Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? (1732 Views)

Fastest Ways To Garner Huge Views And Subscribers On Youtube / Share the knowledge with others pls don’t be greedy / Sex And Woman: Fundamental Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2021
For sometime now,I read people saying they would like to have a chat/talk with someone intelligent.Someone that can hold a conversation in wide range of topics such as Technology, Politics, Sports,Global Economy, History e.t.c
To be very honest,I know nothing about these topics.I was only made to focus on schooling and religion while growing.
I can barely hold a conversation with someone for 5 minutes (chatting, calling or physically) without running out of things to say.I used to think it's because I'm Introverted and anti-social

Does this mean I'm unintelligent?I am doing well in the university but academics alone can't be used as a yardstick.

How can I be well versed in a wide range of topics?How can I maintain intellectual conversations?
I need suggestions!

Mods can I get wider views on front page please.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:40am On Nov 04, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by siofra(f): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2021
2braithe:
For sometime now,I read people saying they would like to have a chat/talk with someone intelligent.Someone that can hold a conversation in wide range of topics such as Technology, Politics, Sports,Global Economy, History e.t.c
To be very honest,I know nothing about these topics.I was only made to focus on schooling and religion while growing.
I can barely hold a conversation with someone for 5 minutes (chatting, calling or physically) without running out of things to say.I used to think it's because I'm Introverted and anti-social

Does this mean I'm unintelligent?I am doing well in the university but academics alone can't be used as a yardstick.

How can I be well versed in a wide range of topics?How can I maintain intellectual conversations?
I need suggestions!

Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44 can I get wider views on front page please.

Maybe you should read more books, go to your school library, read books there that catch your attention especially fiction.
You can't force yourself to read those books though, you need to be genuinely curious and interested.

There's an alternative though, you can watch videos on YouTube or Facebook, follow channels like Wisecrack, weird history and SCP declassified etc.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2021
Visit blogs and YouTube pages that deals in these topics. Always refresh for updates.

Avoid women. What did I say? Avoid women!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by hosemujica: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Become friends with people way older than you. You will never believe what you will learn about current affairs and history. When I say older I mean 20, 30 and if you can find them 40 years older. These guys might not know much about current affairs but they will give you a lot about history and that will give you an idea of what to search on google and if you are someone with critical thinking and analytical abilities, you will gain a lot of knowledge on that branch of subject .

One time I was on a midnight train from point A to B, met with a 92 years old man and we got talking ,we got to stocks and investments and he said, " when ever Apple is about to launch a new product, others are linning up and preordering, I on the other hand buys Apple stocks before it launches in anticipation of huge profits " from what he said I got an ace that I can keep, ' track progress of companies and see if it's worth a buy.

Sometime ago I was with a 70 something years old man who said the word "Igbo landing "a lot, I Googled it and found out a lot that I did not know if not that he mentioned it .

Like someone said, avoid discussing with women that can't hold their own on anything, especially if a woman is not talking about investment; like stocks ,properties and smart retail businesses, then you are probably dealing with an average Nigerian graduate, ( first class or not) . I' m not talking about those that will ask, ( "do you do crypto"? Those ones are just interested in knowing how much you are worth )then they are mostly talking about iPhone, Ashoebi, bridal showers and other nonsense. Stay away from those, they are mostly uneducated and a liability to your intellectual growth. Women that does not know what's going on in Haiti, they don't know the difference between a Tesla and a Range Rover, don't even mention NATO, you de find trouble be that, they don't even think it's their responsibility to know that Anambara guber is holding today ( except those living in Anambra and they have no choice but to know) stay away from those, else you will end up talking like a totally clueless guy around the block.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Pumpumking: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

Maybe you should read more books, go to your school library, read books there that catches your attention especially fiction.
You can't force yourself to read those books though, you need to be genuinely curious and interested.

There's an alternative though, you can watch videos on YouTube or Facebook, follow channels like Wisecrack, weird history and SCP declassified etc.

^^^^^story
only condition for truce & friend ship:
Let me yansh u so i can fogive u so that we can be friends...deal?.. YOU WANT? cheesy
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by siofra(f): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2021
Pumpumking:

^^^^^story
only condition for truce & friend ship:
Let me yansh u so i can fogive u so that we can be friends...deal?.. YOU WANT? cheesy

We can be friends but you'll not "yansh" me cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Pumpumking: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

angry
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Kucoin: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2021
Develop an inquisitive and curious mind. Befriend Google. Very soon the likes of Quora would be your heartrob.

Caveat; as you seek out for knowledge, it imperative to bear in mind that knowledge is infinite and abysmal; the farther you go the deeper it pulls you, hence you would feel like dummy filled with uncertainty about yourself.

Good luck in your phylo-Sophia quest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Pumpumking: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

DEAL IS OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by XXXXTENTACION: 10:02am On Nov 04, 2021
Make wikipedia your friend...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by siofra(f): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2021
Pumpumking:

DEAL IS OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!! angry

Okay f you!!!

