Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

God and Allah: Are they the same? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / God and Allah: Are they the same? (18289 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Is There Any Difference Between The Christian God And The Muslim Allah?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2005
myname:

am disapoited that even some of u in the room that call urselfs christians will agree that the God u serve is thesame with am idol in Ka'aba called Allah. pic it upon yourself to study the origin of Islam very well n come back to answer this question. THEYU ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
Why? this is fanatical. Did you ever see GOD ? and you will never see him until .... Mix up of religion God Or Allah is one. Spend your time wisely.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by nferyn(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2005
myname:

am disapoited that even some of u in the room that call urselfs christians will agree that the God u serve is thesame with am idol in Ka'aba called Allah. pic it upon yourself to study the origin of Islam very well n come back to answer this question. THEYU ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
Hnd-holder:

Why? this is fanatical. Did you ever see GOD ? and you will never see him until .... Mix up of religion God Or Allah is one. Spend your time wisely.
The funny thing is that I have never seen this kind of fanatical thinking in Muslims in any of my real life and online encounters. It always seems to be a specific kind of Christian that needs to behave like that. Maybe the Crusades are [i]recent [/i]history after all undecided
And it's not the Catholics that behave like that nowadays.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2005
myname:

myname,I believe everyone is entitled to thier opinion. If youve read the posts ahead you would have realised that the tone of your post was uncalled for. We have all decided to discuss maturedly, we donot want to start arguing/fighting on this topic anymore. If some people believe that God and Allah are the same, I think theyre entitled to thier opinions, Just state yours and be open to discussion. Not fanatical criticism and by posting offensively.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Hndholder(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2005
The holy KORAN said in [4.171] O followers of the Book!(BIBLE) do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa (JESUS) son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 11:13am On Dec 16, 2005
God is one in essence. Three in person. In unity. He is one with his word(Jesus Christ) and his Spirit(the Holy Spirit).
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2005

@ myname, I can see that you're definitely thirsty for knowledge. I'm not going to chastise you further because you have done that to yourself by exposing how ignorant you were about history.

The Ka'bah is not Allah! The word Ka'bah means a cube. It's a cubic house "rebuilt" by Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) with his first son, Isma'il. This structure has only four walls and no roof.

Yes, before the birth of Prophet Muhammad (and until his Call to Prophethood), there were idolaters in the whole of Arabia peninsular. The center of their worship was the Ka'bah! Allah, in His Majesty, frowned at those unholy practices, so He commanded His Prophet at the time, Abraham, to rebuild the Cube to what it is today! There were many historical miracles behind the Cube (Ka'bah); its building predated Islam as a religion. Let me give you just one example: In the Prophet's year of birth (Year of Elephant), the year had already proven to be a very important one in the history of mankind. Abraha was the ruler of Yemen under the Abyssinian Negus. He intended to make his nation of Yemen the center of attraction and a great place of worship in lieu of Mecca to all Arabs, so he built a magnificent cathedral at Sana'a, capital of Yemen, and decorated it with all known ornaments and caparisons; he set up crosses of gold and silver, and pulpits of ivory and ebony. A man from Kinanah, a tribe similar to Quraysh, went to Sana'a for the deliberate act of defiling the cathedral. He was successful in doing just that, and returned safely to his people, rejoicing! Abraha was so furious that he decided to retaliate by razing the Ka'bah to the ground. That same year, he set out with a large army led by a very big and caparisoned elephant to attack Mecca and destroy Ka'bah. But Abraha and his overwhelming army could not do any harm to the Ka'bah as his army were pelted with brimstones and pebbles from the bottom of the hellfire by the ababil birds -- these birds were especially sent by Allah to attack Abraha and his army in order to save the Ka'bah! The Holy Prophet Muhammed was born at Mecca in Arabia on Monday morning, (August 29, 570 CE) nearly 4,090 years after Noah, 3000 years after Abraham, 2300 years after Moses, 1800 years after David, and 570 years after Jesus! Today, there are no idols in Ka'bah! Prophet Muhammed cleansed the whole Arabian peninsular of idol worshipping by Allah's leave. That was the reason why our dear Prophet was attacked and eventually kicked out of Mecca by the idol worshippers! He opposed them and their false worship, as we oppose the Christian polytheists and their sick idea of trinity! Now, tell me, is it not written in your bible that you must not bow down to a graven image? So, why do you Christian polytheists bow down to that picture (drawing to be exact) of a white European man, as your God? Who is an idol worshipper? Is it the Muslim who bows down to an imageless deity or the polytheistic christian who bows down to a "graven" image? Think well before you open your mouth next time!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by chrisd(m): 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2005
For me they are thesame, I call God "Allah" in my language.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2005
For me they are thesame, I call God "Allah" in my language.

