Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

God and Allah: Are they the same? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / God and Allah: Are they the same? (18299 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Is There Any Difference Between The Christian God And The Muslim Allah?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2005
U don't seem to understand been in a denomination? There are pentecostals as well as baptists-diff denominations but they all fall under one umbrella of "CHRISTIAN". It has nothing to do with my post to Kenya.

And moreover i believe Kenya's reference was to christianity so what does that av to do with denomination again?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 12:08am On Dec 01, 2005
prettyH

U don't seem to understand been in a denomination? There are pentecostals as well as baptists-diff denominations but they all fall under one umbrella of "CHRISTIAN".

You said denominations are many parts but all parts are "CHRISTIAN"

pentecostals, baptists, methodist, church of god, church of christ etc are all denominations but all are christian...

well, I am not a christian so how can I be of a denomination that is made up of parts that is called "CHRISTIAN" ?

As well as being "pretty" are you also blonde?

How many ways can I say the same thing to you yet you do not understand...?   

I am none of the above or any of what you will ask me in the next dozen posts I bet   angry

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2005
Okay people I see the term lesser degree I used is not working cause I'm gettin heat about it. I apologized about this term seeming disrespectful. I will strive to use better terms in the future.
It's not the term that I'm focused on, it's the point I made about how the different levels of knowledge that was reveled. Each religions truth is relavant without question.

My point is that the most current knowledge was reveled through Islam. Christianity has less information due to the time it was reveled in. It has less information because the revelation was not completed, there was still more to come and the remainder came through Islam.
Allah reveled things in stages and still revels things in stages.

Again my intentions is not to be disrespectful to Christian's.

To be honest I don't think because I practices Islam as my way of life that it is better than anyone who chooses Christianity.
I just know the difference in the level of understanding.

I never said that Islam is superior, I think I choose to point out more important facts.
You can do the research or study of Islam for yourself and then tell me if you think it's superior. I'm very open.
I try to be careful not to speak about things I don't have enough knowledge of or haven't studied. Too much speculation is harmful.

Good Guy- I love, respect and admire Jesus (such a beautiful being, a model for the world) he's my brother.

No I do not believe that Allah has a son. For me that would mean that Allah has a wife or has been intimate with a woman (Mary to be exact).
It will also equate Allah with being a man or human being. For me Allah is greater than anything we can imagine. I believe that we are all servants of Allah and nothing more. According to the Qu'Arn & Bible Abraham was the only prophet that Allah be friended, but still a servant of Allah's.
I know that Allah does not need man to produce a child, for all he has to say is BE and it is. So again I do not believe Allah has a child or children. My common senses won't allow me to incorporate that concept into my beliefs.
I do understand the son, children and the trinity concept but I associate no partners with Allah. Allah does not need us for anything.
I come from a Christan family, my father is a Pastor and I live in a Christan society.

No I do not believe that Jesus died for everyone's sin's.
How is that possible? What's the point of Judgment day? Is it for everyone who's not Christian's?
What's the point of trying to correct our wrong? How did Jesus save everyone when he was UN-able to save himself?

I can not live my life by this concept.
Again I understand the concept but I think it's mis leading and set's people up to fail.
For me that means that if Jesus died for my sins then I am not accountable for myself and I am free to do wrong.
I understand every soul to be accountable for it self (one point of judgment day). 
I think that Jesus sacrificed his life trying to get people to see the light that he was, trying to help correct the wrong, helping people learn to live a good life and the cost was death for him at a young age. I believe Jesus was blessed from birth with Wisdom, knowledge and Understanding that knowone on earth had in his times. (Very beautiful spirit)

I don't want to battle, but i am open to dialog.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2005
Rhoda,

As far as i'm concerned , we both don't understand ourselves and may never do. All i know is that, a christian is a christian as long as u are a follower of Christ Jesus. Whatever the name u ascribe to urself, good for u.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2005
Kenya,

My point is that the most current knowledge was reveled through Islam. Christianity has less information due to the time it was reveled in. It has less information because the revelation was not completed, there was still more to come and the remainder came through Islam.
Allah reveled things in stages and still revels things in stages.

