Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (72758 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by uthlaw: 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.
As There is no other way to be Saved
Jesus was not a Christian, because he never go to church or mentioned Christianity in the Bible....apostle Paul is the founder of Christianity!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Idiko1: 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Idiotic narratives always come from the Yoruba people. Not being a Muslim saved the punk from the collapsed structure in Ikoyi.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by motayoayinde: 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.
Let us join our voice to pray for the victims and their families.

ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO ACHIEVE HERE BRO.

HE'S TALKING ABOUT BAREFACED DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RELIGION, DELIVERED IN THE MOST ARROGANT MANNER AND YOU'RE SAYING HE SHOULD SHUT UP?

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MUSLIMS IN THIS COUNTRY (the south in particular) HAS REACHED EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS.

IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY !

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by motayoayinde: 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
[quote author=Tranquillity360 post=107326796]Yoruba muslims don't like yoruba christians. [/quote

IT'S THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

6 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by dealslip(f): 3:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.
As There is no other way to be Saved
I like the fact that you are tenacious with reaching others with the gospel, however what Jesus Christ preached was the gospel of the Kingdom of God and it is a good news not a threat of hell.

7 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by DeadCountry: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.

LIAR MOHAMMED, STOP IT ALREADY. EVEN YOU KNOW VERY WELL THAT WHAT YOU WROTE IS NOT TRUE.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by FreedomfromtheT: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
JAMO84:
Nonsense.

Billions of people lived before Jesus, who saved them?

Do you want to tell me that they are all in hell?
There were righteous people as well as sinners who died before Christ came. The sinners went to hell. The righteous were in Paradise below which the Bible calls Abraham's bosom (Luke 16:22). After Christ's death, they were released. They are now in heaven. Now that Jesus has come, suffered and died for the sins of humanity, He is the only Saviour. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Our moral standing, good works, piety, philanthropic gestures, religious accomplishments, etc are like filthy rags before God (Isaiah 64:6). Non is enough to save any one. Repent and accept the finished work of Christ on the cross on your behalf and you will be saved. Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by madridguy(m): 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
Are we Muslim not discriminatory against one another? We Muslim of today are more separated and disunited more than any religion in Nigeria.
We don't longer sees ourselves as Muslim but Ahlu Sunna, Izzala, Ahlu Toreeqah, Teblig to mention few. Without unity we're going to suffer more.

motayoayinde:

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO ACHIEVE HERE BRO.

HE'S TALKING ABOUT BAREFACED DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RELIGION, DELIVERED IN THE MOST ARROGANT MANNER AND YOU'RE SAYING HE SHOULD SHUT UP?

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST MUSLIMS IN THIS COUNTRY (the south in particular) HAS REACHED EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS.

IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY !

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by madridguy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Are we Muslim not discriminatory against one another? We Muslim of today are more separated and disunited more than any religion in Nigeria.
We don't longer sees ourselves as Muslim but Ahlu Sunna, Izzala, Ahlu Toreeqah, Teblig to mention few. Without unity we're going to suffer more.

barbstee:

I beg to disagree though
This actually shows the level of intolerance/hatred that people can exhibit to Muslims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by madridguy(m): 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Left to me as see nothing wrong in what the 360 degree building owner said. He owns his job and he's free to hire the service of whoever he desires.

epondudu:

It's really necessary...we Nigerians are sick, we are tribal, religiously fanatic, there are somethings that people should start discussing in the public, it's really happening.
What if it's Happens the other way round?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Leverage2021: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:

truth dey your mouth

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by FreedomfromtheT: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
dealslip:

I like the fact that you are tenacious with reaching others with the gospel, however what Jesus Christ preached was the gospel of the Kingdom of God and it is a good news not a threat of hell.
You said the truth but not the complete truth. Jesus' Christ preached about hell as the eternal abode of the unrepentant more than any other in the Scriptures (Matthew 8: 11,12; 10:28; 13:37-50; 23:33; 25:41,46; Luke 12:4,5; 16:19-31 etc. Just like our Master and Saviour, it is out of love that true preachers tell sinners about the truth of the reality of hellfire so that they will repent and accept the Saviour before it becomes too late. For instance the sinners who died in that tragic Ikoyi building collapse have gone to hell! They do not have any other chance at repentance. It is not a threat. It is the reality.Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Zandena(f): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
This incident has exposed the lies that Yoruba people are tolerant!
If the Muslims in the south West embark on aggressive religious campaigns like their xtian counterparts, Maiduguri will be a child play!
The tolerance people talk about always is that the Muslim Yorubas are tolerant of others and not their xtians and that is what has contributed to shrinking population of muslims in the south west.
Muslims have been emasculated by xtians in the south west. Imagine that Female Muslim children should not cover their heads as required by their religion!
The most intolerant xtians in Nigeria are in the south west!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by dealslip(f): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
uthlaw:
Jesus was not a Christian, because he never go to church or mentioned Christianity in the Bible....apostle Paul is the founder of Christianity!
You are correct about the first part. Jesus Christ was not a Christian nor the symbol of any religion however Apostle Paul was not the founder of Christianity. According to Act, it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christian because people saw they behaved like Jesus Christ, they called them other names besides Christians, they called them the Way, the Brotherhood and Christians. The Christian were not persecuted because of religion, they were persecuted because they preached the Kingdom of God and that was high level treason against Caesar the head of the Roman empire. Now fast forward to Jesus Christ, He was not killed because of religion, He was accused of being the King of the Jews, that was why Pilate asked Him, if the accusations against Him was true. We also hear Him tell Peter not to take up a sword against the High Priest's servant as His Kingdom is not of this world. Now note He kept on emphasising the Kingdom of God not Religious matters.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Saao(m): 3:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Are there no Muslims among the dead as well as the survivors?
don't mind the idiots.

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Philistine(m): 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
This is very sad, a Yoruba christian discriminates a fellow Yoruba based on religion, the same MD recently employed an igbo lady who is a christian as his PA, yet he rejects his fellow Yoruba because of his religion. The Muric Man(Prof.Akintola) was right after all. Something is very wrong with Yoruba ethnic group, a tribe that discriminates his own just to please an outsider, hardly can such a thing happen in the North or East.

14 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by musiliyukayode(m): 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
Been a Muslim does not prevent one from death.

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Nilx: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
You are rejected and it turns out to be good for you.... that’s enough reason for you to be grateful but, not enough reason to tell us how much incompetent you are.

4 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by barbstee(m): 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:

Anything that is wrong is wrong it's in the chritiandom too.
However speaking up against such is right

6 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by uthlaw: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
dealslip:

You are correct about the first part. Jesus Christ was not a Christian nor the symbol of any religion however Apostle Paul was not the founder of Christianity. According to Act, it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christian because people saw they behaved like Jesus Christ, they called them other names besides Christians, they called them the Way, the Brotherhood and Christians. The Christian were not persecuted because of religion, they were persecuted because they preached the Kingdom of God and that was high level treason against Caesar the head of the Roman empire. Now fast forward to Jesus Christ, He was not killed because of religion, He was accused of being the King of the Jews, that was why Pilate asked Him, if the accusations against Him was true. We also hear Him tell Peter not to take up a sword against the High Priest's servant as His Kingdom is not of this world. Now note He kept on emphasising the Kingdom of God not Religious matters.
I love this write up....he was not killed for religion,why then,some claim he die for there sin!
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by barbstee(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:
Left to me as see nothing wrong in what the 360 degree building owner said. He owns his job and he's free to hire the service of whoever he desires.

Yes he has the right to some extent.however imagine if it was a Muslim that did that. What do you think will be trending by now?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by madridguy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Muslim are doing same thing bro. This is Nigeria bro.

barbstee:

Yes he has the right to some extent.however imagine if it was a Muslim that did that. What do you think will be trending by now?

