Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging (39986 Views)

Great Tips On How To Quit Bet9ja Virtual Betting And Gambling / I Left Social Media Because Of Chioma[davido] / Looking For Ways To Quit Smoking Weed? Please Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by abimbola74(m): 6:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Don't mind my typo terminologies

I don't know if there's anyone facing these some thing..
God will continue to sustain everyone

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Tayosteve(m): 6:16am On Oct 25, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Apply sense when reading quotes nah. The person you quoted was not pointing any accusing finger to you. He was in support of your first comment.

@GloShare, kindly ignore him. He didn't understand your post.

He did, go back and read again
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?
Ask those begging, they wish to be in your position. So stop. Complaining.

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.
Very sensible comment. This is what I talk a friend when he complained about haven not received any help from anyone but will keep on being asked for him. I asked him to switch places with them so that he can be receiving help and he screamed "God forbid" ... I laughed, and I said "complaining will make God put you in that position"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 25, 2021
NetValueFX:

Very sensible comment. This is what I talk a friend when he complained about haven not received any help from anyone but will keep on being asked for him. I asked him to switch places with them so that he can be receiving help and he screamed "God forbid" ... I laughed, and I said "complaining will make God put you in that position"

Exactly! I wonder why most people are no't reasoning like this.

Humans though.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Decide2rise: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

There's power in giving. Let me tell you this brief story. 2015 when my wife was pregnant with my first son, I was having difficulty in my career seriously to the extent that feeding my self and my wife was a tough task. One day on my street I spotted a woman on a shop who came to buy garri on credit so that her sick husband and the children could drink. I looked at the woman and tears almost dropped from my eyes because one could easily tell the woman was passing through hell. I asked questions and they told me where they live. Not long, one of my clients paid me an old debt and I decided to use part of the money to buy food stuffs for that woman and her family. Gave them rice, yam, beans, and some other food items with some cash. The woman was so touched that she knelt down praying to God to reign blessings upon me. That night I had a powerful dream about a deal that came my way and believe me within 3 weeks I made over 2 million naira from 2 surprising deals that came my way.

So bro, don't stop giving to the needy because it's a powerful thing to do but you have to give within your capacity. HAVE A GOOD DAY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Dahreformer2666: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

We plenty for there

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Dahreformer2666: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:
You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy.
I understand what you're trying to say but then .... giving all the time without receiving can be discouraging

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Givers never lack

But give with sense

You are just like me...I have a good sense of empathy and sympathy...Iike giving anyday anytime twice on Sunday

But people are advising me to stop or reduce it that giving too much and having pity for people will slow down your success rate...that the likes of Dangote, otedola, and other millionaires at some certain point in their life were all having a heart of stone that is why they were able to succeed
Giving is a talent inbuilt. I am certain no one taught you to give, it was in you from birth. All you need to do is to help reasonably. For instance, if someone meet me on the road and ask for TP, I tell them to board a taxi or keke and I pay, if someone tell me they are hungry (strangers), I buy them food. If someone I know is ill, and I am aware of it I must give that person money. I do this because I prefer supporting someone to health than contributing for their burial.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2021
Dahreformer2666:

I understand what you're trying to say but then .... giving all the time without receiving can be discouraging
Yes... Sometimes I feel that way too. However, I tell myself... Ngọzi na adiri ndị na enyenye karịa ndị na anara anara.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Das1mama: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2021
Don't give base on pity rather in leadership of the Spirit of Christ and i bet, u will not be tired or complain if is of the Lord... Some persons in your status wished 2 be favoured by God to reach out 2 d needy but was not granted. Shalom
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by don4real18(m): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2021
tunize:

Who tell you some people might have but dey just like begging or try to use people "like taking advantage" talking from experience. I am not suppose to say this, I have a friend like that who usually complaints as if he's not going to see the next day, and each time he complains I go just do the little I can until the day I saw his account balance oga was trying to hide it because he doesn't want me to see so he can continue complaining.
This dude balance my account balance dey learn work and I was just asking myself why would somebody with this amount of cash still finds it hard to use up his own money, but derive pleasure in collecting from people? Na that guy open my eyes. Used to be like this o.p I fit get #20 I nor mind give u #15 but now I nor go try am.
He's saving his money to japa. I know someone like that.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Matthew2925(m): 6:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Well Bro. In this contemporary world we live in one can stand alone. At one point or the other you also need a friends help even if its non-financial. I will advice you change your cohorts. But always put this at the back of your mind. The rejected stone might be the corner stone tomorrow. I don't see anything wrong in always been the giver. One thing you should realise is what goes around comes around. Even if you don't get the rewards your children or wife would. You can just put a limit to how much you give out but there is nothing wrong with you always been the giver. God is using you as a helper to those people and that's the very same way he would use another human being to help you when you need it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2021
In my own opinion its rather better to be a giver than being a beggar, I rest my case.
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by mimee9(f): 6:57am On Oct 25, 2021
I thought am the only one facing this,I sent the last money in my account to a friend yesterday,and 2 others on waiting list,one is even begging me in advance to lend her money in January.
I'm so tired of friendship

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by bayelsaowei(m): 6:58am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

I am facing same...its the economy..folks are really down financially.. and sometimes I end up not knowing what to do..its just not easy..

