Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,037 members, 7,953,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. (50749 Views)

Nigerian Couple Uses Tipper At Their Wedding As Wife Climbs A Ladder / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her / Lady Calls Off Her Wedding As Her Fiance Pours Water On Her At An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Nah, I don't do such. tongue
Indeed. grin
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Jamieb(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

Local dog
Lol, disclaim what I wrote there na since na only you be Christian wey dey study the Bible
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ladycewhy(f): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Indeed. grin
Don't do me like that,I am "good people" embarassed
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Munzy14(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

May we be emancipated from mental slavery
Lol..

Traditional paying of a lady's dowry is the main and ancestral/spiritually recognised wedding in African Origin...Until we imported religion/white wedding...

As it stands now, some people now rush to do church wedding and retire to pay dowry in the evening...smh..

Most times it is heavily influenced by the lady to be married..Currently some ladies now insist you must wed them in their own church because they want to please their daddy GO.. lipsrsealed

If you talk, they will extract scripture and turn it upside down to pull the wool in your eye.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Don't do me like that,I am "good people" embarassed
Cynthia, it may seem as though your conscience is pricking you. grin
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Munzy14(m): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
May God continue to bless Sir Reno Omokri for me....

He made me realize that “White Wedding” is the European traditional marriage and made me see how we Africans lavish so much money for European Traditional Marriage. (White Wedding)
Lol..

But you will still do white(traditional) wedding... grin
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by WisdomHunter(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
I have said this many years ago

White wedding is an European culture, their tradition wedding

But because they brought this Christianity that we carry for head that is putting many confusion in our society and attached their tradition marriage to it, it automatically becomes our a must do.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Munzy14(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Iyaebe:
I hate crowd,so I hate gatherings, so I hate wedding.
Is this from your heart or u want to gather likes? undecided
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Kaymaxine(m): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.
Show me a place where Christianity tallies with white wedding!!!
Your mumu never do
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol..

But you will still do white(transitional) wedding... grin
Who?

Dem write Mumu for my forehead?

If others are jumping to meet their Daddy GO for blessings, I will meet my parents.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Berezuski: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.

No dey talk anyhow
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

You almost made sense but sense made u instead.
The truth is white wedding is not a religious thing. Christianity adopted and modified it to suit their flamboyance. Even rich Muslims are adopting it as well.

#SayNoToWhiteWedding#
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by ERF: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Your logic is cool, and I get your point.

But the issue ( Waste of time and money) is scarcely with the "White wedding" itself. The bulk of the craze is with the "couples", the trend and the Nigerian mentality.

The typical "White Wedding" is not cost.

After all the traditional rites have been carried out, the wedding is mainly for priestly blessing. Whatever comes before, and after is mainly the addition of "man" (the religious institution) and the couples to spice their day up.

Some church wedding takes less that 2hours, some even An Hour and 30mins maximum.

While others spend alot of time in dancing, preaching and other activities to make the event a memorable one..

Most churches don't carry out "Item seven" which means wasting your money for all those stuffs is strictly your CHOICE.

Mind you, the reception has nothing to do with the "White Wedding"

The reception is strictly controlled by the couple, and many invest heavily for their pride and also a means to "cash out" too. So, you won't hold that to "White Wedding" too.

So, my person..

I know it's a normal logic which I agree that you have a very good point looking at the way it has turned to..

If you decide to go along the craze of the wedding show, it's up to you and your bride to decide. You should care more about what your decisions are with the person you want to spend the "forever" with more than what the world thinks..

The WHITE WEDDING is not the problem, it is the CHEAPEST for anybody who wants to be reasonable and cut cost. Except your religious organization is strangely burdensome and hard on you. Of course you won't hold the world responsible for you(or your fiance) attending a church that wants to sift you as wheat..

That's your own fault..

White wedding is cheap, but many people want to do the talk of town wedding, hence the craze..

After the Traditional Wedding (which to an extend you can't control the spendings no matter how hard you try), you are strictly in control of all your spendings from there..

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Munzy14(m): 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

And here we go..

Who made this rule? Show me one place in the Scriptures that spoke about white wedding.

Just look at th audacity of your post lol!
She was honest with what our sisters in the Daddy CEOs companies will say.

Some will tell you please come to our church you need Jesus..Me I begin to wonder where Christ went to... angry
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Crofton: 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheOldGods:
you have time to be arguing with a woman, who bends down to pee. These people are beneath us. Just read her comment, smile, because it is irrelevant, they are not the one paying the bride price or heading the family. Only reply your fellow men, the only thing they know is to insult and good in the other room.

There is too much divide and hate in this world already, do you need to add this ?
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ladycewhy(f): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Cynthia, it may seem as though your conscience is pricking you. grin
Na who do bad dey get pricking conscience undecided.

You cannot know me more than me tongue. I am telling you "I am good people".
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by koolaid87: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

Then why not show us where white wedding was conducted in the bible

Y'll are morons. When they attack any of your indoctrinated logic, Y'll develop cognitive dissonance instantly.

