Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross (60505 Views)

Capt. Bala Shagari: Buhari And IBB Forced Me Out Of Military / Capt. Jonathan Polit Dies In Accident (pics) / Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 1:44am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

I don't argue nonsense. Everybody wished they had contact with Ndigbo. I am surprised you didn't ask the primitive Yoruba people at that time as part of the people that raided Igboland.

That aside, Pictures speak louder than words.

Between your Alaafin (1st pic) and one man walking on his own in Ogwashi-Ukwu (2nd pic) who looks more dignified or rich?

From the first picture, you don't need me to clarify to you how the original Oyo Palace looked like before the white men built what the OP posted.
You keep justifying what we always say. See bushes, when we say you people live in the bush at that time, you will cry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 1:55am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

You can as well just type Oyo Palace in Google and be ashamed of yourself for celebrating what the white men donated to you
Well, I did as you said and these are what I found there in pictures below.

Unfortunately for you, I did same for your obi but I couldn't see any olden day palace pictures, rather it was bringing new palace of now.

Which means, you guys have no history

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 1:59am On Nov 01, 2021
Bantu10:

Who will jealous skull miners?? Well maybe the terrorists up north
What is this baby pounder saying?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:05am On Nov 01, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

Who go talk say him mama soup no sweet. I hate being a coward so i wouldn't have prayed to be a Yoruba
Yes they are coward

But they have won so many wars

They are coward, but your tribe dares not face them in war.

They are coward, but just 197 of their men defeated over 500 of your so called biafra men.

I prefer to be coward who have fought many war without being defeated than to be Audio brave who never fight any war not to talk of winning any.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:15am On Nov 01, 2021
Truthvalue3:

So you are actually so deluded that you believe this picture was taken in the 1600's ?
I don't expect you to believe, since your fathers were still living with Orangutans in the bush at that period.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:17am On Nov 01, 2021
Astrid4:

How would you know
When are your ancestors are in the bush with gorillas and ape grin grin
Hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:17am On Nov 01, 2021
Truthvalue3:

I repeat, that Wikipedia page was written by a yoruba troll. Look for real historical documents, not pieces of garbage written by jingoistic trolls.
Were you expecting it to be written by your people who have no history?

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:28am On Nov 01, 2021
Truthvalue3:

I believe they did similar constructions in eastern Nigeria.
Where is it. Any proof

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:33am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

Of course. We are miles apart.
We (Ndigbo) are the superior black race that whites are scared of.

Bless your black eyes with the wealth oozing from the picture below.
That is Igbo.
Only the glass beads on that kids hands can cure some people's communal poverty in SW.
No need to talk about what the Ivory on the lady can do. You and I know how costly elephant tusks are
Yet, your OSU land is the poverty capital of the south.

I am sure that woman and that kid are OSU descendants like you grin

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:37am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

A Nationalist is the word.
I am an Igbo nationalist. I will respect and try to hide some facts about you people if you people learn to respect those that are superior to you people
I don't know why you like abusing the word superior. It seems like you just heard that word and is pushing you.

You people are the most inferior Africa race. Every Africa race has empires, kingdoms.

You apes had none, only to make noise.

Just empty container.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:40am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

That makes us Gods.
Ndigbo are the symbol of God's will on earth
Hahahaha, no wonder they kick you around.

Symbol of God that is a slave to everyone.

Symbol of God that practise OSU and diala

Symbol of God that want to be israelite by fire by force but got rejected.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 2:42am On Nov 01, 2021
Truthvalue3:
One thing is clear, yoruba seem to love and cherish colonization.
Whereas my people actually fought to maintain their sovereignty, yoruba actually loved giving theirs away without a fight.
Whereas the British looted the country of my ancestors and burnt down our capital and several of our cities, it seems they actually donated things to their fateful yoruba servants.

yoruba pride indeed. Traitors to the black race. Original uncle toms.
What does your worthless father has that can make someone betray him?

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by FvckAllMods: 5:08am On Nov 01, 2021
Oh Bleep it a Yoruba woman will never dress naked close your eyes kids
seunmsg:

Igbo ladies were still dressing naked when the picture was taken.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by BennyDGreat: 5:17am On Nov 01, 2021
[quote author=LegendHero post=107216006]

Let me translate it for you. I don’t know ami ohun much like that which explained why you might not understand it well. Also, I used a proper Oyo dialect.

