Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1042801 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lush100(m): 10:52am On Mar 26
Hello
It was long I tried the Canada thing.
It says my gc-keys have been revoked when I tried logging in.
Pls how do I recover the information I typed earlier using the same e-mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Arrowhead12: 10:54am On Mar 26
Hello everyone.

I’d like to ask two questions and I would really appreciate your thoughts/answers.

1. Regarding the POF. The required amount specified on IRCC’s website is 13,757 Canadian Dollars. I entered 13757 Canadian Dollars as the amount I intend to bring with me to Canada. The truth is my POF will be in USD and before I accept my ITA I would have had at least 10,000 USD or more in the proposed account which is around 13,800 Canadian Dollars. Is it a problem if the USD equivalent is more than the 13,757 Canadian Dollars I mentioned in my Express Entry profile? Also, the USD account I am using is more or less the only USD account I have and I use it to make payments for foreign services in USD, can I continue to use this account for such payments provided that after I have accepted ITA, the overall balance of the account doesn’t go below the USD equivalent of 13,757 Canadian Dollars at any given time or it is advisable that I leave the account and not make deposits or withdrawals from it?

2. On work experience, I only mentioned my current employer in my Express Entry profile. I’ve been working with them since 4th of April 2021 for 35 hours weekly. The Express Entry platform calculates that as 3 years worth of work experience. I would like to confirm if it is okay to proceed with accepting the ITA I got yesterday as I still have a little doubt that 3 years experience would literally mean 4th April 2021 till 3rd April 2024. Does IRCC count just the months and not the exact number of days? Or does the fact that I work 35 hours per week instead of the IRCC minimum of 30 hours per week make me eligible to claim 3 years of work experience? I’m willing to decline the ITA I got from the recent general draw till April 3rd 2024 and get another ITA either for the general draw or French draw.

Thank you for your responses. And I apologise if my questions sound a little dumb. I’m just trying to make sure that the Post-ITA steps go as smoothly as possible.

I would also appreciate it if any one knows of any WhatsApp or Telegram group for Post-ITA discussions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 11:57am On Mar 26
Arrowhead12:
Hello everyone.

I’d like to ask two questions and I would really appreciate your thoughts/answers.

1. Regarding the POF. The required amount specified on IRCC’s website is 13,757 Canadian Dollars. I entered 13757 Canadian Dollars as the amount I intend to bring with me to Canada. The truth is my POF will be in USD and before I accept my ITA I would have had at least 10,000 USD or more in the proposed account which is around 13,800 Canadian Dollars. Is it a problem if the USD equivalent is more than the 13,757 Canadian Dollars I mentioned in my Express Entry profile? Also, the USD account I am using is more or less the only USD account I have and I use it to make payments for foreign services in USD, can I continue to use this account for such payments provided that after I have accepted ITA, the overall balance of the account doesn’t go below the USD equivalent of 13,757 Canadian Dollars at any given time or it is advisable that I leave the account and not make deposits or withdrawals from it?

2. On work experience, I only mentioned my current employer in my Express Entry profile. I’ve been working with them since 4th of April 2021 for 35 hours weekly. The Express Entry platform calculates that as 3 years worth of work experience. I would like to confirm if it is okay to proceed with accepting the ITA I got yesterday as I still have a little doubt that 3 years experience would literally mean 4th April 2021 till 3rd April 2024. Does IRCC count just the months and not the exact number of days? Or does the fact that I work 35 hours per week instead of the IRCC minimum of 30 hours per week make me eligible to claim 3 years of work experience? I’m willing to decline the ITA I got from the recent general draw till April 3rd 2024 and get another ITA either for the general draw or French draw.

Thank you for your responses. And I apologise if my questions sound a little dumb. I’m just trying to make sure that the Post-ITA steps go as smoothly as possible.

I would also appreciate it if any one knows of any WhatsApp or Telegram group for Post-ITA discussions.
1. There's no limit to how much you can have in your bank account (long as it's not less than the required POF).

You can continue using your bank account but the balance can not be less than the required POF.

2. Accept your ITA, you have about 60days to submit your application (you can wait till April to submit application if you have doubt about the date)

30hrs is the minimum. You can have a work hour more than that but not less.

Read more on the thread to get more understanding

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Elsah(f): 1:32pm On Mar 26
amikable97:

Write it as 13800 without commas. Usually when you include comma it throws back the ineligible message.

Okay. I will. Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MayorOfEdmonton: 3:15pm On Mar 26
You make very valid points, nothing beats studying/research. It Has been saving lives since 1900

I however feel the bolded general statement below depends on the work/job in question especially if it’s medical related.
In my opinion, you can’t have a degree in economics and have work experience as a doctor/pharmacist/Medical Lab scientist, I believe there’s a reason why the employment requirement is stated on the NOC code description.
Understandably an engineering graduate can switch to IT or banking or barber😁, infact I know a guy couple years ago who got ADR to explain the switch from Engineering to banking officer. Thankfully he had firstbank banking school completion certificate, he just sent it. Whilst most people usually don’t get such ADR, Medical related professions however is specialty job that only a formal schooling qualifies one to practice/be employed.

