Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,309 members, 7,853,433 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (72072 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by loyika(m): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2011
The ISSUE IS, are these the kind of signings we need

If we start the season based on these kinds of signings can anyone honestly say hands on heart that we have a hope in hell of us winning the league

The whole situation at the club stinks to the high heavens, there is a sense of complacency that cuts across all we do. No one seems to want to do anything till Arsene has a say, contracts are being allowed to run down, under achieving players are offered new deals, signing not tracked properly (all we get nowadays is this line from Arsene when a player blossoms at another club; We were actually inline to sign so and so before he went to ,  fill the blanks) The appeal for even young players is now dying a slow death.

Arsene needs to hands off the reins of signings, just identifying who he wants and let Ivan handle it.

Knowing Arsene, THE BRAZILIAN/IVORIAN MIGHT BE THE ONLY MAJOR SIGNING OF THE SUMMER (Expect to hear quotes like; Nasri and Cesc are just like new signings)

Like i said, when other clubs are arguing on established players, we are busy talking about potential, wtf!!

Something needs to change, we have a squad, where some key players wished they were somewhere else, those that go have the effrontery to say they are going because they want to win Trophies I mean the whole thing sounds like a big joke. From wanting to go because they want the team to be more competitive (Paddy V) or wanting to go to win the CL (Titi) to wanting to go just to win a trophy.

I see Arsene churned out the; This is a Young Squad line in Asia to get us all prepared for the season.

I suggest we start to put out Arsene quotes we have heard for the past 6 years that he has started to churn out already;

"This Team has Mental Strength"
" We were closer to the top than everyone thinks/gives us credit for"

"I believe Cesc will stay/He loves the cclub"
"When we see/identify a player that will add quality to the squad we will go for him"

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2011
loyika:

The ISSUE IS, are these the kind of signings we need

If we start the season based on these kinds of signings can anyone honestly say hands on heart that we have a hope in hell of us winning the league

The whole situation at the club stinks to the high heavens, there is a sense of complacency that cuts across all we do. No one seems to want to do anything till Arsene has a say, contracts are being allowed to run down, under achieving players are offered new deals, signing not tracked properly (all we get nowadays is this line from Arsene when a player blossoms at another club; We were actually inline to sign so and so before he went to , fill the blanks) The appeal for even young players is now dying a slow death.

Arsene needs to hands off the reins of signings, just identifying who he wants and let Ivan handle it.

Knowing Arsene, THE BRAZILIAN/IVORIAN MIGHT BE THE ONLY MAJOR SIGNING OF THE SUMMER (Expect to hear quotes like; Nasri and Cesc are just like new signings)

Like i said, when other clubs are arguing on established players, we are busy talking about potential, wtf!!

Something need to change, we have a squad, where some key players wished they were somewhere else, those that go have the effrontery to say they are going because they want to win Trophies I mean the whole thing sounds like a big joke. I mean from wanting to go because they want the team to be more competitive (Paddy V) or wanting to go to win the CL (Titi) to wanting to go just top win a trophy.

I see Arsene churned out the; This is a Young Squad line in Asia to get us all prepared for the season.

I suggest we start to put out Arsene quotes we have heard for the past 6 years that he has started to churn out already;

"This Team has Mental Strength"
" We were closer to the top than everyone thinks/gives us credit for"

"I believe Cesc will stay/He loves the cclub"
"When we see/identify a player that will add quality to the squad we will go for him"

cool GOONER 89

did you not see gazidis saying arsenal cannot compete with their direct rivals? that's the submission y'all need to see - and their excuse not to splash big. arsenal must wait for the big boys to shop first. . . . the remnants/scraps leftover will then be pursued aggressively by arsenal. if those scraps get over-priced, arsenal will simply pocket their money and splash it on their board of directors whilst telling the fans there's power in the youth. grin cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by loyika(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
Ok, answer me this; WHO IS IN THE MARKET FOR A DEFENDER United Chelsea Citeh Real Barca WHO

Are we also waiting for clubs like Rangers and Fenabarche to finish their biz as well

