Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married (1116 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? / My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Gbongwon1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
My people, I brought this issue here in other to probably get some dispassionate and candid advice.
My fiancé and I have been dating for about 4years now.
I officially proposed to her on the 8th September (ie last month) and she said Yes!

She informed me earlier that her genotype was "AS", I told her that I was "AA" even without any form of medical confirmation. I strongly believed I was "AA" as almost all my siblings who have gone for test turned out "AA".

Few weeks ago while discussing with one of my elder sisters, she told me she was "AS". That sent fear and doubts through me, If she is "AS" that means someone else could still be "As" in our family.

I finally summoned the courage to go for the test today. And my worst fear was confirmed.
I am "As" cry

I'm currently devastated, and depressed. I don't even know how to tell my fiancé. This would be too much for her.
Have called my sis already, she was sad about the report. Told me to let my babe know, but I should find away to break up with her as the risk of having a child with "SS" is high.

The thing is, I don't think I would be able to break up with her. Although I'm going to inform her about the result, probably not today.

Please, my nairaland friends. Is there a way we could proceed with the marriage and still have healthy kids. Make una help a brother in need cry
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Jeon(f): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
Yes
God will interval.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Ablemax(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
una dae find trouble
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Gbongwon1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jeon:
Yes
God will interval.
Aside the God factor, is there anything we could do on our own.
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Iamemma(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
So So sorry Op

I won't advice you to continue with the wedding plans, find a way to break up with her.

It is better you both are heart broken now than to have to care for a child that is SS.
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Freestainworld(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Am sure you know the answer but just proving stubborn, if I where you, I will abort the mission for future purposes.
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by ItsGoodToBeGood: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Shey to have healthy kids no dey hungry you ni,,,,, for the sake of your future kid's health, abort the mission after all no be today we begin dey hear "I can't live without you" Both of you should not be selfish,

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Mutaultope(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pls For the sake of the children and your own sanity

pls don't get married ooo ... it will be a total disaster and God has nothing to intervene in

Don't just love , use sense

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Beckysexy(f): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
NO

Even if you don't pity yourselves pity the poor kids for F sake. Imagine what they'll grow through in life all because of your selfish interest.

Once again NO.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by OfficialGaGa(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
"The thing is, I don't think I would be able to break up with her. Although I'm going to inform her about the result, probably not today."

Op are u okay? are u madt ni? u wan to use selfishness to ruin ur life n dat of some u claim to love??

You have only three options
1. If u are a christian with a strong n rugged faith u can pray or go meet a pastor of higher anointing to assist u in prayers for Mercy of God to change it... but if not.........
2. Breakup n move the fvck on
3. consider no 2 option first n seriously

Nor let Devil use love deceive u....

Something Hooge dey come
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by ValCon888: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
A fly that is destined to die will follow the corpse to th grave.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Davash222(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jeon:
Yes
God will interval.
God has already intervened by making the young man to go check his genotype.

It will be foolishness and stupidity for the young man to still be hoping and waiting for God to intervene again.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by 9182736455O1999(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thank God you found out before you married
if not Naijacove will carry your story one day

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jeon:
Yes
God will interval.

To slap you just dey hungry me, if you know how many SS kids despise their parents for bringing them into this world to suffer you won't blindly place your faith on anyone. At OP it will be the hardest decision in your life especially if you and your partner truly love one another, in this loveless world. At this point you both should make thorough research about the possibilities or consider adoption, you will be helping a child achieve he/her dream and God will bless you extra for such work.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Samsplug(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
No man please Imagine the pain ur children will go through Imagine ur child being sick all the time cos they SS
But If u are not planning on having Kids u can go ahead
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by depato88(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2021
Assumption is bad at times, see what you caused, you and her have gone far, 4 years is not 4 days. the stage you guys are breaking up will be devastating and painful BUT you MUST break up with her for the sake your unborn kids. Even as it would be devastating breaking up is better than the nemesis and troubles of going ahead. I pray you and her find love again and the right partner that is meant for both of ya
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by OnlineArchitect: 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2021
No
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Righteousness2(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Medically you will advised not to.

