Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? (3991 Views)

Haba What Is Really Going On In Nigeria Today? / Tinubu's "Bala Blue" Incident : What Is Really Going On? / Adams Oshiomhole: Ademola Adeleke Was Dancing Skelewu While Debate Was Going On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Sergio101(m): 7:53am On Oct 31, 2021
Bighead9:

I can bet with my left Nyash that, this man has not been to Anambra this year. He is either a Kaduna Igbo, Kano igbo or Lagos Igbo. He is enjoying the peace in other Regions while talking about the Anambra we know.

Oga am not telling you to believe.
Am from Nkitaku village Agulu (same as akunyili family).
Peter obi is from Amatutu village Agulu.

So please am not telling you to believe

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2021
pointblank247:
do you leave people who talk trash about you. Political rallies still hold but I was just trying to make you know that it is a dangerous place to be.

Pure and confirmed fact is that there are two UGMs
The Fulani UGM that go about killing prominent igbo people like Dr Akunyili to cause confusion in Igbo land . Then there is the people's UGM that target people they refer to as "SABO"
I personally watched some Fulani UGM gin battle with the Nigeria army at afor Nnobi junction on Friday. They were pure Fulani, even one was caught alife. 3 were shot dead when they ran out of ammunition. The pictures are all over the net
Yeah that one of fulani UGM may just be political gunmen hired for that purpose. I'm happy you also recognised the ipob UGM who burnt Joe Igbokwe's house as I saw those ones in Nnewi when they came. IPOB is largely responsible for the insecurities in Anambra
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by onumadu: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Osogboprince:

I guess you're not in Anambra. Anom na Nnewi kita, nwanne obodo adirokwa mma. If you were even close to Anambra you will understand. Lots of UGM. Some even came to Nnewi two days ago. I still believe most of these insecurities in Anambra has to do with the election.May be after the election they could be some peace. But for now Anambra is hot

Of course I'm not in Anambra, and that is why I opened this thread because of confusing information coming out of the place.
Like you, I also believe that quite a few of the violence has everything to do with politicians trying to outwit each other.
But we shall know for sure after Nov 6.
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Sergio101:

But guy u can't say Anambra is not hot if you actually live in Anambra. I'm in Nnewi now na so UGM the move in and out of town freely
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2021
onumadu:

Of course I'm not in Anambra, and that is why I opened this thread because of confusing information coming out of the place.
Like you, I also believe that quite a few of the violence has everything to do with politicians trying to outwit each other.
Exactly, I'm very observant guy.All these insecurities started in September. Infact there was a clear sign when it started and look like the UGM moved from imo to Anambra state . Because they have been peace in Anambra prior to this time,
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Sergio101(m): 7:57am On Oct 31, 2021
onumadu:

Sounds like the Anambra I know. undecided

So, why would someone not from the state say that "tension is too high in Anambra now"?
What could be his motive? Is he just afraid because he is not a local?
You are spot on about the contributions of oyigboupdate to this whole confusion here in nairaland.

Sincerely whenever I come to nairaland, I get confused more.

I repeat " my state calm it's only when you want to be noticed that things may go south for you".

if I am not in my state, I will believe you guys, but so far am still in my state for now......... I won't accept every thing I see here
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by ba7man(m): 8:01am On Oct 31, 2021
pointblank247:
do you leave people who talk trash about you. Political rallies still hold but I was just trying to make you know that it is a dangerous place to be.