Joh 16:12-15
I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

"Christianity has less information due to the time it was reveled in. It has less information because the revelation was not completed, there was still more to come..."

Yes, and Jesus allowed for this through the Holy Spirit that speaks to all of us for Eternity and may be speaking to Islam for all our benefits.

I think the biggest thing is the word "prophet".  Jesus was the Last and Greatest Prophet and after that:

Re 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus:
worship God:
for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy

A man speaks the testimony of Jesus, even if it comes through the Holy Spirit speaking for Him, does not make him a prophet but a Testifier of the Truth

That is why the Bible speaks of false teachers and false prophets...all are "false" to even accept the title because they should know better.

The Holy Spirit is your Teacher and Jesus is your Last and Greatest Prophet.
Read it, it is all in there.

No I do not believe that Allah has a son. For me that would mean that Allah has a wife or has been intimate with a woman

Allah/God is Spirit and does not multiply/produce in the manner of the flesh.
So, needs no "wife" in the conventional manner.
but, the Holy Spirit is His feminine part and was sent to man to produce His children here on earth.  Their Comforter, Teacher and Nurturer and on the Last Day the Holy Spirit will take them Home to be with the Father.

According to the Qu'Arn & Bible Abraham was the only prophet that Allah be friended, but still a servant of Allah's.

A brief explanation on this:
Yes, Abraham was a Friend but still a servant because he was of the old covenant.  But the Bible says He has a better way in the new covenant.  We now can be Sons to God and He will included His of the old covenant on the last day....

Joh 15:14-15
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Joh 8:35
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever:[b] but the Son abideth eve[/b]r.

This is man's misconception.  

Jesus died "ahead of us, not instead of us" to show us the Way...

I think that Jesus sacrificed his life trying to get people to see the light that he was, trying to help correct the wrong, helping people learn to live a good life and the cost was death for him at a young age. I believe Jesus was blessed from birth with Wisdom, knowledge and Understanding that know one on earth had in his times.

Yes, and you, too, have a beautiful spirit, Kenya  wink

Blessings
RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2005
prettyH,

Koran sura 5: The Table
Of Madina
17 And of those who say, ‘Verily we are Christians,’ we have taken a compact; but they have forgotten a portion of what they were reminded of; wherefore have we excited amongst them enmity and hatred till the resurrection day; but God will tell them of what they have done.

AMEN

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2005
lol...says who..no wonder
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2005
Kenya:

No I do not believe that Allah has a son. For me that would mean that Allah has a wife or has been intimate with a woman (Mary to be exact).
It will also equate Allah with being a man or human being. For me Allah is greater than anything we can imagine.
That's why he's called God. He's omnipotent. He doesn't need to mate with a woman to produce a child. That's why he chose a holy one, Mary, who had never been touched. He simply put the baby in her womb, supernaturally.

Kenya:

I know that Allah does not need man to produce a child, for all he has to say is BE and it is. So again I do not believe Allah has a child or children. My common senses won't allow me to incorporate that concept into my beliefs.
You contradict urself here. You believe God can do all things, yet u don't believe he can produce a son even without mating with a woman? Well, u've said it already. You're talking based on ur common sense.

Kenya:

I do understand the son, children and the trinity concept but I associate no partners with Allah. Allah does not need us for anything.

They are not partners of God. They are in God and God is in them.

Kenya:

How is that possible? What's the point of Judgment day? Is it for everyone who's not Christian's?
What's the point of trying to correct our wrong? How did Jesus save everyone when he was UN-able to save himself?
Jesus was not here to save himself. His sole aim was to die for humanity so that the purpose of his coming will be fulfilled. He himself said no man has power over him except it is given to that man from above.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2005
...says who..no wonder

Says Allah, and it's so wonderful!

It's OK for you to disrespect your fellow human beings, but to pooh-pooh Allah's statement is egregiously outlandish.

i really want to know what makes yr so called religion more superior *shakes head and laughs* because i know it ain't.

