Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (72755 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by odebmart(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.
As There is no other way to be Saved!

Modified
My Brothers and Sisters, Listen to me!
Being angry, Insulting us or being Bitter cannot change what is Written.

As a Servant of GOD, it is my duty to tell you the truth irrespective of how Bitter! It is your Choice to acce pt or reject the truth.
Every word we put out here will be replayed to you on the other side as you cannot say , you didn't know.

It does not Matter who we are or how religious we are. If you did not Surrender to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR, Forget about Eternal life in Heaven.

It is comments like this that makes people run away from Christianity, Jesus Christ made it perfectly clear that he did not come to save those who think they are perfect because a person that is well does not need a doctor, he showed love and interacted with prostitutes, tax collector's e t.c and won them to God, he also said it is by God's grace that we are saved, probably if you were born into a dedicated Muslim family you will be defending Islam more. Most people that became born again heard the word over and over until they made up their mind, you can not judge or condemn anyone because you are not God. [Have you thought about it, that maybe God actually allowed that building fall because of that man's utterances, it is very unfortunate that others have to die or get injured in the process ( just my thought)]
This judgemental attitude by Christians has to stop. If you look closely you will find out that Christianity is loosing more value because of Christians themselves. No wonder Gandhi said he loves Jesus more than the Christians, because the Christians are nothing like Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Uptheante(m): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
JAMO84:
Nonsense.

Billions of people lived before Jesus, who saved them?

Do you want to tell me that they are all in hell?
U are so stupid for denigrating Jesus Christ.
Let me warn u, on judgement day, it is the same Jesus Christ whom u stubbornly refuse to believe, that will judge u & ur fellow religious members

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Idaytesj29(m): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
ivolt:

How do you face the negative practice and stop it?
Please reply.

We should start by condemning it with our speech. There is power in the voices of the people.

We should also not keep quiet when we are a victim. Most people who discriminate based on ethnicity or religion usually are afraid to defend it in public or media cos they know its wrong.

Each and everyone of us should stop religious bashing on social media space, we can do it.

Nigeria govt shouldn't have a state religion. The news that a state is using tax payers money to build mosque is a sad one.

Schools should teach ethnic and religious tolerance and make them understand that we are human beings first before any ethnic or religious affiliations.

At assemblies in schools, teachers should ensure assemblies are conducted in both religions.

At the level of families, if you have Christian relatives celebrate with them visit and merry with them and when its time for Muslim festivities too, the Christians should also return the same gesture. This is how we grew up till religious leaders started preaching against these things and religious tensions follows it.

The constitution should be amended to state that its illegal to have no Christians or no Muslims in any organization be it religious or not.

These are the little I can think of for now, I hope it helps. You should share your thoughts too, let's learn from your knowledge. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Semaj77(m): 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

No mind am!

Them don start! MURIC disciples!

Shebi the corper girl is a Muslim , he's just seeking attention

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by delzbaba(m): 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
the person that pushed this to front page on friday knowing fully well what it would whip up on nairaland is stupid,,unverified senseless news, both religions were working in that tower on the day it fell.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ajumma(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.
Let us join our voice to pray for the victims and their families.

ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.

Is necessary because if it was the other way round CAN would have petition UN now

wawa kowai

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ajumma(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
JAMO84:
If the man was a Muslim that reject a non Muslim, they will call him terrorist.

no mind those bigotries
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Ephemmm: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
uthlaw:
what is the meaning of Christ?

"We breathed into her (Mary) from My Spirit." (Quran 21:91)

It is He who gives life and causes death; and when He decrees a matter, He but says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is." (Quran 40:68)

Qura 5:110

Then will Allah (God) say: “O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favor to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit (roohi alqudusi), so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel. And behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the Clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: ‘This is nothing but evident magic.’

Quaran 3:55 "Behold! Allah said: O Jesus! I will take thee And raise thee to Myself And clear thee (of the falsehoods) Of those who blaspheme; I will make those Who follow thee superior To those who reject faith, To the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, And I will judge Between you of the matters wherein ye dispute."

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by eebraa(m): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
It is well. We all know how some Christians openly say they can't employ a muslim or even have a relationship with one. Some muslims also do the same thing. We can continue to do cover up or pretend about it but that's the truth.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Aidejay(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
TotoGame:
Strictly ewedu region affairs....
grin ewedu na sweet something. no wonder u dey put mouth. mongrel.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ivolt: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
Idaytesj29:

We should start by condemning it with our speech. There is power in the voices of the people.

We should also not keep quiet when we are a victim. Most people who discriminate based on ethnicity or religion usually are afraid to defend it in public or media cos they know its wrong.
There is a problem you are not seeing.
If someone refuse to give you a job for bigotry and they don't want bad publicity.
They will simply conduct a normal interview and send you a regret letter later.
You won't even know the reason for non-hiring.
This man voiced out his reasons because he fears no consequence in the current setting.
When there are consequences for such action, people like him won't give out any details for
their decision and you can't read their mind!