The op has a degree in biochemistry and worked after formal(on-the-job) training as a lab scientist. both are related in my opinion.
#MyThoughts

GraciousWords:
In my early days of pursuing EE. I read a PPR story here...part 5...that highlighted to me the importance of reading and research….

I've seen people's apps rejected for small/minor things like PCC obtained before leaving one's former country of residence or ECA done was not for immigration. The one wey dey pain pass na lost opportunities...like when someone misinforms a prospective applicant that their work and education must match. Or that your NOC must be for your current job......Or that if your POF no complete for 6 months no even bother to apply!

Anyway sha...wetin I wan talk be say make we dey try dey study small.

#StudyPage1
#RamblingsOfAPR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:54pm On Mar 26
MayorOfEdmonton:
You make very valid points, nothing beats studying/research. It Has been saving lives since 1900

I however feel the bolded general statement below depends on the work/job in question especially if it’s medical related.
In my opinion, you can’t have a degree in economics and have work experience as a doctor/pharmacist/Medical Lab scientist, I believe there’s a reason why the employment requirement is stated on the NOC code description.
Understandably an engineering graduate can switch to IT or banking or barber😁, infact I know a guy couple years ago who got ADR to explain the switch from Engineering to banking officer. Thankfully he had firstbank banking school completion certificate, he just sent it. Whilst most people usually don’t get such ADR, Medical related professions however is specialty job that only a formal schooling qualifies one to practice/be employed

The op has a degree in biochemistry and worked after formal(on-the-job) training as a lab scientist. both are related in my opinion.
#MyThoughts

Thanks for bringing up this important point.

Black Bold - IRCC has told us that we do not need to satisfy the education requirements of the NOC we choose, which we both seem to agree to, in general. Bone of contention is medical field https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/537#101136249

Purple Bold - You may be right especially with the doctor example, which is valid (edited Page 1 to read "except you're a doctor or pharmacist"..... to be fair IRCC asks for a special body to evaluate the ECA for those 2). However, I think (could be wrong) there may be some medical jobs that one can perform competently without a previous degree e.g. auxiliary nurses, where they learn on the job.

A VO is free to ask for ADR during his assessment, however even for medical job, I'm not sure he is free to reject an application because the applicant did not have the education requirements for said job/NOC, provided the applicant actually did perform the duties and can prove it (as your friend did with evidence of training or some other person with a medical job could do with evidence of haven learnt on the job).

This would be a good one to see a judicial review judgement on...like the law, professional degree WES matter smiley

#MyThoughts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MayorOfEdmonton: 4:32pm On Mar 26
I agree with with you. Thank you for offering another perspective, it was enlightening.😊😊
The visa officer can’t simply reject an application because of employment requirements in NOC code not met.
If he has any reservations, he will simply ask for proof.
Thanks for the good work you keep doing here. All the best🙌🏼🙌🏼

GraciousWords:

Black Bold - IRCC has told us that we do not need to satisfy the education requirements of the NOC we choose, which we both seem to agree to, in general. Bone of contention is medical field https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/537#101136249

Purple Bold - You may be right especially with the doctor example, which is valid (edited Page 1 to read "except you're a doctor or pharmacist"..... to be fair IRCC asks for a special body to evaluate the ECA for those 2). However, I think (could be wrong) there may be some medical jobs that one can perform competently without a previous degree e.g. auxiliary nurses, where they learn on the job.

A VO is free to ask for ADR during his assessment, however even for medical job, I'm not sure he is free to reject an application because the applicant did not have the education requirements for said job/NOC, provided the applicant actually did perform the duties and can prove it (as your friend did with evidence of training or some other person with a medical job could do with evidence of having learnt on the job).

This would be a good one too see a judicial review judgement on...like the law, professional degree WES matter smiley

#MyThoughts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hommiekr(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26
Hello house, plz i have a question.
For someone that is an entrepreneur, that is into sales of computers and phones, what noc code does this fall into?
I've tried checking the noc codes but couldn't fine the one that it fits in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hamza05(m): 6:31pm On Mar 26
Hello guys, I just received a biometric request letter and an ADR to submit my wife’s Passport(unaccompanied), I submitted her NIN in my application.
My first question is does the Biometric request means my application has been reviewed?
My second question is should I submit her expired passport and application documents for the new one which is not out yet?
Thank you, I have seven days to reply the ADR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tsmog01: 7:12pm On Mar 26
I'm writing IELTS next month 27/4/2024,
Who can assist me to pass
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kaycherry: 7:56pm On Mar 26
Kaycherry:
Goodevening Everyone...please how long does IOM Abuja take these days to send medicals to IRCC? Is there a number I can reach them on to ask about the results or an email that I can get a response from? Coz I've tried calling with a number online and I didn't get any response...thanks

Sorted myself out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TomatoSauce1: 8:50pm On Mar 26
Hello Everyone!!!
Just got PPR!!!
Can't thank God enough

My Timeline:
ITA: Oct 26 2023 (Healthcare Occupations)
AOR: Dec 22 2023
Biometrics/Med request: Feb 27 2024
Biometrics/ Med completed: Mar 7 2024
Med Passed: March 13 2024
ADR to pay RPRF Fee: March 21 2024
RPRF Fee paid: March 24 2024
PPR Mail: March 26 2024 !!!

