Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,431 members, 7,853,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (72079 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
Definitely there is no bigger moomoo than this Balotelli grin. . . . .are u kidding me? like the commentator said.

Miyachi is in Brazil, he's meeting with Sylvinho, no cause for alarm. For those who know of those matters. wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Ibime(m): 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Jay Simpson was a BIG loss from the group. Cant understand why Wenger sold him. I wld pick him ahead of Bendtner anytime anyday.

Jay Simpson ko, Homer Simpson ni! He should try and score 15 goals in the Championship first.

Looks like JET may be moving to Ipswich. What would Dr Kit do? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2011
is it true wenger is selling eboue £4million to a turkish club? angry angry angry angry
if arsenal sell eboue, i will stop supporting arsenal. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
@debosky

these boys are young and not getting good advice from family. Mikel did settle at Chelzea and not everything in the press is true. I still think our chances with that deal is high. Its not dead only sleepin. :-D
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
JET finally moves

Arsenal Football Club has agreed terms for forward Jay Emmanuel-Thomas to move to Championship side Ipswich Town on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old former FA Youth Cup-winning captain had been with the Gunners since the age of eight, making one start and four substitute appearances for the first team.

London-born Jay got a taste of first-team football with loan spells at Blackpool, Doncaster Rovers and Cardiff City, where he scored two goals in 16 appearances as the Bluebirds narrowly missed out on reaching the Championship play-off final last season.

Everyone at Arsenal thanks Jay for his contribution to the Club and wishes him every success in his future career.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emmanuel-thomas-completes-ipswich-move
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^

Proves what I've said 1 million times over - JET may have potential, but he isn't half the player most folk here believed he was. If he was that good, someone in the EPL would have taken him on.

Dr Kit can go jump off the Third Mainland if he doesn't like it. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
Haa, gbege haff set. Baba Ijebu done gone and did it!! Ladbrokes has Doctor to blow a gasket at 4/1. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
duduspace:
There is still a player that Capello is yet to call up and that is Jack Rodwell of Everton, that chap is ready to step up for England big time. I also think JET should make it into the U21s sometime during this season, some of my friends are already tipping him to ultimately push B52 out of the Arsenal squad. I think he can be better than Roy Andy Carroll, Delfouneso and Welbeck, he is obviously already better than Theo as a striker IMO.

i am tired of duduspace on this forum. . . . grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
debosky:

^^

Proves what I've said 1 million times over - JET may have potential, but he isn't half the player most folk here believed he was. If he was that good, someone in the EPL would have taken him on.

Dr Kit can go jump off the Third Mainland if he doesn't like it. grin grin
Honestly, JET is good. Not yet at the level of playing week in week out for Arsenal but good enough to sit on the bench. His problem is his attitude. This may also account for why he has moved to a championship side rather than a premiership club. Its almost the same case with Bendtner. In spite of all his goals for Arsenal, why are the clubs not rushing to sign him up?

If JET should sort out his attitude problem, Im quite sure he'l make it to the EPL soon enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
I'm worried about all the sales going on simply because we probably won't see the money spent in getting quality into the first team.

Ive heard Lansbury may also be on his way. Same with Eboue and we all know Bendtner and Almunia will soon leave too. I presume one of the other goalkeepers too will leave,, maybe Vito
What will we do with all the money!??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Quote from: duduspace
There is still a player that Capello is yet to call up and that is Jack Rodwell of Everton, that chap is ready to step up for England big time. I also think JET should make it into the U21s sometime during this season, some of my friends are already tipping him to ultimately push B52 out of the Arsenal squad. I think he can be better than Andy Carroll, Delfouneso and Welbeck, he is obviously already better than Theo as a striker IMO.

Again??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Ibime(m): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hehehehe. Mumuface with his foot-in-mouth disease again. JET may be good but the ninja is almost as unstable as Balotelli. I heard the first thing he did when he signed contract with Arsenal was buy a Bentley, meanwhile Fab4 bought a Ford Fiesta as his first car.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
JET is one of the VERY few supremely skilled English footballers around, what i like most about him is he has the physique to boot.

