Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,310 members, 7,853,439 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (72073 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Myself2(m): 9:10am On Jul 20, 2011
loyika:

You 2 should get a room already

I believe we do more talking on the Arsenal thread than the whole Arsenal board does on transfers, i just picture this scenario

Arsene - Hello is this so and so club
Club Rep - Yes how may we help you
Arsene - well my name is Arsene
Club Rep - Oh My God as in Arsene Wenger
Arsene - yeah it's me
Club Rep - How may we help you Mr Wenger
Arsene - i want to inquire about a particular player of yours called
Club Rep - Ok
Arsene - How much is he going for if we were interested
Club Rep - well err 16 mil
Arsene - Last price please
Club Rep - well we can only go down to 14 mil and that's the final price
Arsene - Click!!
Club Rep - Hello, hello sorry Mr Wenger did you hear me? HELLO IS ANYONE THERE!!

Arsene (5 mins later at the Arsenal press conference) - Well when we find the player(s) we need we will buy.

Can't wait for the month of August (or better yet 1st of September.
s
cheesy GOONER 89

That ws truthfully hilariou
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2011
While Arsene can be given credit for retaining the club in the top 4 with reduced expenditure from 2005-2010, it would be foolish to give him sole credit for the stadium - he didn't build it, he didn't negotiate the bank deals that ensured we got a low interest rate on a long term loan, neither did he negotiate the commercial deals that gave us upfront cash to be able to build the stadium. That credit should go to the previous board, Edelman and Danny Fizsman in particular.

He has been shrewd with transfers no doubt, but he's not responsible for the financial side of things.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2011
debosky:

While Arsene can be given credit for retaining the club in the top 4 with reduced expenditure from 2005-2010, it would be foolish to give him sole credit for the stadium - he didn't build it, he didn't negotiate the bank deals that ensured we got a low interest rate on a long term loan, neither did he negotiate the commercial deals that gave us upfront cash to be able to build the stadium. That credit should go to the previous board, Edelman and Danny Fizsman in particular.

He has been shrewd with transfers no doubt, but he's not responsible for the financial side of things.

thank you for the words of wisdom. . . . .but without you, mumuface would give the credits of the torrential rain in lagos to arsene wenger. i am yet so see anyone so deluded. wetin concern wenger with negotiating the bank deals that funded the emirates stadium? it was purely the board's decision to move ship. granted, wenger kept arsenal in the top four throughout this lean period and the stroke of genius here was that the decision is so timely it would have been near impossible to make such now with the moneybags like man city and spurs threatening to break into the top four.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 10:34am On Jul 20, 2011
debosky:

And what on earth in this statement attributed the stadium solely to Arsene?

Arsene has done well with what he's had to work with. When he came to the club, we weren't even in the top 3 in England in terms of turnover, both Newcastle and Liverpool were ahead of us and in terms of value (mostly determined by Equity, assets and the balance sheet) we were also nowhere near any of those 2. Even betweeen the last list in 2010 and now we've move up a place from 8th to 7th despite the media created impression of some sort of crisis.
When some people compare us to Manure, they are quick to forget where we are coming from, there is some sort of assumption that we've always been there at the top.

How is it my fault if Sharon can read and comprehend simple english but chooses to act like a real life Mr. Bean?  undecided
if there is anything factually wrong in that statement let him point it out or hold his peace and stop obsfucating issues.
If he is looking for someone to fight, I wonder why he isn't on the WWE roster. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

And what on earth in this statement attributed the stadium solely to Arsene?

How is it my fault if Sharon can read and comprehend simple english but chooses to act like a real life Mr. Bean?  undecided
if there is anything factually wrong in that statement let him point it out or hold his peace and stop obsfucating issues.
If he is looking for someone to fight, I wonder why he isn't on the WWE roster. grin grin grin

mumuface, stop constituting a nuisance. . . . . .you said arsene has done well and i am saying arsene hasn't done anything. arsenal should be where they are considering their wage bill. it will be idiotic to think aston villa, wigan. west ham or stoke city will finish above arsenal just because they moved from highbury to the emirates.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2011
MCHEEW at the above discussion. embarassed tongue tongue tongue tongue

this is what someone online had to say about our kyle bartley

CB: Kyle Bartley - Arsenal
A ball-playing centre-half, at first one wouldn't imagine Bartley was exactly the man for a scrap. However, he showed plenty of gumption in one of the 342 Old Firm games last season when, playing in midfield on loan for Rangers, he unleashed a good old-fashioned reducer on Celtic captain and confirmed hard case Scott Brown. Bartley himself wants to return to Arsenal and challenge for a first-team spot, but with Johan Djourou, Sebastian Squillaci, Lorent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen ahead of him - plus whichever new defender Arsene Wenger signs - chances will be hard to come by. A Premier League club, or at a push a good Championship side, could be an option.

