Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1045431 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ishoba: 11:24am On Mar 16
Any idea pls?
Ishoba:
A friend already in Canada(studying) got expression of interest from a province but the employer and job title the agent filled during visa application is different from the one she filled in the pool.
I suggested that she add the 2 employers, share the hours of work equally and explained she was doing 2 jobs since they correlate somehow.

Pls, Whats are thought guys?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by overlord77: 2:11pm On Mar 16
makhu007:

Send them an email. They would book the apppoinment for you. The email is on their website.

Thank you. I eventually got through to them. It's sorted now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mcvona1: 3:02pm On Mar 16
Please can someone add me to any Tech pathway Pr group
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 4:02pm On Mar 16
amikable97:

Congratulations to your sister!
I am still in the journey myself. But I have a question regarding the reference letter and cash cert. Did she indicate in the reference letter that she was paid in cash? Or she just indicated that she was paid a certain amount?. Thanks in anticipation

No, the letter didn’t indicate that it was cash. She uploaded only the ref letter to keep it simple and not invite unnecessary scrutiny. However, she had her employer sign the cash salary certificate and monthly payslips and kept them in the event of an ADR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 5:07pm On Mar 16
Dauphine:
You are supposed to evaluate the degree that would give you the highest score in your case, masters. Evaluating your bachelor’s degree is not necessary. I don’t know how it works if you evaluate your bachelors and try to evaluate your masters down the line.
Thanks so much Dauphine. I had to call them directly and they’ve agreed to hold on to my evaluation till I submit my MSc in future.
The lady said they’re gonna evaluate both my BSc and MSc since they have almost completed the BSc evaluation.

I do not know what that results to in the long run as everyone evaluates the highest degree. Make dem no come give me 2 or more certificates for my MSc o (na Tinubu go settle am 😂).

Should I call back to cancel the BSc and still hold till I present my MSc later on ?

Everybody please 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16
Nwacanada:
Hi Everyone...POST ITA here

Please I need urgent help....I am about submitting my application but my old passport expires in October and I renewed and got a new one....Should I upload just the old one or both?

Both
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ishoba: 8:00pm On Mar 16
Pls can you help with sample of the cash salary certificate?
AyabaS:

No, the letter didn’t indicate that it was cash. She uploaded only the ref letter to keep it simple and not invite unnecessary scrutiny. However, she had her employer sign the cash salary certificate and monthly payslips and kept them in the event of an ADR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 9:11pm On Mar 16
Ishoba:
Pls can you help with sample of the cash salary certificate?

Check page 1. That’s also where I got it from.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by wondychiqe: 10:30pm On Mar 16
Woow how time flies! Last time I was here was 2020 where I missed the last draw cos I was remarking IELTS. Haunted me for the past years. Ready to try again but I will be 30 by July so I need to hurry. I will write IELTS by May again.🥲

Please where can I learn French in Abuja and the cost please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:59am On Mar 17
wondychiqe:
Woow how time flies! Last time I was here was 2020 where I missed the last draw cos I was remarking IELTS. Haunted me for the past years. Ready to try again but I will be 30 by July so I need to hurry. I will write IELTS by May again.🥲

…. https://maps.app./gRiawYLLsh9okBxf6?g_st=iw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Vousmevoyez(f): 3:04am On Mar 17
A couple things..

1. Yes, applying with a spouse can make or break your CRS. Depending on your profile, adding your spouse can increase your CRS, decrease it, or leave your CRS unaffected negatively or positively.

2. While your husband has only 1 year of foreign work experience, you might want to consider him being the principal applicant because his NOC is in demand. I believe the last Ontario tech draw was 471-480. While the lowest STEM cutoff for category based draw so far was 481. With the info you provided, if your husband maxes out IELTS or another English exam equivalent, is less than 30yo, y’all’s CRS with him as the principal applicant will be around 458 (recalculate this yourself to confirm). Maybe there might be a PNP tech draw within his CRS range in the near future so it’s good for him to get in the pool quick and also Express Interest in provinces where you need to take action first to be invited for PNP so y’all don’t miss an opportunity.

3. I believe his NOC is more in demand than yours. If he hasn’t taken IELTS and done an ECA, have him do this. Create separate profiles with both of you as the main applicant and each other’s dependents on the two accounts, and who ever gets ITA or PNP first should proceed as the main applicant and you can withdraw the other person’s profile.
Ayolayemi:
Hi House,

Please i am trying to enter into the Express entry pool with a profile with my Husband
I have two certificate which is my Bsc and my AAT serving as a 2 year diploma certificate
My Husband has a master's degree from UK
My working experience is more than 3 year
But for my husband, it does not give the option to pick the foreign skilled worker experience, so i cant put in any work experience for him but he has just 1 year before he went for his masters
He is a software developer and i am an auditor
I kept in all of this details and the CRS score came to a total of 477
I don't know if that is normal or something is wrong
I thought both i and my husband applying will give us a better CSR score
I all maxed out all the IELTS score

Do you think i have missed out something while inputting our details on the CRS
or that's just the score we have

What else can be done to improve the score at least to get to 500

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 6:25am On Mar 17
wondychiqe:

Its never too late I believe. French and Category based draws can be a rescuer.
For French, I'd advise a tutor(private if possible) for the structure and maybe speed.
Else an institute. IEF and Alliance Française are good. Do check the TCF/TEF thread.