Hey i know, UEFA should allow Arsenal special dispensation to buy it's own players 1 week after the August deadline, that way we are the only bidding club. That should get us the kind of players we need. tongue

What is the point of Gervinho scoring 15 goals, when his lover Eboue will concede 15 pens at the other end to hand parity back to the opposing team

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
loyika:

Ok, answer me this; WHO IS IN THE MARKET FOR A DEFENDER United Chelsea Citeh Real Barca WHO
Are we also waiting for clubs like Rangers and Fenabarche to finish their biz as well

maybe we should start with. . . .how many defenders are available in the market? the top defenders are staying put in their old clubs and the mid-table defenders are frowned at by arsenal's own fans.

Hey i know, UEFA should allow Arsenal special dispensation to buy it's own players 1 week after the August deadline, that way we are the only bidding club. That should get us the kind of players we need. tongue

i am yet to see arsenal make any genuine bid for any defender. . . . .all the reports i have seen are media speculation. did wenger actually bid for chris samba or gary cahill?

What is the point of Gervinho scoring 15 goals, when his lover Eboue will concede 15 pens at the other end to hand parity back to the opposing team

tongue GOONER 89

i beg your pardon. eboue is a super duper defender. he has not made any huge mistake in his 5+ seasons at arsenal apart from the (non-penalty incident) against liverpool at the emirates. lucas dived as soon as he felt the contact from eboue. simply put, eboue is a perfectionist. if he tackles and the referee blows for infringement, it's the referee's fault or the player's fault. eboue is [b]always [/b]blameless. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

mumuface, you are a tool!

one woulda thunk staying in england should have gone a long way to educate and expose you. . . .but you sound like someone still living in the depths of idanre hills. so what are you going to accuse rupert murdoch of now? his goons hacked arsene wenger's voicemails to see through his signings, tactics and formations then sold to ferguson and roman abramovic? when will you stop disgracing the likes of debosky, dr.kitaun and eldee on these pages?

E gbami o, this boy is seemingly beyond redemption, have you watched the program abi is the program about Murdoch? undecided
yu sabi English pass this naa, why are you embarrasing yourself and speaking like yu dey toast omo alata like this? o ga fun e o.
Go and watch program and hear the insinuations against Old red nose first. You too dey jump like Antelope. cheech.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ Sharon

That might be, but as long as he recoups the initial investment plus a healthy profit AND invests in a capable replacement, I am not too bothered. Arsenal has always sold players to other clubs and will continue to do so.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2011
me i don't understand you folks anymore

everyone talks authoritatively, and resignedly of what and what is gonna happen and what is'nt.

and also predicts with conviction of what the season is gonna be like.

yeah, i know.  we all know, haters and lovers alike. you know tomorrow.

so why keep complaining?

this amounts to[b] NAGGING!!
[/b]

please put a sock in it. abeg.

BTW, im willing to bet if barca eventually get cesc, in 6 months they will be complaining bitterly.  if arsenal collect a less than fair sum, it will only confirm my suspicions all along. that boy's hamstrings or knees are dodgy and not really gonna hold up regularly anymore grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

i am yet to see arsenal make any genuine bid for any defender. . . . .all the reports i have seen are media speculation. did wenger actually bid for chris samba or gary cahill?

Therein lies the problem for many Arsenal fans - there doesn't seem to be any intent to do so, or it is so well hidden that no one is aware of it. With Utd and Liverpool signing players like money is going out of fashion, one can only wonder what Gazidis and co are up to.

If the defender(s) are signed, people will heave a sigh of relief - but to go ahead with the same crop will fuel more outrage. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

E gbami o, this boy is seemingly beyond redemption, have you watched the program abi is the program about Murdoch?  undecided
yu sabi English pass this naa, why are you embarrasing yourself and speaking like yu dey toast omo alata like this? o ga fun e o.
Go and watch program and hear the insinuations against Old red nose first. You too dey jump like Antelope. cheech.

what has bryan robson gotta do with man utd/old trafford/sir alex? robson last played for united when you were still in your sullied pampers. since then, he has since managed west brom, middlesboro, bradford city, sheffield united and now thailand. he last laced his boots for united like 17 yrs ago.
abeg, if you have anything substantial to say - spew it. otherwise put a sock in it.