now i didnt watch him much, i saw 3 of last season's old firm games and rangers v motherwell, so i can't say id vouch for the chaps quality, but surely he must be better than squilacci?

hmmn, wenger . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

mumuface, stop constituting a nuisance. . . . . .you said arsene has done well and i am saying arsene hasn't done anything. arsenal should be where they are considering their wage bill. it will be idiotic to think aston villa, wigan. west ham or stoke city will finish above arsenal just because they moved from highbury to the emirates.

Here we go again? Must yu talk just because you have to talk?  undecided
before, it was about Arsene solely building a stadium, now its about whether he has done well or not.
can you please sort out what yu're arguing about in your thick head first?  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2011
@ Dudu

Your comment implies that Arsene is the one that deserves credit because fails to mention all the other people who were arguably more instrumental to making the move than Wenger. It's disingenuous to link Wenger to increased turnover when the main cause of this change - building a stadium, was neither initiated nor executed by Wenger. He assisted the project by keeping us competitive, but he's not responsible for the increased turnover.

@ 4uller

Be careful what you wish for. . . .I think Bartley is one for the future, but the way people talk about Squillaci you'd think he's the worst defender in the EPL. He's not delivered as expected but is clearly better than someone who has barely played one season in the top flight, and not consistently at CB for that matter.

If we had to lose one CB I'd choose Squillaci because he has the least amount of improvement to gain, but that said, I'd never advocate removing someone of his experience for a wet behind the ears teenager - we have more than enough of those.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

Here we go again? Must yu talk just because you have to talk?  undecided
before, it was about Arsene solely building a stadium, now its about whether he has done well or not.
can you please sort out what yu're arguing about in your thick head first?  undecided

listen to debosky. . . . . .we now know you are a wenger lover. wenger is responsible for all that is good in your world. wenger pays your rent, pays your wages and even pampers your wife for you. grin cheesy it's wenger-wenger-wenger!

debosky:

@ Dudu

Your comment implies that Arsene is the one that deserves credit because fails to mention all the other people who were arguably more instrumental to making the move than Wenger. It's disingenuous to link Wenger to increased turnover when the main cause of this change - building a stadium, was neither initiated nor executed by Wenger. He assisted the project by keeping us competitive, but he's not responsible for the increased turnover.

and he managed to do that with a huge slice of luck on his side. . . . .city and spurs were still minnows back then. it's not something any of the top four clubs can afford now because the underdogs are now aspiring to be top dogs.

anyways, i have wummed dudu enough now. . . . . .off to watch prime minister questions. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
debosky:

@ Dudu

Why do I have to mention the others?  undecided am I writing an essay or what and who exactly set the terms of reference?  undecided
How exactly does that statement take anything from the others that are not mentioned?  undecided
are those people the ones who have to manage the shortfall in funds for the playing staff that occured as a result of those decisions?  undecided
are they the ones being judged now on those decisions?

and you still avoid the question, is there anything factually wrong in the statement I made? if not then leave Sharon in his folly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
^^

Factually yes there is - your article implies Arsenal have moved from not being anywhere when Arsene joined to where we are now. You make a direct linkage between Arsene joining and where we are now.

In simple terms you are giving him the credit for where things have ended up, which is factually wrong.

No one says you need to write an essay - Wenger is responsible for the playing side of things, and is not responsible for increasing our turnover.

If you're saying Wenger is working with reduced funds and doing an ok job, that is fine - don't attribute our increased turnover to him - Wenger did not increase our TV revenue from the EPL neither did he build the stadium.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
debosky:

^^

Factually yes there is - your article implies Arsenal have moved from not being anywhere when Arsene joined to where we are now. You make a direct linkage between Arsene joining and where we are now.

In simple terms you are giving him the credit for where things have ended up, which is factually wrong.

No one says you need to write an essay - Wenger is responsible for the playing side of things, and is not responsible for increasing our turnover.