French is a long term game, with so many variables, so giving an exact figure is dicey. It's pricey especially now but not for what it's worth.
The exam price has also been increased to #700k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by wondychiqe: 8:17am On Mar 17
Thank you so much for this reply 👏

aurorae1:

Its never too late I believe. French and Category based draws can be a rescuer.
For French, I'd advise a tutor(private if possible) for the structure and maybe speed.
Else an institute. IEF and Alliance Française are good. Do check the TCF/TEF thread.

French is a long term game, with so many variables, so giving an exact figure is dicey. It's pricey especially now but not for what it's worth.
The exam price has also been increased to #700k.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayolayemi: 9:01am On Mar 17
Thank you for the detailed explanation, my husband is above 30 years and i am 27, that's why i thought it would be better if i am the main applicant. I have just done the CRS now, if my husband is the main applicant with IELST maxed out, the score is 443
and if i am the main applicant the score is still 477. And this is will both of us maxing out IELST.
Our exam is next month so we can enter the pool and hope for a PNP nomination.
I have done my WES already, so it's just left with my husband's WES.

Vousmevoyez:
A couple things..

1. Yes, applying with a spouse can make or break your CRS. Depending on your profile, adding your spouse can increase your CRS, decrease it, or leave your CRS unaffected negatively or positively.

2. While your husband has only 1 year of foreign work experience, you might want to consider him being the principal applicant because his NOC is in demand. I believe the last Ontario tech draw was 471-480. While the lowest STEM cutoff for category based draw so far was 481. With the info you provided, if your husband maxes out IELTS or another English exam equivalent, is less than 30yo, y’all’s CRS with him as the principal applicant will be around 458 (recalculate this yourself to confirm). Maybe there might be a PNP tech draw within his CRS range in the near future so it’s good for him to get in the pool quick and also Express Interest in provinces where you need to take action first to be invited for PNP so y’all don’t miss an opportunity.

3. I believe his NOC is more in demand than yours. If he hasn’t taken IELTS and done an ECA, have him do this. Create separate profiles with both of you as the main applicant and each other’s dependents on the two accounts, and who ever gets ITA or PNP first should proceed as the main applicant and you can withdraw the other person’s profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ziinnie: 9:19am On Mar 17
Hello House,

Please see my timeline
AOR: 14th Jan
MEP: Passed
BIO: Passed
Eligibility: Passed
Info Sharing: Completed
Security and Criminality: Not started
PVO/SVO: Ottawa/Sydney

However on GCKey, it says “Your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start your background check”

It has been this way for about 3weeks.. is this IP1?
Has anyone had a similar status..how long did it take to change

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by supertonex(m): 5:45pm On Mar 17
what I did was to first evaluate my BSc which was what I had then, and when I had my MSc I also uploaded. By holding on the evaluation for BSc, you cant even get the points for that. If your points are high enough, I'd suggest you evaluate the BSc still (just maybe it'll be enough to qualify you for the next draw) and when the MSc is ready, evaluate also. Your scores will be updated when you update your profile. It also depends on availability of funds sha.

Emeoko24:

Thanks so much Dauphine. I had to call them directly and they’ve agreed to hold on to my evaluation till I submit my MSc in future.
The lady said they’re gonna evaluate both my BSc and MSc since they have almost completed the BSc evaluation.

I do not know what that results to in the long run as everyone evaluates the highest degree. Make dem no come give me 2 or more certificates for my MSc o (na Tinubu go settle am 😂).

Should I call back to cancel the BSc and still hold till I present my MSc later on ?

Everybody please 🙏
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Switchbuck41: 5:46pm On Mar 17
Hi guys, so I’m asking these questions on behalf of my brother. He is traditionally married with two kids and wants to start the PR process. Does he have to do the court wedding too? Or a traditional wedding will suffice?
Also he is a pharmacist. I saw that a pharmacist does not qualify for the healthcare category…BUT pharmacist technicians or assistants do. He worked as one for two years before he was able to his license in Nigeria (backstory, his pharmacy degree was from UK but moved back to Nigeria and worked as a pharmacy assistant for two years before he eventually got his license to practice in Nigeria) . So can he claim that even tho he is a pharmacist right now? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 1:23am On Mar 18
Wishing you the very best. You can try Institute Du Francais

wondychiqe:
Woow how time flies! Last time I was here was 2020 where I missed the last draw cos I was remarking IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by onuwaje(m): 3:49am On Mar 18
Hello all,
Please can anyone kindly guide me on how gift deed works and how to go about it?.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 4:06am On Mar 18
onuwaje:
Hello all,
Please can anyone kindly guide me on how gift deed works and how to go about it?.
Thanks in anticipation.
Check the first page. You'll find all the information you need there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emeoko24: 9:30am On Mar 18
supertonex:
what I did was to first evaluate my BSc which was what I had then, and when I had my MSc I also uploaded. By holding on the evaluation for BSc, you cant even get the points for that. If your points are high enough, I'd suggest you evaluate the BSc still (just maybe it'll be enough to qualify you for the next draw) and when the MSc is ready, evaluate also. Your scores will be updated when you update your profile. It also depends on availability of funds sha.
Thanks for your advise. My BSc alone will not take me this far because I don old already (very late 30’s).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oyewunmi090: 11:12am On Mar 18
Hello House, i started my journey with the motivation of this thread:

I took IELTS in February 2024 and i have 8.5 band score.