Unfortunately he's a bit of a nutcase, so adios.

My favorite JET goal:

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZixaQA5CGw[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by hannie: 2:57am On Jul 27, 2011
for all the peeps expecting me to burst a gasket abi na casket grin sorry to disappoint you all . . .

JET out, GERVINHO in . . .

like for like if you ask me!

My grouse however is in Wenger's man management skills . . .I hate it when I bunkum like '' so so and so has got attitudinal problems'' . . . .rubbish!!!

why is he a manager when he cant manage players with fat egos? I wonder why we keep making silly excuses for Wenger when we have seen how Fergie has managed much more problematic players in the same freaking league!!!

with Gervinho I stand!!! grin in case you all dont know I have been making a case since almost 2 years for Gervinho to come over wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Roland17(m): 5:29am On Jul 27, 2011
I wish JET had a Buy Back Clause in his contract.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by eldee(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2011
hannie:

for all the peeps expecting me to burst a gasket abi na casket  grin sorry to disappoint you all . . .

JET out, GERVINHO in . . .

like for like if you ask me!

My grouse however is in Wenger's man management skills . . .I hate it when I bunkum like '' so so and so has got attitudinal problems'' . . . .rubbish!!!

why is he a manager when he cant manage players with fat egos? I wonder why we keep making silly excuses for Wenger when we have seen how Fergie has managed much more problematic players in the same freaking league!!!

with Gervinho I stand!!!  grin in case you all dont know I have been making a case since almost 2 years for Gervinho to come over  wink

Fergie sells them out too.
Doctor Hindsight. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2011
proudly9ja:

Honestly, JET is good. Not yet at the level of playing week in week out for Arsenal but good enough to sit on the bench. His problem is his attitude. This may also account for why he has moved to a championship side rather than a premiership club.

If he was that good someone else would've snapped him up - boys under the bridge have talent but that doesn't mean they will be good EPL players.

Its almost the same case with Bendtner. In spite of all his goals for Arsenal, why are the clubs not rushing to sign him up?

Bendtner is an established international - there is absolutely no comparison with JET. Bendtner's deal is taking a while to go through likely because of Arsenal's transfer fee demands and Bendtner's selectivity on where he goes.

proudly9ja:

I'm worried about all the sales going on simply because we probably won't see the money spent in getting quality into the first team.

Ive heard Lansbury may also be on his way. Same with Eboue and we all know Bendtner and Almunia will soon leave too. I presume one of the other goalkeepers too will leave,, maybe Vito
What will we do with all the money!??

How much is this money? £7m on Clichy, £1m on JET. . . .that doesn't even cover the price of buying Gervinho and Jenkinson. Besides, when people like you are asking why we can't pay Nasri what he wants, what do you think will happen when player deals come up for renewal next year? Bigger wages and salary demands.

Even if we don't see the money spent on the first team, getting rid of deadwood from the club is always a good thing.

That said, I am confident we will sign at least one more player this season - it may not be the defender people want, but someone will sign.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by hannie: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2011
@Eldee

Fergie sells them out too?

are u freaking kidding me?

has he sold Rooney yet?

was he not able to manage Becks' fat ego, especially with the hair dryer treatment that some of still wish till date AW mete out to instill discipline, tenacity of purpose and focus in our players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2011
hannie:

@Eldee

has he sold Rooney yet?

was he not able to manage Becks' fat ego, especially with the hair dryer treatment that some of still wish till date AW mete out to instill discipline, tenacity of purpose and focus in our players

Sharrap Kit - one minute y'all blame Wenger for tolerating too much nonsense from players in the name of youth, the next you blame his man management?

We have a big enough academy - players who can't get their act together, especially at 21 should be shipped out sharply. Wilshere and Gibbs are his mates and they have the right attitude. No room for time wasters.

You need to stop drinking shekpe at 3am and making rubbish comparisons. Rooney has aggression and plays football with passion. He is not lazy and lackadaisical like JET. Becks had an ego alright, but he is still one of the most professional footballers on the planet - you can NEVER fault his dedication, his training and focus.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. At his age I heard Cesc was driving Ford Fiesta while JET went to buy Mercedes (which he crashed). That boy is the definition of money miss road.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by hannie: 10:26am On Jul 27, 2011
@Debosky

u talk too much gibberish . . .