But if you Believe GOD and You are Sure She is your GOD given Partner, then go in that Might. Healing is the Children's bread and GOD ALMIGHTY that I know is Committed to what HE Initiates or Direct.

I Have Personally seen SS Genotypes turn to AA by the Hands of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Kilotat: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ah!!!!!!!! For this Buhariaaa?
If una finally marry, Abeg Check my Signature (In Aboki Voice)
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by DarkCaesar(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
You see this Love wey still Dey shack you, e go clear for your eyes soon, that I promise you…..love wey go sour after two SS pikin shake u financially and emotionally
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Candidlady: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Please in the name of god end the relationship please and please again!!
i use "beg god" you, free the girl
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by ExtremeDot: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lover boy.

That love na em wan finish you so.
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Reflex01(m): 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
You want to Intentionally bring in a child or children into the world to suffer and probably die young. I hope ur conscience will be cool with that ?
My aunt lost three kids to sickle cell and is still having one that she is still caring for
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by flyingdutchman(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Do your research on the following:
1) Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
2) Amniocentesis
3) CVS

If after you are still keen after this, then by all means, go ahead!!!
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Hanibbal(m): 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Righteousness2:

But if you Believe GOD and You are Sure She is your GOD given Partner, then go in that Might. Healing is the Children bread and GOD ALMIGHTY that I know is Committed to what he Provides.

God go dey him own una go dey use am commit atrocity. Bringing an SS child into this world sef is a sin against GOD when you both had known already that you were not compatible medically.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Tani91: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
Run the test somewhere else and thNk me later
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by TheUndercover: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
Righteousness2:

But if you Believe GOD and You are Sure She is your GOD given Partner, then go in that Might. Healing is the Children bread and GOD ALMIGHTY that I know is Committed to what he Provides.
Religious dogma makes people do stupid things. What has "God" got to do with this? It's just like asking "God" to protect you from evil while still going in the direction where evil is placed. SMH.

Getting married to who you're not compatible with is basically taking an unnecessary risks with no fruitful output. This is common sense, not everything has to be religiously driven. I've seen kids with SS genotype suffer and I don't wish that for anyone. The young man should abort mission ASAP, but I'm thinking he won't. His emotions will win over him.

He strongly assumed he was AA because he has already fallen in love. Oxytocin has blocked his eyes from making logical decision. What would take him to carry out a blood test before shít got serious? *Sighs.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Angelacruz: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
I heard IVF can help but it is very expensive.Talk to a Doctor.
Gbongwon1:

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Cyoung4real(m): 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
"The thing is, I don't think I would be able to break up with her. Although I'm going to inform her about the result, probably not today."

Op are u okay? are u madt ni? u wan to use selfishness to ruin ur life n dat of some u claim to love??

You have only three options
1. If u are a christian with a strong n rugged faith u can pray or go meet a pastor of higher anointing to assist u in prayers for Mercy of God to change it... but if not.........
2. Breakup n move the fvck on
3. consider no 2 option first n seriously

Nor let Devil use love deceive u....

Something Hooge dey come

God will turn it to AA
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Reasonwithme2(m): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
You can proceed with the marriage if you have money and I mean plenty money. Science and medicine have improved the world today that something can be done in cases like yours.
Surgery can be done to ensure you don't have an SS child but it's very expensive.. Go go an adequate hospital to learn more. This is 21 century, AS and AS marrying isn't a problem anymore..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by GOFRONT(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2021
Another Genotype wahala again.....
Look for a lady with AA although

The one that is AA may not be complete with character and morals.
Re: My Fiancé And I Are Both Genotype "AS", Can We Still Get Married by Charmingrascal(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
Gbongwon1:

Nothing, to be sincere with you.
Only God can make a miracle happen.

I will advise you not to jeopardize your unborn kids lives, Please don't get married to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict: How I Solve My Problem / When Your Appearance Doesn't Depicts Your Character And Personality / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.