I will be 30 years old by October.

I have a BSc from University of Lagos (I already paid WES for evaluation and I'm waiting on Unilag to send my transcript).
Post graduate diploma course in Lasu (Currently in the final semester - transcript should be ready by December).
I also concluded the ICSAN program since December and graduation will be by June (Transcript is available).

I have 2 small registered Limited companies i run; I'm also a manager at a firm where i work.

I need help with the following:
1. Should i send my ICSAN transcript to WES in addition to the Bsc since it's a postgraduate program or i should just continue with the Bsc, or just wait for LASU's postgraduate diploma certificate.

2. In the work experience field, do i need to include the companies i founded myself? Also do i need to include companies i interned in the past or i should just limit to my current place of work and maybe one earlier.

3. The provincial jobs, how best do i get one? It's confusing.

I'm single, no relative in canada. CRS score is 473. what are my chances?

Please assist, i don't want to waste my IELTS score. I wish to secure this!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miss20(f): 2:55pm On Mar 18
Hello house, Thanks to everyone commenting and sharing knowledge on this thread. Please, are there any Scrum Masters here? I'm a bit confused about what the NOC code for Scrum Masters should be.

Also, please, is there a thread or link for those moving to Canada from the UK? Kindly Share, Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MayorOfEdmonton: 4:25pm On Mar 18
Hi,

For PR purpose, he will need a marriage certificate from the registry.

For category based healthcare pathway, he only needs at least 6 months as Pharmacy technician/assistant the other 2years 6 months or more can be as a pharmacist/pharmacy assistant.
So he can use the 2 years pharmacy technician /assistant experience he has in addition to 1 or 2 years as pharmacist. He should be fine.

Switchbuck41:
Hi guys, so I’m asking these questions on behalf of my brother. He is traditionally married with two kids and wants to start the PR process. Does he have to do the court wedding too? Or a traditional wedding will suffice?
Also he is a pharmacist. I saw that a pharmacist does not qualify for the healthcare category…BUT pharmacist technicians or assistants do. He worked as one for two years before he was able to his license in Nigeria (backstory, his pharmacy degree was from UK but moved back to Nigeria and worked as a pharmacy assistant for two years before he eventually got his license to practice in Nigeria) . So can he claim that even tho he is a pharmacist right now? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by wondychiqe: 5:03pm On Mar 18
Hi, just seeing this, the link is not opening. Thank you
Profgordons:
…. https://maps.app./gRiawYLLsh9okBxf6?g_st=iw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by martAKINOLA(m): 1:00pm On Mar 19
Good Afternoon Gurus in the House

I want to evaluate my HND transcript with WES, My school is asking if they'll have to send the hard copy to wes or only the soft copy

The hard copy costs extra charges while the soft copy is free. which one should i tell them to do?

Does Wes need hard copy for evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MayorOfEdmonton: 2:59pm On Mar 19
I think a good question will be how did they send for other students in the past? Most schools already have a working system.

To send official electronic transcript(not student copy) to WES, I think the school needs to create an account with WES and the email has to originate from registrar’s/Exams&records dept(e.g registrar@unilag.com NOT xyz@yahoo.com)

You can reach out to WES to be really sure.

martAKINOLA:

I want to evaluate my HND transcript with WES, My school is asking if they'll have to send the hard copy to wes or only the soft copy

The hard copy costs extra charges while the soft copy is free. which one should i tell them to do?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bimmms: 5:26pm On Mar 19
Relocating abroad and you want to sell your cars household items like furniture ,electronics contact Bimbo on 08168064058 ,lagos only

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by obalolaunited(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19
aycd44:

Please I am also interested in the CELPIP MATERIALS.

aycd446@gmail.com
Thank you

hello, kindly help me with the celpip materials
my mail mancheeutd@gmail.com

Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19
martAKINOLA:

My school sent a soft copy to WES and afterwards I received my WES assessment. Soft copy is enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TITILOLA88: 1:25pm On Mar 20
Hi,

Who is traveling to Winnipeg with Air France on the 22nd of May here?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by askarachi: 4:51pm On Mar 20
Hi please I’ll like to get it from Ottawa. How do I go about it?
tshtsh:

You can get it at the nigerian high commission in Ottawa. Application is by post but will cost about $100. Kindly let me know if you get any lead on how to get it in Nigeria. I have been procrastinating getting it. May be cheaper to get in Nigeria than here

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.