Wenger's man management skills is wack and u know it . .

.STOP SPEWING NONSENSE JUST BECAUSE U WANT TO JUSTIFY THE DEPARTURE OF A PLAYER FROM ARSENAL, IT MAKES U LOOK STEWPID BY DEFAULT!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:36am On Jul 27, 2011
Dr Kit stop spewing bunkum

I am not trying to justify anything - my position has been consistent from day 1. While many of you were having wet dreams over JET, I kept telling you he wouldn't make it at Arsenal - there are just too many issues with the boy and his performance even on loan confirmed it.

Wenger focuses his efforts - when there are attitude problems worth correcting he sorts it out. Adams was a drunkard before Arsene helped clean up his career. Even Wilshere has a bit of a streak, but we all saw how Wenger managed that well such that the wild reckless boy of early last season has now disappeared.

is JET the only player in the academy? He has blown his chance for now while the likes of Wilshere grab theirs with both hands.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by hannie: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2011
^ for all the hype . . .

how many Arsenal Acadamy players blossomed into anything MEGA?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2011
debosky:

At his age I heard Cesc was driving Ford Fiesta while JET went to buy Mercedes (which he crashed). That boy is the definition of money miss road.

what has this gotta do with anything? because ibime said so now means it's true.
what is to say jay-emmanuel thomas paid full cash for his mercedes. what is to say it wasn't a pay monthly scheme? he earns good money, he bought himself a nice mercedes and that means na money miss road? tim cahill must be a money miss road too then for being the only football player with a bugatti in the whole united kingdom - and he's not even in the top 100 richest players in the premier league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2011
hannie:

^ for all the hype . . .

how many Arsenal Acadamy players blossomed into anything MEGA?

That's the point - JET is just one of the many players so he should be sent on his way sharply. We don't need boys who won't deliver, we need the Wilsheres and Cashleys of this world so good riddance. For someone given such high praise, he should have taken his chance but he failed to do so.

coogar:

what is to say jay-emmanuel thomas paid full cash for his mercedes. what is to say it wasn't a pay monthly scheme? he earns good money, he bought himself a nice mercedes and that means na money miss road?

It is an indication of a player with misplaced priorities - his attitude was wrong and this was just another example of it.

tim cahill must be a money miss road too then for being the only football player with a bugatti in the whole united kingdom - and he's not even in the top 100 richest players in the premier league.

Tim Cahill is the best Australian player and a consistent high performer in the EPL. As a result no one cares what he spends his money on.

Players more interested in spending money or chasing hos than applying themselves consistently to football will always get criticized.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2011
debosky:

It is an indication of a player with misplaced priorities - his attitude was wrong and this was just another example of it.

his attitude was wrong for buying himself a benz? is that illegal in london? is he constantly broke as a result of the car he bought?
how does this affect anything? buying a ford fiesta and buying a benz is the same ish. both players bought cars at a tender age.
that's the crux of the matter.

Tim Cahill is the best Australian player and a consistent high performer in the EPL. As a result no one cares what he spends his money on.
Players more interested in spending money or chasing hos than applying themselves consistently to football will always get criticized.

cristiano
romario
nani
anderson
tiger woods

all ho chasers - but ridiculously successful.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:25am On Jul 27, 2011
coogar:

his attitude was wrong for buying himself a benz? is that illegal in london? is he constantly broke as a result of the car he bought?
how does this affect anything? buying a ford fiesta and buying a benz is the same ish. both players bought cars at a tender age.
that's the crux of the matter.

He bought a benz, crashed it and didn't even have a license - that shows you the irresponsible lackadaisical attitude.

cristiano
romario
nani
anderson
tiger woods

all ho chasers - but ridiculously successful.

Ridiculously successful first before becoming known as ho chasers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by eldee(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2011
hannie:

@Eldee

has he sold Rooney yet?