The Nigerian Christians are ignorant about the root of their religion. Because we were colonized and forced to speak English by the British (who, by the way, brought their religion to them in Nigeria) they actually think that christianity's beginning was English. The bible was written in Hebrew (old testament) and Greek (new testament -- the over 75% of which was written by the founder of chrsitianity, Saul/Paul). Ask any coptic christian in Egypt what he/she calls our Maker, he/she will tell you that it's called Allah. And just about any Arab christians anywhere in the world, they'll confirm it. Are these Arab christians not christian enough? Methinks, they are better christians than these Nigerian ones who have been sedated by that slave masters' language -- English!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by chrisd(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2005
I fully agree with you Ajisafe. Many people are not in touch with tradition anymore. Better they find out the true christian roots.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2005
My God is neither, Hebrew, Greek, English, Hausa,Yoruba or Arabic. He hears me in whatever language I choose to pray to him.
He hears it all! I am not Hebrew or Greek and just because those were the original languages used in the original Bible Texts doesnt mean I have to speak to my God in those languages. Am still okay with a God who hears it ALL!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2005
Thank you o alheri. Abeg tell them . GOD HEARS EVERY LANGUAGE. I don't know what concerns a muslim with Christianity
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2005
Tell who?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 9:35am On Dec 24, 2005
Amin Sister,

We must know that Allah hears and sees all no matter what language or culture.

As human beings we are so limited in our understanding of God.

There is only ONE God and that's the point. Where most people differ at is having the right understanding of what that one God is. Not the fact that there is only One God.

Prophet Abrahim (PBUH) gave us such a beautiful example of this.
He searched for Allah every where. He took the sun, moon, sky, idols and more to be God. He realized that everything that he took to be God was created by a greater source. He rejected his fathers belief of the idols being God.
He came to the understanding that God was one, the one who created everything and everyone. The one who depends on nothing but the one who everything depends on.

Good to see your post sister, I always enjoy your post. smiley
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by madam: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2005
I hate this thread ! I hate this thread !

Seun where are u.....
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by damygurl(f): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2005
some peeps r making me laugh. in my opinion they r the same thing. God inĀ  English and Allah in hausa or arabic language.
God=Oluwa=Chineke=Allah
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by 2nde(m): 5:49am On Jan 08, 2006
I think the best to do is to go to heaven and ask whoseover you find as God
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by lifexpress(m): 5:54am On Jan 08, 2006
They are not but you need to meet them to understand the difference!
Everyone wants heaven but so few wish to visit, even those who accept God is their daddy! Why should a child be unable to visit the dad, except of course the toddler is too young to crawl all the way to the new home of a divorced dad & mum!
Can u meet God or Allh? Yes!
When? Here and Now!
How?
As u fall asleep everyday, until it happens, put your request the best way you like to talk to your father?
Then u are ready for the next step!
Rome was not built in one what, but it got built all right and even rebuilt too!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:33am On Jan 08, 2006
certainly not.. though they both rely on faith, praise and worship.. followers of one are richer than the other..
while god's people kill with sophisticated weapons, immorality and economic degradation, allah's people simply scream allahu akbar and slit your throat like a chicken.