—Oyo Alaafin (Oyo, the descendant of the Alaafin)
—Ojo pa sekere omo atiba (Rain must not beat sekere, Son of Atiba)
—Oyo nipe kolowo ko gbowo (Oyo said the creditor should collect his money)
—Oni koni iwofa gba tire (He also went to tell the debtor (Iwofa - a system where people use their family as collateral to borrow money) not to pay his debt)
—Ase kole ba di’ja, ko le ba daapon (Not knowing that the reason why Oyo did this is so that fight can happen)
—Komo oba le ri ‘n muje (So the prince can eat)
—Oyo gbin agbado oran seyinkule elenkule (Oyo planted a wicked mystery maize/corn of trouble at another man's backyard)
—Elenkule o gbodo faatu, be ni ko si gbodo faaya (The owner must not uproot it, and he must not shred it)
__Omo iku, tiku kogbódò pa
(child of death who death cannot kill)
----Omo Arun, tarun kogbódò see
(child of pestilence who cannot be tied down by sickness)
----Omo Ofo, tofo kogbódò see(child of calamity whom calamity can't afflict )

All this eulogy of Oyo is just showing the empire might. Imagine planting a corn/maize of trouble at the back of one’s compound and telling him not to uproot it nor shred it. Like you’re showing your might and power over them. [/quote

Wow. Your yoruba deep....mo juba oh

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Jaqenhghar: 5:42am On Nov 01, 2021
Truthvalue3:

How has the Nigerian government been any helpful to the lives of ordinary Nigerians ?

Nigeria was not created in a void, some kingdoms fought war against Britain and lost (some gladly threw away their sovereignty) then the British gathered all those kingdoms and created Nigeria and ruled it indirectly.

The kings (the true ones, not the ones which keep propping up in post colonial Nigeria or those created in colonial Nigeria) are important to their respective people who love their actual traditions and way of life. The true kings also provide a stability and peace by embodying the traditions of the land and by being a direct link between the modern life and the era of our ancestors.

This is not what I asked your friend. I asked a simple question and you are derailing and going here and there with information that is irrelevant to what I want to know.
Inflation is through the roof, there is chaos everywhere and how these so called royal fathers have impacted the lives of the average Niggerian positively. You are here yammering about true kings and the history of Niggeria.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Jaqenhghar: 5:45am On Nov 01, 2021
SlyDev:

You cant be Yoruba, iyawa o bimo oran tifi owo osi juwe ile baba re
That still does not answer my question Mr. Man. This is your 2l3rd post and you still have not answered my question. Now its either you
1. Don't have the answers or
2. You not too bright and dont understand the question.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by thundafire: 6:01am On Nov 01, 2021
gaventa:
Read your history written by your people. Imagine Handset of all things. A black man invented the telephone. Stop acting like a Slave.
prove it
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Fideo(m): 6:02am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

Google is your friend.

We were never mates. NDIGBO didn't start getting rich after Nigeria but were created with it.

Una mumu no dey do? Shame unto thee. #spit

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Omoluabiii(m): 6:11am On Nov 01, 2021
This pic, is about yoruba, and oyo to be precise, not about ndigbo or fulani herdsmen. Or any named walking igbo miscrants,
Whats the arguement for?
Wount you people be civilized for once?
and respect your history and differences....
Mad mad people everywhere....
Annu people them, oyiaraaa, awon wereh....

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Rexymania(m): 6:40am On Nov 01, 2021
Wow, dope reply. I love this grin

BKayy:

You mean the Igbo women in your picture that are wearing rare copper spirals worth atleast 12 million Naira in todays amount on their legs are naked?

If you want to talk about people being naked, talk about the Yoruba women in the picture below that the few things they are wearing are worth absolutely nothing

You can't compare yourselves with Ndigbo. There has never been a time we were mates

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 01, 2021
KoshCAD:
Yes they are coward

But they have won so many wars

They are coward, but your tribe dares not face them in war.

They are coward, but just 197 of their men defeated over 500 of your so called biafra men.

I prefer to be coward who have fought many war without being defeated than to be Audio brave who never fight any war not to talk of winning any.