If you're saying Wenger is working with reduced funds and doing an ok job, that is fine - don't attribute our increased turnover to him - Wenger did not increase our TV revenue from the EPL neither did he build the stadium.

mumuface, can you read the emboldened? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
debosky:

^^

grin grin grin grin grin
don't have time to crack my head today, let those who read my statements judge for themselves.
But if I heard you correctly, what yu're saying is that if a VC runs into problems with Lecturers unrests because he couldn't increase lecturers wages while the university was embarking on some capital expenditure which would increase IGR for the university.
That VC deserves no credit at all for the increase in IGR because he answers to a Council who took the CAPEX decision?  grin grin grin
Debo, honestly I find this very funny.
And this same set of people will turn around and blame the same Arsene for Transfers, increase in players wages e.t.c
why do you people dance around like confused masquerades?  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

grin grin grin grin grin
don't have time to crack my head today, let those who read my statements judge for themselves.
But if I heard you correctly, what yu're saying is that if a VC runs into problems with Lecturers unrests because he couldn't increase lecturers wages while the university was embarking on some capital expenditure which would increase IGR for the university.
That VC deserves no credit at all because he answers to a Council? grin grin grin
Debo, honestly I find this very funny.
And this same set of people will turn around and blame the same Arsene for Transfers, increase in players wages e.t.c
why do you people dance around like confused masquerades? undecided

this boy is an illiterate. . . . .wrong analogy! the vice chancellor does not control the wages of the lecturers. they(both the vc and the lecturers) are all paid by the federal ministry. so yes. . . .the vc deserves no credit. grin grin grin grin
mumuface, look for good examples. failure to do so and everything dayokanu has called you on this forum is the gospel truth! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kcjazz(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
So AW can be called a perv, underachiever, stingy, financial manager but he does not get credit for the stadium/club success? Maybe Amodu Shuaibu could have achieved the same thing but then it wasn't him. Give AW a break.

In an era where Portsmouth FC got relegated because of Harry Rednapps over bloated player value and salary spending. Fact is every coach has ambition and not all fits into a business plan. Think Aston Villa and Martin O'neil? Interesting that Debo said Wenger is responsible for the playing side of things but not turnover. shocked shocked haha that is funny, Arsenal tickets are at a premium, close to 100% on match days and for a club that has not won trophies do you think folks pay for better beer? Or do you think that Arsenal can charge the same amount if they play Sam Alaydyce football?

You can't write the history of the Emirates without AW, hate him or love him. He has done the hard work, which is to work with kids. Give the fella his dues, he didn't build the stadium but he is big part of the picture. ***CLUE**This is why the board can't fire him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
kcjazz:

So AW can be called a perv, underachiever, stingy, financial manager but he does not get credit for the stadium/club success? Maybe Amodu Shuaibu could have achieved the same thing but then it wasn't him. Give AW a break.

did he build the new stadium with his own money?

In an era where Portsmouth FC got relegated because of Harry Rednapps over bloated player value and salary spending. Fact is every coach has ambition and not all fits into a business plan.

pompey went down because they couldn't match the wages they pay their players with their revenue from the gate-takings. it's a bit rich comparing a team in london to a team in a village in the south coast. it's the equivalent of comparing a club in lagos to another in zamfara.

Think Aston Villa and Martin O'neil? Interesting that Debo said Wenger is responsible for the playing side of things but not turnover. shocked shocked haha that is funny, Arsenal tickets are at a premium, close to 100% on match days and for a club that has not won trophies do you think folks pay for better beer? Or do you think that Arsenal can charge the same amount if they play Sam Alaydyce football?

that's the essence of staying in the capital. west ham play shit football and they still fill up their terraces. fans don't go to the emirates because of the football they play. fans go to the emirates to watch football. . . . . .just like the way fans watch qpr/millwall/spurs/charlton/westham. these are london clubs and they will pull fans whether they relegate or not.

You can't write the history of the Emirates without AW, hate him or love him. He has done the hard work, which is to work with kids. Give the fella his dues, he didn't build the stadium but he is big part of the picture. ***CLUE**This is why the board can't fire him.

charlton fc couldn't fire alan curbishley. lemme guess. . . . .it's because he built them a stadium like wenger, isn't it? grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kcjazz(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

did he build the new stadium with his own money?

