Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044816 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dejijoseph(m): 11:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
aestake:
Congratulations!

Go to where u had your biometrics to drop your passports. However, in Lagos VFS go between 8-10am. If not you will pay for VIP to be attended to. It happened to me 4th of this month. I had to pay for VIP cos I can't wait in lagos.
Some also do courier it if that's what you prefer.
Both ways, na way.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dejijoseph(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
Go to where u had your biometrics to drop your passports. However, in Lagos VFS go between 8-10am. If not you will pay for VIP to be attended to. It happened to me 4th of this month. I had to pay for VIP cos I can't wait in lagos.
Some also do courier it if that's what you prefer.
Both ways, na way.
Congratulations

Pateda26:
Hallelujah! It's RFV...

Not too long but a roller coaster daunting but eventful journey.

My siblings in Canada have been on my case to relocate but for some weird reasons I rather prefer to just do visit and come back. Until I got married and my wife became so scared of naija wahala. Easily my people were able to make her start the process.

She applied in mid month of Dec 2020, for our ECA and used etx for transcript, we both have masters from UNN but surprisingly, her WES was completed in first week of Jan 2021 while mine was eventually completed in June 2021. That delay got me involved because of transcript issues and that's how my interest started, coupled with the lack of foreseeable end to insecurity and above all the kids future.

My wife's first and only IELTS result came ending of June, 2021 with just an average score of 7 (I didn't write IELTS). This was enough to enter the pool. We both have more than a decade work experience from a single organization.

As at when we joined pool our CRS was a paltry 347! Before we got nomination it dipped to 327 due to birthdays, lol. So cos of the low score we dont visit the EE portal, we were focused on getting PNP.

So just as the EE profile was created, an EOI was submitted for SINP and within few days we got an ITA. At this point, I now put on my researching cap and carried Canada immigration matter as case study especially SINP.

I realised since we didn't have POF ready and SINP has a rigid 3months old POF rule, we had to painfully ignore the ITA and went all out to gather fund. When it expired we were now set and ready to receive another ITA. Unfortunately, the rules have changed! SINP draws paused and eventually health professionals need to get job offer to be considered!

In between this period of dilemma, we took a stroll into the EE profile and found notification of interest (NOI) sitting pretty but now old in the account!

AINP sent us NOI end of September, 2021 but we didn't get to see it until mid November! It was a rush of emotions. We noticed that, we didn't accept to click getting mail option. So we couldn't get mail from EE portal and since we weren't expecting any miracle we just abandoned the account.

AINP usually gives 2weeks for applicants to accept their NOI else it goes invalid. Well, we sent an acceptance using the link provided and also followed it up with a letter of clemency, stating why we missed it.

Fortunately, after 48hours, we got a response that we can continue with the same application under same stream. That was the first miracle for me in this process.

Unfortunately, cos of the experience we have had with SINP as regards health professionals and Canadian licensing. We opted to fill in another NOC that does not require license during the submission of application. This was even recommended by the licensing authority of my wife profession in Canada, cos licensing can take some time and makes immigration process long.

So after we submitted AINP application in Jan 2022, by march most of the applicants we submitted same month have been nominated but ours was not touched. We knew that our delay was cos we did not apply with the NOC upon which we got NOI. We didn't know what to do. We were scared to make any move to avoid disqualification.

On a fateful night, kidnappers came and made attempt close to our home, the gunshots were terrible! It was in a prone position, lights off, shivering, that I drafted a letter of change of NOC for my wife to send to AINP. We gave them reasons why we had to deviate from the original NOC based on the recommendation of a regulatory body over there. We showed all evidence, dropped links to the website quoted and prayed. This was around April 10, 2022.

About 2weeks after, my wife was called by AINP, for some fact check. The agent is a Nigerian so the talk flowed well. He asked for her NOC, and she told him the initial NOC filled and that she sent a mail for change to the main NOC. The officer said,he's calling cos of the mail (our second miracle) and fortunately for us, the reference letter submitted was in favour of the new NOC as well.

Nomination came the following day as my birthday gift, after we sent the payslips he asked immediately.

Unfortunately, EE draw happened that same day before we could link the nomination to EE. So early may ITA arrived and we submitted application using same documents used for AINP. Our reference letter was about 6months old, spouse foreign work experience was clicked but since I had collected my reference when we applied for my wife's, so I just uploaded it as asked. Thank God mine wasn't assessed cos the job duties no too rhyme at all with my chosen NOC. We didn't see IRCC guideline when we were making request for reference letter. We only wrote it as our usual routine came to mind.

My wife's reference letter was better off but can be better. Remember we wrote her letter to have semblance with that initial NOC we filled during AINP?

It was when we got nomination that I joined this group. I had a lot of struggle within me to change the reference letter but cos of the tussle involved in getting it from work. We just decided to use it because we didn't want to delay any further. I was not comfortable with some entries too on our marriage certificate.

