Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044525 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dauphine: 5:06am On Mar 13
You are supposed to evaluate the degree that would give you the highest score in your case, masters. Evaluating your bachelor’s degree is not necessary. I don’t know how it works if you evaluate your bachelors and try to evaluate your masters down the line.
Emeoko24:
Please bail me out my people 🙏🙏

I have paid for WES couple weeks back for my BSc as my masters result wont come out till the end of May. My Uni contact just called me now that my transcript is ready and they’re about sending it to WES digitally.
My worries;

1. Is it advisable to ask my Uni contact to hold on till my MSc transcript (different uni) is ready in May so I can add it to my WES profile and evaluate both at once OR

2. Should I give him the go-ahead to send my BSc to WES for evaluation and add my MSc later in May when it’s ready ?

I’m at loss because it just occurred to me now that WES charges same amount irrespective of how many documents you’re evaluating I.e they charge the same amount for evaluating multiple documents like BSc & MSc at once as evaluating just one. Am I right please ?

3. I think it won’t be commonsensical if I do the duo separately as they will charge me again by the time I want to evaluate my MSc in May.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 6:48am On Mar 13
Dauphine:
You are supposed to evaluate the degree that would give you the highest score in your case, masters. Evaluating your bachelor’s degree is not necessary. I don’t know how it works if you evaluate your bachelors and try to evaluate your masters down the line.

First off, Thank you for the response 🙏. To be very honest, I know I’m supposed to evaluate my masters alone but I just wanted to join the pool asap maybe I can get nominated by a province while waiting to complete my Masters.
Is it any possible to change to MSc on WES page (I have paid & got WES reference number o) and ask them to hold on till I complete my MSc so I don’t have to pay again later on?
Please help answer the bolded 🙏.
God bless y’all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 10:03am On Mar 13
PrincessAriel:
I tried making payments for CELPIP exams on Monday when it was still 76k and it didn't work.

Just this evening, I checked and it is now 220k on their website. 😫

They've adjusted it naira to dollar now. The closest date is also June. Wow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PrincessAriel(f): 12:14pm On Mar 13
aurorae1:

Honestly I just weak.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MoreTech(m): 5:22pm On Mar 13
Gurus in the house, pls how can i get in touch with Unilag exams and records about sending my Transcripts to WES.

Any contact or phone number to call
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sonofthunder: 6:30am On Mar 14
stevolinkon40:

1. You need reference from employer, employment letter is not necessary if you get the reference, if you are unable to get reference then the employment letter plus other documents like payslip, promotion letter and others can be used but even that the roles must be specified in the employment letter, since yours doesn't have it, it wont be helpful to your application.

2. The 2 STEM draws that have held didn't include 62100, neither was 21301 invited for the STEM draws.

3. You need to get reference only for the job you claimed points for. if your only NOC is 21301 and that is what you claimed, you don't need reference for a previous role in administration that you did prior or after the 21301. you only add that to your personal history but no evidence is required for that.

4. YES

5.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds/invitations.html?q=274#wb-auto-28

6. No issue, make sure you list all companies that you are involved with either as a share holder or employee in your personal history, even as a volunteer.

7.I don't have full info about Alberta PNP route at the moment. I am not aware if they put their draws on hold. I doubt the validity of such claim because they had a draw on the 20th Feb 2024
https://en.immigrant.today/canada/16391-alberta-draws.htm

Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate your responses.

Is there a link to the STEM draws I can check to see the history and NOCs invited. I've tried to check but couldn't find it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sonofthunder: 6:43am On Mar 14
tshtsh:

Kindly get a reference letter that has all the required information. Regarding your other questions I'll suggest you make your application easy for whoever will review it. Some of our practices in Nigeria can come across as weird in Canada. IRCC isn't interactive. They make decisions based on documents submitted and may send a request for additional documents if they need more information. Only provide the required information. If you can collate your POF in a single account.

Thanks.... I will work on my application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dest4real(m): 10:08am On Mar 14
aurorae1:

What does this translate to USD? how much USD is 220,000K? What exchange rate did they use?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 4:07pm On Mar 14
Singingbae:
This thread has been of great help, I’ve actually opened an IRCC account and I’ve also paid for my IELTS which the exam is scheduled for May 25. I chose that date so that by that time, my WES evaluation would be close to coming out. My challenge now is to pay for WES, please can anyone help me out or put me through it?