debosky:

That might be, but as long as he recoups the initial investment plus a healthy profit AND invests in a capable replacement, I am not too bothered. Arsenal has always sold players to other clubs and will continue to do so.

but has that been the case? before any sorta team chemistry gets established, wenger dismantles the team and start all over again. it's like a man who wants to build a beautiful house but keeps demolishing it before he roofs the house. when do you really think this house would be completed?
arsenal's team of 07/08 would have walked away with the title last season had wenger kept them intact.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

what has bryan robson gotta do with man utd/old trafford/sir alex? robson last played for united when you were still in your sullied pampers. since then, he has since managed west brom, middlesboro, bradford city, sheffield united and now thailand. he last laced his boots for united like 17 yrs ago.
abeg, if you have anything substantial to say - spew it. otherwise put a sock in it.

a pity yu're still soiling yours at such an old age and wiping your potty mouth with it. tongue Was Robson the only person allegations were made against in the program? fair enough nothing has been substantiated against Fergie and I never implied they were. A pity I assumed yu wld understand that but of course one would expect the silly coogar to go beserk as usual without any in depth reasoning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

a pity yu're still soiling yours at such an old age and wiping your potty mouth with it. tongue Was Robson the only person allegations were made against in the program? fair enough nothing has been substantiated against Fergie and I never implied they were. A pity I assumed yu wld understand that but of course one would expect the silly coogar to go beserk as usual.

mumuface:

I hope this is the beginning of another controversy that will sweep many of this Manure parapo people in English football away as the hacking scandal has swept the rug under Murdoch's feet. Tongue

those were your words and yet you made a u-turn nothing has been substantiated against fergie - it's pitiful you stay in manchester and yet you still reason like a chimpanzee in the hills of idanre.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by loyika(m): 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2011
You 2 should get a room already

I believe we do more talking on the Arsenal thread than the whole Arsenal board does on transfers, i just picture this scenario

Arsene - Hello is this so and so club
Club Rep - Yes how may we help you
Arsene - well my name is Arsene
Club Rep - Oh My God as in Arsene Wenger
Arsene - yeah it's me
Club Rep - How may we help you Mr Wenger
Arsene - i want to inquire about a particular player of yours called
Club Rep - Ok
Arsene - How much is he going for if we were interested
Club Rep - well err 16 mil
Arsene - Last price please
Club Rep - well we can only go down to 14 mil and that's the final price
Arsene - Click!!
Club Rep - Hello, hello sorry Mr Wenger did you hear me? HELLO IS ANYONE THERE!!

Arsene (5 mins later at the Arsenal press conference) - Well when we find the player(s) we need we will buy.

Can't wait for the month of August (or better yet 1st of September.

cheesy GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2011
All this handwringing aint worth two-pence.

The saddest news this summer is that we are negotiating to sell Cesc. Means he has given his answer to the question AW has been asking him since. Does he want to stay or go?

Some people will now say Nasri will do the job. I laff in jabulani.

Baba ijebu sort this s#!t out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

mumuface:

I hope this is the beginning of another controversy that will sweep many of this Manure parapo people in English football away as the hacking scandal has swept the rug under Murdoch's feet.  Tongue

those were your words and yet you made a u-turn nothing has been substantiated against fergie - it's pitiful you stay in manchester and yet you still reason like a chimpanzee in the hills of idanre.

Why are yu now bathing yourself in feces like a frustrated gorilla? undecided I tire for you o coogar, will it take Debo to come and explain the difference between insinuations and substantiated fact? and the difference between hope and reality?  undecided
do you read things and think first before you respond or are you just naturally agitated to respond first and then think later? The only people who act like this in manchester are those chaps who went in hoodies to Rooney's house. You is in dire need of some refinement  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2011
Negotiations on for Cesc.

Music to my ears
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2011
slimshay:

All this handwringing aint worth two-pence.

The saddest news this summer is that we are negotiating to sell Cesc. Means he has given his answer to the question AW has been asking him since. Does he want to stay or go?
Some people will now say Nasri will do the job. I laff in jabulani.