I really don't think it's proper for any Muslims on this forum to be apologizing for any truth they have pronounced! Let's call a spade a spade! If what these Kafirs really care to know is whether Islam is greater than their religion, Christianity, without cutting corners, I'll emphatically say YES! We don't need to prove anything to them. They're not nice people, so there's no need to be nice to them! Look at the above quotes and think it over. So, please, no more apologies -- they're just not worth it! Let's meet fire with fire!

@ Madam,
Why did you selectively mention my name when your "sisters and brothers in christ" are all over the board attacking others vituperatively? Or weren't you the same that voiced "Thank you jo, Alheri...?"
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 9:00am On Dec 02, 2005
Thank you Rhoda Rose, You too have a beautiful spirit. May Allah continue to strengthen, guides and protect us all.
I must say that again I truly respect you and just so that you know.
I truly have an understanding of Christianity and the Holy Bible (in a Western way). I respect them both, in-fact I have to respect them in-order to be Muslim.
Please know that as a Muslimah (Muslim woman) I believe in
1) belief in Allah & the last days
2) Mohammad is the messenger of Allah
3) Fasting during Ramadan
4) Making the Hajj (visit to the Kabbah in Mecca)
5) Giving charity. The 5 pillars of Islam.
With this I believe in the 6 Pillars of Iman or faith.

With that being said I do not accept the notion that Jesus was the last Prophet.
To accept that notion would mean that Islam is not real and that Prophet Mohammad was not a true Prophet of Allah's. This is also means that I have doubted Allah's words and truth spoken through prophet Mohammad (PBUH). I hope you understand that this is very contray to my beliefs and the religion I practice.  
Again I respect your beliefs but they are not my beliefs to share with you. If we must connect I much rather stay focused on the fact that there is only one all knowing, One.

Good Guy-

If you look back in the same post that you proclaim that I contradicted myself in you will see that the words that I used are clear and free of contradition.
I clearly said that all Allah has to do is say BE and then it will be. So that means that if he wanted Mary (PBUH) to be pregnant then she will be pregnant. I never said that Allah did not impregnate Mary(PBUH) with Jesus (PBUH). I never said that, in-fact I didn't even entertain that notion.
What I said was that I did not believe that Jesus was the son of Allah's. I did not explained the logic for my belief, but I never discredited nor limited the Abilities of the most high. That's an insult to my intelligence, although I am forgiving. Just ask me why I don't believe the notion and I wil answer, but don't accuse me of something I did not say nor believe. (Please don't) I am open to any faults or mistakes that I make, just point them out.

Here;s the deal-

You can choose to believe what you will believe about what makes your life comfortable.
I will not be moving from the position that I take, so you can quit trying. Everything that you have brought to me does not support the current level of knowledge, wisdom or understanding that I have been blessed with, further more it doesn't support the logic that I understand. I am very open but you have to make truthful sense in order to keep my attention. I don't feel that you are reading my post clearly, because you are responding to things that I have already clearly answered or addressed. So it seems that this is becoming redounded. If you are not sure and have questions then just ask, I'm open and  will tell you what I honestly think, believe and feel. If you are just un comfortable because I choose to practice Islam then that's fine also.
The truth is I am your sister no matter how you look at if. I am of the human and African Descent, so On a level of being your fellow human sister I am your Cultural sister. No I am not Nigerian, but my Orgins lies within Africa. This is un changeable and I still love you. wink wink  

I'm not trying to convert you to Islam and tell you that your beliefs are wrong. I simply said that there was more to what you understand of your religion. I just said in a way that you were not comfortable with. I apologized to you and used better words (that was my intent).  
You seem to be attacking my words or me instead of having dialog with me. Why?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2005
Oh No sister I am not apologizing for any truth that I have have said. I apologies for the way I may have used the truth to disrespect or hurt others. I truly belie that Allah wants us to use our intelligents on a higher level than insulting people and being dis-respectful.
I am merely trying to follow the way of my heart and our prophet Mohammed. Being truthful and respectful of others, but I will not and have not backed away from the truth. My truth has not changed from the very first post that I posted.

