Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

God and Allah: Are they the same? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / God and Allah: Are they the same? (19057 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / How Authentic Is Hadith "I leave amongst you...The Book of God and my sunnah"? / Is There Any Difference Between The Christian God And The Muslim Allah?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2005
God and Allah: Are they the same?

In terms of language translations, YES, they are the same.

But in terms of religion, No, they aren't.

In the Christiandom, God has A SON. But from the Islamic point of view, God cannot procreate, hence, He has no son. This actually is one of the major things that causes religious conflicts amongst Christians and Muslims. Since both Christians and Muslims believe there's only ONE GOD, therefore, none of them will want to agree with the way the other party sees HIS OWN GOD.

However, I personally know SOLID MUSLIMS who, today, have become very active christians. (When I say "SOLID", I mean 'conc.' ALFA's who later turned 'HOT' CHRISTIANS). These are the people who found the truth and it has set them free. I believe with time, the remaining muslims will understand.  grin

P.S. No one should bite me oo. I only voiced out my 2 kobo grin
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 8:18pm On Nov 26, 2005
In the Christiandom, God has A SON. But from the Islamic point of view, God cannot procreate, hence, He has no son. This actually is one of the major things that causes religious conflicts amongst Christians and Muslims. Since both Christians and Muslims believe there's only ONE GOD, therefore, none of them will want to agree with the way the other party sees HIS OWN GOD

As I stated in another thread God's Sons are those who speak His Word in Truth

So if the Word is spoken in Truth you are also Sons

and if we both follow the One and Only God...

God procreates through His Word being spoken

Conflict over... Huraah for our side which is the same side

Blessings to you my Brother

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2005
Allah guides who he will to the straith path and lead whom ever he will to go astray.

I too now Muslims who have become Muslim, It saddens me.

I would rather die before I turn back on belief of being a Muslimah submitting to Allah. Just as Pharoh's wife Asiya. Pharoh Killed her because she refused to believe that he was God, She beleived in Allah only. So again I would rather Die before I become Christain or any other than a Muslim Woman.

We must respect the order of the Revelation. Christainity was not the first revelation that mankind received nor is it the last revelation to man. Christainity in it's pure form is definatly a revelation from God but revelation continued after Christainity.
Abarham was not Christain, yet he was righteous. Christainity came after Jesus and Jesus was not the first Man to walk the earth. There were righteous people who were here before Jesus.
In his own words he said that he did not come to change anything but to only fulfill what had come before him.

Do we even know what he's talking about? I don't think most Christains do.
W
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2005
Truth be told, We can find truth in almost anything. So if that's all that we are looking for then we will go in circles for the rest of our lives. Truth without proper guidance or proper knowledge and understanding of the Truth is almost equal to not having found truth.

Islam is not the enemy of Christianity, so we should stop the childish games of what is the truth and what isn't. They both are true in many ways. And clearly the are both very different. One book the Qu'arn stands on it's on as a comfirmer of all truths that have been exposed to mankind. It speaks of all religions and anything that we could imagine and brings clarity to our minds and souls and points out that which is not true.
Anyone who says that they are Muslim have to respect the foundation of the righteous that was laid before Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). In respecting the foundation we also understand the difference in the time and context that things were reveled and the order of Revelation that man must respect and follow in order to be in accordance with Allah and The straight path.

We see Islam as the last Revelation to Mankind. Yes the Revelation, the last Prophet that we will know in this life. Mohammad represents every righteous Prophet that ever walked the earth. Infact Mohammad and Jesus(PBUT) would not dis-agree on what is the truth because they both represent the truth in the same way. If we are really following Jesus then we will see Jesus in Mohammad.
The Followers of Moses followed Jesus, the followers of Jesus followed Mohammad. This happens because people understand, respect and followed the order of Allah the most high. It's not about these great men that we like to worship, it's about Allah The creator of these men.

Until we follow the proper revelation and guidance of Allah then we will always be on the wrong path, Muslim or not.
Anyone can say with their mouth that they believe, yet the heart does not.
Many of us are religious because of family traditions, not because we really believe or have the proper knowledge of what we say that we believe.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ayinke(f): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2005
In Yoruba the word for God is Oluwa. In Igbo the word for God is Chineke. When the Bible is translated into Arabic for Arab Christians, the word for God is Allah. So, are you guys saying that when Christian Arabs are praying to Allah (in their language) they are praying to a Muslim God? This is just silly. No matter what Arabic Bible you read the word for God in it is ALLAH.