Baba ijebu sort this s#!t out.

Cesc has wanted to go since last season, if he goes the others will just have to step up thats all and we definitely have to get everything he is worth to reinvest. I won't be happy sha, Cesc is the embodiment of everything Arsene and Arsenal have been working at this past 6 years or so.

I still don't believe its a given he will go sha, its Barcelona who have muddied the waters too much, if they fail the boy this season though I would expect him to come out and close the door to them permanently in a very strongly worded statement of commitment to Arsenal, we can't be doing this every season.

He might be the best player in our team truly but at this stage in Arsenal, we need players and particularly a captain who knows exactly where he stands.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Negotiations on for Cesc.

Music to my ears

Dayokanu nit ku bon nga  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2011
loyika:

Arsene - Hello is this so and so club
Club Rep - Yes how may we help you
Arsene - well my name is Arsene
Club Rep - Oh My God as in Arsene Wenger
Arsene - yeah it's me
Club Rep - How may we help you Mr Wenger
Arsene - i want to inquire about a particular player of yours called
Club Rep - Ok
Arsene - How much is he going for if we were interested
Club Rep - well err 16 mil
Arsene - Last price please
Club Rep - well we can only go down to 14 mil and that's the final price
Arsene - Click!!
Club Rep - Hello, hello sorry Mr Wenger did you hear me? HELLO IS ANYONE THERE!!

Arsene (5 mins later at the Arsenal press conference) - Well when we find the player(s) we need we will buy.

grin lol. I know you didn't come up with this grin .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
@loyika

grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kcjazz(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
Forbes Most Valuable Sport Teams

1.Manchester Utd

Real Madrid

7. Arsenal FC

19. Bayern Dayo Kanu

26. Barcelona

40+ Chelsea

http://blogs.forbes.com/kurtbadenhausen/2011/07/12/the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams/

On the money front we are moving in the right direction, catching up with Manchester UTD. Impressive cos of the lack of trophies and our little commercial revenue. A few trophies and we are at the top. Project will be successful, Thanks Arsene Wenger grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2011
Arsene has done well with what he's had to work with. When he came to the club, we weren't even in the top 3 in England in terms of turnover, both Newcastle and Liverpool were ahead of us and in terms of value (mostly determined by Equity, assets and the balance sheet) we were also nowhere near any of those 2. Even betweeen the last list in 2010 and now we've move up a place from 8th to 7th despite the media created impression of some sort of crisis.
When some people compare us to Manure, they are quick to forget where we are coming from, there is some sort of assumption that we've always been there at the top.

We however need to sort out this trophy thingie on the playing side, and then Arsenal can take its rightful place in the rank of elite clubs, we are already there in terms of financial stability and money but we need to show it on the playing side.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

Arsene has done well with what he's had to work with. When he came to the club, we weren't even in the top 3 in England in terms of turnover, both Newcastle and Liverpool were ahead of us and in terms of value (mostly determined by Equity, assets and the balance sheet) we were also nowhere near any of those 2. Even betweeen the last list in 2010 and now we've move up a place from 8th to 7th despite the media created impression of some sort of crisis.
When some people compare us to Manure, they are quick to forget where we are coming from, there is some sort of assumption that we've always been there at the top.

We however need to sort out this trophy thingie on the playing side, and then Arsenal can take its rightful place in the rank of elite clubs, we are already there in terms of financial stability and money but we need to show it on the playing side.

arsene has done nothing. the difference between arsenal of then and arsenal of now is the move from highbury(19,000 capacity) to the emirates(60,000 capacity) and wenger did not use his own money to build the stadium. he borrowed it from the dubai folks. the massive increase in revenue puts arsenal as the 2nd most watched team in england so it is always expected their stock would rise.

council of hammersmith won't let chelsea expand their stadium and it would be a disgrace for them to leave west london to go build elsewhere. liverpool are also stuck at anfield(they need a bigger stadium. . . .arsenal have done nothing apart from borrowing to build a stadium - the playing side is nothing to write home about since 2005 and i am yet to see a marquee player signed for almost 10 yrs now.