Word is Bond.
I am a Muslimah for life.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 9:20am On Dec 02, 2005
Fiery, Yeah I'm one of the most fiery persons you will know.  wink Seriously, I'm actually proud of myself for composing myself as well as I have, seeing how I've been attacked.
I have truly been semi delicate with the kafirrs but not too easy, yet easy enough to support their current level of understanding.
Trust me it doesn't matter what is brought to me from their book, the Absolute truth stands on it's own. They have yet to read or study the Qu'Arn but they want to tell me he truth? I'm not at all impressed, nor am I moved and further more I have not seen the truth of the bible be correctly translated into practical terms that is truly understood.
It really seems spooky and irrational for the most part. I have tried to balance it out with the logic of common sense that Islam teaches us.

This forum is fun for me, it's like a pencil sharpener. It's a great learning tool because it keeps you sharp and in tack with what you believe.
My emotions are not greatly invested into this. It's not Stimulating enough, this type of thing can go over forever.

Besides when people act as some of these people are acting it is only because they truly desire to learn, so I'm using this as an opportunity to teach Insha'Allah.

-Kenya
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2005
Ajisafe,

If what these Kafirs really care to know is whether Islam is greater than their religion, Christianity, without cutting corners, I'll emphatically say YES! We don't need to prove anything to them. They're not nice people, so there's no need to be nice to them! ...So, please, no more apologies -- they're just not worth it!

IF I were a "christian" this would have been very insulting... wink

But Allah/God the Creator of All is One God and if we follow His Words we are One also, with Him and each other. No "names" of identity are required.

RhodaRose

Kenya,

I must say that again I truly respect you and just so that you know.
I truly have an understanding of Christianity and the Holy Bible (in a Western way). I respect them both, in-fact I have to respect them in-order to be Muslim.

Couldn't have said it better so I say to you the same. Although I admit I do not have a good understanding of the Koran but am reading and studying it as of now.

Please let me say that "christianity" is a man-made religion and you would be better off to just read and believe what is in the Gospel of John first and than the other 3 Gospels of Mark, Matthew and Luke (in that order) Avoid the rest for a later time.

2) Mohammad is the messenger of Allah

YES! This is how I see it, too! Mohammad is the messenger (sent one) of Allah/God and should not have the title of "prophet" because there are only false prophets and false teachers after Jesus.

3) Fasting during Ramadan

You do know that Jesus relates "fasting" with the Word of God and not "food" taken into the body. You should "fast" from reading His Word...and if you are like me it is more painful than not eating "food" for the Body. This allows you to "sort the thoughts" (meditate) on what you have without adding more and gives Him time to speak to your spirit. Then, when you break the fast and return to "eating' His Word you will have new revelations to what the Spirit is teaching you.

With that being said I do not accept the notion that Jesus was the last Prophet.
To accept that notion would mean that Islam is not real and that Prophet Mohammad was not a true Prophet of Allah's. This is also means that I have doubted Allah's words and truth spoken through prophet Mohammad (PBUH). I hope you understand that this is very contray to my beliefs and the religion I practice.

Islam is real. Mohammad/Jesus was a true Messenger. Never doubt Allah/God's Words spoken though any of His True Messengers.

Again I respect your beliefs but they are not my beliefs to share with you. If we must connect I much rather stay focused on the fact that there is only one all knowing, One.

You are so wise, Kenya! Yes, let us focus on the fact that there is only One All Knowing One

AMEN

Here is your Wisdom from the Heart:

I apologies for the way I may have used the truth to disrespect or hurt others. I truly belie that Allah wants us to use our intelligents on a higher level than insulting people and being this-respectful.
I am merely trying to follow the way of my heart and our prophet Mohammad. Being truthful and respectful of others, but I will not and have not backed away from the truth.

AMEN AMEN

This forum is fun for me, it's like a pencil sharpener. It's a great learning tool because it keeps you sharp and in tack with what you believe.