What did Abraham call God? He was born in Mesopotamia which is now Iraq? I’m pretty sure Abraham never used the English word “God” but his own language.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2005
This is silly how we are getting worked up about his. If we cannot be peaceful and logical then wy are we posting things? This is not about being bias, we should speak clear truth.

I agree that the Language from each ethnic group may mean the same. But the understanding of Allah is different, Arab or not, African or not, American or not. It's not really the language it's the understanding of Who Allah is. It's mixed up with his prophets and so many different idea's from mankind that makes Allah a ghost or something else, even makes Allah a Man. This is All wrong and there has to be clarity so that people will know the truth about Allah, his prophets and the truth of heaven and earth, Jinns, and everything else created.
That's what Islam represents.

Allah says in the Qu'arn that he perferred Islam as our way of life. He did not say that it was mandatory or that it was better than anyother religion, He aid that it was the way that he preferred. Allah respects every path so why are we trippen.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2005
Kenya:

I too now Muslims who have become Christians, It saddens me.
Why must it sadden you? You should be glad. Tell me, why do you think percentage of muslims being converted to Christians is far greater than the percentage of Christians being converted to muslims? They simply all saw something (best known to them) that made them turn to the Christian religion. All of them couldnt have been brainwashed.

Kenya:

I would rather die before I turn back on belief of being a Muslimah submitting to Allah. Just as Pharoh's wife Asiya. Pharoh Killed her because she refused to believe that he was God, She beleived in Allah only. So again I would rather Die before I become Christain or any other than a Muslim Woman.
My Bible (THE HOLY BIBLE) is true. It does not speak lies. This same WORD OF GOD (ALLAH) is the one that says "UNLESS YE ARE BORN AGAIN, YOU CANNOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD". Also, the same word of ALLAH makes me to understand that "JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM". You can be a muslim and still believe in JESUS, if you choose to. But most muslims, knowing this truth, know that the only way they can become more convinced and enlightened about this is by converting themselves to Christians and start going to church where the WORD will be properly administered to them.

I hope you get my point. wink
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 12:23am On Nov 27, 2005
Goodguy says

You can be a Muslim and still believe in JESUS, if you choose to. But most Muslims, knowing this truth, know that the only way they can become more convinced and enlightened about this is by converting themselves to Christians and start going to church where the WORD will be properly administered to them.

You can be Muslim and believe in Jesus and Mohamed because they were disciples of God/Allah if they spoke the Truth of the Word of God/Allah.  The only thing people have to convert to is to believing what God/Allah says. 

You do not need to go to church because the Holy Spirit is your Teacher and you will only learn the Truth there.

Joh 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ayinke(f): 12:25am On Nov 27, 2005
Muslims believe in Jesus and all the Prophets. So, NO we don’t have to go to church to have the word “properly administered” because we already have the Torah, Bible and Qur’an. The Holy Qur'an states:

It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.

We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.

And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.

To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah. It is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute.

Holy Qur’an Sura 5:44-48

But thanks anyway goodguy wink

Kenya:

This is silly how we are getting worked up about his. If we cannot be peaceful and logical then wy are we posting things? This is not about being bias, we should speak clear truth.

I agree that the Language from each ethnic group may mean the same. But the understanding of Allah is different, Arab or not, African or not, American or not. It's not really the language it's the understanding of Who Allah is. It's mixed up with his prophets and so many different idea's from mankind that makes Allah a ghost or something else, even makes Allah a Man. This is All wrong and there has to be clarity so that people will know the truth about Allah, his prophets and the truth of heaven and earth, Jinns, and everything else created.
That's what Islam represents.

Allah says in the Qu'arn that he perferred Islam as our way of life. He did not say that it was mandatory or that it was better than anyother religion, He aid that it was the way that he preferred. Allah respects every path so why are we trippen.