Pure and confirmed fact is that there are two UGMs
The Fulani UGM that go about killing prominent igbo people like Dr Akunyili to cause confusion in Igbo land . Then there is the people's UGM that target people they refer to as "SABO"
I personally watched some Fulani UGM gin battle with the Nigeria army at afor Nnobi junction on Friday. They were pure Fulani, even one was caught alife. 3 were shot dead when they ran out of ammunition. The pictures are all over the net
Hmmm...... you personally witnessed this

These people dey lie like fish. sad

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Sergio101(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2021
Dhury:
Anambra is peaceful.theres no tension in agulu ? are you from Akunyili family ?or this is not matter to you

Bro things do happen, but what am trying to say is that nairaland due exaggerate the activities going on......... Though it's not bad to report the news (but the way it's always over reported and the reality of the climate of the day in the actual place are always parallel)

That second picture you posted...... Nairaland reported it as "mechanic man shot dead". but it's not the actual thing that happened.

The guy is from Agulu also (ifitani village)....... Now the actual thing that happened is that..... the guy came back from outside country (maybe for rest). so was flexing life..... now the day he died. .... the whole incidence couldn't have happened.

The road was bad...... so the unknown gunmen people after their activities in Oko Town was coming back through Agulu, but because the road connect was bad..... they have to slow down and move slowly in the area of bad road but unfortunately for the guy...... the guy wasn't patient enough (he didn't actually know it's the UGM that he's following).... so he drove with a speed to overtake them in that area of bad road.

Having sensed problem, the unknown gunmen stopped (because they may actually think it's police force), and they wanted to collect the guy's car for their operation since he played adamant..... but the niggrr was still on speed and would not stop...... so they pulled the trigger on him.

They shot in the air for a bit long after killing the guy but had to tell the fleeing people not to worry that they are not after them.

RIP bro.
RIP Dr akunyili.

it's really a great lost to we the indigenes of Agulu
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Coldsperm: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2021
Osogboprince:

But guy u can't say Anambra is not hot if you actually live in Anambra. I'm in Nnewi now na so UGM the move in and out of town freely
Oga why all these lies? What do you want to achieve with it? You bear Osogboprince as your moniker and you are here claiming that Nnewi is hot. Which Nnewi are you talking about if I may ask? Nnewi that is as calm as a graveyard. I know you are lying but stop misleading people. If you are paid to do that then desist. If you are not a Politician, you don't drive cars or buses with Political posters and banners, you don't go to political rallies, you observe the Sit at home orders and you don't go about castigating Nnamdi Kanu or Ipob and you are not a Security agent, then you are safe. I was outside yesterday flexing with my Niggas till 1am midnight. I even trekked home with my guys and we were 8 in number (5 boys and 3 babes) . Tell me your location or drop your number here make I flex you tonight if you are actually in Nnewi.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 8:28am On Oct 31, 2021
Coldsperm:

Oga why all these lies? What do you want to achieve with it? You bear Osogboprince as your moniker and you are here claiming that Nnewi is hot. Which Nnewi are you talking about if I may ask? Nnewi that is as calm as a graveyard. I know you are lying but stop misleading people. If you are paid to do that then desist. If you are not a Politician, you don't drive cars or buses with Political posters and banners, you don't go to political rallies, you observe the Sit at home orders and you don't go about castigating Nnamdi Kanu or Ipob and you are not a Security agent, then you are safe. I was outside yesterday flexing with my Niggas till 1am midnight. I even trekked with my guys and we were 8 in number (5 boys and 3 babes) . Tell me your location or drop your number here make I flex you tonight if you are actually in Nnewi.
Hapu afa m na nairaland ebe a, ife a idere kita gosiri na imaro ife n'eme na Anambra. Do you know the UGM came two days ago to Nnewi around St Mary's Anglican Church on the new road and lied people down and shooting sporadically. Those ones been terrorised what bad thing did they say about ipob.

