Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? (3326 Views)

What Is The Point Of Free Will? / Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
lol grin, what's your problem?

What causes thunder and lightning?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
elated177:

What causes thunder and lightning?
Why can’t you exhaust the other discussion before asking another?
Seem like you are asking these questions to find errors instead of to actually know how it works.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
its a spiritual food you cannot test.
You see that it's mysterious because the lord flying spaghetti monster works in mysterious ways.
Science cannot test such.
It's more mysterious to find you that this spiritual food created your God. Because you don't know doesn't mean it's not true cheesy

Because you have not tested it doesn't mean it doesn't exist just like your God cheesy
But it is spaghetti: spaghetti is food!
Whether spiritual or physical, food is food and it is ment for chewing. It's even on the lowest scale on the food chain, isn't it?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

But it is spaghetti: spaghetti is food!
Whether spiritual or physical, food is food and it is ment for chewing. It's even on the lowest scale on the food chain, isn't it?
i have evidence that he created us in his own image cheesy
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
Why can’t you exhaust the other discussion before asking another?
Seem like you are asking these questions to find errors instead of to actually know how it works.

Actually, embarking on a wild goose chase is wasting energy. That is why I decided not to continue with that one.

So, are you going to answer the question or not?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
i have evidence that he created us in his own image cheesy
You look like spaghetti!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

You look like spaghetti!?
everyone does, there's evidence
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
elated177:

Actually, embarking on a wild goose chase is wasting energy. That is why I decided not to continue with that one.

So, are you going to answer the question or not?
nope
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 1:00am On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
nope

Why?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 6:07am On Nov 09, 2021
elated177:

Why?
I don’t have time for never ending arguments
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 6:57am On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
everyone does, there's evidence
Another lie in formulation!

On a serious note:
Why do you think everyone on the earth should become a committed and practicing atheist like you?
WHat would be the advantage?

As a Christians, I can give you reasons why everyone on earth should become a committed and practicing Christian. But please, after you!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 9:37am On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

Another lie in formulation!

On a serious note:
Why do you think everyone on the earth should become a committed and practicing atheist like you?

As a Christians, I can give you reasons why everyone on earth should become a committed and practicing Christian. But please, after you!
Same way you feel towards Flying Spaghetti Monster is how atheist feel towards your Christian lies.

It doesn’t make sense to us grin
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 9:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
Same way you feel towards Flying Spaghetti Monster is how atheist feel towards your Christian lies.

It doesn’t make sense to us grin
On a serious note:

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 9:54am On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

On a serious note:

Whether or not you give me reason, you still need evidence for your lies
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 9:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
Whether or not you give me reason, you still need evidence for your lies

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 10:10am On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

I don’t want everyone to be committed to atheism, religion is based on lies.
The Bible is a lie, Christianity is built in lies that’s all.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
I don’t want everyone to be committed to atheism, religion is based on lies.
The Bible is a lie, Christianity is built in lies that’s all.
Your opinion!
And it doesn't hold any water!!

I asked you a direct question, why are you evasive with the answer?

Are you an atheist with a pointless reason?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by orisa37: 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY POLICY OF THE ONGOING BMF-BOKOISWA IS CAUSED BY BMF-BOKOISWA. MOST OF OUR GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA ARE EXERCISING THEIR FREEWILL TO REJECT OR ACCEPT IT.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
I don’t have time for never ending arguments

Ehehehehe! Ihe efu!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

Your opinion!
And it doesn't hold any water!!

I asked you a direct question, why are you evasive with the answer?

Are you an atheist with a pointless reason?
Still the flying spaghetti monster created Christian God.

It's fact
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
Still the flying spaghetti monster created Christian God.

It's fact
No wonder you are this evasive. Repeating made up slogans like a broken record will not make it true.

Spaghetti is made for just ONE purpose.
TO BE EATEN!!
QED!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

No wonder you are this evasive. Repeating made up slogans like a broken record will not make it true.

Spaghetti is made for just ONE purpose.
TO BE EATEN!!
QED!!!
He cannot be eaten because he's made of spiritual spaghetti that cannot be tested.

There's evidence that he created God
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
He cannot be eaten because he's made of spiritual spaghetti that cannot be tested.

There's evidence that he created God
broken record!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

broken record!
Nope, we can’t test it.
We cannot but it exist.
Deal with it
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
Nope, we can’t test it.
We cannot but it exist.
Deal with it
No wonder atheism gives NO hope NOR purpose to you!

You keep sounding like a broken record...what a pity
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

Give your life to the flying spaghetti monster, he loves you
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

Give your life to the flying spaghetti monster. He loves you
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
Give your life to the flying spaghetti monster. He loves you
Igbehin l'on d'oloku ada!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

Igbehin l'on d'oloku ada!
The pasta lord loves you.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is nonsense but your own god is real right?

Joker

1 Like

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
Workch:
The pasta lord loves you.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is nonsense but your own god is real right?

Joker
? ? ?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TheSourcerer: 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2022
LordReed:
This question is for the theists who say everything has a cause and also believe they have free will. Can you explain how everything having a cause does not lead to determinism, a situation where everything is already determined by what came before it. As opposed to your belief that we have freewill. How can we have freewill if whatever we do had a cause and that cause also had a cause which also had a cause and so on?

Modifying the OP with some clarifications to help understand the question better:

So another way to put the question will be how do you know your will is not being affected by the chain of events that led to your existence?

You probably have particular foods you like eating and when faced with a choice would more likely pick them over other foods. To you you are freely making that choice however my question is asking, if your ability to choose is part of a causal chain you had no hand in bringing about how do you know you are freely choosing those foods? How do you know that your predilection for those foods is not a result of the causal chain? How do you know that your choice at any given moment was not influenced by the causal chain of events that brought about the situation in which you find yourself having to make a choice?
hey so it's
Darnleypedro22@gmail.com
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by LordReed(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2022
TheSourcerer:
hey

Seen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! / How Would Jesus Deal With A Muslim & Mohammed Deal With A Christian? / Pics Of Pastor W.F Kumuyi With Northern Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.