Hey Kenya, I’m not worked up. I just got here smiley Every human being is given free will to accept or not accept and face the consequences of their choices. Allah states in the Qur’an: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. The right course has become clear from error. So whoever disbelieves in idols and believes in Allah has grasped the most trusthworthy handhold with no break in it.” Allah also says to us: “On this day I have perfected your religion for you and chosen for you Islam.” Also, Muslims recite Sura Fatiha at every prayer, which asks Allah to guide us on “the straight path”, and not the path where Allah's "wrath is brought down” or “those who go astray.” Clearly, there is a right way and a wrong way ... a good way and a bad way. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Sirajuddin(m): 6:59am On Nov 27, 2005
I think you are just being silly! If Jehovah is God, Yahweh is God, Olorun is God, why can't God be called Allah in Arabic, or even in Hausa-Ajami?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by darlingbas(m): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2005
GOD is GOD whatever name you call him he is still God, when you call him any of these names do you refer to the creator of heaven and earth and everything that is in it? if yes then we all dont have to argue anymore, it doesn't matter if you call the creator any name you want, the most important thing is your mind, because God himself has not told us his real name, you just go ahead and call him any name that you want and i'm sure he will understand that you are talking to him.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2005
Darlingbas said

GOD is GOD whatever name you call him he is still God, when you call him any of these names do you refer to the creator of heaven and earth and everything that is in it? if yes then we all don't have to argue anymore, it doesn't matter if you call the creator any name you want,  the most important thing is your mind, because God himself has not told us his real name, you just go ahead and call him any name that you want and i'm sure he will understand that you are talking to him.

AMEN and HalleluYAH

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2005
Sirajuddin:

I think you are just being silly! If Jehovah is God, Yahweh is God, Olorun is God, why can't God be called Allah in Arabic, or even in Hausa-Ajami?
I don't think anyone here disputed that fact.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 1:33am On Nov 28, 2005
Hey Kenya, I’m not worked up. I just got here smiley Every human being is given free will to accept or not accept and face the consequences of their choices. Allah states in the Qur’an: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. The right course has become clear from error. So whoever disbelieves in idols and believes in Allah has grasped the most trusthworthy handhold with no break in it.” Allah also says to us: “On this day I have perfected your religion for you and chosen for you Islam.” Also, Muslims recite Sura Fatiha at every prayer, which asks Allah to guide us on “the straight path”, and not the path where Allah's "wrath is brought down” or “those who go astray.” Clearly, there is a right way and a wrong way ... a good way and a bad way. But maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
[quote][/quote]

Naw Sis We understand each other perfectly clear.  I'm with you. What I was saying is that Allah said that he preferred Islam for us, he didn't say that the other religions were not a choice he just said that he perfected and preferred Islam for us. As a woman who wants to follow right guidance I will follow what Allah preferred, which is Islam:  So even as a Muslimah I respect everyones choice of religion. It's not for me to say who's wrongly guided. Allah has made it clear already, so I'm not concerned with it. Hey but Thank you for the clarity, very good point Illustrated. That's what Islam does for the mind.

Just to respond to Rhoda Rose,

Sister it saddens me because I am a Muslim woman who loves, knows, respects and appreciates the religion. It is foolish for me to be happy to know that my brother or sister has transgresssed to a lesser degree of understanding when the riches knowledge, truth and understanding has been given to them. I am happy for anyone who becomes Muslim counsciously. Yes it is their choice and I respect their choice, yet it still saddens me. When you know the truth you just know.

The only reason I could imagine such a high turn over rate for Muslims becoming Christain is because of the lack of understanding, guidance and faith people have of the religion. Just because a person lives in a Muslim country or is born of a muslim family doesn't mean that they understand the religion. I wouldn't say that because Muslims converted into Christains that Islam is not the truth. Islam is not fitting for everyone. It's the highest degree of knowledge available to mankind and everyone is not ready for it. Islam is mathmatical, about adding things up, using your common senses if you know how to acsess them. 
The truth of the matter is that Allah guides whom he pleases and many people are called to the religion but few are choosen. 
Here in America where I live there is a high turn over with Christains converting to Islam.
So it tells me that people are currupted by the practice of Islam in some countries and currupted by Christainity in others, yet it doesn't  mean that the religion is impure.

I don;t beleive I said that the Bible was not a book of truth, I belive I said that truth can be found anywhere and that the most current revelation of truth reveled to mankind was Islam. (Do the math and you will find it to be true.)

I have not and nor am i here to disrespect Christainity, I will speak the logical truth of what I know using my common senses.
As a Muslim I have to respect the Bible and the Torah, yet those are not the books I study. They are not of my intrest, the Qu'Arn is the book that I study.
Your approach to me tells me that you lack correct knowledge and understanding of my religion and you seem to be closed minded about other religions outside of yours.
Sister I represent, peace, truth, righteousness and I am clear in what I say. If you can not respect it then please don't respond.  I think we have gotten of track here because this discussion is about Allah and God being the same or different , not about Christainity verses Islam. I don't have to defend Islam, In-fact Islam is bigger than anything I could comprehend , this religion defends itself, Just read the Qu'Arn.
I practice and support, speak of the religion, not defend it.

