Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. (50225 Views)

Nigerian Couple Uses Tipper At Their Wedding As Wife Climbs A Ladder / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her / Lady Calls Off Her Wedding As Her Fiance Pours Water On Her At An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

May we be emancipated from mental slavery

290 Likes 25 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by bigdammyj: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Okay

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
May God continue to bless Sir Reno Omokri for me....

He made me realize that “White Wedding” is the European traditional marriage and made me see how we Africans lavish so much money for European Traditional Marriage. (White Wedding)

276 Likes 17 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Divoc19(f): 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Waste of time in deed.
I didn't do any of both self because I don't like the crowd for marriage thing.
What a lucky guy he is grin

235 Likes 11 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by WibusJaga: 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2021

Waste of money & resources indeed. Very few have the courage & determination to defy societal pressure & go against existing norm.
Traditional marriage +blessing by a clergy should suffice.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
I hate crowd,so I hate gatherings, so I hate wedding.

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by dheaven: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
You are right. It's a waste of fund and drawing unnecessary attention to oneself. Only pastors and and event planners benefits. You the celebrant don't really gain anything unless you are from elites family.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
I hate crowd,so I hate gatherings, so I hate wedding.
Zzor, you almost “Hate” everything in this life....

Please take it easy so you won't hate your existence. cheesy

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
May God continue to bless Sir Reno Omokri for me....

He made me realize that “White Wedding” is the European traditional marriage and made me see how we Africans lavish so much money for European Traditional Marriage. (White Wedding)

I have written about this many years back and the thread graced the front page but I just want to reiterate with this thread.

White wedding ko, blue wedding ni...

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Hardeconomy(f): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ok
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Davash222(m): 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Zzor, you almost “Hate” everything in this life....

Please take it easy so you won't hate your existence. cheesy
She "Hate" everything but gbola cheesy cheesy

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Davash222(m): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?
A senseless being thinking she's sensible.

249 Likes 13 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

And here we go..

Who made this rule? Show me one place in the Scriptures that spoke about white wedding.

Just look at th audacity of your post lol!

223 Likes 10 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

I have written about this many years back and the thread graced the front page but I just want to reiterate with this thread.

White wedding ko, blue wedding ni...
86.57% of Nigerian ladies will not agree with you... They believe that if the pastor has not performed the spiritual blessing of the rings, then the marriage is not complete and “Blessed” by God.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

And here we go..

Who made this rule? Show me one place in the Scriptures that talks about white wedding.

I never talk finish, one of dem don bring their leg out. grin

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Davash222:

She "Hate" everything but gbola cheesy cheesy
Jehovah Nissi.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

And here we go..

Who made this rule? Show me one place in the Scriptures that spoke about white wedding.

The people who made the religion are the same people who made the rule. It’s now you want to do, “let’s not follow the white man”.

It’s not everything in the “scripture” that’s practiced, the same way it’s not every y’all practice today that’s in the scripture. It’s still a part of the religion regardless.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Youngpo413: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Some men are risk takers...to marry nowadays ladies is the greatest risk in human history....hiroshima.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

I would have kept mum if i were you rather than posting this.

See i am not against any lady desiring a white wedding. Just leave somebody's son out of the expenses. If you want, use your money.

You claim it’s because white weddings are not a part of the religion when really you’re just broke, and I’m the one to be mute? Don’t start arguments you cannot defend. Have a wonderful day.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by ProphetofOdin: 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
White wedding is truly a waste of time and resources, though i did it because i am from a family that likes faaji, they pleaded i do it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

You claim it’s because white weddings are not a part of the religion when really you’re just broke, and I’m the one to be mute? Don’t start arguments you cannot defend. Have a wonderful day.

Kilagbe kileju? Does it not even bother you that you are reasoning this way?

Where is the argument? The write up is as clear as crystal. White wedding is a waste of time AND MONEY regardless whether the guy is broke or not.

So the best thing any reasonable lady who is not a liability or leech should do is let go of the option and focus on the traditional wedding and if she must have the white wedding, she simply takes care of the financial implications.

It is total witchcraft to reason otherwise.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

Where is the argument? The write up is as clear as crystal. White wedding is a waste of time AND MONEY regardless whether the guy is broke or not.

So the best thing any reasonable lady who is not a liability or leech should do is let go of the option and focus on the traditional wedding and if she must have the white wedding, she simply takes care of the financial implications.

I think you are wasting your time trying to explain Logic to a Nigerian lady.

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by siofra(f): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
I know lots and lots of people these days who don't bother with white wedding. Many of them see it as a waste of money. They just go to the priest or pastor and exchange vows quietly.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
Where is Baba Ejima to be talking about Lalasticlala
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by TheOldGods: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

you have time to be arguing with a woman, who bends down to pee. These people are beneath us. Just read her comment, smile, because it is irrelevant, they are not the one paying the bride price or heading the family. Only reply your fellow men, the only thing they know is to insult and good in the other room.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Konor: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
Where is Baba Ejima to be talking about Lalasticlala

Oga rest! That your juju no go work today undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by chaseblack(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
White wedding isn't the problem ,Nigerians oversabi is the problem.
Study how an average white man performs his white wedding and compare it with what Nigerians desire and you'll notice where the fault is.
Copy copy sprinkled with a touch of oversabi

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by tutudesz: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
undecided
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by SensualMan1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
There a line between African tradition and the white man's tradition. Both are distinct in their own ways and should be respected. I for once will prefer Africans stick to African tradition which is the traditional marriage, bring a priest or ezemmuo to bless ur marriage and u rock ur wedding band. Let the white man have it his own way.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilarious Chat Between Man Who Wanted Nudes And A Facebook Lady / Lady Desperately Needs A Boyfriend After Mom Gave Her December Deadline / Touch: Chinese App That Allows The Hire & Share Of Used Sex Dolls Shutdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.