Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (72309 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by rasputinn(m): 11:55am On Jun 14, 2011
v3:

This poo is funny grin cheesy
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGMUJKS9NYw&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

OMG shocked shocked shocked

AW are you kidding me?more red flags for another likely trophyless season ahead.This guy is not just serious
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
I wouldn't say I am excited about Gervinho's imminent signing for Arsenal. I'm worried that we will have two African forwards who will be absent during the ANC. What's worse is that we will have the ACN competition in 2012 and 2013 as the CAF now want to host ACN competitions in odd number years.

I have also seen Gervinho play once or twice and Ild say I'm not too impressed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
Funny video v3. . . .imagine if it was Eboue trying to speak Chinese. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
proudly9ja:

I wouldn't say I am excited about Gervinho's imminent signing for Arsenal. I'm worried that we will have two African forwards who will be absent during the ANC. What's worse is that we will have the ACN competition in 2012 and 2013 as the CAF now want to host ACN competitions in odd number years.

I have also seen Gervinho play once or twice and Ild say I'm not too impressed.

you must have seen a fake gervinho play. he is the most skilful ivorien forward.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^ Considering the fact Kalou is the next most skilful Ivorian, that isn't much of a compliment cheesy

Truth be told, i prefer Hazard but Gervinho is a good player in his own right.

Meanwhile, is it true Nasri is demanding 160,000GBP p/w? The boy must have lost his mind.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
ritchboy:

^^ Considering the fact Kalou is the next most skilful Ivorian, that isn't much of a compliment cheesy

Meanwhile, is it true Nasri is demanding 160,000GBP p/w? The boy must have lost his mind.

arouna dindane

gervinho will be a massive hit in the premier league - almost in the mould of odemwingie. he is a very brilliant player. if united don't have chicharito, he's the kind of player that would compliment berbatov and rooney. he was a class act in south africa last summer and during the olympics in 2008.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
ritchboy:

Hazard is too big for Arsenal, He cant play for a useless club like yours.

160k? Lets go there, Shebi dem say Wengay no dey spend money

Gervinho not impressive? Well GAYYners are blind in spirit
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
coogar:

arouna dindane

gervinho will be a massive hit in the premier league - almost in the mould of odemwingie. he is a very brilliant player. if united don't have chicharito, he's the kind of player that would compliment berbatov and rooney. he was a class act in south africa last summer and during the olympics in 2008.

I completely forgot about Dindane.

dayokanu:

Hazard is too big for Arsenal, He cant play for a useless club like yours.

Hazard is too big for Arsenal yet he plays for Lille? Hazard is too big for Arsenal yet he said he'd love a move to Arsenal? Is your brain behind a firewall?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
160,000 for Nasri, nigba ti ko ya weyrey grin

Gervinho is quite the player. Dont know how he'll rate as a lone striker though.  undecided

Second year in a row, Cesc Fabregas best assit per minute, best chance created per minute in the 5 top leagues of Europe. I shake my head at people saying we should let him go. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^ Wenger will play Gervinho wide. . . Even in a slightly disappointing season by his standards Cesc still puts his peers to shame grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
if its true that nasri wants 160, which i doubt,

then he really wants a move, has gone bonkers, thats probably what old red nose offered him.

WENGER SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FLOG HIM OFF TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

afterall, even if him stay, they wont win nada, so why not.

. as for this gervinho issue, after seeing the much vaunted chamakh in action, dont hope for much from the french league. the standards there are clearly piss poor these days
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
4llerbuntu:

as for this gervinho issue, after seeing the much vaunted chamakh in action, dont hope for much from the french league. the standards there are clearly piss poor these days

evra, drogba, malouda, essien musta dropped from the league in planet pluto then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by aribisala0(m): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
160000x52=8.3millionx5years=40 million .

i reckon he calculates he too can do chamakh refuse to sign, refuse to be sold and in one year  40 million might not seem too high to new employer.

even if arsenal try to sell him he does not have to go
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
coogar:

evra, drogba, malouda, essien musta dropped from the league in planet pluto then.

No need to even go that far back - Sagna came from Uranus as well. grin

Are you even taking him seriously? I've advised him to go hug a wet transformer instead of continually spewing his pointlessly negative comments on nairaland. cheesy

ritchboy:

Hazard is too big for Arsenal yet he plays for Lille? Hazard is too big for Arsenal yet he said he'd love a move to Arsenal? Is your brain behind a firewall?

There is no brain, only a broken gramophone stuck on the same disc. grin

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a lot about Gervinho, but scoring 15 goals and 10 assists is not a bad return while playing for the Champions. Obviously no one can say for certain how he will fare in the league, but that shouldn't be a reason not to sign him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
ritchboy:

I completely forgot about Dindane.

Hello, Lille won the league, Arsenal ? ? In the last 7yrs dont know what that means

No player with ambitions would play for Arsenal even Nasri, Arshavin, Chamakh etc are regretting the move they made to that useless club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
Hey Debo, I know you've been a bit critical of Clichy. I stumbled on this article doing the numbers, quite objective in my opinion.

http://www.anfieldindex.com/2685/liverpool-fc-transfer-scouting-stats-left-backs.html

Personally I deduce he needs to do better going forward. But according to their numbers he comes tops defensively.

Personally I think Clichy gets more criticisms than he should.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2011
slimshay:

Hey Debo, I know you've been a bit critical of Clichy. I stumbled on this article doing the numbers, quite objective in my opinion.

http://www.anfieldindex.com/2685/liverpool-fc-transfer-scouting-stats-left-backs.html

Personally I deduce he needs to do better going forward. But according to their numbers he comes tops defensively.