We can create another forum for that, if you really want to go there. For me there is really is nothing to compare, truth stands on it's own.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 6:14am On Nov 28, 2005
Kenya,

I looked back and I don't see that I posted to you but you must be talking of what I posted to others:

Just to respond to Rhoda Rose,

Sister it saddens me because I am a Muslim woman who loves, knows, respects and appreciates the religion. It is foolish for me to be happy to know that my brother or sister has transgressed to a lesser degree of understanding when the riches knowledge, truth and understanding has been given to them.

If you were speaking of me you must know that I do not practice "religion" but relationship.  One on one with God.  I do not feel I have transgressed to a lesser degree of understanding in following the Holy Spirits Teachings.

...people are corrupted by the practice of Islam in some countries and corrupted by Christainity in others, yet it doesn't  mean that the religion is impure.

This is certainly very true.

I don;t believe I said that the Bible was not a book of truth...

Did I say that?  If so I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

I have not and nor am i here to disrespect Christainity, I will speak the logical truth of what I know using my common senses.

...and I never meant to disrespect what you believe.  Please, forgive me.
  Our common sense is all we have in order to speak Truth.

Your approach to me tells me that you lack correct knowledge and understanding of my religion and you seem to be closed minded about other religions outside of yours.

Yes, I do not have much knowledge or understanding of your religion but am not closed minded but always eager to learn what pleases my God.  Please show me what you know.  smiley

Sister I represent, peace, truth, righteousness and I am clear in what I say. If you can not respect it then please don't respond.  I think we have gotten of track here because this discussion is about Allah and God being the same or different , not about Christainity verses Islam.

I am so sorry if I showed disrespect toward anyone.  Most of my last posts were about comparing God/Allah.  As far as christianity verses Islam I never would have done that because, I myself, am not a christian but a lover of the One God and Him Only.

As you say, Truth stands on it's own and I ask forgiveness  for any misunderstanding we may have

Sincerely,  RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Ajisafe: 6:50am On Nov 28, 2005
I love this. Oh, I love this. Intelligent people (Christians, Muslims and, of course atheists) are now dialoguing. This is fantastic! Now, let's ask the hypocrites and ordinary quiblers to evaporate from the board, as many of us now care to be nurtured by words of wisdom.

As for those who see the influx of certain Munafikins, who called themselves Muslims, into Christianity, I only have to agree with both sisters Ayinke and Kenya. They have hit the nails on the head -- and they are right on the money! In Nigeria, especially Yorubaland, many parents themselves are ignorant about the religion of al-Islam; they just attend mosques to line up behind the Imam without knowing what the faith entails.Tell me what kind of children are these folks bringing into the world? A bad tree will only bring forth a worthless fruit. Thank you.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by snazzydawn(f): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2005
Allah and God same thing?nuh uh!!!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 9:29am On Nov 28, 2005
@ kenya and sirajuddin. May the GOD you both worship continue to bless you. You are both examples of muslims I grew up with in my native kaduna state. Full of intelligence and understanding for your fellow human beigns whether muslim or christian.  

Yes,sirajuddin like you rightly said, Why cant hausa or northen muslims call God allah? I wander the same thing too because as a child i grew up calling GOD "Allah?" in Hausa. Even in church we sing choruses refering to GOD as Allah. The hausa language has already borrowed that from arabic so speaking in that context, God and Allah are the same.

But right now, we Hausa/ Northen christians prefer to call GOD "UBANGIJI"(TRANSLATED: Almighty GOD).because of certain issues that arose along the way. At a certain time our Hausa muslim brothers did not like us calling God Allah because of the issue of Trinity which is absent in Islam. That is how the whole calling God Allah issue came about. So hausa christians decided to coin out another name to refer to GOD in Hausa. It has been a very difficult transition because everyone is already used to it,some have even decided to ignore this new concept. They believe that their own christian GOD knows when his people are refering to Him.

To GENUINE God fearing peaceful muslims on this forum, I apologise if I have at any time said anything disrespectful to your belief. I was provoked beyond what my human "facaulties" could tolerate. I believe in a peaceful Nigeria where religion or tribe is no issue. Lets keep on keeping the fate. PEACE OUT.............
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by madam: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2005
I just cant understand this fight about religion... after all we came to this world to meet it and we shall leave it here...