Me, Too cool

Love, Your Sister
RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2005
Ajisafe:

I really don't think it's proper for any Muslims on this forum to be apologizing for any truth they have pronounced! Let's call a spade a spade! If what these Kafirs really care to know is whether Islam is greater than their religion, Christianity, without cutting corners, I'll emphatically say YES! We don't need to prove anything to them. They're not nice people, so there's no need to be nice to them! Look at the above quotes and think it over. So, please, no more apologies -- they're just not worth it! Let's meet fire with fire!
A true muslim wouldn't act like this, unless if it's what you were taught in your mosque. What if I said this: Muslims are the best in the world. Their religion is the best. They are the nicest people on earth. They don't apologize for wrong-doings. They meet people who don't believe in their religion, fire for fire; would that make you happy now?? At times, I really wonder how old you are. rolleyes

@Kenya, I simply responded where I felt it was necessary. You call that an "attack"

RhodaRose:

Islam is real. Mohammad/Jesus was a true Messenger. Never doubt Allah/God's Words spoken though any of His True Messengers.
JESUS IS NOT A MESSENGER OF GOD. HE'S THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD. (John 3:16).
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2005
Thank you very much Rhoda, of course all praises are due to the most high. Any good that you find is truly from Allah, all era's are mines.

Now Rhoda,
you know that I disagree with you about Mohammad (PBUH) not being a prophet. All Prophets are messengers, Not all Messengers are Prophets, while I did not make it clear as I laid out the 5 pillars of Islam, it does not mean that he is not a Prophet.
Let me corect that
2) Mohammad is the messenger and Prophet of Allah

To say that Mohammad is not a Prophet only a messenger or that he is a false Prophet is truly a disrespect to Islam
I guarantee you that Jesus would disagree with you and be dis-appointed with that statement.  smiley

Usually I don't take something like this too lightly, but because you don't know the religion I will be flexible as say that before you speak of the religion, please at least study it or ask someone of that faith about your doubts before you form oppinons or veiws. It is only wise to do so.

Again even though I did not clarify it when laying out the Pillars, I made it clear in other area's that Mohammad was the Prophet of Allah through Islam.

Many Muslims will point out Mohammad in the bible as the one that Jesus spoke of to come as a comforter in his name.
Many of us will say that If you knew the life of Prophet Mohammad then you will see Jesus reflected.
Many of us will say that Mohammad is the one who broke the seven seals( in revelation)  that was placed on man's light of knowledge, wisdom and understanding after Jesus left mankind.

It get's so deep Rhoda, but let's keep it light for now.  wink

GoodGuy-

The way you responded seemed like an attack to me.
But of course I live in a different country where the customs are different, so I could be mis-reading you. If you say that you were not attacking me then I will take your word. wink
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2005
Oh Rhoda

For clarity
I don't doubt Allah's word or truth that's a part of why I am Muslim and I chose Islam as my way of life, while respecting everyone else.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2005
Rhoda,
I over looked many things you said.

Yes I'm aware of the different levels of fasting and that each Prophet used fasting in their diets, christians fast, everyone does.
But No one fast for 30 days like the Muslims. Everything we do is different as specific to our Culture of Islam so it can not be compared with other religions Rhoda.

You will find simularities but not the same practice.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2005
Talking of fasting, I really don't think it should be mandatory for all. When I feel it's necessary for me to fast, I will. I am not against ur practises though, I'm just voicing out my opinion. wink
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 12:48am On Dec 03, 2005
Yeah fasting can be a tough thing to get used to.
But if we think about it, we fast from food every night when we are sleeping.
Our bodies go without it for several hours everyday.
But it teaches us allot. I don't always make it successfully through Ramadan, I'm getting better but it is something that must be practiced over time in order to perfect. smiley

I think people should do it when they are ready and at their own pace.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2005
You know, I don't think any of you actually read what I said in my post about "fasting" so here it is again.

You do know that Jesus relates "fasting" with the Word of God and not "food" taken into the body. You should "fast" from reading His Word...and if you are like me it is more painful than not eating "food" for the Body. This allows you to "sort the thoughts" (meditate) on what you have without adding more and gives Him time to speak to your spirit. Then, when you break the fast and return to "eating' His Word you will have new revelations to what the Spirit is teaching you.