Anyways, I remember in one of my queries when the amiable @Graciouswords advised that I should look for WhatsApp group of my AOR and join to know when eligibility is passed for people around me. That advice was the bombard. Those WhatsApp groups are real tension relievers.

My journey from AOR to RFV is about 86days

AOR May 29
MED Aug 19
BIL Completed Aug 22
RFV Aug 23

If this is not God's grace I wonder what is?

Thanks You Jesus!!!

PS:
Pls to submit passport in Nigeria to VFS where biometrics was done, do one need to go online to do anything? Are we making any transmission payment for dependents who didn't capture for biometrics? The recent announcement that one can walk in to submit passport physically in Nigeria, does it mean that passport are now being stamped in Naija also? Is someone residing in naija but outside Lag and Abj supposed to just courier passport 2way to Abuja/Lagos and that's all, even with below 14years old dependents? Pls what's the process?

I wish everyone still waiting for the golden mail Godspeed and favour.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dejijoseph(m): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yes.
You will pay transmission fees for kids under 14years.
Note that they didn't come for biometrics, meaning they haven't paid anything before unlike the parents.
I passed through all that 4th of this month.
If u r using lagos VFS, go between 8 and 10am to avoid story that touch abeg.

Pateda26:

Thank you!

Does one need to pay transmission fees for dependents below 14years since they didn't do biometrics?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheExclusive: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
reichwolf:
The draw just happened. CRS 525 cut-off. Congratulations to anyone that got ITA.
Please where is it checked to see the cut-off?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
GraciousWords:

Congrats! Super speed....

Which NOC did you eventually use for your AINP application and IRCC PR app post ITA, the one that got initially got you the AINP NOI or the new one you changed it to? Sorry that bit wasn't clear to me.

If you use any other VFS apart from where you did biometrics each family member including children must pay transmission fee. If you go to the VFS where you did biometrics it seems children still need to pay transmission fee (if they did not do biometrics) according to these people:

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/213#113968619

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/267#115382829

Search NL for "VFS PPR Passport" and you should find a treasure of info. If a VFS doesn't permit walk in, you'll need to courier your package to them. I don't think you must walk in even if it is permitted. If you are not in Lag or Abj, courier it is.

Email VFS though to be 100% sure.

Thanks so much, this is quite helpful!

3211 was the NOC that got me AINP NOI but on applying i used 2221 that now stalled me. So I had to apply for a switch back to 3211, then came nomination, ITA and RFV.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
My people! My IELTS result will be out tomorrow and I can’t sleep lipsrsealed. Naso e dey do people? I’ve been mentally replaying my speaking test in my head. Hey God, abeg oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 11:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Pateda26:
Hallelujah! It's RFV...

Not too long but a roller coaster daunting but eventful journey.

My journey from AOR to RFV is about 86days

AOR May 29
MED Aug 19
BIL Completed Aug 22
RFV Aug 23

If this is not God's grace I wonder what is?

Thanks You Jesus!!

Congratulations! Your story has so many twists and turns but I read it all. Thank God it ended well for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 11:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Thank you

dejijoseph:
Yes.
You will pay transmission fees for kids under 14years.
Note that they didn't come for biometrics, meaning they haven't paid anything before unlike the parents.
I passed through all that 4th of this month.
If u r using lagos VFS, go between 8 and 10am to avoid story that touch abeg.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aniejasmine: 11:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adinnu4(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2022
It seems you don't believe in God's grace. God's grace is real
CountVersailles:

Let's get something straight. It's not any God's grace. You were an exception, which is okay. There are many more people possibly in other countries who were also exceptions like this. It's a good thing, an excellent thing, but don't let it get into your head. It's not any God's grace where you were specifically targeted. Those who are in for longer are just like you and it doesn't make them any worse off or any lacking of God's grace.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adinnu4(m): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2022
Without God, you are nothing. Go to the mortuary, you will see things for yourself.
aestake:

In Naija everything na god...esp things they have no clue on, how to do them or totally beyond them. Visa na god because they wanna run from a bad place, speed of its granting na god, flight booking na god...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2022
adinnu4:
Without God, you are nothing. Go to the mortuary, you will see things for yourself.
It's not by mentioning god this god that. Naija for be like Canada. People die when it is time, nothing can change that.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Godtemi: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2022
Please guys, if I want to travel to Canada using airfrance, which is going to transit via Paris.
Please do I need transit visa ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2022
Abercrome:
My people! My IELTS result will be out tomorrow and I can’t sleep lipsrsealed. Naso e dey do people? I’ve been mentally replaying my speaking test in my head. Hey God, abeg oo

I was as scared as you. I didn't finish my writing task 1, my speaking didn't go as I had hoped.