Thanks in anticipation
Do you have a dorm account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 6:55pm On Mar 14
Hello, does anyone know an affordable notary public (for gift deeds) in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 8:02pm On Mar 14
AyabaS:
My sister got ITA in the recent healthcare draw and she’s ready to submit, all documents readily available as same was submitted for OINP just last month. Thankfully OINP was still in submitted status despite having submitted over a month ago so $1,500 no waste. Anyway, she has a cash job and got a salary certificate for OINP, her reference letter meets IRCC standards so I’m contemplating submitting that alone and not unnecessary complicating the application since IRCC doesn’t ask for proof of compensation. However, from reading this thread, it appears its not uncommon for IRCC to send ADR for proof of income.
Update on my sister’s application
ITA- Oct 26
AOR- Nov 18
BIL/MIL- Jan 26
Biometrics completed- Feb 13
Medical passed- Feb 19
Eligibility &BGV completed on tracker- Mar 12
Final decision- Mar 12
PPR- Mar 13
The visa office the PPR came from is RROC. I didn’t submit the cash salary certificate, only reference letter. Also, we were just working on opening dorm account to top up her POF since some people have been getting ADR but thankfully no ADR.

Goodluck to everyone still at the various stages.
Adios!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 11:43pm On Mar 14
Honeysweetest:

Do you have a dorm account?

No. I heard paying for Wes is not easy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 11:45pm On Mar 14
79733139:

This was how I did mine:

1.) I opened a WES account.
2.) I paid for the WES fees (specify that it is for IRCC - Express Entry stuff).
3.) WES gave me an address that I should use when requesting my transcript to be sent to WES.
4.) Paid for my transcript (FUTA) to be sent to WES.
5.) Waited for more than 2 months, then my annoying alma mater finally sent the transcript to WES digitally.
6.) The other back and forth communication between WES and FUTA were done digitally.
7.) WES informed me that the assessment is completed, then I downloaded the PDF of the WES assessment

C'est fini!

Thank you so much. If your school had sent it early, will it be faster? How many months in general did you wait for Wes evaluation to be out?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 2:29am On Mar 15
Enculer2:

It is tightening. I saw some YT Canadian guys posting some very borderline anti-immigrants stuff as well.

The canadian government ought to have complemented these immigration programs with aggressive housing construction, hospitals, parks...
Rather you have so many students coming to study in canada and a severe housing shortage making people spend most of their income on housing. Even immigrants are becoming anti-immigration
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 9:34am On Mar 15
Hello everyone,

Real quick, how do i book for medicals with IOM? the appointment system is not working for me. Does anyone have a direct phone number i can reach them on? I tried the 3 I saw online but none is going through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayolayemi: 10:12am On Mar 15
Hi House,

Please i am trying to enter into the Express entry pool with a profile with my Husband
I have two certificate which is my Bsc and my AAT serving as a 2 year diploma certificate
My Husband has a master's degree from UK
My working experience is more than 3 year
But for my husband, it does not give the option to pick the foreign skilled worker experience, so i cant put in any work experience for him but he has just 1 year before he went for his masters
He is a software developer and i am an auditor
I kept in all of this details and the CRS score came to a total of 477
I don't know if that is normal or something is wrong
I thought both i and my husband applying will give us a better CSR score
I all maxed out all the IELTS score

Do you think i have missed out something while inputting our details on the CRS
or that's just the score we have

What else can be done to improve the score at least to get to 500
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by martAKINOLA(m): 11:16am On Mar 15
Hi. please i've sent you a mail please do respond.

BEYEIs:
Good evening everyone,

Please I am about to restart my Canadian journey and I have couple of questions.

Let me just delve right into it.

I am a Software developer with more than 3 years of experience

I am aged 31 going to 32 on 1st of April

My qualification is HND

I am currently running my HND conversion which I will be rounding up end of this year.

I have evaluated my HND with WES sometimes in the past(2022) and WES evaluated it to be 3 years diploma and a year Post graduate.

Here is my real question

Does it mean I am having 2 Two certs, meaning "my level of education" will be Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years?

Thanks all, please I await your reply and advise soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nwacanada: 11:45am On Mar 15
Hi Everyone...POST ITA here

Please I need urgent help....I am about submitting my application but my old passport expires in October and I renewed and got a new one....Should I upload just the old one or both?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mercifull(f): 12:13pm On Mar 15
Nwacanada:
Hi Everyone...POST ITA here

Please I need urgent help....I am about submitting my application but my old passport expires in October and I renewed and got a new one....Should I upload just the old one or both?