Even in federal educational institutions that is supposed to be equal, recruitments are based first
on the applicant state, then the dominant religion and then others. Of course, they won't
tell you unless you are close to some insiders.

Each and everyone of us should stop religious bashing on social media space, we can do it.

Nigeria govt shouldn't have a state religion. The news that a state is using tax payers money to build mosque is a sad one.

Schools should teach ethnic and religious tolerance and make them understand that we are human beings first before any ethnic or religious affiliations.

At assemblies in schools, teachers should ensure assemblies are conducted in both religions.

At the level of families, if you have Christian relatives celebrate with them visit and merry with them and when its time for Muslim festivities too, the Christians should also return the same gesture. This is how we grew up till religious leaders started preaching against these things and religious tensions follows it.
These advice all sound good, but why will anyone follow it given what we know of humans?

The constitution should be amended to state that its illegal to have no Christians or no Muslims in any organization be it religious or not.

These are the little I can think of for now, I hope it helps. You should share your thoughts too, let's learn from your knowledge. Thanks
I can tell you for a fact that this failed project have several muslims working on it even a top consultant is one of them.
And the patrons have muslims including Lagos deputy governor and Oluwo of Iwo.

Quota system or tokenism do not work in reality.
There is nothing stopping a bigot from employing 2 people of different religion juts to meet up with
legal mandate and filling other positions with his people.

If you watched this interview, the man allegedly asked directly for the applicants church and not his religion
meaning, he would still have been rejected if he attends the wrong church.

The issue of discrimination in hiring cannot be legally solved.
Can it be improved, yeah a bit, but there is definitely no winning it.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Tremple8v: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Christians wont like this . Why did you say such.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
Yoruba muslims

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Abiodun1989: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
Nigerians can just be hypocritical!

No single condemnation of such act so far from a Christian. You can imagine the man allegedly saying that it's because of his religion that he hasn't made headway! So sickening as if there are no poor Christians
Such a religious bigot.

However if reverse happens to be the case they may likely "say no wonder the building collapsed" "The Lord is fighting for the Christians" and a whole lot of irritating things

I concur with you absolutely

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by daroz(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
This Yoruba Muslim is a suspect. Your job offer was rejected, and just about two hours later that same building collapsed. They should investigate him properly.

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
The man is just being bitter because he wasn't offered a job there.end of discussion grin
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Ndubuisipaul1: 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.

Modified

As a Servant of GOD, it is my duty to tell you the truth irrespective of how Bitter! It is your Choice to accept or reject the truth.
Every word we put out here will be replayed to you on the other side as you cannot say , you didn't know.

It does not Matter who we are or how religious we are. If you did not Surrender to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR, Forget about Eternal life in Heaven.

If this is how you address people , you better go to that your heaven alone
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by jaggabban: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
ote author=barbstee post=107327526]Nigerians can just be hypocritical!

No single condemnation of such act so far from a Christian. You can imagine the man allegedly saying that it's because of his religion that he hasn't made headway! So sickening as if there are no poor Christians
Such a religious bigot.

However if reverse happens to be the case they may likely "say no wonder the building collapsed" "The Lord is fighting for the Christians" and a whole lot of irritating things[/quote]
QED

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by FantasyHub: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Just look at d kind of energy already exhausted on this thread and still running. All to defend their different religions.

If only the average nigerian/African applies this manner of energy into making a better society, nigeria and Africa at large would've by far been a better place.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Pymetrics: 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

As a Servant of GOD, it is my duty to tell you the truth irrespective of how Bitter! It is your Choice to accept or reject the truth.

The way it's your duty to mislead people is also the same our duty to let you and your followers know that only Allah is to be served in line with the message of Prophet Muhammad PBUH. It is our duty to let you know that Jesus was a Prophet, not a son to Allah and he preached Oneness to Allah before he was ascended. It is our duty to let you and your followers know that Prophet Muhammad received baton of gospel from Jesus the same way Jesus received the baton of gospel from other preceding prophets before him. The message of Prophet Muhammad PBUH has erased every other messages before him and if you died without accepting his message, consider your return in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by APCNig: 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
delightglobal:
Generally 90% dont like christians

Stop what you are smoking before it stops your life.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by TotoGame(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
Midas01:
This your comment is very stupid and very funny at the same time, I don't know wether to call you a bloody tribalist or just to laugh and pass grin

It's a free world......the choice is yours
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by TotoGame(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Aidejay:
grin ewedu na sweet something. no wonder u dey put mouth. mongrel.

