Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,614 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (71112 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by KayDee4: 7:45am On Jul 23, 2011
debosky:

Arsene is indeed looking hard for a defender.  cool

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-have-to-find-one-more-defender

Is this NEWS ?  Sounds like a cliche to my ears  grin

I'll save my excitement for when I see a defender unveiled with a squad number on www.arsenal.com
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dipo2much(m): 9:10am On Jul 23, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Is this NEWS ?  Sounds like a cliche to my ears  grin

I'll save my excitement for when I see a defender unveiled with a squad number on www.arsenal.com

What if the club unveils one without a squad number wink

slimshay:

Something someone said. . . . . . .

In all this turmoil and doom I have found the perfect antidote and a source of constant amusement. To be a nice guy I want to share it with my fellow gunners. wink grin

NO MATTER HOW TERRIBLE AND GLOOMY THINGS MAY LOOK NEVER FORGET THIS ONE FACT: A STRIKER WAS BOUGHT FOR £50M  shocked shocked AND HE SCORED ONLY ONE GOAL!!!!  shocked shocked

See, never fails, anytime and everytime.  grin grin grin

Jah bless you. Later some fullish playhaters will come here and say Chamakh isn't this or that. Even if chamakh scored just 1 goal last season, signing him was a far better deal than the Torres rip-off.

Just asking, how much is Fernando Torres worth right now? Maybe £7.5M smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by follypimpi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
I forsee us struggling in this upcoming new season. We all know Gibbs is injury prone, he gets injured am sure traore at some point will need to be rested.

Song, Kamoru, Gervinho will be leaving for AFC, should RVP + Walcott get injured we are in big Bottom trouble.

Should diaby be injured then whoelse will play DM, IMO frimpong is not ready just yet.

Should Fabianski + Tech9 get injured we will have to field Manone, yet we want to compete for UEFA Champions league.

Am so not looking forward to us winning anything this new season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
the half empty cup is also half full.

when u mention names like frimpong and manonne, u remind me that there is hope. all this doom mongering, we have heard before. you need to have been around at the time viera and henry were leaving and the invincibles were breaking up. we heard all sorts of talk.

mcheew. u can take this to the bank. save this post and call me out on it next year. arsenal will be ok and surpass all expectations.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2011
dipo2much:

Just asking, how much is Fernando Torres worth right now? Maybe £7.5M smiley

Amazing, they still had his worth as 11m on the fantasy website.  grin grin

4llerbuntu:

the half empty cup is also half full.

when u mention names like frimpong and manonne, u remind me that there is hope. all this doom mongering, we have heard before. you need to have been around at the time viera and henry were leaving and the invincibles were breaking up. we heard all sorts of talk.

mcheew. u can take this to the bank. save this post and call me out on it next year. arsenal will be ok and surpass all expectations.

Et tu 4ller? shocked shocked shocked grin lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
Game don start o, Gervinho benching Arshavin, live on ESPN.
Jenkinson, instead of Bac
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
Took Gerv less than 7 mins to open his acct for Arsenal. This chap could be very good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
Something wrong with this backline, they are trying to exploit Jenkinson and he's switching off atimes, but heck he is facing Podolski.
But this Gervinho boy is quick and times his runs well and he gets a second.
Hat trick on debut? I'm lovin this boy.  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2011
2nd goal by Gervinho.
I like the way he switches from left to CF, same with Theo

Song and his clumsy tackles, smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by tosinaded(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2011
links?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
tosinaded@:

links?
http://www.yycast.com/embed.php?fileid=CB1jNjZfQP1DfLY&vw=640&vh=360

I hope Eboue is still 2nd choice RB
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

2nd goal by Gervinho.
I like the way he switches from left to CF, same with Theo

i can swear you once said gervinho is a dud footballer.

what are the germans doing with a goat on the pitch? dayokanu, una dey practise voodoo in bundesliga to win matches?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by tosinaded(m): 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

http://www.yycast.com/embed.php?fileid=CB1jNjZfQP1DfLY&vw=640&vh=360

I hope Eboue is still 2nd choice RB

tnx
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mukina2: 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
Goood . . smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2011
aaron ramsey is having multiple brain-farts. . . .gave the ball away 5 times in 1 min in arsenal's penalty area

theo walcott does not understand football. 2 against 1, any ball into the box would see chamakh with an open goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

and I would bet yu had one too many yesternite, grin I posted on here that I wanted him here ahead of Hazard at a point when I was doing my season reviews.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

aaron ramsey is having multiple brain-farts. . . .gave the ball away 5 times in 1 min in arsenal's penalty area

I mentioned this last season - Ramsey has an appalling habit of losing the ball in daft ways - it cost us at least two goals at the back end of last season. Most folk overlooked it because he scored against Utd.