Joh 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus never spoke of the flesh but of the Spirit

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2005
Sister Kenya,

All Prophets are messengers, Not all Messengers are Prophets

This is not what Jesus said because Messengers are "sent ones" and Prophets are:

Re 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: Worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Prophecy is only the Testimony of what Jesus spoke, which is of course the Word directly from God/Allah

So, yes, Mohammad can be a "Prophet" if he spoke the testimony of Jesus, or, which is in fact the Words of God/Allah and that being true can be a messenger/prophet.

Most people think a Prophet is one who speaks of future things and it can be if it was reveled in the Scripture and NT Gospels (4 books) where Jesus spoke the Word of God.

The Spirit only "builds" on what was said and doesn't add new prophecies because Jesus said "it is finished" at His death in the flesh...if it wasn't finished then His time would have not come and He wouldn't have left the world to return to God with His mission not done...

Thoroughly confused now? I just got up and am not thinking clearly...more on this with your questions smiley

Love and Blessings,
RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 7:45am On Dec 06, 2005
Sister Rhoda,

Actually I do read your posts, I understood you quite clearly.

What I pointed out about fasting is that in the religion of Islam we are taught to understand that fasting is more than abstaining to food. So in other words I am aware of the same things that you speak of. Fasting is good for the spirit but other parts of the body benefit as well. One physical benefit is that you can loose weight. There are More.

So I think I complimented and added to what you stated.

In some of my other posts I alway pointed out that Mohammad is an Prophet and that if people knew the life of Prophet Mohammad then they will see all of the prophets reflected within him, even Jesus (Peace Be Upon Them All).

But for me I do not have to valaidate Mohammad being a prophet by the life of Jesus, No I do not have to do that at all!!!
Jesus is not the criteria by which Mohammad is judged, Allah is sufficient enough.

The question is are you really reading my posts? And if so are you understanding what you are reading?
Reading and understanding something is two completely different things.

It's can  be tricky trying to build with you because you don't seem to have a religious base. 
It seems as if you don't have solid grounds to stand on outside of your self.
I know that you read or study the Bible and you quote the Bible through out your posts but if you are not Christian than how can the Bible be your base?

In this day and time only a very learned scholar and a Christian who studies Christianity truly knows and has a great understanding of the life of Jesus, which qualifies them to speak his words in the way that you have within your post.
In the case of a learned scholar they would study all Religions in it's proper context to be able to speak intelligently about Allah's prophets, they would also be able to see how they all represented the same principles. 
In addition to that this learned Scholar would recognize Allah's work through Mohammad (PBUH)

I mentioned before that it seems as if you do not have a base in terms of not taking upon one of the ways the Allah reveled for mankind to practice their beliefs.
I understand this to be very dangerous because you are not on either side, you are just neutral. Because you are neutral it makes you dangerous for any religious group.

I'm not saying that if a person is not Muslim then they will not understand the Qu'Arn or if a person is not Christian that they will not understand the Bible. I'm simply saying that a person who is not Muslim can not teach me how to be Muslim and a person who is not ChChristianan not teach another how to be a Christian.

I see religion to be the structure for the soul and spirit, not an oppressive system. People use religion to oppress others but I don't believe religion it self is oppressive.

Back to the points,

There is a way for the Bible to be properly understood and it has to be put into it's proper context. We can not truly intrepid the deeper meaning of Allah's word on our own without a higher guidance or understanding, unless we have been a student, or unless we have receive divine guidance from Allah.

The quotes that you have posted does not seem to be in line with the last point you were making. In fact I didn't even see how that quote could be broken down into the point you were making.

I do have a very good Study Bible, so I am aware of the quotes and some of it's context.

I'm not confused, I'm just wondering just where you are comming from?

-Your sister,
-Kenya
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2005
Sister Kenya,

It's can be tricky trying to build with you because you don't seem to have a religious base.
It seems as if you don't have solid grounds to stand on outside of your self.
I know that you read or study the Bible and you quote the Bible through out your posts but if you are not Christian than how can the Bible be your base?

