Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,801 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. (35570 Views)

60,000 Salary Job In A Manufacturing Co. Or 70,000 Contract Job At Stanbic Bank? / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell / Is N65k Salary Job Good Enough In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by elay44: 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
Over a million, but bills plenty. 3 no dey do me as a family man. So I have other side hustles to make up.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by Aparche(f): 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
nanceeleecious:

Thanks for taking your time to pen this.
Can you assist teach/guide on how to write the proposal?
Thanks in advance.

How To Write Effective Proposals on Freelance Platforms (using Upwork & Fiverr as case study)

Long Post Alert...

Before I start, here are 2 things you should take note of:

i) Avoid using generic copy and paste templates to send proposals...I know it's faster and easier for you, but it doesn't work.

ii) Write personalized proposal for every job post...the content should be dependent on the job post by the client.
I know it's not easy...and it will be time consuming.

But if you want clients coming into your inbox to discuss further, then your proposal had better stand out.

Now let's get into it:

1) Address your proposal to the person that posted the job... mention the person's name (if possible). Instead of writing, Hi there, Dear Sir/Madam, Hi, Hello Ma,... Do a little bit of research to get the person's name...on Fiverr you will clearly see the username of the buyer. It may not be their real name...use it like that.

On Upwork, if the person has hired & received reviews from other freelancers, if you scroll down, you may see where they mentioned the person's name.
If not...you can go ahead and use --- Hi there!

2) Show the client that you actually read and understood their post...the best way to do this is to repeat exactly what they want...

For instance if the client posted something like: I'm looking for someone to help me research and write the first lines for my cold emails outreach. I'll provide you with a list of contacts and their data, and your job would be to bla bla bla.

In your proposal, you can start by saying: Hello Karl, I see that you're looking for someone to help you research and write the first lines for your cold emails outreach...then get into the body of your proposal.

3) Body of the Proposal: The first thing to do here is to demonstrate to the client that you can do the job...

The best way to do this especially if you're a newbie with no sample and review would be to talk about the process... that's a run down of how you'll do the job. Just a short summary will suffice...
If you have done similar job, tell them about it and post the link to a related sample.

Afterwards, you can talk about yourself and your qualifications or skill set.

4) Make life easy for your clients: Post a link of your portfolio or sample in your proposal...as against attaching your sample at the bottom and expecting the client to start downloading it, especially if you're using Upwork.

Note: You should save your samples in google drive...if you want to show only one sample, you can copy the link to that particular sample. If you want to show the client your whole portfolio, copy the drive url.

5) Always end with a Call To Action...eg Send me a message, let's discuss further about your project.

Do these, and hopefully more clients will come into your inbox.

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by jnrcess(m): 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
wapo:
Baba abeg show me the way i am very good in microsoft excel,html,css and a little of javascript,i heard one can also use microsoft excel for remote job

You can work as a VA on Upwork. When I started freelancing about 3 years ago, I literally knew nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by Greenleaf247: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2021
32k but now my business is generating 6-7 figure monthly

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by jrobbins: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
philip0906:

Lmao! When you collect am, earn 180k for a few months, your eye and body go come down and you'll start lamenting like the Op. Who no go, no know.

True

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by FahBuLous: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
adaleng:
I understand your pain. ASABA hardly pays better salary. You get a job of 50k in Asaba and they say its a good pay angry. I wonder how people survive with such peanut.
i just relocated from Lagos to Asaba, was earning above 100k in Lagos and Asaba here offered me 50k job and everybody is saying its a good pay. Did it for 2month and resigned, real slavery work. The highest pay offer i have gotten from this town is 70k. Asaba needs to step up i swear.

Asaba is just something else, on top the 20k, insults, working like a bull and going home late at night... It's really disheartening that a city that boast of oil doesn't have good jobs that pay well

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by FahBuLous: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kwara1stson:
it's affiliate marketing
I'm willing to learn
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by nurain150(m): 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
Diligent1:
Since I graduated in 2011, the highest salary I have collected so far is N30,000 monthly. They would still remove pension and tax from it.
Oops

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by nurain150(m): 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2021
20k, note it's not a full time job, it's an online job.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by nurain150(m): 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Dollywood:
I work from home, but the work is one of the hardest job, the stress is overwhelming, after working it feels like my head got deep fried to the point that it almost lead into depression, by then I earn an average of 90k per month, but I already slowed down now.
Freelancer?
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by FahBuLous: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
OkoAnike:

Please watch out for your life, it could be audio or trap... Nigerian is a terrible place to live now, my Little Pony
It's not really easy out here cry cry
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by remi1444: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
wapo:
Baba abeg show me the way i am very good in microsoft excel,html,css and a little of javascript,i heard one can also use microsoft excel for remote job
There's an Excel job opening sir airsaylongcome shared. Maybe you should email him or something and give it a shot.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by Eastcaostboy: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
jnrcess:
It is that time of the month when most salary earners smile home. Some have been paid and some are yet to be paid.

Personally, I haven't had a full time job in over 4 years because of school. My first full time job before I gained admission paid me 8k per month.