But lo and behold

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bibitayo2: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2022
Please when setting aside the POF, is it ideal to use the official rate or the black market rate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ceeplusltd: 11:55am On Aug 25, 2022
Bibitayo2:
Please when setting aside the POF, is it ideal to use the official rate or the black market rate?
To me I prefer to keep POF in dollars. Inflation can affect your local currency. You may keep your POF in your local currency, in the next 1 year,exchange rate will affect your money,then it becomes a challenge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bibitayo2: 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Thank you... How do I do that, pls?
ceeplusltd:
To me I prefer to keep POF in dollars. Inflation can affect your local currency. You may keep your POF in your local currency, in the next 1 year,exchange rate will affect your money,then it becomes a challenge.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
Thegamingorca:

I was as scared as you. I didn't finish my writing task 1, my speaking didn't go as I had hoped.

But lo and behold
test type academic You need ielts general for express entry. Cant use this result o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
adinnu4:
with or without God we are all going to same mortuary one day. Those in the mortuary served God too. One day we will all join them. Una eye go clear when you reach Canada sha. The way we practice religion in Nigeria ehn even those that brought it to us would be ashamed.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
ednut1:
test type academic You need ielts general for express entry. Cant use this result o

Yes boss. I had already posted it before I realized the section I was commenting in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Aniejasmine:
Hello house. Please has anyone had any experience with proving work history in family businesses? E.g I work for my husband, worked for him for 2 years before we got married. Would it be weird when he’s the one signing my reference letter and some of the monthly salary transfers are from his personal account? (Others are from the business account) and being that it’s a small company in terms of staff strength. Just started googling and nobody has given a proper response in terms of that please ☹️. However the company has social media presence and comes up easily once you google the name
submit what you have like that. If they challenge it. You provide evidence and explanation you have noni grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ceeplusltd: 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bibitayo2:
Thank you... How do I do that, pls?
go to your bank and open a domiciliary account.( dollar account) then buy dollar and pay into it,that's all. If they need POF ,you can print your dollar account statement and show them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bibitayo2: 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2022
Thank you. Will I buy the dollars at the official or black market rate?

Sorry for my questions. I am just uninformed about this.
ceeplusltd:
go to your bank and open a domiciliary account.( dollar account) then buy dollar and pay into it,that's all. If they need POF , you can print your dollar account statement and show them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bibitayo2:

Baba, anyhow you take get dollar ọ.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bibitayo2:

you are buying dollars at black market rate. Only those with qualifying transactions like school fees, importers of certain goods etc can buy at official rate. Currently there are no dollars for those ones self.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
ednut1:
with or without God we are all going to same mortuary one day. Those in the mortuary served God too. One day we will all join them. Una eye go clear when you reach Canada sha. The way we practice religion in Nigeria ehn even those that brought it to us would be ashamed.
They will still go locate those who are extending Naija church things to Canada. Work and give the people who migrated like you. One day I was on the road, a lady accosted me asking for directions to Kennedy mall, I told her I was headed that way, immediately she pulled out something, church this church that. I told her I ran away from this to Canada oh. She began using those same lines, I told her: look at Kennedy Mall, bye!

Imagine!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2022
CountVersailles:

Let's get something straight. It's not any God's grace. You were an exception, which is okay. There are many more people possibly in other countries who were also exceptions like this. It's a good thing, an excellent thing, but don't let it get into your head. It's not any God's grace where you were specifically targeted. Those who are in for longer are just like you and it doesn't make them any worse off or any lacking of God's grace.
..While trying to sound Woke...you ended up typing rubbish....You claimed that something is EXCEPTION and yet it is not God! Haba now.....The truth is everybody's path is different and God has paved his/her with success and speed....So if you can't rejoice with the person...Won't be better you get yourself engaged productively?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Zeewirld:
..While trying to sound Woke...you ended up typing rubbish....You claimed that something is EXCEPTION and yet it is not God! Haba now.....The truth is everybody's path is different and God has paved his/her with success and speed....So if you can't rejoice with the person...Won't be better you get yourself engaged productively?
That exception is man-made! Nothing superhuman there, mak una leave God alone. That's how a carpenter came and ran with job money after preaching up and down on my last visit to Nigeria. Talk talk only .. nothing reflects the behavior God expects.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2022
Abercrome:

how far? update us...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ceeplusltd: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bibitayo2:

no bank sells dollar unless for PTA/BTA. Therefore you need to buy your dollar from the black market and fund your account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bibitayo2:

Official rate is used for submission however your funds can devalue overtime in Naira so what the other person said.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
Pateda26:

Thanks so much, this is quite helpful!

3211 was the NOC that got me AINP NOI but on applying i used 2221 that now stalled me. So I had to apply for a switch back to 3211, then came nomination, ITA and RFV.

Great....... so the principle remains the same, applicants should stick to their NOI NOC and all will be well.

Congrats again!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.