Personally I think Clichy gets more criticisms than he should.

Interesting stats. . .I don't know how 'defensive errors' are calculated, but I would strongly argue that Clichy has definitely made more than one of them. While these should affect almost all defenders assessed, I am still not convinced.

One plausible reason for this is the type of mistakes Clichy makes - he is either caught out of position or drawn too close to the CBs, leaving a big gaping hole for an attacker to hurt us with.

That said, I would not want him to leave without an equally competent player or someone even better coming in. With all his errors he is massively experienced in the league and CL, losing that type of experience is simply not the way to go for Arsenal at the moment.

He does get a lot of flak, but I think that is mostly down to Sagna's much better performance in the same side.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 11:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
Defensively, Clichy trounces Evra, Cashley, Baines & Jose Enrique statistically, who would've thought cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
ritchboy:

Defensively, Clichy trounces Evra, Cashley, Baines & Jose Enrique statistically, who would've thought cheesy

Well Statistics is different from reality.

Clichy in relaity is one of the worst LB in Europe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Well Statistics is different from reality.

Clichy in relaity is one of the worst LB in Europe

he wasn't even the best in that statistics printed, the author just picked him. everyone loves arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:07am On Jun 15, 2011
i also do not know if all u overage mumus are aware that those players u listed left the french league 3 or more years ago?
understandably, english comprehension is not your forte which would explain why u missed the qualifier "these days".

not that i expect better though. since the demise of lyon as a force, which player has come out of there to light up the prem. unless u were under a rock u would remember how chamakh's transfer was much lauded by debosky and co here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by renewnaija(m): 8:07am On Jun 15, 2011
4llerbuntu:

i also do not know if all u overage mumus are aware that those players u listed left the french league 3 or more years ago?
understandably, english comprehension is not your forte which would explain why u missed the qualifier "these days".

not that i expect better though.  since the demise of lyon as a force, which player has come out of there to light up the prem.  unless u were under a rock u would remember how chamakh's transfer was much lauded by debosky and co here.

He is not a bad player but he doesnt look 'quality' enough for Arsenal. He has no speed, silky skill, stamina and killer finishing. Yes he has scored some goals but in the long term what does he offer? I mean would any other top 4 team buy him then? Even Wiltord was better cos he cud play as a winger. Smh. Wenger aka mr awoof wey dey run belle!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2011
4llerbuntu:

i also do not know if all u [b]overage mumus [/b]are aware that those players u listed left the french league 3 or more years ago?

not that i expect better though. since the demise of lyon as a force, which player has come out of there to light up the prem. unless u were under a rock u would remember how chamakh's transfer was much lauded by debosky and co here.

You must be the Methuselah of mumus then. tongue

Chamakh had a good first half of the season before fizzling out, something that happened to more than a few players across the entire league regardless of where they originated. To judge Ligue 1 by virtue of ONE player having a poor second half of the season in the EPL shows you should still be playing with an abacus - you are clearly lacking deductive reasoning ability despite your old age.

The Eden Hazard that many are salivating over plays in the same league you are deriding - I guess 4uller mumu methuselah knows more than the coaches of Europe. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2011
ritchboy:

He might trounce many of them in terms of 'active' defending - tackling, interceptions and so on, but in terms of positional sense and leaving huge swathes of pitch for the opposition to attack, he's clearly mid range.

I still wouldn't sell him if I was Wenger, unless I was getting Baines or Enrique that is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mystikal(m): 11:38am On Jun 15, 2011
Clichy is more of a liability these days abeg. I have always preferred full backs who know what to do with the ball upfront. Clichy seems clueless upfield, and defensively he is not fantastic either. Lack of concentration very obvious. His athleticism cant be faulted though.

I think Gervinho is perfect for that 4-3-3 formation. Never suited Chamakh and Bendtner, And I really hope we hold on to Cesc and Nasri
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^In the face of contrary statistics you are repeating that same old tired 'liability' cliche. He was the best defensively! I do agree he doesn't offer a lot upfront.

@Debo, he does have problem with positioning same as Gibbs, perhaps something with our system. Ass-Cole didn't seem to have it though.

However since it seems like common wisdom defense is our problem, why replace with Baines though fantastic upfront isn't so much at the back. Luis Enrique seems to be solid behind but doesn't do much upfront. I think however that's because guitterez doesn't most of the attack in front of him.

If pressed for it though, I'd go for Baines. Goals is the name of the game. Although whoever is in front of him has to work a lot harder to cover when he goes upfront.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2011
Them no go kill me here. . . .Gervinho does not have skill? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mukina2: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2011
lol v3 funny vid grin grin

debosky:

Funny video v3. . . .imagine if it was Eboue trying to speak Chinese. grin grin
that is something i'll love to see grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2011
Muki happen unto thee? You sha dey show urself because I no wan come for drill abi? angry grin

Wassup wiv that ish nah?!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Gervinho not impressive? Well GAYYners are blind in spirit
Its called MY personal opinion for a reason.

I wonder why no gunner seems to be worried that we will 'potentially' lose Gervinho, Chamakh, Song and Eboue (if he stays) late January till February for the next two years - a key period in the season when we should be gaining players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mystikal(m): 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
Because there is loads of football to be played before then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2011
mystikal:

Because it wont be the 1st time, and and there is loads of football to be played before then.
Well we've seen how it worked out in the past which is why I'm surprised many ain't worried.
Also, everyone knows the football played before January isn't much of a problem for Arsenal in terms of league position but the football played after January/February.
Anyways, I'l wait till the guy is signed and see what AW will eventually do with Bendtner and/or Chamakh

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.