I wish we had a better government and a better environment for folks alike to thrive financially...
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by bayelsaowei(m): 6:58am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

I like this comment. Good one
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seniorgozman(m): 7:01am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Just stop giving, start telling them your own problem, if you don't have problems, cook up stories and tell. The begging will stop

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Bellotelli: 7:01am On Oct 25, 2021
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Everywhere is hard bro... I want to even ask you for small thing, I never chop since yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by seniorgozman(m): 7:02am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

They believe he doesn't have problem, this the reason for the begging

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Equity15(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Throwback:

CC: Idamond

My Facebook, WhatsApp statuses have been dormant for many years. I don't upload pictures or congratulate wifey on birthdays or post lengthy sophistry on wedding anniversaries, or comment or like posts on Facebook unless it is very necessary like condolence messages for people I shouldn't avoid. All just so I don't reignite my existence in the consciousness of people who feel they must always depend on others.

I ensure I live within my means, and even when I had little income in my early work days, I never showed any interest in the money earned by my family or friends who were better paid. Maybe it is pride, but it is pride everyone should have to help curtail the nuisance of dependence on others.

As for picking calls I do not have in my contacts, maybe on a ratio of 1 out of 20, while notorious contacts I already know are kept calling till they get the message.

Happy New Month on WhatsApp? guy I no dey reply am.

But do these cunning measures of mine eliminate the nuisance of begi-begi? It only help to reduce it, as there are people begging at every interpersonal interaction these days.

If you avoid the friends and family at the home or social front, can you avoid the security and cleaning staff in the office? Despite all my measures, many still consider me a cheerful giver.

You can only console yourself that you are the one in a position to be assaulted by their needs, rather than you being in a position to be assaulting others with your needs.

Don't let them pull you down with the burden of their bukata.

They are everywhere lurking around, looking for Simon of Cyrene to bear their cross.
words of wisdom!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by GloShare(m): 7:17am On Oct 25, 2021
Tayosteve:

He did, go back and read again

Tayo, you have real comprehension problems

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by CrownWale93(m): 7:38am On Oct 25, 2021
Lemme beg my own before you quit social media.. I need like $50 or more to my octafx trading account if you can be of help.

God will continue to bless the Givers
Idamond:
Good Nairalanders!

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Cubeman: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2021
Giving is s good thing. A very good thing if sensibly given. However, don't be surprised if you find out later that those who beg from you have more than you. Rather than be contented with what they have, they have the habit of taking. Some are opportunists. They are asking you because they know you have a good heart.
Just remember this:
When the chips are completely down for you,none of them will be there to help you.
So use your sense

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by alphabbey1(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

billing is annoying. It's nothing related to praying for God to assist you more... you can't even call your friends to wish them happy birthday, you can't reply Facebook chat of your newly met old friends, you prefer checking whatsapp status of your less privilege friends rather than engaging with them in conversation... You badly want to connect with them but it's billing sha all the time.... well to do people are very ready to associate with the less privileged, but when this billing becomes enormous, they start to distance themselves. And giving to people billing you is different from giving to people of your choice. You find more Joy in assisting people you wish to, less or no joy in giving to those asking from you all the time...

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Qpid5(m): 7:46am On Oct 25, 2021
Mercychen:

even after he made mention of how he used to tell them his problem/situations and you are still saying this?? This should tell u that the young man is not up to the task na

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Banter1(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2021
Dear Idamond dont quit now, let me do my own begging before you quit social media. Since God has blessed you so much. Please i need 15k to rent a single room. May your pocket not run dry in Jesus name Amen.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Mamijoh(f): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2021
richidinho:
Give them another opportunity they ll still vote Buhari for third term and resume begging immediately

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by AmazingELixir: 7:57am On Oct 25, 2021
[[s]quote author=Mercychen post=107015846]You should thank God you are in the position of giving and not the other way around. Or would you want to switch places with them?

What you should rather be doing is praying to God to sustain you in that position and increase you to a point where you'll have more than enough to give to the needy. [/quote][/s]

Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by snoopz: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2021
Na your inability to say NO dey cause all these
Whether you like it or no, you have to start saying no or simply ignore
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:02am On Oct 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
Giving helps faster than prayer.
Lol.. grin
Re: I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging by Coldie(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2021
I had to go off social media because of this, you have a situation where once you come online it’s straight up begging.

One of them started from am hungry am hungry. Was sending him for help, next thing he started begging I should buy him a phone I sent him money to buy a phone, he graduated to that I should open business for him, I got fed up with this constant begging and blocked him

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Snakes Killed By My Dad And I (Black Spitting Cobra & Ball Python) / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today / Boy Who Cried While Begging Sick Woman With Oxygen Gets Help (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.