Ewudu that looks like soak-away juice .... yoruba people dey try oooo!
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by yahmohy27: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

That's what he believed too.
That without you accepting ISLAM as a religion you are headed to destruction
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by yahmohy27: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
JAMO84:
Nonsense.

Dont mind the guy jare.
He's the one headed for destruction so long he didn't accept the religion of ISLAM
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by fof1: 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
How My Rejection For Being A Muslim Saved Me From Ikoyi Building Collapse - ADEBOWALE SIKIRU

A young man by the name ADEBOWALE SIKIRU narrated how he was rejected by the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building simply because of his religion just minutes before the collapsed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgIZvkjqPo

From 3:10

LIES FOR RELIGION SAKE...HEIGHTS OF FALSEHOOD TO PROMOTE RELIGIOUS BIASES IS RIFE IN D SOUTH WEST...
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by blaise26abj(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
How My Rejection For Being A Muslim Saved Me From Ikoyi Building Collapse - ADEBOWALE SIKIRU

A young man by the name ADEBOWALE SIKIRU narrated how he was rejected by the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building simply because of his religion just minutes before the collapsed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgIZvkjqPo

From 3:10

First of all a URP grad seeking employment as a site engineer and he is doing IT certifications on weekends ? This guy is another example of why buildings collapse .
While he is trying to paint the man bad ( if true is stupid ) ended up exposing himself as an idiot
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ISelectMySins: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
There were righteous people as well as sinners who died before Christ came. The sinners went to hell.

Wrong.

Dead wrong.

Twice as wrong.

Treacherously deadwrong. No one has ever gone to Hell.

FreedomfromtheT:
The righteous were in Paradise below which the Bible calls Abraham's bosom (Luke 16:22).

Brother, every righteous person that has ever lived on earth is in the grave except those whom God is especially pleased with, like Elijah, Moses and a handful of others who lived in time.

There is no two resurrections, two judgment, two Heavens, two...

There is only one bro, and it hasn't happened yet. God would judge the dead and the living once. A day like no other. Stop believing needless conjectures and what hasn't been clearly written.

The Abraham's bosom talked about is an illustrative lessons for the Jews of Christ days about the torments of Hell to drill a significant lesson, but we cannot use that as a basis to be extremely irrational and illogical about what God has seen would come to pass. We don't know if there's a drop of water in Heaven, we don't know if there's a gulf between Heaven and Hell, we don't know quite a number of things. We are only certain about its existence and intensity. Every other thing is a story that carries an important message. [/quote]

FreedomfromtheT:

After Christ's death, they were released. They are now in heaven. Now that Jesus has come, suffered and died for the sins of humanity, He is the only Saviour.

Based on Mathew's account in the 27th chapter. Yes, but while it says many righteous people arose from the grave, we don't have any more information about their numbers, why they were raised, who they are and others. Because flipping this concludes that there is second chance in the afterlife for all by reason of divine ordinance.

No, we are not sure. We don't know why Christ went to Hades (Hell). Maybe it's a necessary implication of being a human, just like his being born of a virgin is a necessary condition for being sinless.

FreedomfromtheT:
All have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Our moral standing, good works, piety, philanthropic gestures, religious accomplishments, etc are like filthy rags before God (Isaiah 64:6). Non is enough to save any one. Repent and accept the finished work of Christ on the cross on your behalf and you will be saved. Thanks.

You concluded well.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Sammerboi: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
JAMO84:
Nonsense.

He’s mad don’t mind that mumu boy.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by tee4naija(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2

Stop this madness on a public forum. Carry your Jesus to a nearby church where mumus like you are waiting to accept anything without questioning. What do youtell someone who rejected a fellow man for not being of the same faith with his? God's judgement shall start here on earth and shall start in the house of God.
107326277:

Modified

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Sammerboi: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
Most Yoruba’s treat one another as equal no matter your religion. But from what this guy said about Mr. Femi Osibona got me shocked. We don’t do the religious thing in Yoruba land.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ISelectMySins: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You said the truth but not the complete truth. Jesus' Christ preached about hell as the eternal abode of the unrepentant more than any other in the Scriptures (Matthew 8: 11,12; 10:28; 13:37-50; 23:33; 25:41,46; Luke 12:4,5; 16:19-31 etc. Just like our Master and Saviour, it is out of love that true preachers tell sinners about the truth of the reality of hellfire so that they will repent and accept the Saviour before it becomes too late. For instance the sinners who died in that tragic Ikoyi building collapse have gone to hell! They do not have any other chance at repentance. It is not a threat. It is the reality.Thanks.

No, they have not gone to Hell. They are in the grave. They would be judged on the Day of Judgement and would receive recompense for their deeds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Inside A N1 Billion Mansion In Ikoyi, Lagos!! (Video) / Photos: The 10 Tallest Buildings In Nigeria (2018) / Can 25 Million Naira Build This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.