If you have renewed, then they should have cancelled the old one. You only use the new one now. Upload the new one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nwacanada: 12:37pm On Mar 15
Thanks alot

mercifull:

If you have renewed, then they should have cancelled the old one. You only use the new one now. Upload the new one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by martAKINOLA(m): 1:49pm On Mar 15
Hi gurus

Please trying to start the process, and starting keeps getting confusing.

Is there a page I should open first where my Wes evaluation will be sent to? Likewise IELTS?

I opened IRCC secure account and it’s showing Express Entry and I don’t have the data to fill in it yet like IELTS .

Please step one in starting

Someone should please help me out on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maria96: 3:15pm On Mar 15
martAKINOLA:
Hi gurus

Is there a page I should open first where my Wes evaluation will be sent to? Likewise IELTS?

I opened IRCC secure account and it’s showing Express Entry and I don’t have the data to fill in it yet like IELTS .

post 3 on page 1 already explains the process . Just like applying to a university you need your WAEC and jamb results first.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by martAKINOLA(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15
Maria96:
post 3 on page 1 already explains the process . Just like applying to a university you need your WAEC and jamb results first.

Wow. This example you made actually made it more easier.
Thank You.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TravelOutNig: 5:28pm On Mar 15
Try to choose the closest NOC for your Husband's foreign work experience.

Your Husband also needs high IELTS scores (if he doesn't have it).

Ayolayemi:
Hi House,

Please i am trying to enter into the Express entry pool with a profile with my Husband
I have two certificate which is my Bsc and my AAT serving as a 2 year diploma certificate
My Husband has a master's degree from UK
My working experience is more than 3 year
But for my husband, it does not give the option to pick the foreign skilled worker experience, so i cant put in any work experience for him but he has just 1 year before he went for his masters
He is a software developer and i am an auditor
I kept in all of this details and the CRS score came to a total of 477
I don't know if that is normal or something is wrong
I thought both i and my husband applying will give us a better CSR score
I all maxed out all the IELTS score

Do you think i have missed out something while inputting our details on the CRS
or that's just the score we have

What else can be done to improve the score at least to get to 500
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:59am On Mar 16
martAKINOLA:
Hi gurus

You will be more confused when you land Canada. Don’t mind my joke, read page one then come back here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ishoba: 4:50am On Mar 16
A friend already in Canada(studying) got expression of interest from a province but the employer and job title the agent filled during visa application is different from the one she filled in the pool.
I suggested that she add the 2 employers, share the hours of work equally and explained she was doing 2 jobs since they correlate somehow.

Pls, Whats are thought guys?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 5:24am On Mar 16
tshtsh:

The canadian government ought to have complemented these immigration programs with aggressive housing construction, hospitals, parks...
Rather you have so many students coming to study in canada and a severe housing shortage making people spend most of their income on housing. Even immigrants are becoming anti-immigration

Serious issue.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by amikable97: 8:23am On Mar 16
AyabaS:

Update on my sister’s application
ITA- Oct 26
AOR- Nov 18
BIL/MIL- Jan 26
Biometrics completed- Feb 13
Medical passed- Feb 19
Eligibility &BGV completed on tracker- Mar 12
Final decision- Mar 12
PPR- Mar 13
The visa office the PPR came from is RROC. I didn’t submit the cash salary certificate, only reference letter. Also, we were just working on opening dorm account to top up her POF since some people have been getting ADR but thankfully no ADR.

Goodluck to everyone still at the various stages.
Adios!
Congratulations to your sister!
I am still in the journey myself. But I have a question regarding the reference letter and cash cert. Did she indicate in the reference letter that she was paid in cash? Or she just indicated that she was paid a certain amount?. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 9:56am On Mar 16
dest4real:

What does this translate to USD? how much USD is 220,000K? What exchange rate did they use?

That's in naira.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by makhu007: 9:56am On Mar 16
overlord77:
Hello everyone,

Real quick, how do i book for medicals with IOM? the appointment system is not working for me. Does anyone have a direct phone number i can reach them on? I tried the 3 I saw online but none is going through.

Send them an email. They would book the apppoinment for you. The email is on their website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dest4real(m): 10:26am On Mar 16
aurorae1:

That's in naira.

So, we can now pay using a Naira debit card?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 11:06am On Mar 16
dest4real:

So, we can now pay using a Naira debit card?

I'm not sure, I never did pay for the exam. Try it and see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (629) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: IvyTutors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.