[b]pompey went down because they couldn't match the wages they pay their players with their revenue from the gate-takings[/b]. it's a bit rich comparing a team in london to a team in a village in the south coast. it's the equivalent of comparing a club in lagos to another in zamfara.

Oh really and Harry Rednapp couldn't be like David Moyes Everton FC which is a good club but in a small environment and unattractive to investors?
They can't even buy players now and you don't see Moyes looking for Utaka type players for 80k a week.

coogar:

that's the essence of staying in the capital. west ham play poo football and they still fill up their terraces. fans don't go to the emirates because of the football they play. fans go to the emirates to watch football. . . . . .just like the way fans watch qpr/millwall/spurs/charlton/westham. these are london clubs and they will pull fans whether they relegate or not.

So why isn't Chelsea or even Fulham charging premiums even if they have smaller spaces and London fans will surely come. Oh I get it, the owners are philantropists that would prefer to spend money grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:41pm On Jul 20, 2011
kcjazz:

Oh really and Harry Rednapp couldn't be like David Moyes Everton FC which is a good club but in a small environment and unattractive to investors?
They can't even buy players now and you don't see Moyes looking for Utaka type players for 80k a week.

and what has everton won since moyes took charge at goodison? nil. as a manager, you have to decide whether you really want to gun for titles or just be contented with staying in the premier league. redknapp chose the former. they were deceived by some idiotic owners that the money was there and all pompey wanted was a trophy. harry went for the jugular - he signed muntari, utaka, kanu, krancjar and milan baros on loan. . . .he simply delivered what the owners wanted at the time. it's not his fault pompey owners couldn't match their talk with money.

So why isn't Chelsea or even Fulham charging premiums even if they have smaller spaces and London fans will surely come. Oh I get it, the owners are philantropists that would prefer to spend money grin grin

fulham and chelsea charge more at the gates than man utd, man city and liverpool. london clubs charge more. the emirates is new(just like the new wembley) and will always charge premium rates so that the owners can break-even.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

this boy is an illiterate. . . . .wrong analogy! the vice chancellor does not control the wages of the lecturers. they(both the vc and the lecturers) are all paid by the federal ministry. so yes. . . .the vc deserves no credit. grin grin grin grin
mumuface, look for good examples. failure to do so and everything dayokanu has called you on this forum is the gospel truth! grin grin grin

O ma se o, so wages in your understanding only includes salaries which are centrally controlled by the ministry? no allowances which are within the remit of a University council/VC to approve?  undecided
Kai, did you learn anything at all while in school or were you too busy fighting everyone including yourself?  undecided
In your clueless logic, you fail to realise that not all Universities are even under federal control, state Uni is under Federal Ministry?  grin grin grin go and tell boiz from OSU that one if dem nor go give you better slap.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

O ma se o, so wages in your understanding only includes salaries which are centrally controlled by the ministry? no allowances which are within the remit of a University council/VC to approve?  undecided
Kai, did you learn anything at all while in school?  undecided

look at this obtuse fella. which allowances are we talking about? the vc has nothing to do with any allowances. they are all controlled centrally by the ministry, you doofus. the vice-chancellor is an appointed position. it does not mean he's the sharpest tool in the drawer so he has no autonomy to decide who gets what. . . . .bush man.

In your clueless logic, you fail to realise that not all Universities are even under federal control, state Uni is under Federal Ministry?  grin grin grin go and tell boiz from OSU that one if dem nor go give you better slap.

if it's a state uni, then the state controls the funds. i only cited an example of a federal uni. don't distract me from the main issue here, you illiterate.
fact still remains vice chancellors have nothing to do with wages. federal ministry controls what happens in the federal unis, state ministry controls what happens in the state unis. in one big swoop, i have been able to identify you as a fuckwit. you are 30+ and you have the same brain-box as a 2 month old snail. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

look at this obtuse fella. which allowances are we talking about? the vc has nothing to do with any allowances. they are all controlled centrally by the ministry, you doofus. the vice-chancellor is an appointed position. it does not mean he's the sharpest tool in the drawer so he has no autonomy to decide who gets what. . . . .bush man.
Coolu temper ogbeni and read first before you start spouting nonsense, you go burst vessel o. where the hell did I say Vice chancellor has autonomy to decide who gets what?  undecided
did you read this at all?