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Pumpumking: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

Okay f you!!!

no U aint fokin me...am fokin u!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
hosemujica:
Become friends with people way older than you. You will never believe what you will learn about current affairs and history. When I say older I mean 20, 30 and if you can find them 40 years older. This guys might not know much about current affairs but they will give you a lot about history and that will give you an idea of what to search on google and if you are someone with critical thinking and analytical abilities, you will gain a lot of knowledge on that branch of .

One time I was on a midnight train from point A to B, met with a 92 years old man and we got talking ,we got to stocks and investments and he said, " when ever Apple is about to launch a new product, others are linning up and preordering, I on the other hand buys Apple stocks before it launches in anticipation of huge profits " from what he said I got an ace that I can keep, ' track progress of companies and see if it's what a buy.

Sometime ago I was with a 70 something years old man who said the word "Igbo landing "a lot, I Googled it and found out a lot that I did not know if not that he mentioned it .

Like someone said, avoid discussing with women that can't hold their own on anything, especially if a woman is not talking about investment; like stocks ,properties and smart retail businesses, then you are probably dealing with an average Nigerian graduate, ( first class or not) . I' m not talking about those that will ask, ( "do you do crypto"? Those ones are just interested in knowing how much you are worth )then they are mostly talking about iPhone, Ashoebi, bridal showers and other nonsense. Stay away from those, they are mostly uneducated and a liability to your intellectual growth. Women that does not know what's going on in Haiti, they don't know the difference between a Tesla and a Range Rover, don't even mention NATO, you de find trouble be that, they don't even think it's their responsibility to know that Anambara guber is holding today ( except those living in Anambra and they have no choice but to know) stay away from those, else you will end up talking like a totally clueless guy around the block.
lol
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Vinnie2000(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
OP!
There are No Hard and Fast rules in This!!..
I am Exactly the person who are Talking about!
Interested and Knowledgeable in Politics, Sports, Musics, Religion, Science,you name it!

It is simply because I am OPEN-MINDED! I Just like to Learn and Gain any good knowledge! smiley

Though Most are judgemental n Prejudiced towards certain Things! E.g Bbnaija or Righteousness2's Gospel messages!
I guess, they are Naturally Close-minded! sad smiley
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

Maybe you should read more books, go to your school library, read books there that catch your attention especially fiction.

I really find it hard to read books.I force myself to do it.Maybe I'll just stick to YouTube.
Can fiction really make one knowledgeable?

Thanks!
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
Carchoice:
Visit blogs and YouTube pages that deals in these topics. Always refresh for updates.

Avoid women. What did I say? Avoid women!!

Lol thanks!

But why avoid women?
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
2braithe:

Lol thanks!

But why avoid women?

There’s no why. If you really want to know why, ask Samson in the Bible.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
hosemujica:
Become friends with people way older than you. You will never believe what you will learn about current affairs and history. When I say older I mean 20, 30 and if you can find them 40 years older. This guys might not know much about current affairs but they will give you a lot about history and that will give you an idea of what to search on google and if you are someone with critical thinking and analytical abilities, you will gain a lot of knowledge on that branch of .

One time I was on a midnight train from point A to B, met with a 92 years old man and we got talking ,we got to stocks and investments and he said, " when ever Apple is about to launch a new product, others are linning up and preordering, I on the other hand buys Apple stocks before it launches in anticipation of huge profits " from what he said I got an ace that I can keep, ' track progress of companies and see if it's what a buy.

Thanks so much for this.
But the problem is that I'm an introvert and I find it hard to make friends!
I'll surely follow what you say.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kucoin:
Develop an inquisitive and curious mind. Befriend Google. Very soon the likes of Quora would be your heartrob.

Caveat; as you seek out for knowledge, it imperative to bear in mind that knowledge is infinite and abysmal; the farther you go the deeper it pulls you, hence you would feel like dummy filled with uncertainty about yourself.

Good luck in your phylo-Sophia quest.

Thanks.
I'm on Quora and Reddit too.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Vinnie2000:

OP!
There are No Hard and Fast rules in This!!..
I am Exactly the person who are Talking about!
Interested and Knowledgeable in Politics, Sports, Musics, Religion, Science,you name it!

It is simply because I am OPEN-MINDED! I Just like to Learn and Gain any good knowledge! smiley

Though Most are judgemental n Prejudiced towards certain Things! E.g Bbnaija or Righteousness2's Gospel messages!
I guess, they are Naturally Close-minded! sad smiley

Can you share how you learn and gain good knowledge?
Thanks though!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
Carchoice:

There’s no why. If you really want to know why, ask Samson in the Bible.

Okay.
I'm still confused though.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by TMTR: 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Read, watch documentaries, movies, listen to good music.

When I was still a kid and had just learnt how to read, I would read anything I came acros; old newspaper, novels, hand bills literally anything I came across and I also watched a lot of movies, what can one gain from movies you may ask but the first time I heard about 'dark web' was in a movie titled 'Hackers' and google helped me out with the rest cool
, let me not even start with music cause the amount of knowledge I have gained through misic ehnnnn

Just be open minded and be ready to learn from anything and everything around you.

By the way, I like your enthusiasm to aquire knowledge, keep it up
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
TMTR:
Read, watch documentaries, movies, listen to good music.