Although I don't do this tribal thing but the delusion of the average Yoruba man baffles me honestly. How can someone say a group of people don't have history? How can you make such a statement.

The problem with the average Yoruba man is that they fail to see beyond Lagos and their immediate environment. This was how a fellow Corp member posted to the East was baffled because of what he saw. He said what they believed back then was that Igbo land was inhabitable that's why the people "run to SW". This "uneducated" graduate from Ondo did not know that there are more Igbos in the north than in the SW.

Now to history, I see many yorubas claiming to be "civilized". One may think that they mean/meant developing things that benefitted humans but what they meant are:
1. They fought civil wars amongst themselves hence their " forefathers were strong"
2. They had monarchy hence their "forefathers were developed"
2. They surrendered to the British too early hence "their forefathers became/were civilized"

I'll address the points one by one below.

As for point 1, please the Yorubas should read broad please. There were many wars that happened in and around Igbo land for centuries. There were lots of conquest that are well documented and by locals too. The fact that the whites documented your history isn't something you should really be proud of. Arochukwu, Ezza, and many other tribes in Igbo land went on conquest. My people engaged warriors from Arochukwu in wars for many years and was able to push them back. My people engaged the Etches in wars and won. But a Yoruba man is like a son who has only seen his father's farm and declares it the biggest in the world. Just Wow!!!

2. Different people have different ways of life. The whites who didn't understand the greater part of old Igbo land described its system of government as "acephalous". The internal democracy baffled the whites and they could only compare with the ancient Greeks. Now if not having kings is a sign of not been civilized, will the Yorubas say the ancient Greeks and/or romans were uncivilized too? Mind you, Rome didn't have kings until Caesar matched with his troops to the capital and was declared emperor.
Also, it's not all parts of Igbo land that didn't have kings. It's mostly part of central and eastern Igbo land that was without kings. I challenge a Yoruba man here to tell me which of their kingdoms is older than The kingdom of Nri or to tell me which Yoruba ancient artifact is older than those discovered in Igbo-Ukwu. Yoruba travel and see. Go to Obu Gad and let them tell you the lineage of the kings from Eze Eri I to the present one. Where I am from, we are taught to count our forefathers straight down to the founder of our town. Yet mine is a town and not a kingdom (my part didn't have kings).

3. The Yorubas are always fast to claim that they were warriors and yet in the same line of sentence claim they had were the first to be "exposed to the British way of life". How can you be warriors then then allow the British defeat you so fast? Isn't that an irony? It's well documented that The Binis (Benin), the TIVs and the Igbos vehemently fought the British and their expansionism but how much of that can be said of the "warrior tribe" of Yoruba? The Anglo-Aro war is well documented. It was a bloody war that lasted over 2 years and the British was marvelled. Guess very little Yorubas have read about this? They boast of the kiriji wars but know very little about the Headhunting warriors of Abam. Isn't that being self-centered? What are we then to say about the Aro Confederacy that's like a multi-ethnic republic? Guess no Yoruba man knows about this too?
Now it's also on record that the last place to fall to British in Nigeria is the Igbo town of Igbuzo (Ibusa in present Delta state). The people there with other towns formed a coalition and launched the Agha Ekumeku which was a stiff resistance against the imperials. While the Yoruba " warriors" had already surrendered their sovereignty to the British crown, the real warriors were still fighting their soldiers. In recognition of Igbuzo (Ndi Isu fu ogu ju nni) prowess in battle, the town's name reached Britain and many people in London heard about this town and others that gave the whites sleepless nights. The British also built a school in the town when the resistance fell because they marvelled at their strength in battle. Go figure the meaning of Ndi fu ogu ju nni. Yoruba man read this? No he won't. He's satisfied with Ekiti parapo history and he'll term it as "African history".

Lastly, it's also well documented that the Igbos had Nsibidi. The whites met it here and wrote about it. Pray tell, how can a people with a well-developed writing code be " uncivilized"? The issue with most Africans is that they view civilization with the European lens. This is one reason China Achebe wrote a rebuttal against Joseph Conrad.

Fellows, let me my pen here but with an advice. Never say a people don't have culture. Even the Barbarians had one it's just that the Romans couldn't understand it. Drop tribalism and stop seeing everything through one perspective.