The so called white man that brought religion as in Christianity and Islam to african did not do this in good faith... it was their own way of taking us captive as slaves abi have u guys forgotten so soon...

Pls i beg enough of the agro.... Adisafe and co
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2005
Sister it saddens me because I am a Muslim woman who loves, knows, respects and appreciates the religion. It is foolish for me to be happy to know that my brother or sister has transgresssed to a lesser degree of understanding when the riches knowledge, truth and understanding has been given to them. I am happy for anyone who becomes Muslim counsciously. Yes it is their choice and I respect their choice, yet it still saddens me. When you know the truth you just know.

As for those who see the influx of certain Munafikins, who called themselves Muslims, into Christianity, I only have to agree with both sisters Ayinke and Kenya. They have hit the nails on the head -- and they are right on the money! In Nigeria, especially Yorubaland, many parents themselves are ignorant about the religion of al-Islam; they just attend mosques to line up behind the Imam without knowing what the faith entails.Tell me what kind of children are these folks bringing into the world? A bad tree will only bring forth a worthless fruit. Thank you.

These two posts only show that Ajisafe and Kenya believe that Islam is the only true religion but they don't want to put it directly so as to avoid criticism. Telling me that being a Christian, I have transgresssed to a lesser degree of understanding, is just very foolish for me to accept. Why attack Christians indirectly and later say you respect everyone's choice of religion? That's just too childish for my liking. If you detest the Christian religion, SIMPLY SAY SO!
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2005
Much better yet, why do we have to put "names or titles" on those who worship God/Allah, the Creator of All Creation?

If this were dropped than there would be nothing to argue about and we could get on talking about what we know of this One and Only God /Allah of Creation.

God is not the God of confusion but the devil is.

Who do you think instigated all these names for the worship of the same God?

Mt 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Joh 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Re 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Re 22:9
Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by alheri(f): 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2005
hey Rhodarose. smiley I just wanted to commend you on the way you interpret the Holy Bible. Youre really objective for someone who says shes not a christian.
I've learnt alot from you on this forum. Please keep it coming! wink. God bless you.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2005
alheri

As a matter of fact I only "lend" my eyes, ears and mind for the Holy Spirits' use in Teaching me.  All Praise and Glory are Gods' and I am grateful He finds me worthy of using me in this way.

I am not a "christian" because I do not put such names on the True Lovers of God, our Father.  If we claim Him as Father than can this make us any less then Sons?

Mr 8:38
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

God willing I will serve Him as long as I am in this world.

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2005
@ rhodarose,

if u ain't a christian, then what r u? cos i seem to be confused
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by Kenya(f): 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2005
RhodaRose

Sister I am sorry and I apologize, I did not post my response to the right person. Please forgive me embarassed.
My post should have been directed at good guy.
Thank you for pointing it out to me. May God continue to bless you.
Sincerely, your sister.

Good Guy-

I don't detest Christianity it would be foolish and I do respect everyone's choice, yet it doesn't mean that I don't have an oppinion of the truth.
Yeah I know what you will say next. If I respect it then why have an oppinion.
Well I'm human and that's just the way it is sometimes. We all have opinions about things.
I'm not Judging Muslims who convert to Christianity saying that they are going to hell, Now that would be wrong for me to say that.

Let me make it a little more clearer for you. When I say lesser degree I mean exactly what I said. It's not disrespectful if you understand it correctly.  My apologies if you feel that way, that was not my intent.

Because Islam was reveled as the last Revelation to mankind it makes Christianity, Judaism and any other Religion a lesser degree of knowledge, understanding and wisdom.  It's just like reading an old dictionary that has been revised 3 times. For me it makes since to read the most current dictionary to get a greater and more current understanding. This does not mean that the Bible or Torah does not have truth. 

I'm not apposed to being criticized for my beliefs, nor Will hide my beliefs for anyone. I believe in Allah and that is enough for me.
As I said before, I can not defend the religion of Islam it defends it self. I chose to post my feed back in a way that was respectful to everyone because I think it is an intelligent and right way to do things, not because I don't was to be criticized.

I hope that we are clear and in peace brother smiley,
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 12:14am On Nov 30, 2005
prettyH,

if u ain't a christian, then what r u? because i seem to be confused

I am not a "christian" because I do not put such names on the True Lovers of God, our Father. If we claim Him as Father than can this make us any less then Sons?

1Jo 3:1-2
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, NOW are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Shall I come right out and say it....?

OK....

