Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,433 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1042830 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 2:35pm On Mar 23
Hello, I have tried to pay my visa fee,it's not working, can I ask someone to pay for me?

Application after ITA .
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MoreTech(m): 3:24pm On Mar 23
Lance008:
Please house I just received my trade certificate for plumbing apprentice
Can I apply for work with that ?

@Lance008, Pls can you enlighten me on how more on the trade certitude and how relevant is it to the CRS?

I am about to apply for trade certificate too.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 3:34pm On Mar 23
Honeysweetest:
Hello, I have tried to pay my visa fee,it's not working, can I ask someone to pay for me?

Application after ITA .
Thank you.

Were you using a Naira card? I haven't heard of it working.
If you have someone abroad who can pay for you, that'll take care of it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by IamKafee(f): 4:54pm On Mar 23
Hello,

1. Please, can I upload my spouse's statement of account instead of mine as POF and use only a consent letter to prove that I have access to the money?
If yes, would the consent letter be uploaded along with the Statement of account in the POF field ?

2. Is there a need for me as the principal applicant to also upload my statement of account?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayolayemi: 6:32pm On Mar 23
Hi house,

I am back with another question, my IELTS is in May (1ST week) for both i and my fiancé. The issue i have here now is that my court wedding is in August, we wanted to do it in July but UK wahala, we only got a date in August.
But we want to enter into the pool as one applicant and we want to join immediately after our exam cos that is the only outstanding document.
But by May we are not married legally married.

How else can we enter the pool as one applicant with out court marriage certificate.

Do we have to wait till August when we do the court wedding before we can enter the pool

If we enter individually as single people, his score will be 440 and mine is 474

Though he is a software engineer but he only has 1 year working experience and he is above 30 years

What can we do please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 6:35pm On Mar 23
aurorae1:

Were you using a Naira card? I haven't heard of it working.
If you have someone abroad who can pay for you, that'll take care of it.
Thank you, I don't have any abroad, but I have someone here with a dorm account, wondering if he can make the payment for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 7:37pm On Mar 23
Honeysweetest:
Thank you, I don't have any abroad, but I have someone here with a dorm account, wondering if he can make the payment for me.
Use the dom (it's the same as using someone abroad)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:55pm On Mar 23
Ayolayemi:
Hi house,

I am back with another question, my IELTS is in May (1ST week) for both i and my fiancé. The issue i have here now is that my court wedding is in August, we wanted to do it in July but UK wahala, we only got a date in August.
But we want to enter into the pool as one applicant and we want to join immediately after our exam cos that is the only outstanding document.

How else can we enter the pool as one applicant with out court marriage certificate.

Do we have to wait till August when we do the court wedding before we can enter the pool

If we enter individually as single people, his score will be 440 and mine is 474

Though he is a software engineer but he only has 1 year working experience and he is above 30 years

What can we do please.

To answer the question in red - you can't. You can (or maybe I should say "should" ) only enter the pool as a couple (i.e. one person adds the other as "spouse" ) if you are indeed married or in a common law relationship AFAIK....remember your responses are supposed to be honest, so if you are not married nor in a common law relationship then, you aren't......you are very single cheesy

However, each of you can create a profile today and enter the pool as single people.

One of you may get ITA before the wedding, in which case, the person submits their application, and when you marry in August, the person with the PR application adds spouse post AOR.

If neither of you get ITA before the wedding, then I believe you can each add the other person as spouse on your individual profiles...this will affect each person's CRS though.

Pls study page 1..... FAQ 5, 9 and 34 kind of cover this.

Why you are so keen to enter the pool as "one"?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pepman: 8:02pm On Mar 23
Hello Guru in the house please help, a friend just got NOI from OINP HCS. He has the following questions:

My IELTS is expiring end of April while my passport expires first week of May. I may not be able to get new passport within 45.day. Here my questions:

1. If I submit application to OINP with IELTS that would expire next month. What’s the implication when it expires? Do I have to write a new IELTS?

2. can I apply with the passport that’s about to expire and then use webform to update when I receive new passport?