To the average Yoruba man, learn to read wide. Read about other people too. To the Igbo man, learn to dey calm down. Everything no be d*ck measuring contest.

Happy new month all. Wish you all the very best of the mont of November.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by truthCoder: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2021
BKayy:

Of course. We are miles apart.
We (Ndigbo) are the superior black race that whites are scared of.

Bless your black eyes with the wealth oozing from the picture below.
That is Igbo.
Only the glass beads on that kids hands can cure some people's communal poverty in SW.
No need to talk about what the Ivory on the lady can do. You and I know how costly elephant tusks are

Point out the ivory in that picture.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by muheeb01(m): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2021
SlyDev:
Yoruba civilization is the best, Omo see culture and greatness in one picture.

If I'm not Yoruba, I will be jealous of them.
100%%%

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by muheeb01(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2021
Ajisebi oyo laari oyo onisebi baba eni kokan.....asa wa ede wa kòsí ohun to da too

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by KoshCAD: 7:53am On Nov 01, 2021
DaveDGreat:

Although I don't do this tribal thing but the delusion of the average Yoruba man baffles me honestly. How can someone say a group of people did not have history? How can you make such a statement.

The problem with the average Yoruba man is that they fail to see beyond Lagos and the immediate environment. This was how a fellow Corp member posted to the East was baffled because of what he saw. He said what they believed back then was that Igbo land was inhabitable that's why they "live the SW". This " uneducated" graduate from Ondo did not know that there are more Igbos in the north than in the SW.

Now to history, I see many yorubas claiming to be "civilized". One may think that they mean/meant developing things that benefitted humans but what they meant are:
1. They fought civil wars amongst themselves hence their " forefathers were strong"
2. They had monarch hence their "forefathers were developed"
2. They surrendered to the British too early hence "their forefathers became/were civilized"

I'll address the points one by one.
As for point 1, please the Yorubas should read broad please. There were many wars that happened in and around Igbo land for centuries. There were lots of conquest that are well documented and by locals too. The fact that the whites documented your history isn't something you should really be proud of. Arochukwu, Ezza, and many other tribes in Igbo land went on conquest. My people engaged warriors from Arochukwu in wars for many years and was able to push them back. My people engaged the Etches in wars and won. But a Yoruba man is like a son who has only seen his father's farm and declares it the biggest in the works. Wow!!!

2. Different people have different ways of life. The whites who didn't understand the greater part of old Igboland described its system of government as "acephalous". The internal democracy baffled the whites and they could only compare with the ancient Greeks. Now if not having kings is a sign of not been civilized, will the Yoruba's say the ancient Greeks and/or romans where uncivilized too? Mind you, Rome didn't have kings until Caesar matched with his troops to the capital and was declared emperor.
Also, it's not all parts of Igbo land that didn't have kings. It's mostly part of central and eastern Igbo land that was without kings. I challenge a Yoruba man here to tell me which of their kingdoms is older than The kingdom of Nri or to tell me which Yoruba ancient artifact is older than those discovered in Igbo-Ukwu. Yoruba travel and see. Go to Obu Gad and let them tell you the lineage of the kings from Eze Eri I to the present one. Where I am from, we are taught to count our forefathers straight down to the founder of our town. Yet mine is a town and not a kingdom (my part didn't have kings).

3. The Yorubas are always fast to claim that they were warriors and yet in the same line of sentence claim they had were the first to be "exposed to the British way of life". How can you be warriors then then allow the British defeat you so fast? Isn't that an irony? It's well documented that The Binis (Benin), the TIVs and the Igbo's vehemently fought the British and their expansionism but how much of that can be said of the warrior tribe of Yoruba? The Anglo-Aro war is well documented. It was a bloody war that lasted over 2 years and the British was marvelled. Guess very little Yoruba's have read about this? They boast of the kiriji wars but know very little about the Headhunting warriors of Abam. Isn't that being self-centered? What are we then to say about the Aro Confederacy that's like a multi-ethnic republic? Guess no Yoruba man knows about this?
Now it's also on record that the last place to fall to British in Nigeria is the Igbo town of Igbuzo (Ibusa in present Delta state). The people there with other towns formed a coalition and launched the Agha Ekumeku which was a stiff resistance against the imperials. While the Yoruba's " warriors" had already surrendered their sovereignty to the British crown, the real warriors were still fighting their soldiers. In recognition of Igbuzo (Ndi Isu fu ogu ju nni) prowess in battle, the town's name reached Britain and many people in London heard about this town and others that gave the whites sleepless nights. The British also built a school in the town when the resistance fell because they marvelled at their strength in battle. Go figure the meaning of Ndi fu ogu ju nni. Yoruba man read this? No he won't. He's satisfied with Ekiti parapo history and he'll term it as "African history".