Safe to say we still aren't ready to deal with counter attacks - players finding ample space behind the fullbacks to get a chance at goal.

Vermaelen showing, again, how he is the only CB worth mentioning at Arsenal.

Lots of good movement from Theo, but still some work needed on the final product.

Jenkinson own goal - you couldn't invent that. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2011
duduspace:

and I would bet yu had one too many yesternite,  grin I posted on here that I wanted him here ahead of Hazard at a point when I was doing my season reviews.

are you having your periodic brain-farts again this afternoon? my post was directed to proudly9ja, i even quoted him but your pinocchio attitude has gotten better of you yet again. . . . .

own goal? jenkinson puts it in his own net? arsenal arsenal. . . .why?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
Brilliant goal by Jenkinson, ooops
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

what are the germans doing with a goat on the pitch? dayokanu, una dey practise voodoo in bundesliga to win matches?
Take it easy nah, I never said he's a dud footballer. dud is too harsh a word. I only said I wasn't impressed.
So far Ive only seen slightly above 20 minutes of him in a friendly and yes I like what I see in terms of his movement. But I'l wait till he's played a few games for us in competitive matches. Plus then, the impression was that he would be coming to replace Nasri.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mykali(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
first of all that guys name is is so funny. . . .jenkinson, happens to rhyme with jerkinson. how much did they even buy that guy?

that own goal is pure class. . .even Messi would want an autograph from the guy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2011
Yeeeeeesss! Thank God, I've been waiting for the spirit on Dixon to descend on that Jenkinson boy. Now we have confirmation grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Take it easy nah, I never said he's a dud footballer. dud is too harsh a word. I only said I wasn't impressed.
So far Ive only seen slightly above 20 minutes of him in a friendly and yes I like what I see in terms of his movement. But I'l wait till he's played a few games for us in competitive matches. Plus then, the impression was that he would be coming to replace Nasri.

i take it then as you never saw gervinho until now. . . . .he's ridiculously skilful. you haven't seen anything yet. . . .just get the ball to him quickly enough(ball to feet) and leave the rest to him. you can easily see the gulf in class between him and chamakh in the first half. gervinho is the african chicharito plus he also tracks back(he's that energetic).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

are you having your periodic brain-farts again this afternoon? my post was directed to proudly9ja, i even quoted him but your pinocchio attitude has gotten better of you yet again. . . . .

own goal? jenkinson puts it in his own net? arsenal arsenal. . . .why?

Coulda sworn there was some creative editing involved, but then I could be suffering a hangover. Sorry, nor vexx  wink
Arshavin looks like he wants to make a point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

i take it then as you never saw gervinho until now. . . . .he's ridiculously skilful. you haven't seen anything yet. . . .just get the ball to him quickly enough(ball to feet) and leave the rest to him. you can easily see the gulf in class between him and chamakh in the first half. gervinho is the african chicharito plus he also tracks back(he's that energetic).

Well, Il wait till Ive seen a few games.

I must say though that Im not comparing him with Marouane. Im not a fan of Chamakh in any way. Id rather have Bendtner ahead of Chamakh, but that's another topic for another time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
Ol boy this second half 4-4-2 is a dud jor.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2011
Just one more CB Arsene, one more

I also think Song needs competition. Not sure Frimpong is ready though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2011
slimshay:

Yeeeeeesss! Thank God, I've been waiting for the spirit on Dixon to descend on that Jenkinson boy. Now we have confirmation grin

Hope he has an even more distinguished trophy laden career.

Good to see Rosicky at last with one of those shots I thought he had forgotten.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 4:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Well, Il wait till Ive seen a few games.

I must say though that Im not comparing him with Marouane. Im not a fan of Chamakh in any way. Id rather have Bendtner ahead of Chamakh, but that's another topic for another time.

not fair on chamakh at all. . . . .he is miles better than bendtner. bendtner is a turkey, a castrated turkey if i may add.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
Full Time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
ritchboy:

Full Time

very boring second half apart from podolski trying to beat up squillaci.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

not fair on chamakh at all. . . . .he is miles better than bendtner. bendtner is a turkey, a castrated turkey if i may add.
How would you know he's a castrated turkey? emphasis mine grin grin grin

The only thing I fault Bendtner for is effort. That's one thing Chamakh has over him and that's a very massive edge I agree. Which is the only reason I'm fine with Bendtner leaving the club.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.