[Quote]That VC deserves no credit at all for the increase in IGR  because he answers to a Council who took the CAPEX decision? [/quote]

I continue to tell you and hope yu'll listen, understand what yu're responding to first of all and then maybe you'll make some sense.

coogar:

if it's a state uni, then the state controls the funds. i only cited an example of a federal uni. don't distract me from the main issue here, you illiterate.
fact still remains vice chancellors have nothing to do with wages. federal ministry controls what happens in the federal unis, state ministry controls what happens in the state unis. in one big swoop, i have been able to identify you as a fuckwit. you are 30+ and you have the same brain-box as a 2 month old snail. grin grin

I know very well that you know what yu're talking about omotoyiogbon, I was only paying you back in your own coin. The master at obsfucating issues is you. Who was the chap who said that you would argue that 6 + 6 cannot be equal to 12 because your brain is actually that of an 11 year old again? can't remember now but point made.
Look ogbeni, I tire of this back and forth, you don't have to respond to my post okay? the post was a response to Debosky who has since kept his own counsel.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

Coolu temper ogbeni and read first before you start spouting nonsense, you go burst vessel o. where the hell did I say Vice chancellor has autonomy to decide who gets what?  undecided
did you read this at all?

go back to your analogy and see your gaffes.

I continue to tell you and hope yu'll listen, understand what yu're responding to first of all and then maybe you'll make some sense.

this is what i am attacking:
mumuface:
what yu're saying is that if a VC runs into problems with Lecturers unrests because he couldn't increase lecturers wages while the university was embarking on some capital expenditure which would increase IGR for the university.

I know very well that you know what yu're talking about omotoyiogbon, I was only paying you back in your own coin. The master at obsfucating issues is you. Who was the chap who said that you would argue that 6 + 6 cannot be equal to 12 because your brain is actually that of an 11 year old again? can't remember now but point made.
Look ogbeni, I tire of this back and forth, you don't have to respond to my post okay?

if you are tired of back and forth, then stop posting dumb comments in the community of intellectuals. debosky has said you are wrong, admit you are wrong and move on. i don't see how the analogy of the vice chancellor and his lecturers sync with arsene wenger and arsenal. the analogy is dumb and a vice-chancellor cannot increase the wages of his lecturers. be smart, don't be a lunkhead. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

go back to your analogy and see your gaffes.
this is what i am attacking:
So you think it fair to pick a single line from an entire paragraph with another line at the bottom further clarifying what I mean but don't expect me to point out an obvious gaffe like implying that the Federal ministry pays all lecturers in the country?  undecided
Can it be possible that I exaggerate your intelligence?  tongue

coogar:

if you are tired of back and forth, then stop posting dumb comments in the community of intellectuals. debosky has said you are wrong, admit you are wrong and move on. i don't see how the analogy of the vice chancellor and his lecturers sync with arsene wenger and arsenal. the analogy is dumb and a vice-chancellor cannot increase the wages of his lecturers. be smart, don't be a lunkhead. grin
Well some analogies requiring critical thinking are lost on some but immediately apparent to others, its one of the reason why IQ scales exist. It is possible to become very silly in trying to look too smart. Think on my words and pause a while before you respond to posts, it makes you look imbecilic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kcjazz(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

and what has everton won since moyes took charge at goodison? nil. as a manager, you have to decide whether you really want to gun for titles or just be contented with staying in the premier league. redknapp chose the former. they were deceived by some idiotic owners that the money was there and all pompey wanted was a trophy. harry went for the jugular - he signed muntari, utaka, kanu, krancjar and milan baros on loan. . . .he simply delivered what the owners wanted at the time. it's not his fault pompey owners couldn't match their talk with money.

Everton has not won anything. But they are still in the league. Pompey won't be for a long time. David Moyes is a miracle worker at Everton, underated and that is why the board can't fire him cos he is overachieving per his resources.

coogar:

fulham and chelsea charge more at the gates than man utd, man city and liverpool. london clubs charge more. the emirates is new(just like the new wembley) and will always charge premium rates so that the owners can break-even.

Per stadium attendance percentages Liverpool, Fulham and Chelsea are no where near Arsenal with a bigger ground. Is that because the beer is better at the Emirates or the buses run quite often? Or the London population is highest near the Emirates?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

Riddle me this DK:

1. How many other clubs have moved to new self funded stadiums in the UK in the past 10 years?

Do clubs just move to new stadiums for the fun of it? Wouldnt there be a compelling need for one? There must be a business need for a club to do so. Building a new stadium involves a lot of legal, financial and ecological considerations and this is not just putting 2 stones on a sandy pitch "monkey post" style.  grin
OK How many clubs in Spain have moved to a new stadium in the last 10yrs, Same for Italy.