Lastly, it's also well documented that the Igbos had Nsibidi. The whites met it here and wrote about it. Pray tell, how can a people with a well-developed writing code be " uncivilized"? The issue with most Africans is that they view civilization with the European lens. This is one reason China Achebe wrote a rebuttal against Joseph Conrad.

Fellows, let me my pen here but with an advice. Never say a people don't have culture. Even the Barbarians had one it's just that the Romans couldn't understand it. Drop tribalism and stop seeing everything through one perspective.

To the average Yoruba man, learn to read wide. Read about other people too. To the Igbo man, learn to dey calm down. Everything no be d*ck measuring contest.

Happy new month all. Wish you all the very best of the mont of November.
After your long epistle which I didnt not stress myself over to read.

I served in rivers, elele alimini and I do go to the east regularly. Nothing I saw there.

What do I need to read about you and your tribe, do you have kingdom or empire.

I know of oyo empire

I know benin empire

I know the kingdom of the kush

I know the ancient ghana

I know ghana(wagadu) empire

I know Mali empire

I know songhai empire

I know Sokoto caliphate

I know jolof empire

I know the kingdom of Dagbon

Etc

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2021
placeofallure:

Ok, since you asked for it.

Number 1, look well it's a she not a he

You don't agree with a book I wrote, get pen and paper and write your own book chikena! But because you are a trouble fermenter, No, you won't.

You and your kinsmen are the delusional ones here. You have what we call initial gragra and it ends there.
You'd think you know, meanwhile there's nothing upstairs.

The same oversabi attitude is what you have brought into today's political space. No worthy illustrious Candidate for presidency when 2023 is so near. I personally feel south east should be allowed to occupy Aso rock this time but SE seems not to be anywhere near ready. No known political stalwart that can pull the force. That should be a source of worry for you and your generation unborn, not some ancient Alaafin that your grandparents never met alive.

See the divisions in your region. See the killings. How can a sane person be killing his own people all in the name of an agitation or advocacy? For what exactly? Those are the things you should concern yourself with. You can't seem to choose between Biafra and Nigeria. You either lack identity or some of you choose to be bastards. Your political leaders visit Abuja with double mouths. Set of very confused people.

This SW that you hate is where many of you earn your living. Go to Alaba, Go to Ajegunle, Go to Ladipo, Go to Tejuosho, Go to Computer Village, Go to Willoughby/Borno Way, Oyingbo, your brothers full ground. Despite your hate, we accommodate you because we're wiser, you boost (develop) our commerce.

I have Ibo friends, they're great people. My closest neighbor is an Igbo man.

But you see some of you, especially you and your likes are just busy little bees. You are inconsequential. We will crush you! Don't just sit behind your keyboard and type rubbish with your leprosy infested fingers, Be warned!
I'm not Igbo, I don't talk to deluded women, go suck a d.ick or something.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

This is not what I asked your friend. I asked a simple question and you are derailing and going here and there with information that is irrelevant to what I want to know.
Inflation is through the roof, there is chaos everywhere and how these so called royal fathers have impacted the lives of the average Niggerian positively. You are here yammering about true kings and the history of Niggeria.

How has the Nigerian government been any helpful to the lives of ordinary Nigerians ?

Nigeria was not created in a void, some kingdoms fought war against Britain and lost (some gladly threw away their sovereignty) then the British gathered all those kingdoms and created Nigeria and ruled it indirectly.

The kings (the true ones, not the ones which keep propping up in post colonial Nigeria or those created in colonial Nigeria) are important to their respective people who love their actual traditions and way of life. The true kings also provide a stability and peace by embodying the traditions of the land and by being a direct link between the modern life and the era of our ancestors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag / Reno Omokri Reacts To Abba Kyari's Death / AK47 Rifles, RPGs Coming To Nigeria From Libya Intercepted In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.