Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? (1733 Views)

Fastest Ways To Garner Huge Views And Subscribers On Youtube / Share the knowledge with others pls don’t be greedy / Sex And Woman: Fundamental Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

You just don’t have passion for it. Anything you are passionate about, you could speak on it for hours.

I used to be passionate about science and crypto but now I hate both with all my soul

I can't know if I'm passionate about it if I've not even attempted to know about it.

Thanks!
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
TMTR:

Listen more to old school artiste, only few new school make sense these days ,let me give you a tip , go listen to monalisa by Lil Wayne ft Kendrick Lamar (lesson to learn here is that it teaches you how to be street Smart) story of OJ by Jay z(where he talks about financial intelligence) don't hurt me by Eminem ft lil Wayne etc, I can go on and on and if you can't understand what they are saying cause of their accent, just Google the lyrics of the songs.

When it comes to local music , I listen to more of high life like osadebe, also listen to fela and king sunny Ade and their likes, tuface included

By now , you must have gotten the point that I am driving at.

Listen to artiste that talks more about themselves in their songs, a lot to learn from because they talk about real life experiences.

Movies also not excluded , like I said before I heard about 'dark web' for the first time in my life through a movie.

Truth us there is hardly anything we can't learn from, just learn how to extract knowledge from everything.

Also learn to read , it's very important

Very very helpful!
I appreciate!
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
slickycee:
It's not about the number of books you've read , it's not about the informations you've been exposed to.

It's about what kind of person are you ?

Not everybody can be knowledgeable in all areas.

I don't even consider that as intelligence

Just discover who you are and be the best version of that person.

Sometimes too many information would leave you confused and worse than you were before.

Life is mostly about learning and unlearning.

Those stuffs people talk that make you think they're intelligent
70% of the time it's inaccurate and just personal opinions not intelligent as it sounds

If you want to be intelligent, master something and be the best at that thing become successful at that thing.
That's the only proof of your intelligence
How your intelligence influenced your life positively .
Everybody has an idea , every body can talk, but the great ones are known by their actions not talk
My advice
Leave talk for politicians and motivational speakers
Polish your skills

Actually,one can't have opinions about things one is not exposed to.
I don't need to master all.But being able to say something about many things is what I want,being able to contribute meaningful to various topics even if it is my personal opinion.

Thanks.Your input is appreciated!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Become friends with people way older than you. You will never believe what you will learn about current affairs and history. When I say older I mean 20, 30 and if you can find them 40 years older. These guys might not know much about current affairs but they will give you a lot about history and that will give you an idea of what to search on google and if you are someone with critical thinking and analytical abilities, you will gain a lot of knowledge on that branch of subject .

One time I was on a midnight train from point A to B, met with a 92 years old man and we got talking ,we got to stocks and investments and he said, " when ever Apple is about to launch a new product, others are linning up and preordering, I on the other hand buys Apple stocks before it launches in anticipation of huge profits " from what he said I got an ace that I can keep, ' track progress of companies and see if it's worth a buy.

Sometime ago I was with a 70 something years old man who said the word "Igbo landing "a lot, I Googled it and found out a lot that I did not know if not that he mentioned it .

Like someone said, avoid discussing with women that can't hold their own on anything, especially if a woman is not talking about investment; like stocks ,properties and smart retail businesses, then you are probably dealing with an average Nigerian graduate, ( first class or not) . I' m not talking about those that will ask, ( "do you do crypto"? Those ones are just interested in knowing how much you are worth )then they are mostly talking about iPhone, Ashoebi, bridal showers and other nonsense. Stay away from those, they are mostly uneducated and a liability to your intellectual growth. Women that does not know what's going on in Haiti, they don't know the difference between a Tesla and a Range Rover, don't even mention NATO, you de find trouble be that, they don't even think it's their responsibility to know that Anambara guber is holding today ( except those living in Anambra and they have no choice but to know) stay away from those, else you will end up talking like a totally clueless guy around the block.

Sighs. This was making sense until the last paragraph. Sighs x2.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Victerica(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
2braithe:
For sometime now,I read people saying they would like to have a chat/talk with someone intelligent.Someone that can hold a conversation in wide range of topics such as Technology, Politics, Sports,Global Economy, History e.t.c
To be very honest,I know nothing about these topics.I was only made to focus on schooling and religion while growing.
I can barely hold a conversation with someone for 5 minutes (chatting, calling or physically) without running out of things to say.I used to think it's because I'm Introverted and anti-social

Does this mean I'm unintelligent?I am doing well in the university but academics alone can't be used as a yardstick.

How can I be well versed in a wide range of topics?How can I maintain intellectual conversations?
I need suggestions!

Lalasticlala Dominique Mynd44 can I get wider views on front page please.

You should better learn, how to philosophise while you do more of the listening.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by mediainc: 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Follow us, we post stories on current events, politics and history, you will learn a lot with us.
Am a politics and history buff cheesy
https://uptownmediainc.com/stolen-artworks-of-the-benin-kingdom/
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
Victerica:

You should better learn, how to philosophise while you do more of the listening.