duduspace:

Why are yu now bathing yourself in feces like a frustrated gorilla? undecided I tire for you o coogar, will it take Debo to come and explain the difference between insinuations and substantiated fact? and the difference between hope and reality?  undecided
do you read things and think first before you respond or are you just naturally agitated to respond first and then think later? The only people who act like this in manchester are those chaps who went in hoodies to Rooney's house. You is in dire need of some refinement  tongue

mumuface, i still reiterate. . . .you are a fat tool!

anything to take swipes at man utd gives you erections. when is the predicted doom of yours going to happen! i am sure you are patiently waiting for the hacking ish to mention united have been paying referees to win in europe and in england. after making idiotic predictions last season about united going to sink with their debt and other rubbish, what else is there to spew? 12 months later, united are still strong on their feet - signing players after players even after matching their achievements of 2009(when tevez n ronaldo) were still here. keep hoping for the empire to fall. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

arsene has done nothing. the difference between arsenal of then and arsenal of now is the move from highbury(19,000 capacity) to the emirates(60,000 capacity) and wenger did not use his own money to build the stadium. he borrowed it from the dubai folks. the massive increase in revenue puts arsenal as the 2nd most watched team in england so it is always expected their stock would rise.
And that happened by chance? undecided
didn't involve planning and a restrategisation that affected the playing side of things?

coogar:

council of hammersmith won't let chelsea expand their stadium and it would be a disgrace for them to leave west london to go build elsewhere. liverpool are also stuck at anfield(they need a bigger stadium. . . .arsenal have done nothing apart from borrowing to build a stadium - the playing side is nothing to write home about since 2005 and i am yet to see a marquee player signed for almost 10 yrs now.
Stop thinking with your butt, its gross misuse of natural resources. tongue When yu borrow money, does someone just give you the money? no interests to pay back? Up till last year when we cleared a great chunk of our debt, Arsenal was paying about 40m per annum on interest alone.
If it was so easy to build stadiums in the current economic climate, why the roforofo fight between the spuds and west ham over the olympic stadium?
where are Valencia and Juve who are also building stadiums at present in their respective leagues?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

And that happened by chance? undecided
didn't involve planning and a restrategisation that affected the playing side of things?

stop talking like a pillock. . . . .it's a no brainer arsenal needed a bigger stadium. highbury was smaller than where united reserves play every tuesday and thursday. every big club in england had stadium expansion on their mind but england is so small these dreams are rarely achieved.

Stop thinking with your butt, its gross misuse of natural resources.  tongue When yu borrow money, does someone just give you the money? no interests to pay back? Up till last year when we cleared a great chunk of our debt, Arsenal was paying about 40m per annum on interest alone.

your intelligence keeps diminishing the older you grow. so borrowing and paying interest is now the ingenuity especially in england where 18 yr olds have mortgages and they know what interest rate is all about? you are a tool. what arsenal did was not discovering the cure of hiv-aids. they simply moved to a bigger stadium. the decision makers in the 90s were idiots borrowing wembley - travelling from north london everyday to the west is lethargic and the overheads(renting) was killing the club. every big club in england would have done what arsenal did. ordinary man city(before the arab invasion) moved to eastlands in 2002. . . . .west ham got their way to move to the olympic stadium after next year's olympics - i don't see how moving from highbury to the emirates translates to e=mc2

If it was so easy to build stadiums in the current economic climate, why the roforofo fight between the spuds and west ham over the olympic stadium?
where are Valencia and Juve who are also building stadiums at present in their respective leagues?

this is because london is so small a city that there's no wasteland to construct such a massive edifice. to actually credit wenger for moving to the emirates as if he used his salary to effect the move is outright lethargic in your reasoning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2011
You've descended to piffles, point made. I don't
coogar:

stop talking like a pillock. . . . .it's a no brainer arsenal needed a bigger stadium. highbury was smaller than where united reserves play every tuesday and thursday. every big club in england had stadium expansion on their mind but england is so small these dreams are rarely achieved.