I started this journey a long time ago and my story is long. I'll tell my story later to encourage others.
One thing I can say is my application was far from perfect. Firstly, My gift deed wasn't notarized. Secondly, my former employer refused to give me reference. My colleague wrote a reference for me and it was also not notarized, only her ID card was attached.

I really want to thank @GraciousWord for answering my questions and above all I give God all the praise.

Full story coming soon grin

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kaycherry: 9:37pm On Mar 26
[quote author=TomatoSauce1 post=129123946]Hello Everyone!!!
Just got PPR!!!
Can't thank God enough

My Timeline:

Nice Congratulations!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 11:20pm On Mar 26
GraciousWords:

A VO is free to ask for ADR during his assessment, however even for medical job, I'm not sure he is free to reject an application because the applicant did not have the education requirements for said job/NOC, provided the applicant actually did perform the duties and can prove it (as your friend did with evidence of training or some other person with a medical job could do with evidence of haven learnt on the job).

This would be a good one to see a judicial review judgement on...like the law, professional degree WES matter smiley

#MyThoughts
You too like Judicial Review, practice law you no gree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 4:20am On Mar 27
Wow
Congratulations.

TomatoSauce1:
Hello Everyone!!!
Just got PPR!!!
Can't thank God enough

My Timeline:

I started this journey a long time ago and my story is long. I'll tell my story later to encourage others.
One thing I can say is my application was far from perfect. Firstly, My gift deed wasn't notarized. Secondly, my former employer refused to give me reference. My colleague wrote a reference for me and it was also not notarized, only her ID card was attached.

I really want to thank @GraciousWord for answering my questions and above all I give God all the praise.

Full story coming soon grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yusufhaji(m): 9:28am On Mar 27
Please is it possible to help someone to write ielts and pass?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:42am On Mar 27
yusufhaji:
Please is it possible to help someone to write ielts and pass?
It’s not possible for someone to sit for the exam on your behalf so there’s no need to talk about passing.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 10:17am On Mar 27
aurorae1:

Doesn't hurt to try. Hopefully it works.
I appreciate your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by stapes(m): 11:30am On Mar 27
I'm trying to enter the pool, already gotten my reference code and completed GCkey registration but everytime I log in to the Gckey portal, after 2fa, I get redirected and logged out to this inactive site. Am I doing something wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 11:41am On Mar 27
Profgordons:
You too like Judicial Review, practice law you no gree

grin grin grin ....come make we go regsiter with CICC na cheesy cheesy cheesy

MayorOfEdmonton:
All the best🙌🏼🙌🏼

Boss 🙌🏼
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 11:43am On Mar 27
Congrats to the PPR clinchers....your win is our win!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Priscilliade: 1:20pm On Mar 27
[b],

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Funnygirl1998: 3:27pm On Mar 27
Hi guys,

Please I need your advice/help. Is it possible to change NOC codes and work experience (companies I've worked in) after receiving a Notification of Interest from Ontario. Please note that even with the new NOC code and work experience, I'll still be eligible for the Notification of Interest or do I just create another profile and wait for the next draw ? Please your advice will be very helpful . Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hayfeez(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27
stapes:
I'm trying to enter the pool, already gotten my reference code and completed GCkey registration but everytime I log in to the Gckey portal, after 2fa, I get redirected and logged out to this inactive site. Am I doing something wrong.

Are you using MTN? Use a different service provider.
This issue is common with MTN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27
Please will I pay for WES before before I ask my school to send my transcript to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 10:53pm On Mar 27
Singingbae:
Please will I pay for WES before before I ask my school to send my transcript to WES?
I tried paying with my Naira account, it’s not going through and I receive this error response, can anyone help me with it?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 11:38pm On Mar 27
Singingbae:

I tried paying with my Naira account, it’s not going through and I receive this error response, can anyone help me with it?
You can only pay with a Foreign Currency Card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kapelvej: 1:37am On Mar 28
Dear Nairalanders,
Please how do one apostil his documents. please, it is kind of urgent
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KellyTech007: 5:29am On Mar 28
Hi ,

Please does anyone has any group where information is shared pertaining to

WHAT NEXT AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA/ GETTING PR AFTER STUDYING IN CANADA

I'll reply appreciate

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by stapes(m): 6:17am On Mar 28
Hayfeez:

Are you using MTN? Use a different service provider.
This issue is common with MTN
Thanks, I've been able to access the site.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Singingbae(m): 9:49am On Mar 28
Profgordons:
You can only pay with a Foreign Currency Card

Can I tell someone to pay from the UK for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: Bamilae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.