When I was still a kid and had just learnt how to read, I would read anything I came acros; old newspaper, novels, hand bills literally anything I came across and I also watched a lot of movies, what can one gain from movies you may ask but the first time I heard about 'dark web' was in a movie titled 'Hackers' and google helped me out with the rest cool
, let me not even start with music cause the amount of knowledge I have gained through misic ehnnnn

Just be open minded and be ready to learn from anything and everything around you.

By the way, I like your enthusiasm to aquire knowledge, keep it up

Quite insightful!
Can you drop tips in how you gain knowledge through music?
Foreign music,I find it hard to hear the lyrics.Due to their accent.
For Nigerian music, only few artist have meaningful lyrics.

Thanks a lot!
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Deicide: 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Who intelligent conversation help? grin
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Vinnie2000(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
2braithe:

Can you share how you learn and gain good knowledge?
Thanks though!

As I said, be OPEN-MINDED!
Watch different TV Programmes or follow Different interests!..
I follow Abit of everything..Football, Politics news, Entertainment Gossips, etc.. smiley

My Next door neighbour watches ONLY MercyTV(Religious progamme of Prophet Jeremiah fufeyin of Delta State aka Owomowomo).. cheesy

She is only interested in issues pertaining to Prophecies, signs and Miracles! sad smiley
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by SenecaTheYonger: 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
2braithe:

I need suggestions!

Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44 can I get wider views on front page please.

You just don’t have passion for it. Anything you are passionate about, you could speak on it for hours.

I used to be passionate about science and crypto but now I hate both with all my soul
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by TMTR: 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
2braithe:

Quite insightful!
Can you drop tips in how you gain knowledge through music?
Foreign music,I find it hard to hear the lyrics.Due to their accent.
For Nigerian music, only few artist have meaningful lyrics.

Thanks a lot!

Listen more to old school artiste, only few new school make sense these days ,let me give you a tip , go listen to monalisa by Lil Wayne ft Kendrick Lamar (lesson to learn here is that it teaches you how to be street Smart) story of OJ by Jay z(where he talks about financial intelligence) don't hurt me by Eminem ft lil Wayne etc, I can go on and on and if you can't understand what they are saying cause of their accent, just Google the lyrics of the songs.

When it comes to local music , I listen to more of high life like osadebe, also listen to fela and king sunny Ade and their likes, tuface included

By now , you must have gotten the point that I am driving at.

Listen to artiste that talks more about themselves in their songs, a lot to learn from because they talk about real life experiences.

Movies also not excluded , like I said before I heard about 'dark web' for the first time in my life through a movie.

Truth us there is hardly anything we can't learn from, just learn how to extract knowledge from everything.

Also learn to read , it's very important
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by babavik: 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
TMTR:

Listen more to old school artiste, only few new school make sense these days ,let me give you a tip , go listen to monalisa by Lil Wayne ft Kendrick Lamar (lesson to learn here is that it teaches you how to be street Smart) story of OJ by Jay z(where he talks about financial intelligence) don't hurt me by Eminem ft lil Wayne etc, I can go on and on and if you can't understand what they are saying cause of their accent, just Google the lyrics of the songs.

When it comes to local music , I listen to more of high life like osadebe, also listen to fela and king sunny Ade and their likes, tuface included

By now , you must have gotten the point that I am driving at.

Listen to artiste that talks more about themselves in their songs, a lot to learn from because they talk about real life experiences.

Movies also not excluded , like I said before I heard about 'dark web' for the first time in my life through a movie.

Truth us there is hardly anything we can't learn from, just learn how to extract knowledge from everything.

Also learn to read , it's very important
Nice one man
You must have an interesting playlist
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by slickycee: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
It's not about the number of books you've read , it's not about the informations you've been exposed to.

It's about what kind of person are you ?

Not everybody can be knowledgeable in all areas.

I don't even consider that as intelligence

Just discover who you are and be the best version of that person.

Sometimes too many information would leave you confused and worse than you were before.

Life is mostly about learning and unlearning.

Those stuffs people talk that make you think they're intelligent
70% of the time it's inaccurate and just personal opinions not intelligent as it sounds

If you want to be intelligent, master something and be the best at that thing become successful at that thing.
That's the only proof of your intelligence
How your intelligence influenced your life positively .
Everybody has an idea , every body can talk, but the great ones are known by their actions not talk
My advice
Leave talk for politicians and motivational speakers
Polish your skills

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

so small sense remain??

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Vinnie2000:

As I said, be OPEN-MINDED!
Watch different TV Programmes or follow Different interests!..
I follow Abit of everything..Football, Politics news, Entertainment Gossips, etc.. smiley

My Next door neighbour watches ONLY MercyTV(Religious progamme of Prophet Jeremiah fufeyin of Delta State aka Owomowomo).. cheesy

She is only interested in issues pertaining to Prophecies, signs and Miracles! sad smiley

Thanks a lot!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Avoid Roqqu If You Want Peace Of Mind , They're Scammers / BE HONEST!! Do You Prefer The Lights On During Sex? / Someone Am Older Than Is Trying To Disgrace Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.