For someone that's been watching footie before I was born, you amaze me.
He never ever managed Becks properly, Becks was the model footballer before the fame, he was that guy that stays after training, doing his freekicks, he never ever missed training, he was as shy as bleep.
The moment he got the fame, his ego came, he started missing training, he started having arguments with the boss and Fergie sold him immediately.

Same with Ronaldo too. . . Fergie is famous for shipping out unruly players, and that's what Wenger did with JET.

And you're being funny with Rooney huh, even the press noticed that last season, Rooney was bigger than Fergie. Back in the day, it was always Fergie deciding when it was time to leave, with Rooney, Fergie was almost begging in that infamous press conference.

Fergie was a biatch . . . ' 'I've never had an argument with Wayne at any time' . . . 'I feel we have to keep door open' . . . 'We don't understand it' . . . This was the same man that said things like . . . 'why would I sell a virus to the mob?' on Ronaldo.

The press said they'd never seen Fergie react like that, they thought it was the end of an era.

The simple reason for that is that last season, the United team was needed Rooney, probably not for the quality, but for the fact that Rooney is the last remaining true superstar at United.
It's a fear-factor thing, the same thing Wenger is doing by keeping Nasri. . . but while Wenger has put his foot down, Fergie was a biatch for Rooney.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2011
debosky:

He bought a benz, crashed it and didn't even have a license - that shows you the irresponsible lackadaisical attitude.

he had no driver's license? show me the link.
i don't believe what you say these days.

Ridiculously successful first before becoming known as ho chasers.
nah. . . .they must have been chasing hos way back. . . .but since they were unknown, the media didn't give a shyt. grin

@ eldee,

stop distorting the facts - fergie didn't beg rooney. all that was play-acting.
at the height of the crisis, the media and people generally thought fergie must have pissed rooney off like the beckham saga. rooney is the english icon and fergie had to clear himself this wasn't his fault - it's rooney's doing.

fergie needed rooney? what was rooney's contribution last season.
didn't berbatov step up to the plate producing magical moments? when berba got tired, didn't chicharito step up as well?
abeg - fergie handles his players well and better than that lunatic wenger.

at least before fergie dumps his talented players, they must have won something! beckham, keane, ronaldo, ruud, etc all won mega titles before fergie parted company with them. even the "supposed" mega flopsveron/forlan won a league title before fergie sold them. how do you then compare him to wenger? j-e-t has attitude problems - spare me!! is j-e-t as bad as ravel morrison? how many times has morrison been in court in the last 2 years? more than joey barton and has fergie sold him to ipswich? adebayor left, hleb left, flamini left, eduardo left, toure left, gallas left, clichy left, diarra left, etc. how many of them won trophies with arsenal?

the mind boggles. . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:36am On Jul 27, 2011
coogar:

he had no driver's license? show me the link.
i don't believe what you say these days.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/02/cops-arrest-arsenal-kid-in-100k-car-115875-22012339/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by eldee(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2011
The problem with JET is . . . he's not good enough to get away with a crappy attitude.
Ronaldo at 20 used to get away with wasting time on the wings with his stepovers . . . why?? Because Fergie knew how great he was going to become in the future.
South American players get a free pass on training and stuff like that, why?? Because they score fucking 10,000 goals in Copa America.

JET isn't even the best young player in Arsenal . . . and he's already the Osama bin Laden of Twitter.
He's not even in the England U21s, he's not really excelled on loan in the mould of Welbeck or Sturridge, you don't get to be unruly if you're not megatalented.
Bite me when he starts scoring EPL volleys like Rooney did against top four opposition.
He's that good, Stuart Pearce hasn't noticed, no EPL team has noticed, Wenger doesn't care . . . abeg siddon sumwhere jare.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2011
debosky:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/02/cops-arrest-arsenal-kid-in-100k-car-115875-22012339/

driving a benz mclaren?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
my apologies, debosky. . . . . . . .may amadioha strike the guy down
useless nincompoop. . . . .car wey him papa nor drive for idumota spare parts shop.

this dude must be the most irresponsible player in the history of football association!!! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:48am On Jul 27, 2011
^^ much better. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.