White wedding is eyinbo traditional marriage. What's hard to comprehend?

You don't have to agree, you can just acknowledge the logic and move the f on
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Munzy14(m): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Who?

Dem write Mumu for my forehead?

If others are jumping to meet their Daddy GO for blessings, I will meet my parents.
Hehehehehehe...

The person who has the right to bless a union is the parents definitely from both sides.

The lady's parents bless first..you stand and take her to your parents, who will hug and welcome her and probably bless you guys.

My dad will say, we cannever understand the physical and spiritual that goes on during this process.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Na who do bad dey get pricking conscience undecided.

You cannot know me more than me tongue. I am telling you "I am good people".
Lol, you are not NICE.... Don't patronize me Cynthia. grin
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ladycewhy(f): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Lol, you are not NICE.... Don't patronize me Cynthia. grin
undecided undecided undecided. I am not nice abi? Ok.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
Munzy14:

Hehehehehehe...

The person who has the right to bless a union is the parents definitely from both sides.

The lady's parents bless first..you stand and take her to your parents, who will hug and welcome her and probably bless you guys.

My dad will say, we cannever understand the physical and spiritual that goes on during this process.
You're Dad is absolutely correct.

Now I see where you tapped all these wisdom from. cheesy
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ladycewhy:
undecided undecided undecided. I am not nice abi? Ok.
Yes... You wan beat me put? grin

Anyway, it's good to know you're still around. smiley
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Lawxen: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheOldGods:
you have time to be arguing with a woman, who bends down to pee. These people are beneath us. Just read her comment, smile, because it is irrelevant, they are not the one paying the bride price or heading the family. Only reply your fellow men, the only thing they know is to insult and good in the other room.

This is so unintelligent. This comment simply shows you lack general sense, no iota of logic.
Read what you wrote again but this time slowly and see how foolish you are.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by JANK23H(m): 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

Tbh, nobody gives a Bleep about your personal life

I’ didn’t tell you I’m a Christian, neither did I tell you I’m straight or interested in marrying you niggas. Your sentiments are blocking you from even thinking. Christianity has always been a white man’s religion. What they practice, y’all practice. If you’re claiming “African tradition” then drop the religion as a whole.
Aunty,take the advice dished out here and shut up.

Christianity is not the white man's religion,it never was.With every comment you make yourself look silly.The fact that they used it as a vehicle for colonisation didn't make it theirs.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Carchoice:

I think you are wasting your time trying to explain Logic to a Nigerian lady.
Logic cannot be explained to your mother and sisters? Crazy.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Workch: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

Tbh, nobody gives a Bleep about your personal life

I’ didn’t tell you I’m a Christian, neither did I tell you I’m straight or interested in marrying you niggas. Your sentiments are blocking you from even thinking. Christianity has always been a white man’s religion. What they practice, y’all practice. If you’re claiming “African tradition” then drop the religion as a whole.
Just take the advice and go.
Useless girl
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by DigitB: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
WibusJaga:

Waste of money & resources indeed. Very few have the courage & determination to defy societal pressure & go against existing norm.
Traditional marriage +blessing by a clergy should suffice.

Agreed.

Me as a Catholic. I'll wear better Igbo attire carry my bride enter church, receive the nuptial blessing and sacrament. Then straight to her villa to do the traditional rites.

We must change all this attachment to western tradition.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Workch: 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
JANK23H:

Aunty,take the advice dished out here and shut up.

Christianity is not the white man's religion,it never was.With every comment you make yourself look silly.The fact that the used it as a vehicle for colonisation didn't make it theirs.
Whose religion is Christianity?
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by BigBashiru: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
May God continue to bless Sir Reno Omokri for me....

He made me realize that “White Wedding” is the European traditional marriage and made me see how we Africans lavish so much money for European Traditional Marriage. (White Wedding)

More like Israeli/Nazarene traditional wedding - it didn't originate from Europe - they just like to claim it
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by JANK23H(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
MsCassano:
To be frank all those guys saying they will not do white wedding are BROKE ASS niggars. Shikina
How much do you have?

Always the broke ones who do the "broke shaming".
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Workch:
Just take the advice and go.
Useless girl

Your mother is a useless woman who gives birth to dogs.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Munzy14(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You're Dad is absolutely correct.

Now I see where you tapped all these wisdom from. cheesy
The man is loaded bro... cheesy

A cousin of mine went to marry around 2008..After receiving the lady's parents blessing, dude brought his wife to my uncle, the man was not happy that day, he pushed them away..

He later proceed to do the church stuffs...That lady no born anything for my cousin till they seperated 5years ago...

My dad told them, the lady was denied acess to the family on that trad day they hubby present am to his dad, his Dad pushed them away out of annoyance...Say the spiritual no accept her as well..

These old people are filled with wisdom..we must calm down to collect the baton from them.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend During Helicopter Ride. Photos / What A Prophet Told Me About My Girlfriend. / I Am Gonna Propose To My Albino Corper Girlfriend On Our P.O.P Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.