God and Allah may have similar histories.. both laying claim to creating adam and giving abraham his first woody.. but that is where the similarities end...

No grammar context or language translation can equate God to Allah or vice versa. seems they have been at the center of most of the worlds crisis lately

Get this... there is no trinity.. there is God, there is Jesus and there is teh Holy Spirit.. and they are one in spirit (I mean one in their Vision and mission).. a lot of christians becloud their intelligence by claiming what God did not say. When John Baptized Jesus, God looked down and was pleased and the Holy spirit descended like a dove on Jesus...

Unless he has a psychotic schitzo with a split personality, i do not think he would go through such dramatic lengths to prove he really was pleased with Jesus.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Logical(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2006
Are you english? Well I am not, I just happened to be able to speak the language.

Would it be fair to use the christians interpretation to the english word "God" ?, Is the language of the founder of christianity English? Does he have the authourity to change the original meaning of a word to suit his preachings?

In Arabic the word Allah is used to denote the word "Al-Rab" which directly qualifies to the english word God, from arabic linguistics.

In Hebrew "Yahweh" which happens to be the language spoken by the Jews and the main language of the bible, do they used the word "Yahweh" to denote the english word "God"?

God to an english man does not go beyound.
1. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
2. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

Simple as that, no complexity of association by christians, or non-association by Muslims. Period. Non of you are english, period, and from the arabic denotation of Allah being "Al-Rab" equates to the meaning given by the English man.

Does it speak the same for the christians? Was "Yahweh" actually the word been used, in the bible and traslates to the English word for God today? I leave it to you to research that.

English makes it very simple. Allah denotes God, as understood by the non believing English man.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 10:12am On Jan 09, 2006
cheesy
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by flavorflav(f): 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2006
Allah is one of the prophets of God like Jesus is... but as a christian, Jesus is God's only begotten son who gave is life for remision of our sins.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by chrisd(m): 10:31am On Jan 12, 2006
What? Allah is God's name. Allah is the name of the only God. The Holy Name of GOD Almighty was indeed "Allah" in the original Bible.
It is also interesting to notice that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic. Thus the God of Islam, Allah, is indeed the God of Christianity.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by madam: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2006
Not again!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2006
chrisd:

What? Allah is God's name. Allah is the name of the only God. The Holy Name of GOD Almighty was indeed "Allah" in the original Bible.
It is also interesting to notice that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic. Thus the God of Islam, Allah, is indeed the God of Christianity.

Hugh?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by chrisd(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2006
Yep, me again. cheesy. Strange but true.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2006
chrisd:

Yep, me again. cheesy. Strange but true.

TRUE? I dont think so.

YOUR OPINION? Youre entitled to it.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by old2boy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2006
If speaking about the creator of heaven and earth, Yes! people call Him different names one of which is Allah.

If speaking about the revelation to Mohammed, then many Christians will find it difficult to reconcile the two;- God and Allah
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by flavorflav(f): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2006
ok. ok. ok. i'm wrong and you're right, but come to think of it... why would God give different religion the option to worship and interpret/translate his word and comandment. Can someone answer that...?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by chrisd(m): 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2006
ok. ok. ok. i'm wrong and you're right, but come to think of it... why would God give different religion the option to worship and interpret/translate his word and comandment. Can someone answer that...?

God did not give different religion the option to worship and interpret/translate his word and comandment. But people have found God, the same God in different ways. There are lots of ways towards God.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by c0dec(m): 1:32am On Jan 13, 2006
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2006
codec, are you sure you're on the right thread? cheesy

chrisd:

God did not give different religion the option to worship and interpret/translate his word and comandment. But people have found God, the same God in different ways. There are lots of ways towards God.

Your opinion again again my dear chrisd. The bible says one way and that is JESUS.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by nferyn(m): 9:29am On Jan 13, 2006
alheri:

Your opinion again again my dear chrisd. The bible says one way and that is JESUS.
Which is, of course, also only your opinion wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. / Mentally Challenged Man Recites Hadith, Quotes Quran (video) / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.