You're not in Anambra hooha
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Sergio101(m): 8:30am On Oct 31, 2021
Osogboprince:

Well...... you are correct Sha. let me not generalize.
But what am trying to say is that the exaggeration is much more to compare to actual happenings
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Bighead9: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2021
Sergio101:

I'm based in the Owerri. I visit Anambra ones every month. I know what I'm saying too. Anambra and peaceful can never be mentioned in the same sentence. But Anambra and Mali can be mentioned in one sentence grin grin grin grin

IPOB are doing a great job grin
https://fij.ng/article/the-east-is-hot-anambra-residents-flee-state-ahead-of-election/

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 8:31am On Oct 31, 2021
Sergio101:

Bro things do happen, but what am trying to say is that nairaland due exaggerate the activities going on......... Though it's not bad to report the news (but the way it's always over reported and the reality of the climate of the day in the actual place are always parallel)

That second picture you posted...... Nairaland reported it as "mechanic man shot dead". but it's not the actual thing that happened.

The guy is from Agulu also (ifitani village)....... Now the actual thing that happened is that..... the guy came back from outside country (maybe for rest). so was flexing life..... now the day he died. .... the whole incidence couldn't have happened.

The road was bad...... so the unknown gunmen people after their activities in Oko Town was coming back through Agulu, but because the road connect was bad..... they have to slow down and move slowly in the area of bad road but unfortunately for the guy...... the guy wasn't patient enough (he didn't actually know it's the UGM that he's following).... so he drove with a speed to overtake them in that area of bad road.

Having sensed problem, the unknown gunmen stopped (because they may actually think it's police force), and they wanted to collect the guy's car for their operation since he played adamant..... but the niggrr was still on speed and would not stop...... so they pulled the trigger on him.

They shot in the air for a bit long after killing the guy but had to tell the fleeing people not to worry that they are not after them.

RIP bro.
RIP Dr akunyili.

it's really a great lost to we the indigenes of Agulu
Lmao, your story about how the guy died is even more terrible and see how you tried conveniently to excuse the murderers,.una deserve the killings aswear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2021
Coldsperm:

Oga why all these lies? What do you want to achieve with it? You bear Osogboprince as your moniker and you are here claiming that Nnewi is hot. Which Nnewi are you talking about if I may ask? Nnewi that is as calm as a graveyard. I know you are lying but stop misleading people. If you are paid to do that then desist. If you are not a Politician, you don't drive cars or buses with Political posters and banners, you don't go to political rallies, you observe the Sit at home orders and you don't go about castigating Nnamdi Kanu or Ipob and you are not a Security agent, then you are safe. I was outside yesterday flexing with my Niggas till 1am midnight. I even trekked home with my guys and we were 8 in number (5 boys and 3 babes) . Tell me your location or drop your number here make I flex you tonight if you are actually in Nnewi.
Its not about trekking home with anybody . There is air of terror in Nnewi and environs. I'm in okpuneze Uruagu, maybe let's meet at Riss Park Hotel.
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Coldsperm: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2021
Osogboprince:

Hapu afa m na nairaland ebe a, ife a idere kita gosiri na imaro ife n'eme na Anambra. Do you know the UGM came two days ago to Nnewi around St Mary's Anglican Church on the new road and lied people down and shooting sporadically. Those ones been terrorised what bad thing did they say about ipob.

You're not in Anambra hooha
My Aunty stays around St. Mary's Anglican Church in Uruagu Oga, the people were told to lie down to avoid stray bullets hitting them. Gwa m ebe ino Kam bia buru gi n'mgbede a ka anyi ga kuo.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Bighead9: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2021
onumadu:

There was a thread on Nairaland front page yesterday about how Anambra is hot and people are relocating from the State. The story was carried by a major newspaper in this Country. You sit in your comfort zone and criticise facts that others say.

https://www.nairaland.com/6826782/anambra-residents-flee-ahead-election

May IPOB continue till their Region is no more grin grin grin grin grin

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Sergio101(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2021
Bighead9:

I'm based in the Owerri. I visit Anambra ones every month. I know what I'm saying too. Anambra and peaceful can never be mentioned in the same sentence. But Anambra and Mali can be mentioned in one sentence grin grin grin grin

https://fij.ng/article/the-east-is-hot-anambra-residents-flee-state-ahead-of-election/

Okay bro.
Happy Sunday!!.
Have a nice day.
Am not out for unnecessarily banter (childish actions).
The op simply asked a question but I can see you are just trying to make it a tribal game...... I can't stoop to such puerile action this early morning..... it speak more of low IQ.