4 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by dealslip(f): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You said the truth but not the complete truth. Jesus' Christ preached about hell as the eternal abode of the unrepentant more than any other in the Scriptures (Matthew 8: 11,12; 10:28; 13:37-50; 23:33; 25:41,46; Luke 12:4,5; 16:19-31 etc. Just like our Master and Saviour, it is out of love that true preachers tell sinners about the truth of the reality of hellfire so that they will repent and accept the Saviour before it becomes too late. For instance the sinners who died in that tragic Ikoyi building collapse have gone to hell! They do not have any other chance at repentance. It is not a threat. It is the reality.Thanks.
You have spoken well but please what Christ asked His disciples to spread was the good news of the Kingdom of God. That I didn't emphasis hell doesn't mean Christ didn't talk about it. It is useless to preach hell when you haven't demonstrated the saving power of the gospel of God. 1 Cor 2:4 Paul said, my message and preaching didn't come with persuasive words but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power. The mandate of Christ just before His Ascension was clear, Go into the nations and make disciples of men, I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome the power of the enemy. Nations, Disciples and Authority are critical words to note. Nations are the recipients of the gospel of the Kingdom of God, Disciples are Transformation agents in the Nations, Authority is transferred by someone holding a legal title authorising another to act on his behalf. My point to the guy I quoted is that, telling people about hell and not demonstrating the alternative he is advising them to take up is tantamount to threats. It is sabotaging to portray, the salvation of Jesus Christ like that.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by tamdun: 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
some individuals are taking this religion bullshit too far, just imagine, he can't work with muslim?

8 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ivolt: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
barbstee:
Nigerians can just be hypocritical!

No single condemnation of such act so far from a Christian. You can imagine the man allegedly saying that it's because of his religion that he hasn't made headway! So sickening as if there are no poor Christians
Such a religious bigot.

However if reverse happens to be the case they may likely "say no wonder the building collapsed" "The Lord is fighting for the Christians" and a whole lot of irritating things
Quit being emotional.
Where is the evidence of this man's claim?

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ivolt: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
He probably hasn't checked the casualty list.
It is bad to use other people's tragedy as your own launchpad.
SMH

6 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Philistine(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
tamdun:
Muslims too need to wake up, some individuals are taking this religion bullshit too far, just imagine, he can't work with muslim?
The MD is a Yoruba like himself, but he got rejected based on religion. The same MD recently employed an igbo Christian lady. Only in the SW can such discrimination occur.

4 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ivolt: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Zandena:
This incident has exposed the lies that Yoruba people are tolerant!
If the Muslims in the south West embark on aggressive religious campaigns like their xtian counterparts, Maiduguri will be a child play!
The tolerance people talk about always is that the Muslim Yorubas are tolerant of others and not their xtians and that is what has contributed to shrinking population of muslims in the south west.
Muslims have been emasculated by xtians in the south west. Imagine that Female Muslim children should not cover their heads as required by their religion!
The most intolerant xtians in Nigeria are in the south west!
Don't be a coward, ISWAP is calling and needs more recruits in Borno.
It is time to dump social media and fight for what you believe.

If only Maiduguri's people can turn back the hand of time, they would
choose differently and know that you and your type have nothing to
offer but death and destruction.

4 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by JAMO84: 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
There were righteous people as well as sinners who died before Christ came. The sinners went to hell. The righteous were in Paradise below which the Bible calls Abraham's bosom (Luke 16:22). After Christ's death, they were released. They are now in heaven. Now that Jesus has come, suffered and died for the sins of humanity, He is the only Saviour. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Our moral standing, good works, piety, philanthropic gestures, religious accomplishments, etc are like filthy rags before God (Isaiah 64:6). Non is enough to save any one. Repent and accept the finished work of Christ on the cross on your behalf and you will be saved. Thanks.
You've answered my question, they didn't know Jesus, let alone accept him as there personal lord and savior.

It was God they knew and it was him the righteous among them accepted as their lord.

Jesus himself never categorically claimed to be God.

