Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? (3323 Views)

What Is The Point Of Free Will? / Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Crystyano:

How is that related to my reply?
Check up on it
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

FSM is well described and is not anywhere near what the Jehovah Creator of the Universe is.

Spaghetti is made from ground wheat isn't it? It's like food...and it is a monster!?
The Christian go d is well defined as omniscience, omnipotent and omnipresent.

All has been tested to be false.

Flying Spaghetti Monster claimed to create the Christian god, it’s true since we can’t test it yet
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Myer:

Do you disagree that man has freewill?
Cos that rather seems obvious.
Yes we are all products of cause and effect.
Creation happened and mow we are all here.
Our parents copulation and produced us.
The choices of those who raised us (our parents or guardians) together with ours shapes us to a certain age. Then we become the masters of our own universe.
From a certain again, you certainly hold the power of your own choices and invariably your own cause.
The effect of which are often unpredictable.

Freewill does not mean you're immune from a cause. There's no ultimate immunity from cause.

Freewill simply means that you have the power and prerogative to make your own choice.

You're faced with two or more options, you have the power to decide which option to choose.
That is what I believe Freewill is.

I think men have wills but they are not free. I think our wills exist within the complex interactions of the universe which means any given choice is subject to conditions and pressures both known and unknown that influence the outcome of the choice. I think it is a misnomer to say that our wills are free given the fact that we don't know all the factors that contribute to the choices we make. I think we can be satisfied that given our present circumstances we can safely assume our wills correspond with what we also assume is our personal direction.

1 Like

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
The Christian go d is well defined as omniscience, omnipotent and omnipresent.

All has been tested to be false.

Flying Spaghetti Monster claimed to create the Christian god, it’s true since we can’t test it yet
Please add A Spirit Being with no known physical form the Foundation and Source of Everything.

Which instrument did you use to test God the Creator?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by LordReed(m): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

I doubt if I want to give myself any label with respect to Freewill and Determinism.
But within the limit of my knowledge and understanding, I have stated (and I think CONSISTENTLY) what Freewill is.

In this world, many things are DETERMINED eg Day and Night, Life and Death, Need to Eat, etc
BUT
So many other things are NOT determined. Disasters, Election Results, Epidemic, Accidents.

Your Freewill Operates irrespective of whether events around you are determined or not determined.

It doesn't matter what you call yourself, that's the compatibilist position.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

Please add A Spirit Being with no known physical form the Foundation and Source of Everything.

Which instrument did you use to test God the Creator?
We don’t have an instrument so just like the Christian god, Flying Spaghetti Monster must be real
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
We don’t have an instrument so just like the Christian god, Flying Spaghetti Monster must be real
Spaghetti is made from wheat pasta!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

Spaghetti is made from wheat pasta!
No, not the normal one, the spiritual Spaghetti that cannot be tested
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
LordReed:

It doesn't matter what you call yourself, that's the compatibilist position.
What is your own position of Freewill and Determinism?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by LordReed(m): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

What is your own position of Freewill and Determinism?

I would say I am a compatibilist.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
Check up on it

It's of no use

Your nothing is real and there's nothing I can do about it

But I will be grateful if you can help me with 3000naira.

Please.....
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
LordReed:

I would say I am a compatibilist.
I thought you didn't believe in people having freewill?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
No, not the normal one, the spiritual Spaghetti that cannot be tested
We all know how spaghetti is made now?
Pasta from flour!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

We all know how spaghetti is made now?
Pasta from flour!
Not that one, this one is made of spiritual flour that science cannot test.
The tool to test this spiritual flour hasn't been developed, just as the tool to test Christian god
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
Not that one, this one is made of spiritual flour that science cannot test.
The tool to test this spiritual flour hasn't been developed, just as the tool to test Christian god
As long as it is spaghetti, we know what it is made up of Pasta Flour (from wheat)
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 8:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

As long as it is spaghetti, we know what it is made up of Pasta Flour (from wheat)
he works in mysterious ways, you will think it's normal spaghetti but because you don't understand him, you will not know that it is a supernatural spaghetti that created the Christian god
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by LordReed(m): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

I thought you didn't believe in people having freewill?