2. What happened to Ajax after they built the Amsterdam arena (in terms of selling their best players) and what is happening at Valencia as we speak? why did they have to sell David Villa and Silva? why are they likely to sell Juan Mata?

Ajax has always been a selling club who derive pleasure from Building up players and selling them. Johan Cryuff, Marco Van basten, Dennis Bergkamp, The laudrup brothers etc were all sold way before they started any stadium project. Didnt Valencia sell Mendieta, Claudio Lopez, earlier in the decade? was that also due to Stadium being built?

3. Were Juve the only ones to suffer from Calciopoli? wasn't AC Milan also indicted? mind you most of the players that went down also came up with them but why is AC able to attract and pay for high priced talents like Robinho and Ibrahimovic but Juve can't?

This is soo senseless. Was AC Milan relegated? AC Milan was able to retain their players because they were in top division and played CL football. Juve had to play Serie B and their main players like Thuram, Canavaro, Zambrotta, Emerson, Viera, Ibrahimovic jumped ship. Thats like 6 starters

Let them relegate Man Utd and Rooney, Rio, Vidic Nani, Evra all jump ship at once and lets see how soon they would come back

4. Why is Tottenham appealing for Government funding to build a stadium and would rather opt to become Westham Hotspurs?

5. Why are the new owners at Liverpool rethinking the redevelopment of Anfield rather than a new stadium at Stanley park if building a new stadium is as easy as you're implying it is?

See point one. If there are other means to avoid the wahala of building a new stadium, tell me which club wont jump at it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 6:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
kcjazz:

Everton has not won anything. But they are still in the league. Pompey won't be for a long time. David Moyes is a miracle worker at Everton, underated and that is why the board can't fire him cos he is overachieving per his resources.

he's taken everton exactly where everton should be. besides, they don't have idiotic owners like the portsmouth saga where they were changing owners like every week with each one making ridiculous demands or promises. compare like for like. david moyes has been with everton since 2002 circa and he has won nil. he's a failure as far as i am concerned.

Per stadium attendance percentages Liverpool, Fulham and Chelsea are no where near Arsenal with a bigger ground. Is that because the beer is better at the Emirates or the buses run quite often? Or the London population is highest near the Emirates?

that may be because there are more arsenal fans willing to spend more money to watch fooball than the fans of chelsea, fulham and liverpool. this same arsenal used to rent wembley to play even before the move to the emirates was hatched.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
duduspace:

So you think it fair to pick a single line from an entire paragraph with another line at the bottom further clarifying what I mean but don't expect me to point out an obvious gaffe like implying that the Federal ministry pays all lecturers in the country?  undecided

if that single line is wrong - i will pick it.

Can it be possible that I exaggerate your intelligence?  tongue

you have underestimated my intelligence will be more apt. . . . . .i have been able to punch holes in every comment you have made today. it's just a bad day for you today. if i were you, i would go back to bed. . . .wake up again and post without beclouded senses.

Well some analogies requiring critical thinking are lost on some but immediately apparent to others, its one of the reason why IQ scales exist. It is possible to become very silly in trying to look too smart. Think on my words and pause a while before you respond to posts, it makes you look imbecilic.

the board - arsene wenger - players
federal ministry - university council - vice chancellor - lecturers.

how you can make analogies with the 2 groups beggars belief. you are a dolt!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Do clubs just move to new stadiums for the fun of it? Wouldnt there be a compelling need for one? There must be a business need for a club to do so. Building a new stadium involves a lot of legal, financial and ecological considerations and this is not just putting 2 stones on a sandy pitch "monkey post" style.  grin
OK How many clubs in Spain have moved to a new stadium in the last 10yrs, Same for Italy.
The question was about the UK and it is public knowledge that West Ham, Liverpool and Tottenham want to move, why is it that the only one that is likely to see the light of day is West Ham who will take over a stadium built for the olympics? Arsenal made the business case for their move and the board fully understood the implications which is why they are backing Arsene.

dayokanu:

Ajax has always been a selling club who derive pleasure from Building up players and selling them. Johan Cryuff, Marco Van basten, Dennis Bergkamp, The laudrup brothers etc were all sold way before they started any stadium project. Didnt Valencia sell Mendieta, Claudio Lopez, earlier in the decade? was that also due to Stadium being built?
Wrong, all clubs sell players. Didn't Manure sell Christiano Ronaldo? does that make them a "selling" club? didnt AC Milan sell Kaka? which is why I've always questioned the tag "selling" club as it needs a thorough definition anytime its used. In my opinion what can be generalized as selling clubs are clubs who "due to financial pressure" are forced to sell the cream of their talent, at the time when the likes of Cruyff and Van Basten were sold, they were sold for mega fees (in that era) and there was still enough talent left to guarantee a certain level of success including the Champions cup win. All that changed for Ajax in Europe (and even in the less competitive dutch league without benefactor funded clubs) when they built the Amsterdam arena.

dayokanu:

This is soo senseless. Was AC Milan relegated? AC Milan was able to retain their players because they were in top division and played CL football. Juve had to play Serie B and their main players like Thuram, Canavaro, Zambrotta, Emerson, Viera, Ibrahimovic jumped ship. Thats like 6 starters
See point one. If there are other means to avoid the wahala of building a new stadium, tell me which club wont jump at it?

Fair point, I agree with you that AC Milan was less affected by calciopoli than Juve was, only difference being that one was relegated and the other not, but are you saying that the players they lost in that 1 year is what they have been unable to replace? You do realize that they were only out of the Serie A for 1 season, achieved 3rd place immediately on their return and have  been back uninterrupted for 4 seasons now? undecided
is that 1 season really the difference between Juve and AC Milan as things stand now, one a champion and the other fully in the ranks of what yu'd call mid-table clubs? knowing fully well that Juve also has an history colourful enough to attract players as much as AC Milan have.

Anyway we can agree to disagree on that, but an interesting thing that strikes me is how lopsided your analysis is, pardon me but I'll digress a bit. You are very willing to understand that Juve's performance is hampered by the starter's they lost, please how many starters have Arsenal lost over this past 6 trophyless years? (Henry, Flamini, Hleb, Gilberto, Vieira, Toure, Adebayor, Pires) now the arguments over the hows and whys of their leaving can be for another time and place but I ask, why are you so unwilling to give the same excuses you are now giving for Juventus to the Arsenal of the past 6 years under Arsene?  undecided

I don't want to demystify your Arsenal bashing credentials o, far from it but abeg, lets remember to say the truth every now and then. It is good for the soul.  grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
Did the players who left Arsenal all leave at the same time?

Juve lost 6 starters at once. Let Arsenal lose Sagna, Clichy, Cesc, Nasri, Van Persie, Song while they are relegated and lets see how many season it would take them to come back. Mind you Juve still qualified for the CL but most of the ground they lost to Inter and AC.

Everyone knows Juves fall has to do with calcicopoli which took them back. If Luciano Moggi was still in charge of Juve would Inter have smelt a single title?

Wenger Sold them willingly unlike in Juves case where they were relegated Henry, Flamini, Hleb, Gilberto, Vieira, Toure, Adebayor, Pires. He brought in Nasri, Arshavin, Chamakh, Denilson, Rosicky,, Squilacci, Kolscieny etc
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
a bit off-topic. . . . .

whoever finds krayola. . . . .tell him i am looking for him. i just realized i know this plonker way-back.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2011
coogar:

a bit off-topic. . . . .

whoever finds krayola. . . . .tell him i am looking for him. i just realized i know this plonker way-back.

Just how well did you know him? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by codedguy1(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Did the players who left Arsenal all leave at the same time?

Juve lost 6 starters at once. Let Arsenal lose Sagna, Clichy, Cesc, Nasri, Van Persie, Song while they are relegated and lets see how many season it would take them to come back. Mind you Juve still qualified for the CL but most of the ground they lost to Inter and AC.

Everyone knows Juves fall has to do with calcicopoli which took them back. If Luciano Moggi was still in charge of Juve would Inter have smelt a single title?

Wenger Sold them willingly unlike in Juves case where they were relegated Henry, Flamini, Hleb, Gilberto, Vieira, Toure, Adebayor, Pires. He brought in Nasri, Arshavin, Chamakh, Denilson, Rosicky,, Squilacci, Kolscieny etc

DEATH. . . . . . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.