I give up, its difficult explaining basic things to someone who's neurons and dendrites are in a state of permanent atrophy. If all the electricity from the nuclear stations in the US were connected together to give your brain a massive jolt, it would still remain in a stasis of self inflicted ignorance.
Even an SSS1 student understand that resources are scarce and have alternative uses, and Mama alata in the market understands that 1 better life used to buy maggi is not available to buy tatase. If that basic concept is beyond your grasp, then I give up.   tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

You've descended to piffles, point made. I don't
I give up, its difficult explaining basic things to someone who's neurons and dendrites are in a state of permanent atrophy. If all the electricity from the nuclear stations in the US were connected together to give your brain a massive jolt, it would still remain in a stasis of self inflicted ignorance.
Even an SSS1 student understand that resources are scarce and have alternative uses, and Mama alata in the market understands that 1 better life used to buy maggi is not available to buy tatase. If that basic concept is beyond your grasp, then I give up.   tongue

tools resort to ebonics when being cornered. . . . . .thankx for showing all and sundry you have the brain capacity of a pregnant slug. you have managed to write an epistle without making an iota of sense in it. tatase, maggi, nuclear stations and atrophy - all i asked you was to prove wenger used his own money to effect a move from highbury to the emirates and what did i get? gnashing of teeth from a homoerotic troglodyte. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2011
On another note, Arsenal Reserves beat a non-league side 9 - 0 today, maybe they're trying to make up for the 10 - 1 defeat they suffered last season.
JET doing well against lower level opposition as usual, when will he bring it to prime time? undecided.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2011
duduspace:

On another note, Arsenal Reserves beat a non-league side 9 - 0 today, maybe they're trying to make up for the 10 - 1 defeat they suffered last season.
JET doing well against lower level opposition as usual, when will he bring it to prime time? undecided.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
Na so the thing pain yu reach? Ol boy I don move on o, why are you acting like someone whose girlfriend just showed a red card? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 12:02am On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

Arsenal reserves with the full team is on a different level compared to other reserve/youth teams. As usual, I expect many of them to go on loan again but I hope some of them will get their chance in the early stages of the Carling Cup.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 12:03am On Jul 20, 2011
Ok Dudu was has Arsene done that is out of this world?

A team that has a 20k seater stadium moved to a 60k seater one by taking loans? What part of this is an astounding achievement?

You mentioned valencia? yes what about them? Before they built stadium they were not the best club in Spain neither were they second So what has changed?

Juventus? Even every audu on the street knows that they were affected by the calcicopoli ban and relegation where they lost almost all their players. Juvenstus before the ban was hardly filling up Delle Alpi and their average attendance was low.

They are simply moving to a new stadium because they dont want to share the Delle Alpi which is the Turins Public stadium with Torino. Same Situation with lazio and Estadio Olimpico

So what is your point?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 12:26am On Jul 20, 2011
Riddle me this DK:

1. How many other clubs have moved to new self funded stadiums in the UK in the past 10 years?
2. What happened to Ajax after they built the Amsterdam arena (in terms of selling their best players) and what is happening at Valencia as we speak? why did they have to sell David Villa and Silva? why are they likely to sell Juan Mata?
3. Were Juve the only ones to suffer from Calciopoli? wasn't AC Milan also indicted? mind you most of the players that went down also came up with them but why is AC able to attract and pay for high priced talents like Robinho and Ibrahimovic but Juve can't?
4. Why is Tottenham appealing for Government funding to build a stadium and would rather opt to become Westham Hotspurs?
5. Why are the new owners at Liverpool rethinking the redevelopment of Anfield rather than a new stadium at Stanley park if building a new stadium is as easy as you're implying it is?

My point is given above, I'll repost for clarity:
[Quote]Arsene has done well with what he's had to work with. When he came to the club, we weren't even in the top 3 in England in terms of turnover, both Newcastle and Liverpool were ahead of us and in terms of value (mostly determined by Equity, assets and the balance sheet) we were also nowhere near any of those 2. Even betweeen the last list in 2010 and now we've move up a place from 8th to 7th despite the media created impression of some sort of crisis.
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.