Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. (50262 Views)

Nigerian Couple Uses Tipper At Their Wedding As Wife Climbs A Ladder / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her / Lady Calls Off Her Wedding As Her Fiance Pours Water On Her At An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by blackmanking: 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
ok
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by KossyKiss97(f): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Its a mindset thing
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by prophetfire: 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
Divoc19:
Waste of time in deed.
I didn't do any of both self because I don't like the crowd for marriage thing.
What a lucky guy he is grin
Really, I think I should need your contacts now.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nonexisting1: 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
I'm anti marriage no matter the type so this one no concern me.

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Mbaku(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.
You that is a Christian, an ardent follower of the Bible, please tell us where white weddings were recorded in the Bible?? Even the wedding Jesus performed miracle was never said to be white or even traditional.. Please just do what you believe in and leave others to do theirs. No one lacks common sense

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ayo081(m): 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2021
Divoc19:
Waste of time in deed.

What?!

I want to be this lucky. I hate crowd like.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Workch: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.
Its you that lacks the common sense.

Seems like a lot of ladies nowadays are just plain stupid. By every standard, traditional wedding is the primary and most acceptable, followed by court.

I tire for Nigerian ladies aswear

18 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Kirkman: 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
chaseblack:
White wedding isn't the problem ,Nigerians oversabi is the problem.
Study how an average white man performs his white wedding and compare it with what Nigerians desire and you'll notice where the fault is.
Copy copy sprinkled with a touch of oversabi
Spot on.. " see me I have arrived attitude". grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

?
My people perish because of lack of knowledge. Your problem here is ignorance.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by obembet(f): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
May God continue to bless Sir Reno Omokri for me....

He made me realize that “White Wedding” is the European traditional marriage and made me see how we Africans lavish so much money for European Traditional Marriage. (White Wedding)

But he did white wedding
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Danjikanbauchi: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
We understand from your own point of view.

I know Sapa done reset your brain.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by nabiz(m): 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

this is how to spot someone that lacks common sense

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PlayMaker14: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
obembet:

But he did white wedding
Kindly show me a picture of him doing white wedding. I will wait.

Thank you and God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Shegzy8(m): 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mbaku:

You that is a Christian, an ardent follower of the Bible, please tell us where white weddings were recorded in the Bible?? Even the wedding Jesus performed miracle was never said to be white or even traditional.. Please just do what you believe in and leave others to do theirs. No one lacks common sense

It wasn’t even done inside the synagogue

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ezmans: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

May we be emancipated from mental slavery
you are hundred percent correct & it's only Jehovah witness members that doesn't do that rubbish

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by lkillbrokehoes: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Davash222:

She "Hate" everything but gbola cheesy cheesy
What do you expect? Iyaebe/zzor/rozcol/rozz/wargidanairala is homo
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ayo081(m): 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
OP you for go babalawo and not to court lol
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Bombblacks: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheOldGods:
you have time to be arguing with a woman, who bends down to pee. These people are beneath us. Just read her comment, because it is irrelevant. Only reply your fellow men.
This is a very Foolish post. I guess your mother stands on top skyscraper to pee. Foolish man

12 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by lkillbrokehoes: 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
obembet:

But he did white wedding
Obembet my guy, show proof please, don't say something without proof.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by PotatoSalad(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
Just pay her bride price, go to court and finish the rest. The other things na for who get extra money to waste.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Throwawayakkant: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
We didn't just follow blindly. It was the law at the time. If you had a white weddinf you could not then have a traditional wedding even to the same person.
This is why our grandparents named weddings engaments and then the church weddings as wedding. Look up colonial era laws.
They also made all polygamous men whp wanted to join the church abandon all thier wives except th3 first. Only the lord know how the remaining children fared. The illegal government did many crazy things we are still suffering the effects of today.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
Most people do these things out of pressure from family and friends. If my future man would agree, even the trade sef will just the families. Im not shy of crowd but I don't think I like the stress that comes with such big occasions.
The only thing I will miss is the dance that's all. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Jamieb:

Shut up and don't be stupid. There is nothing like a white wedding in the Bible except you've been reading your Bible backward. Once you're parents have accepted your bride price, you're married
Local dog
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by neonbash0: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
Divoc19:
Waste of time in deed.

Exactly. A simple court wedding feels just right. The couple and two witnesses and that's it. No stress and you're married. That's literally how all my siblings got married

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

May we be emancipated from mental slavery
oga if money dey, white wedding go well. Una too complain
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by JerrieBoss: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2021
Like Seriously

Nairaland, a place to learn. If you have money do two weddings, if not, do one and that is traditional wedding. Church sef go understand abeg.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by lkillbrokehoes: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

You claim it’s because white weddings are not a part of the religion when really you’re just broke, and I’m the one to be mute? Don’t start arguments you cannot defend. Have a wonderful day.
Broke because he doesn't fancy oyinbo white wedding? I wonder how y'all Nigerian girls think, people like you will continue being slaves to oyinbo and religion, tell us where white wedding is recorded in the Bible? tell us

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Divoc19(f): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
There are lots of down to earth girls out there. Their characteristics are out there
Ayo081:

What?!

I want to be this lucky. I hate crowd like.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Love Letter A Girl Wrote To 9-Year-Old Schoolmate / Funny Toasting Lines! / 500Level Student Of Afe Babalola University Impregnates 2 100Level Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.