How can one "philosophise"? grin
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Omoluabi16(m): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
2braithe:

You are intelligent! You need to be on social media more. Its very rare to meet people with a very wide scope of knowledge. While you're on it you get to sift the info you need. What/who are your favorite pages on Facebook? What kind of movies do you see? Even on nairaland, chances are that if you follow some decent people like explorers you'll see or learn something not related to you books! Also make your own efforts. Read on the Romanovs, the anglo-zulu wars, John McCain, the British prince who became a Nazi general, billy the kid,Luis Suarez, Dday in Normandy, just anything. I'm sure you'll find your forte.
I strongly advice you visit the BBC often and check the biography of famous people you know.
As for holding 'intellectual' conversations, it can only be with people that match your ideas.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Sighs. This was making sense until the last paragraph. Sighs x2.

Why did you say so?
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Victerica(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
2braithe:

How can one "philosophise"? grin

Be more open minded. Avoid sentiments and learn to ask questions, rather than arguing.

Read more too.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
Omoluabi16:

You are intelligent! You need to be on social media more. Its very rare to meet people with a very wide scope of knowledge. While you're on it you get to sift the info you need. What/who are your favorite pages on Facebook? What kind of movies do you see? Even on nairaland, chances are that if you follow some decent people like explorers you'll see or learn something not related to you books! Also make your own efforts. Read on the Romanovs, the anglo-zulu wars, John McCain, the British prince who became a Nazi general, billy the kid,Luis Suarez, Dday in Normandy, just anything. I'm sure you'll find your forte.
I strongly advice you visit the BBC often and check the biography of famous people you know.
As for holding 'intellectual' conversations, it can only be with people that match your ideas.

Thanks for the heads up!
I'll do just that.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Victerica:

Be more open minded. Avoid sentiments and learn to ask questions, rather than arguing.

Read more too.

Thanks.

As for your signature,yes it is.
I took two philosophy courses in school and it was "bae".
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Raalsalghul: 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
Register on Quora and follow a particular topic.

Also check out this moniker on Nairaland: Naptu2
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Blessing0305(f): 5:02am On Nov 10, 2021
2braithe:

I really find it hard to read books.I force myself to do it.Maybe I'll just stick to YouTube.
Can fiction really make one knowledgeable?

Thanks!
Yes, i started learning with different English dictionaries to learn meanings, with fictions and online stories to learn words and read fast , down to nickelodeon to learn vocabulary,songs and lyrics to learn words and pronunciations
Wats in ur head is wat u feed it with
Browse anything and keep going
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by averageguy(m): 5:12am On Nov 10, 2021
One other thing most people have not mentioned as well is traveling. If you're able to do so (even interstate), it could expose you to people who think differently, with different interests you could experience as well.

Reading is great, but those experiences as just as valuable and could help spark future conversations.
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by seankafor(m): 5:35am On Nov 10, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

You just don’t have passion for it. Anything you are passionate about, you could speak on it for hours.

I used to be passionate about science and crypto but now I hate both with all my soul
crypto? What made you hate crypto?

Am a crypto enthusiast myself and am happy I choose that route..
What made you hate crypto if I may ask?
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by greencard: 6:03am On Nov 10, 2021
Read your Bible every day.. I bet there are things you wouldn't know till you read the Bible

that's my secret
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by GT84(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2021
2braithe:
For sometime now,I read people saying they would like to have a chat/talk with someone intelligent.Someone that can hold a conversation in wide range of topics such as Technology, Politics, Sports,Global Economy, History e.t.c
To be very honest,I know nothing about these topics.I was only made to focus on schooling and religion while growing.
I can barely hold a conversation with someone for 5 minutes (chatting, calling or physically) without running out of things to say.I used to think it's because I'm Introverted and anti-social

Does this mean I'm unintelligent?I am doing well in the university but academics alone can't be used as a yardstick.

How can I be well versed in a wide range of topics?How can I maintain intellectual conversations?
I need suggestions!

Mods can I get wider views on front page please.

READ...all u do is to read wide, and I mean READ, let reading occur to u naturally, like yo always willing to read new things at your leisure....and then, LISTEN too....nice Radio programme...u will be verse, trust me. I am, and people actually ask me questions to get clarification...
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by Hidewell(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2023
Re: How Do You Garner These Knowledge?? by 2braithe: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hidewell:
Sir. Please sir I am financially down and the transportation has eaten theory I made from the administrative job I am doing. Please sir I am hoping to rent an apartment close by but I don't have anything on me. You can read more about my story on my post that made frontpage. Please sir any amount to support this stranger in his struggling days will be appreciated sir. Please sir.

Sorry I'm not in a position to help.
I do hope you find the help you need.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BE HONEST!! Do You Prefer The Lights On During Sex? / If Food Does Not Give You Joy, Mention One Thing That Gives You Joy? / Justice For Princess,her Landlady Attacked &wants To Kill Her,here Is The Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.