He said my father is greater than I, my father is greater than all.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by FreedomfromtheT: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
dealslip:

You have spoken well but please what Christ asked His disciples to spread was the good news of the Kingdom of God. That I didn't emphasis hell doesn't mean Christ didn't talk about it. It is useless to preach hell when you haven't demonstrated the saving power of the gospel of God. 1 Cor 2:4 Paul said, my message and preaching didn't come with persuasive words but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power. The mandate of Christ just before His Ascension was clear, Go into the nations and make disciples of men, I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome the power of the enemy. Nations, Disciples and Authority are critical words to note. Nations are the recipients of the gospel of the Kingdom of God, Disciples are Transformation agents in the Nations, Authority is transferred by someone holding a legal title authorising another to act on his behalf. My point to the guy I quoted is that, telling people about hell and not demonstrating the alternative he is advising them to take up is tantamount to threats. It is sabotaging to portray, the salvation of Jesus Christ like that.
Ok..But where is he supposed to demonstrate the authority given by Christ - on nairaland? We are to preach the whole truth. Christ died to save us from sin - the consequences of continuous sinning is eternity in hell. The preaching of the saving truth and the demonstration of the power of God are not mutually exclusive in the field of evangelism. They go together. Before I close, do you know that John the Baptist did not demonstrate any authority, neither did he perform any miracles. He simply preached the gospel including telling his hearers about hell (Matthew 3:1-10). Multitudes thronged his ministry and he was the greatest among all born of women according to Christ's reckoning. What do I mean? Demonstration of God's power is necessary but preaching the gospel for sinners to repent most necessary. Thank you.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by godisshit(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
It actually stands for plenty kpekus

[img]https://images./3Egj8g6mIra1ffVEYf6xjZ.png[/img]

madridguy:

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by dealslip(f): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok..But where is he supposed to demonstrate the authority given by Christ - on nairaland? We are to preach the whole truth. Christ died to save us from sin - the consequences of continuous sinning is eternity in hell. The preaching of the saving truth and the demonstration of the power of God are not mutually exclusive in the field of evangelism. They go together. Before I close, do you know that John the Baptist did not demonstrate any authority, neither did he perform any miracles. He simply preached the gospel including telling his hearers about hell (Matthew 3:1-10). Multitudes thronged his ministry and he was the greatest among all born of women according to Christ's reckoning. What do I mean? Demonstration of God's power is necessary but preaching the gospel for sinners to repent most necessary. Thank you.
I understand your zeal but our zeal cannot bring about God's righteousness, how did the word of God spread in the act of Apostle? By preaching alone? When Christ before His death commissioned His disciples to spread the message of the Kingdom, what did He give them? Was it not authority to demonstrate the efficacy of the power of the Kingdom of God. They came back to Him saying, even the devils submitted.
When we want to point John the Baptist as a preacher of the gospel of the Kingdom of God, do you know John was a prophet still prophesying about the coming of Jesus Christ, He had one job to do, to point Jesus Christ to the people. John was of the old testament. The New Testament began with Jesus Christ's blood. Christ said of all men born of women, there is non greater than John the Baptist but the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than John the Baptist. Do we see how Jesus Christ clearly distinguished John and the new testament believers. John was the lucky one of all the prophets to see Jesus Christ in flesh and blood. Jesus Christ reveals that all the prophets before were eager to see His day(the time Jesus Christ would be revealed). My point is not that Christ didn't inform of hell but portraying it like the gospel that Christ preached is the issue here.
Whether on Nairaland or not, the power of God can be demonstrated. The words of the scripture are living and active. Reading the truth on Nairaland can cause a transformation in us, we read books and we are transformed, how much more the Word of God, that is alive and active. The word of God is not in chains. Any word that is Spirit breathed will transform and heal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside A N1 Billion Mansion In Ikoyi, Lagos!! (Video) / Photos: The 10 Tallest Buildings In Nigeria (2018) / Can 25 Million Naira Build This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.