against urself.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Tayosteve(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

He didn't, oga.

Let him be jare.

Well, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you.
Big hug

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2021
Tayosteve:

Well, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you.
Big hug

You're welcome.
@Gloshare, na God win o.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by AmazingELixir: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:

I no fit tell person say I no get wen I get, as i dey talk to u now because of giving I never pay my landlord because I use some part of my rent help person..
I'm a type that love given but these one is too much, just these noon someone (my old friend) sent me a message on Facebook I should help him. this my guy is someone i don't chat with but I was surprise when i saw the request message.

I no mention anybody name,so no be mocking.. I just feel heart hunt sey person dey beg me for something persistently even after telling d person my problems...

Just as someone up there suggested stop posting on social media and secondly get yourself a true caller App and bar all unidentified numbers.

What you're passing through is child's play compared to what I went through and still passing through, some for over 4 years still hunt my line, they give breaks for sometime and continue again....even folks from my previous company still call asking for assistance, not talking about my previous gfs and some married Exes...

If I start counting those who borrowed with promises to pay back that ended up reneging on their promises ehmm!

Forget all those guys saying all kinda crap about givers never lacking if only they realise the emotional stress such persistent begging puts on someone.

There are some people I can't make the mistake of calling without it ending in plea for financial assistance...I have loads of challenges I need funds to take care of....I don't need that crap.

You need to develop some tough skin OP that's the way you can better handle the situation.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by AmazingELixir: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:

I no fit tell person say I no get wen I get, as i dey talk to u now because of giving I never pay my landlord because I use some part of my rent help person..
I'm a type that love given but these one is too much, just these noon someone (my old friend) sent me a message on Facebook I should help him. this my guy is someone i don't chat with but I was surprise when i saw the request message.

I no mention anybody name,so no be mocking.. I just feel heart hunt sey person dey beg me for something persistently even after telling d person my problems...

Just as someone up there suggested stop posting on social media and secondly get yourself a true caller App and bar all unidentified numbers.

What you're passing through is child's play compared to what I went through and still passing through, some for over 4 years still hunt my line, they give breaks for sometime and continue again....even folks from my previous company still call asking for assistance, not talking about my previous gfs and some married Exes...

If I start counting those who borrowed with promises to pay back that ended up reneging on their promises ehmm!

Forget all those guys saying all kinda crap about givers never lacking if only they realise the emotional stress such persistent begging puts on someone.

There are some people I can't make the mistake of calling without it ending in plea for financial assistance...I have loads of challenges I need funds to take care of....I don't need that crap.

You need to develop some tough skin OP that's the way you can better handle the situation.

Those you feel like helping do so and on your own terms and time and not because someone somewhere feel you are a tree that grows money.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by alphabbey1(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2021
Equity15:
honestly, you're not alone. I have stopped Facebook for a long time. I turned off my read receipt and stopped posting on WhatsApp status. My Dp has been same for years. It's so bad that I can't even ask anybody how they are anymore without them bringing in money problems. When I see unusual calls, I think very hard before taking it. It's not thier fault tho, the country is hard. But These people don't understand that everybody is feeling it. Most of them now ask for little money like 1k-3k, they know you would be lieing when you say you don't have that kinda money but they don't know how many people you have given money that day, week or month. It's just so disheartening. This country hard for even the people earning.
post yourself in your car enjoying good music, you will see 5 account number in your message box. Let me show you how bad this thing is...
Screenshot below is just yesterday message.
This girl posted something on how to learn copywriting with 3k fee, I have nothing to do with copywriting, just wanted to dash her 3k, I messaged her, and paid; see the next messages she sent me yesterday....

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Rollitout: 8:30am On Oct 25, 2021
It depends on who you are
Remember that God loves a chearful giver, people who gives are rewarded higher than people who receive.
If you are in the capacity to help people, please do, God will reward you for that.

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Equity15(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2021
alphabbey1:
post yourself in your car enjoying good music, you will see 5 account number in your message box.... Let me show you how bad this thing is...
This girl posted something on how to learn copywriting with 3k fee, I have nothing to do with copywriting, just wanted to dash her 3k, I messaged her, and paid; see the next messages she sent me yesterday....
holy Moses!!!!!!!!!!! grin . This is funny and annoying at the same time. Omoh this girl get mind sha

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by tunize(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2021
don4real18:

He's saving his money to japa. I know someone like that.
Hahaha the thing nor tire you?
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Baselm: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2021
I am a natural giver too and I have always been giving, but with this new trend of social media beggars, it is becoming overwhelming. You connect with one old acquaintance and next thing is taxing. To the point I don't like using my WhatsApp anymore, it is overwhelming.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by JIREN01: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2021
HenryDion:
We're in the same boat. I've already made up my mind to leave my current location, and also throw away my old number. I'd advise you do the same...

In your new location, lay low... Never allow friends to choose you, choose them.

When choosing, make sure they aren't church rats, but people on the same level as you in terms of financial capacity.

Nothing brings a hustling man down faster than familiar beggers.
Loool. To the extent you intend to discard your old number. It must be that bad.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by galadima77(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Giving helps faster than prayer.