Have a nice day!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Osogboprince: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2021
Coldsperm:

My Aunty stays around St. Mary's Anglican Church in Uruagu Oga, the people were told to lie down to avoid stray bullets hitting them. Gwa m ebe ino Kam bia buru gi n'mgbede a ka anyi ga kuo.
Nwayo nwayo eziokwu na aputa. Do you think I will ever lie here? Mbanu. That lying down is an act of terrorism. Was they a shoot out with the army? No .even the Ebubeagu had to run. Thing is that they're terrorising people.

I'm in okpunoeze Uruagu. Let's meet at Riss Park Hotel
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Yorubaritua1ist: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2021
Bighead9:

Aboki, hope you have paid your levies to the bandits in your state before you are kidnapped and killed. Heard that most of the abokis up north now are now eating grasses to sustain them.
My abokki gateman here in Enugu have refused to go back to the north since cause of bandits and terroists. He was even begging h that's he want to bring down more of his people to east cause they have nothing to eat again in the North

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Yorubaritua1ist: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2021
Sergio101:

Okay bro.
Happy Sunday!!.
Have a nice day.
Am not out for unnecessarily banter (childish actions).
The op simply asked a question but I can see you are just trying to make it a tribal game...... I can't stoop to such puerile action this early morning..... it speak more of low IQ.

Have a nice day!!!
You are quoting aboki with squats down to pee like a woman with his dirty uncircumcised prick. I'm sure that he is in the north now chewing grass

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Sergio101(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2021
Osogboprince:

Lmao, your story about how the guy died is even more terrible and see how you tried conveniently to excuse the murderers,.una deserve the killings aswear.

Bro I know it's really terrible to die that way, I don't really welcome violence.
But I just said it to correct the report made in nairaland.
search the thread you will see how it was reported.

And please am not making excuse for the muderers, am just reporting the actual thing that happened.
Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Kaiser20: 8:56am On Oct 31, 2021
When Ipob-/ESN started operating as UGM some brainwashed youths were jubilating.... " Holy holy holy...NK another saviour.
Today The same Ipob/ESN =UGM will soon create various IDP camps in SE .
Now that Ipob- have multiple groups in various hideouts operating as hoodlums and bandits let's see how it ends.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Bighead9: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2021
Coldsperm:

This is the biggest LIE I've heard this year. There's no way you'll drink beyound 7pm in Anambra State. Except if you lodge in a hotel or you drink in your compound and there's no way you'll walk freely at night. You'll be Robbed, kidnapped or used for Rituals. No Dey lie for here. Some of us know the East like the back of our hands.

Biko kwụsị ụgha a

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Bighead9: 9:25am On Oct 31, 2021
Yorubaritua1ist:

Aboki, hope you have paid your levies to the bandits in your state before you are kidnapped and killed. Heard that most of the abokis up north now are now eating grasses to sustain them.
My abokki gateman here in Enugu have refused to go back to the north since cause of bandits and terroists. He was even begging h that's he want to bring down more of his people to east cause they have nothing to eat again in the North

No worry. We will help you achieve what you want to achieve as regards the violence in the EAST. FG will keep all the violence in the EAST. Our Galant Northern Soldiers will use IPOB, ESN, Unknown Gunmen and their SYMPATHISERS for TARGET PRACTICE. The East will be used as training ground for the Nigerian Army.

Thank God, that Region is the only Region that contribute ZERO to the Economy. Buhari and the North will sacrifice that Region. As long as other Regions are peaceful, we are OK with what IPOB do with the Easgrin grin grin grin

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by meccuno: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
Bighead9:

Lies.
Anambra is slowly becoming a shadow of itself. From 6pm to 7am if you are not indoors, your name will be sorry. The crime rate is too high as people are robbed in broad daylight. I spent a week in Anambra this month and I was unable to do what I came for due to the insecurity.