No, I am trying to lose the "religious" base I had and establish a Relationship with God/Allah.
Religion hears through the flesh and Relationship hears through the Spirit.
I have a very solid ground to stand on: God/Allah, the Holy Spirit and the Bible.
It is not only "christians" who read the Bible.
I am what Jesus said I could be: a Son of God/Allah

...you are not on either side, you are just neutral. Because you are neutral it makes you dangerous for any religious group.

There are only two sides:
Son of God or son of flesh and if I am "dangerous" for any "religious" group then I have done my work and will of God/Allah by speaking the Truth.

Joh 15:18
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.Joh 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

...a person who is not Muslim can not teach me how to be Muslim

Yes, this is very True and I know little about the Muslin faith but would like to learn more.

There is a way for the Bible to be properly understood and it has to be put into it's proper context. We can not truly intrepid the deeper meaning of Allah's word on our own without a higher guidance or understanding, unless we have been a student, or unless we have receive divine guidance from Allah.

This is very True although we must be a student of the Holy Spirits' Teachings and not of mans' teaching.

Joh 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The quotes that you have posted does not seem to be in line with the last point you were making. In fact I didn't even see how that quote could be broken down into the point you were making.

Re 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: Worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The Spirit that a "Prophet" will have is the Testimony of Jesus and what He said about the future, not new things of the future only new revelations of what was said.
Also, notice it says: Worship God! We are never to worship any one else...God/Allah Only.
Not Jesus, Mohammad...no one!

Must run for work, more later with your post

Blessings Sister

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by madam: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2005
na wa... una they write sha
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2005
Assalaam alaikum, Kenya:
Sister, I enjoted your response to my last post; it was full of knowledge. However, I'm not a sister -- I'm a Muslim brother, ma sha Allah!

This "goodguy" is definitely a pain in the behind. You see, when you all start trouble and the Muslims meet you even half-way, you cry foul, saying the Muslims have started ooooo! In truth, you are the troublemakers!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2005
Ajisafe, na wa o long time. So now its goodguy u have a problem with.

Infact what trouble are u talking about? U mean challenging u guys when u contradict our beliefs?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2005
Yeah, longtime -- no see. See, you were wrong as always; I have no problem with you guys, I'm only here to give you the good tidings about being a true believer. I'll talk to you again tomorrow; I've got to go now. Thanks.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2005
Ajisafe:

Yeah, longtime -- no see. See, you were wrong as always; I have no problem with you guys, I'm only here to give you the good tidings about being a true believer. I'll talk to you again tomorrow; I've got to go now. Thanks.

Never was..never will be wrong.

Yes u do have a problem with Christians unless u are denying all the vulgarity of your posts.

Leave us to our beliefs. Its our own good tidings. Don't need to know bout yours.

Take kare.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2005
Ajisafe, I'm not in anyway surprised at ur comment. Insults and absuive words are already synonymous with the name "Ajisafe" on nairaland. cool
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2005
Walaikum As Salaam Brother Ajisafe,

Alhumdi'Alllah always.

My apologies brother for mixing your gender up. I enjoyed your responses as well. It's always good to talk and grow with Muslims.

Yeah that goodguy wink. I gave up trying to figure him out after a few post ago.
Religion gets sticky for some people and we have difficulties being just in our views. I actually love religion it's very interesting.

Well I'm off to bed.

As Salaamu Alaikum,
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by myname(m): 10:26am On Dec 15, 2005
am disapoited that even some of u in the room that call urselfs christians will agree that the God u serve is thesame with am idol in Ka'aba called Allah. pic it upon urself to study the origin of Islam very well n come back to answer this question. THEYU ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by nferyn(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2005
myname:

am disapoited that even some of u in the room that call urselfs christians will agree that the God u serve is thesame with am idol in Ka'aba called Allah. pic it upon yourself to study the origin of Islam very well n come back to answer this question. THEYU ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
<SARCASM type="bitter" serious=NO>
Pick up the Sword, Soldier of Christ, and drive the unbelievers from the holy land. Ignorance is a virtue, tolerance is for weenies
</SARCASM>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. / Mentally Challenged Man Recites Hadith, Quotes Quran (video) / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.