Yeah I think we have wills but I don't think they are free.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 9:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
LordReed:

Yeah I think we have wills but I don't think they are free.
If a free will does not have any constraints, then it could do EVERYTHING.
Like, I can will myself to Jupiter and Mars
I can will myself to becoming the Richest man in the Universe
I can will myself to Live forever

Unfortunately, there are so many factors against the fulfilment of just any will of man, from Gravity, Temperature, Money, Laws of Nature, etc

Why do soldiers continue fighting even when they are low on both ration and ammunition?
Why do people commit suicide while others in worse situation continue living against all odds?
Why do 10 politicians contest for a post knowing that only one person would be chosen?

Every will is BOUNDED by limited Possibilities within which it is free to operate

If I cannot exercise my will to build my house on the surface of the Sun, is this an evidence that my will is not Free OR that I am attempting to do that which is beyond my capabilities and outside the sphere of control?.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
he works in mysterious ways, you will think it's normal spaghetti but because you don't understand him, you will not know that it is a supernatural spaghetti that created the Christian god
Spaghetti is spaghetti.
It doesn't matter if it is coloured, uncooked, cooked, fried or flying
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
TenQ:

Spaghetti is spaghetti.
It doesn't matter if it is coloured, uncooked, cooked, fried or flying
Supernatural spaghetti exist.
We don't have the tools to test it.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Workch:
Supernatural spaghetti exist.
We don't have the tools to test it.
Spaghetti...yum yum!!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 6:33am On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

Spaghetti...yum yum!!
he created Christian god.
You have to accept that as well
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
he created Christian god.
You have to accept that as well
I can only laugh at your thrashing about for straws to grab.
We know what to do with spaghetti: it is for eating!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 10:00am On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

I can only laugh at your thrashing about for straws to grab.
We know what to do with spaghetti: it is for eating!
It's not straw, is Russell's teapot.

If you God exist, there's no basis to say the flying spaghetti monster doesn't
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 10:49am On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
In quantum physics, it has been observed that photons can be created from a total vacuum, where we have nothing.
This is even a potential research area that will applied to quantum computation.

This is possible because of the uncertainty principle which say the location and the speed of subatomic particles cannot be certainly measured accurately at the same time. The uncertainty makes it possible for particles to exist in two forms at the same time reality and also virtually (like a mirage). They can exist in reality elsewhere and exist inside a vacuum as virtual particles, but they won’t weight anything, you can invoke virtual particles in a vacuum to become real particles that will have mass because of this.

Where did you get the bolded from?
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
elated177:

Where did you get the bolded from?
Visit any quantum physics text or just read the book “something from nothing” bu theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss.

There is also an experiment that ignited photons from nothing in a vacuum.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by TenQ: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
It's not straw, is Russell's teapot.

If you God exist, there's no basis to say the flying spaghetti monster doesn't
You don't get the point. If it is spaghetti, no matter its kind, its simply FOOD to be eaten. QED!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
Visit any quantum physics text or just read the book “something from nothing” bu theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss.

There is also an experiment that ignited photons from nothing in a vacuum.

Ehehehehe! I thought you had seen it happen before.
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
elated177:

Ehehehehe! I thought you had seen it happen before.
I have not seen electromagnetic field before as well, but I know how it works by reading physics and I know it works because that's what phones use to send signals.
Its same way quantum computer works with what I just explained, you don't have to see it before knowing the mechanism of action.
You just need basic science knowledge
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
TenQ:

You don't get the point. If it is spaghetti, no matter its kind, its simply FOOD to be eaten. QED!
its a spiritual food you cannot test.
You see that it's mysterious because the lord flying spaghetti monster works in mysterious ways.
Science cannot test such.
It's more mysterious to find you that this spiritual food created your God. Because you don't know doesn't mean it's not true cheesy

Because you have not tested it doesn't mean it doesn't exist just like your God cheesy
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by elated177: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
Workch:
I have not seen electromagnetic field before as well, but I know how it works by reading physics and I know it works because that's what phones use to send signals.
Its same way quantum computer works with what I just explained, you don't have to see it before knowing the mechanism of action.
You just need basic science knowledge

Mtcheeew!
Re: Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? by Workch: 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
elated177:

Mtcheeew!
lol grin, what's your problem?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Noah Ark Have Been Discover On The Mountains In Turkey. / The Various Portraits Of God / Today Is Palm Sunday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.