I AM A SON OF SON[/color]

My, that felt good.... smiley wink cheesy grin cool

Mark 8:38
[color=#990000]Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

RhodaRose

Sister Kenya,

No apology necessary...I enjoyed answering your questions even if they were meant for someone else grin

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2005
Kenya:

Let me make it a little more clearer for you. When I say lesser degree I mean exactly what I said. It's not disrespectful if you understand it correctly. My apologies if you feel that way, that was not my intent.
What exactly makes Christianity a lesser degree?

Kenya:

This does not mean that the Bible or Torah does not have truth.
Do you believe Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and that HE died for our sins?
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by prettyH(f): 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2005
@rhodarose, in the bible, true lovers of Jesus were referred to as christians. It is either u r one or not. What exactly r u trying to say , u r higher than the name "christian" or u don't subscribe to the name cos i am not getting this.

@Kenya,
why should christianity be lesser, cos u r a muslim. Pls as with goodguy, i really want to know what makes yr so called religion more superior *shakes head and laughs* cos i know it ain't.
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2005
PrettyH

@rhodarose, in the bible, true lovers of Jesus were referred to as christians. It is either you're one or not. What exactly r u trying to say , you're higher than the name "christian" or u don't subscribe to the name because i am not getting this.

As I explained to you and others in another thread I will also explain here because it can not be said enough:

If u say you r not a christian but are just a follower of Jesus, please whats the difference.

"christian" is a "religion" and following Jesus is a "relationship" with the Father.

Are u trying to say you're from another denomination or what?

No, just the opposite, I am from no "denomination" but from the Church that Christ (the Anointing) is building

But u seem to forget that in the bible followers of Jesus were called Christians.

I don't "forget" that because it is not so...Bible followers of Paul were called "christians"

but the Bible followers of Jesus are called Friends by Jesus

Joh 15:14-15
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

and Sons by God, the Father. You can not call God Father unless you are a Son. smiley wink cheesy grin shocked rolleyes cool

God, the Father, wants Relationship , NOT "religion"
Do you think if you ask me many, many times that I will "change my mind"?

My feet are firmly planted in the Word of God in Truth and Love.

I shall not me moved (and only by the Father, if I am ! )

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by goodguy(m): 6:54pm On Nov 30, 2005
RhodaRose, do u attend a church? (I mean like a building where people congregate not the church that Jesus Christ is building/has built/about to build rolleyes)
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2005
prettyH,

See what "being in a denomination" causes:

@Kenya,
why should christianity be lesser, because you're a muslim. Please as with goodguy, i really want to know what makes yr so called religion more superior *shakes head and laughs* because i know it ain't.

It causes confusion and fighting as to "who is superior" when none are even recognized by God, the Father.  God, the Father, recognizes only Sons and all Sons are equal and not superior in any way, shape or form.  

End of conflict of who is better because all are equal in the eyes of the Father.

If you want "religion" just stay there and see who is good, better, best...

but if you want Relationship then step into His presence and be a Son to Him and He will recognize you as such...

He loves you no matter where you are, but do you love Him ?

You can only have Relationship as His Son in His presence...

...or you can stay outside and figure out who is good, better and best of the ones who do not love Him...or enter His presence.

Your choice, as always... God is Good, All the time   cool

RhodaRose
Re: God and Allah: Are they the same? by RhodaRose(f): 7:05pm On Nov 30, 2005
GoodGuy,

RhodaRose, do u attend a church? (I mean like a building where people congregate not the church that Jesus Christ is building/has built/about to build

Where people "congregate" is right...and sometimes they "congregate in the "church building" to play bingo...what a laugh!!! Now the churches are open for entertaining in the ways of the world... TOO MUCH !! rolleyes

I used to attend church because I thought it was required of me, and it was, in the eyes of man but not in the eyes of God.

"come out of her, My People"...Just what do you think this is asking us to do?

I am "out" and learning anywhere I can read the Bible or talk with God, the Father through His Holy Spirit.
Which is pretty much all the time and anywhere
Sure beats having to "wait" for the "church doors" to open for me to have a relationship with the Father.
I worship 24/7 anywhere I chose to do so.

HalleluYAH cool

and Jesus Christ IS building His Church and it is not too late for those who want to enter, to attend. Doors open 24/7, come on in grin

Blessings,
RhodaRose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Share Your Eid-Kabeer Pictures Here / Evidence Of The Existence Of God, And The Wisdom Behind His Creation / Asmau Iyawo Abdullahi, Nigerian Pilgrim Dies In Mecca (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.