For those who know
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Tayosteve(m): 8:39am On Oct 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

You're welcome.
@Gloshare, na God win o.

grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Baselm: 8:40am On Oct 25, 2021
alphabbey1:
post yourself in your car enjoying good music, you will see 5 account number in your message box. Let me show you how bad this thing is...

I have never posted myself in my car before, I hardly post on my status, I use the same WhatsApp profile picture for 2 years now, I haven't posted on Facebook for over a year, IG since 2016, it still won't stop them. However, I notice on few days I post pictures, the billings will come from all corners of the world. Like,they just remember you are alive and start billing you.

Everyday someone is seeking one financial help or the other. I have never lived my life asking people for money, I always try to work hard and earn my living and God has been faithful.

I believe people are intentionally trying to take advantage of givers.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by myrates: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Don't mind my typo terminologies

I don't know if there's anyone facing these some thing..
Chai! I'm going through same thing right now. It got to a point i asked someone I could confide in if it was my destiny to pay for friendship. As I'm typing right now I just got a request and I had to make the transfer. I've lost lots of supposed good friends just because I couldn't meet up with their expectations, I can't remember requesting for financial favours from either family or friends in the last 25years but I recall asking for some naira from my uncles when I was in school as a student. The pressure with which people make financial requests of me is neck braking and if one is genuinely unable to meet their demands, they turn you to a demon.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by TVTKOKO(m): 8:48am On Oct 25, 2021
I'm not that much of a spiritual person, but one thing I noticed is that, there's a force behind giving.. It's kinda metaphysical. The Universe recognizes it and even the Bible confirms it.

I give when i know it won't affect me nor my finances..
Give what you can afford to lose bro.. If it's going to affect you, DON'T GIVE.
When the Bible said, God loves the cheerful giver, it's talking about when you give without regrets nor mumbling and you can't do that if you don't have enough for yourself.
Cheers
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by myrates: 8:52am On Oct 25, 2021
Baselm:

I have never posted myself in my car before, I hardly post on my status, I use the same WhatsApp profile picture for 2 years now, I haven't posted on Facebook for over a year, IG since 2016, it still won't stop them. However, I notice on few days I post pictures, the billings will come from all corners of the world. Like,they just remember you are alive and start billing you.

Everyday someone is seeking one financial help or the other. I have never lived my life asking people for money, I always try to work hard and earn my living and God has been faithful.

I don't have profile pics at all. I only put my products on my status and had to block about 85persons from viewing it. I've come to realize that some people view your status not to patronize you or make referrals but just to measure your progress in order to make unrealistic demands from you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by JIREN01: 8:56am On Oct 25, 2021
ezewealth:

What u should asked yourself is "if you find yourself in their position will they help you?.
I am not asking you not to help people but don't displease urself to help people apart from ur siblings n parents. I used to be like you bro, till I learn it d hard way
So much wisdom. Your siblings and parents should be the major priority as they would be the ones to run to when chips are down. The so called beggars won't waste a second trashing your number.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by alphabbey1(m): 8:56am On Oct 25, 2021
Baselm:

I have many drip videos and pictures of me in my enjoyment state in my Gallery, I dare not post any grin.... They will remain in the gallery for only me to keep reminiscing upon..... Only those around me knows I have a ride.... you can't see all those things on my social media account... And it's because of no other thing than to avoid creating enemies. Once you Drip on status, they bill you, you give them excuse, they will reserve a place for you in there heart patiently waiting for you to be broke and appear in there DM....

Before you Drip on social media, ensure you are not in this country and you are in a position where you can never go broke again.... Those 2 things are very important....

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seunny4lif(m): 8:59am On Oct 25, 2021
grin
Who told this crap?
Even the bible that said givers never lack also said no food for lazy man.
Jesus, that feed 5K people didn’t do so without him telling his followers to look for bread and fish.
Nigerians looks at you like you own them your Salaries.
Truvelisback:
If u fast and pray alot and u are stingy or hardly give out money or help people when u have the ability, u close open doors against urself.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seunny4lif(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Same reason Nigerians see celebrities or rich people on the street and started begging.
I have met a lot of Bayern Munich players at supermarkt yet I no see anybody dey them beg for money apart fans who want to take a photo with them.
Thomas Muller don’t even like taking pics with fans when he is walking around because he will tell you, na private moment without Bayern shirt.
alphabbey1:

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by sylve11: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Giving helps faster than prayer.

That's just it. cool
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Babisha10(m): 9:20am On Oct 25, 2021
My brother I'm also facing the same thing and it's getting out of hand
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by alphabbey1(m): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2021
While in University, my uncle is the only person I bill, and the billings are always systematic..... I bill in a way I let you know me self Don try in getting this thing and show you steps have taken so far and end the message with letting you know there's no problem if you chose not to send anything coz I know you self might have one or two things you need money for and I only sent you this message to let you know my present situation... infact, I don't call coz I find it shameful. I don't send whatsapp message, I send the message through Facebook...
Am perplexed as at now that people just find it extra easy to just bill you anyhow with no sense of shame.... billers of nowadays are even so authoritative and proud while at it... One go just send message, how far guy, send me 2k and they drop account number waiting for payment screenshot

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by izibili44: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.
you said it all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Snakes Killed By My Dad And I (Black Spitting Cobra & Ball Python) / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today / Boy Who Cried While Begging Sick Woman With Oxygen Gets Help (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.