3. My EE profile expires end of March, if I create new profile before submitting application, do I still need to inform OINP about the new profile.

thanks as I await you kind assistance and advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23
Express Entry allows for common law marriage. This is the definition according to Canadian immigration:

To be considered common-law partners, they must have cohabited for at least one year. This is the standard definition used across the federal government. It means continuous cohabitation for one year, not intermittent cohabitation adding up to one year.

Does your relationship qualify under that definition? If yes and you have evidence to show, then you can add your fiancé as your common-law partner.

Ayolayemi:
Hi house,

What can we do please.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 8:28pm On Mar 23
studycenter:
Use the dom (it's the same as using someone abroad)
thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:46pm On Mar 23
Pepman:
Hello Guru in the house please help, a friend just got NOI from OINP HCS. He has the following questions:

My IELTS is expiring end of April while my passport expires first week of May. I may not be able to get new passport within 45.day. Here my questions:

1. If I submit application to OINP with IELTS that would expire next month. What’s the implication when it expires? Do I have to write a new IELTS?

2. can I apply with the passport that’s about to expire and then use webform to update when I receive new passport?

3. My EE profile expires end of March, if I create new profile before submitting application, do I still need to inform OINP about the new profile.

thanks as I await you kind assistance and advice

Question 3
- see link and screenshot https://www.ontario.ca/page/applying-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp

Other important info about granting OINP access to his ECA report and the new requirement for a consent letter are on the OINP webpage.

Question 1 - his profile will become ineligible once his IELTS expires...he must rewrite IELTS......and update the new results before expiry of the old IELTS result.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayolayemi: 12:00am On Mar 24
I wanted us to enter as a couple cos our individual CRS score is low
Me as an individual my score is 474.
My fiancé is 440 as a single applicant
If we enter as a couple and i am the main applicant our score will be 477
And if he is the main applicant, our score will be 452

GraciousWords:

To answer the question in red - you can't. You can (or maybe I should say "should" ) only enter the pool as a couple (i.e. one person adds the other as "spouse" ) if you are indeed married or in a common law relationship AFAIK....remember your responses are supposed to be honest, so if you are not married nor in a common law relationship then, you aren't......

However, each of you can create a profile today and enter the pool as single people.

One of you may get ITA before the wedding, in which case, the person submits their application, and when you marry in August, the person with the PR application adds spouse post AOR.

If neither of you get ITA before the wedding, then I believe you can each add the other person as spouse on your individual profiles...this will affect each person's CRS though.

Pls study page 1..... FAQ 5, 9 and 34 kind of cover this.

Why you are so keen to enter the pool as "one"?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayolayemi: 12:01am On Mar 24
No we have never lived together before.

79733139:
Express Entry allows for common law marriage. This is the definition according to Canadian immigration:

To be considered common-law partners, they must have cohabited for at least one year. This is the standard definition used across the federal government. It means continuous cohabitation for one year, not intermittent cohabitation adding up to one year.

Does your relationship qualify under that definition? If yes and you have evidence to show, then you can add your fiancé as your common-law partner.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Akinbolaola(f): 12:20am On Mar 24
aycd44:

Please I am also interested in the CELPIP MATERIALS.

aycd446@gmail.com
Thank you

aishat1665@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 12:34am On Mar 24
Honeysweetest:

Doesn't hurt to try. Hopefully it works.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Star721: 7:00am On Mar 24
Mcvona1:
Please can someone add me to any Tech pathway Pr group

Were you added? Please add me too. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yusufhaji(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24
Between CELPIP and IELTS, which one is easier to pass
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Elsah(f): 2:40pm On Mar 24
Hello everyone. Goodafternoon. I will appreciate some guidance from here. I got 7.5 in my IELTs and I’ve evaluated my transcripts. But while trying to apply for the express entry, I answered some assessment questions on the portal which says I’m not eligible for the entry. Does this mean I should abandon the application? I’m a little confused and I don’t really what to do next.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 3:02pm On Mar 24
Elsah:
Hello everyone. Goodafternoon. I will appreciate some guidance from here. I got 7.5 in my IELTs and I’ve evaluated my transcripts. But while trying to apply for the express entry, I answered some assessment questions on the portal which says I’m not eligible for the entry. Does this mean I should abandon the application? I’m a little confused and I don’t really what to do next.

Did you get at least L/R/S/W = 6/6/6/6

You must get at least band 6 in ALL tests for you to be able to use the IELTS results.