Both Igbos and non Igbos are scared. Everyone I talked to doesn't hide the fear they have in the turn of events in the State. Most People have relocate to the neighbouring States while others permanently relocate to other regions.
[/s] people who live there have spoken but you a paid hack knows more than them. Go and sit the fvck down.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by meccuno: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
Bighead9:

I can bet with my left Nyash that, this man has not been to Anambra this year. He is either a Kaduna Igbo, Kano igbo or Lagos Igbo. He is enjoying the peace in other Regions while talking about the Anambra we know.
[/s] Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by meccuno: 9:29am On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
blackpanda:

But from what u are saying, ipob does disturb everybody. Clearly they are the ones murdering politicians and security personnel. Yet people will come online to claim DSS. I've always said, terrorism cannot fester without the connivance of the public. Anambra will be the melting pot for eastern doom. Make una de take una future de play. The seeds being sown today will be reaped by your future generations. Borno will be a child's play.
[/s]another rubbish

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by meccuno: 9:30am On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
Bighead9:

Anambra has never been a peaceful State even before this IPOB, ESN and Unknown Gunmen activities started. That's why there is zero night life in towns like Onitsha. Even in broad daylight, you can be robbed in Onitsha. This has always been the case before IPOB came.
[/s]Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by meccuno: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
Bighead9:

You are on point.
Borno will be Childs play compared to Anambra, if the activities of IPOB is not halted. And the entire East will be affected. I'm based in Owerri and I know what's going on in the EAST. They think they are doing Buhari, the North or West, but they are doing themselves. DO YOU KNOW THAT, OVER 99% OF THE ATROCITIES, KILLINGS, ROBBING AND OTHER CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES OF IPOB ARE NOT REPORTED?

The few ones you read on the pages of newspaper or the ones Oyigboupdate post here are less than 1% of what's happening in the EAST. Since IGBO thought they are doing Buhari and the North and they also assumed that, Buhari and the North are presently feeling the pains. grin grin grin They decided to keep mute and endure the pains they are going through
. grin grin grin grin grin angry angry grin
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by meccuno: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
Bighead9:

Your coment is a clear indication that you've not been to Anambra in the last ten years. DO YOU KNOW THAT, ANAMBRA HAVE THE RUTHLESS AND WORST AGBERO IN THIS COUNTRY? They extort and steel from traders with no resistance from anyone. Before 7am and after 6pm you won't see anyone on the streets. Cause you have 101% chances to get Robbed or used for Rituals at that time.

That's why Anambra has zero night life. By 6pm all shops are locked and everyone locked himself in his house. This has always been the case years before now.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2021
Sergio101:
Thank you so much for this question.

At least as a true son of the soil, let me clear all this brouhaha and propagandas.

Am from Anambra as you asked (Agulu town) and for the recent, I still reside in my hometown for a project.

The Anambra State I do see in nairaland is not the Anambra state am actually living in,I mean they are very much oecumenically apart.

There was attack on security personnel but the issue is just between the security forces and IPOB and not the mass.
I can boldly say this......."Anambra is calm"...but when it will not be calm for you is when you want yourself to be noticed".

There's this moniker in nairaland that most of post about Anambra is just to cause tension....... oyigboupdate. My state is cool but anything that tries to deviate it from the coolness is what do lead the tension itself.

Wasn't it in Anambra state that Dr Akunyili was murdered along with some others?

Was he trying to be "noticed" or am I missing something here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop David Abioye Tells The Church Who To Vote For || 2023 Election / Peter Obi Made A Major Mistake Being At The Presidential Debate Tonight. / 2023 Presidential Election Projection By Voting Patterns And Trends.(opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.