I recently landed a full-time job (remote) that offered me a monthly pay of 500k. As a final year student, who has never earned this amount of money in a month, I'm blown away �.

So what's the highest amount your full time job has paid you?
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by MaxieMan: 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
NonsoNna:
Working with an I.T firm that pays 248K per month which is low for someone of my standard. but currently looking for jobs that pays half a million or there about.
What stack?
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by victorDanladi: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
chatinent:
₦180k monthly plus insults that's worth $5000 and stress that's worth $3000 ...plus they'll still owe that peanut and roll it over to the next month.

I worked there like jaki. Kuku commot before dem go black on black for me.

E no go better for our leaders.
THIS IS ME!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by kwaso2: 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2021
Diligent1:
Since I graduated in 2011, the highest salary I have collected so far is N30,000 monthly. They would still remove pension and tax from it.
Ahaaa! Ur head need serious oil oh. It's well
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by Frenzy01(m): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
It's been a long time ago.. I earned an average of 20k monthly before I finally got admission into the university and left the job.

Now I sell and I buy any breed of dog swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer boarding and pet care services
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by heybeebugatty(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
479k Net.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by Diligent1(f): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
kwaso2:
Ahaaa! Ur head need serious oil oh. It's well
When I was doing my IT, I had opportunities but I wanted to graduate before working fully. I hoped that I would get a better offer after graduation but I was wrong. It is 10 years now that I graduated.
I don't even have a job now, I know that God will answer my prayer one day.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by geechy: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
Bantu10:
498k monthly before statutory deductions. This is aside ur perdiem which u get every night when you sleep outside your work station.

comes with 15% increase annually

Field: iNGO

Maiduguri right??
I'll like that you connect me, help mankind brov.. Allow me drop you a message

Baba me like this I ready use leg waka come there... Salpa be wounding guys.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by geechy: 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
placeofallure:

Perdiems grin can be sweet o

I remember when I worked as a volunteer for one HIV/AIDS NGO, they put us in a beautiful hotel in Enugu, serve tea and sandwiches every morning, then a meal of your choice in the afternoons. They paid perdiem of 10k everyday for 2 weeks. That is aside the main money for the training o. Can't forget Enugu that year.

Now, I earn some 6 figures every month as an instructor. Don't ask me!

Epp your boys!!

I use my keyd-knee beg you
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by JIREN01: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
able20:
Sometimes I get scared when folks on NL say no amount of earnings is sustainable in Nigeria.
I was planning my retirement soon with 850k monthly income.
Retirement? Indulge me sir. Are you in your 50's already?
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by JIREN01: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2021
IbileIfe:
N800 monthly in 1988 as a young national Program Consultant for UNICEF in Nigeria.
I was in my early 20s.
Minimum wage was N250.

Real wages fell significantly in the l980s following a statutory wage freeze (1982-88), salary cuts in the public sector in 1985, and a constant nominal minimum wage that started in 1981. From 1986 to 1989, real wages fell almost 60 percent.
You must be retired by now sir.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by JIREN01: 8:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
jeyem:
32k after NYSC in 2011
105k after 3 month probation 2011
180k after 3 years side hustling 120k
4millionper month now after taxes but rent is 1million per month
Doing some certifications exam to make it 6million
IT?
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by DMCY: 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
Yeecar:
Be self employed, become employers of labour instead.

Be employers of labour with what money?

Abhi you think na 20k dem Dey use start buisness? Lol

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by Amanee(f): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
756k before tax

513,000 after tax

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by jeyem(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2021
JIREN01:
IT?
Yes
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by theamazonguru(m): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
Diligent1:

When I was doing my IT, I had opportunities but I wanted to graduate before working fully. I hoped that I would get a better offer after graduation but I was wrong. It is 10 years now that I graduated.
I don't even have a job now, I know that God will answer my prayer one day.

It is really well sir.
Ile Anu oluwa kiisu.
(Literally means it's never late with God).

I know a lady who went to Total for her 2nd year IT from the University.
She never returned back to school.

Babe earns close to 400k now.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by theamazonguru(m): 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Haba mana!!!!

You never see 150k/day . Lol
Dude was a hookup coordinator.
His job was just to receive materials , send it to site, receive it back from site , do a daily report of state, qty, location of materials. Walk around once in a while to look for anomaly.
That's all oh.
I also know of 2 expats earning $1000/day in the same company.
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by JIREN01: 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
jeyem:

Yes
You are definitely being paid in USD and you don't reside in Nigeria, that I'm sure of. It's cool. Are you front-end or back-end?
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by TBolaitan(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
Hmmm. Good day my fellow Nairaland
I will advise today to not depend on salary alone because it does not solve your basic needs....
If you want to change your financial status by adding money to your pocket through real estate investment
Dm now
Call:09025462416
WhatsApp:08127588833
You will thank me later
Only for serious and interested ones pls that want to change their financial plans
Re: Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. by alabi484(m): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ọmọ, some amounts being mentioned here are ridiculous.

I could show serious and interested individuals how to make 50k-200k monthly from the comfort of their homes or as a side hustle with just their mobile phone Sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / Man Shares The Strict Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Once Applied For / FG Orders The Recruitment Of Constables For Community Policing

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.