Did you choose Québec as the province in which you want to reside? If yes, then that's why it says that you were ineligible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 79733139(m): 3:05pm On Mar 24
yusufhaji:
Between CELPIP and IELTS, which one is easier to pass

The one that you can get the most materials and resources on. Everything is about how much materials you can get and the amount and quality of your preparation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:43pm On Mar 24
Ayolayemi:
I wanted us to enter as a couple cos our individual CRS score is low
Me as an individual my score is 474.
My fiancé is 440 as a single applicant
If we enter as a couple and i am the main applicant our score will be 477
And if he is the main applicant, our score will be 452

Since you are both single as of today, why not create a profile each...it's never a good idea to delay entering the pool.

Does your partner have only 1 year work experience in the last 10 years? If he has more years of WE (within the last 10 years) in other NOCs, he could add these too (even though his software NOC will be the primary one). Read FAQ 14 and 15

Also see if your JD fits any CBD category NOCs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bobjob: 4:27pm On Mar 24
Hello, I need clarification please. On the crs calculator, only brother and sister are classified as relatives. However, more options are given including aunt and uncles when checking for eligibility as attached.
Can I get extra points if I have an uncle who is a citizen in canada?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 6:25pm On Mar 24
bobjob:
Hello, I need clarification please. On the crs calculator, only brother and sister are classified as relatives. However, more options are given including aunt and uncles when checking for eligibility as attached.
Can I get extra points if I have an uncle who is a citizen in canada?

It's a little confusing, but....

Any relative, other than your sibling or the sibling of your spouse/common law partner, adds ZERO to your CRS but could add 5 points to your eligibility score. If I had over 67 in eligibility, I wouldn't bother to claim eligibility points from a non-sibling relative.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kronos1: 7:20pm On Mar 24
Elsah:

You probably made a mistake in filling out your form that resulted in getting the ineligible message, if you check maybe in the work hours or the funds.
You may have to create a new profile and avoid any mistake.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bobjob: 7:38pm On Mar 24
Ok thanks
GraciousWords:

It's a little confusing, but....

Any relative, other than your sibling or the sibling of your spouse/common law partner, adds ZERO to your CRS but could add 5 points to your eligibility score. If I had over 67 in eligibility, I wouldn't bother to claim eligibility points from a non-sibling relative.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by BiyiTudors: 8:28pm On Mar 24
Good evening everyone, thank you so much for all the work you do.

I have a question I am hoping someone with experience can answer.

Is it possible that an edit in work experience ( no change of NOC code or years of experience) after receiving NOI from Ontario can later backfire post- ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nnamdi346: 10:54pm On Mar 24
If you're familiar with the Alberta Express Entry PNP stream - Primary Occupation and Family Connection, I have a question. My job, with NOC code 21222, is listed as an occupation in demand. However, I don't have any family members who are permanent residents or citizens of Alberta. I'm currently on an open work permit.

Do I still have a chance to receive an invitation under this stream? Has anyone been in this situation or a similar situation before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pepman: 10:58pm On Mar 24
Thanks
GraciousWords:

Question 3
- see link and screenshot https://www.ontario.ca/page/applying-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp

Other important info about granting OINP access to his ECA report and the new requirement for a consent letter are on the OINP webpage.

Question 1 - his profile will become ineligible once his IELTS expires...he must rewrite IELTS......and update the new results before expiry of the old IELTS result.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pepman: 10:59pm On Mar 24
Can someone please confirm if Deed of gift from parent is still a good and acceptable for POF? Like someone daddy deposit lumpsum into the applicants account to use as POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 1:22am On Mar 25
Pepman:
Can someone please confirm if Deed of gift from parent is still a good and acceptable for POF? Like someone daddy deposit lumpsum into the applicants account to use as POF.

Yes, a deed of gift is still acceptable.

Make sure in the description, your dad puts “gift deed” there so that it reflects when you print out your statement of account.

Also, when submitting your application, include any of your dads signed means of ID (intl passport, Drivers license, etc) as part of the docs you’re submitting for POF.

All the best!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yusufhaji(m): 8:03am On Mar 25
Please what's the minimum IELTS score for an express entry application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: ayodijex(m), Bassman14 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.