Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (72761 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by zeuss: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
If only the dead could talk........OP how do we know you are not telling lies..
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by zeuss: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
barbstee:
Nigerians can just be hypocritical!

No single condemnation of such act so far from a Christian. You can imagine the man allegedly saying that it's because of his religion that he hasn't made headway! So sickening as if there are no poor Christians
Such a religious bigot.

However if reverse happens to be the case they may likely "say no wonder the building collapsed" "The Lord is fighting for the Christians" and a whole lot of irritating things

He maybe fabricating a story to sell himself to people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by CUMIN: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.
As There is no other way to be Saved

If a non christian that do good deeds all his life will go to hell.
And a Christian that's very wicked can go to paradise.

The morality of your God is in question.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by CUMIN: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.
Let us join our voice to pray for the victims and their families.

ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.

The corper lady is a Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by epondudu: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
madridguy:
Left to me as see nothing wrong in what the 360 degree building owner said. He owns his job and he's free to hire the service of whoever he desires.

Can you tell an H.I.V patient directly that you won't employ him/her due to his/her status.?
Imagine out are a white man and you told a black guy you can't employ him due to his colour.
The guy can reject him but he doesn't need to go to the extent of openly admitting he is a bigot.

14 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Bunmhi(f): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
Everybody go dey come out dey say their mind now. We no go rest abi?
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by orisa37: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
WHAT COUNTS IS THAT YOUR TIME TO GO TO WHEREVER HASN'T REACHED.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
rubbish waiting concern religion inside the mater now.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Nukilia: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
The guy should be investigated! I smell a rat undecided
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by juman(m): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
I believe the story.
It might be right.
But the developer was candid enough and explained why he needed a Christian person.
He could just say no to him without any explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by delpee(f): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
We've seen Muslims names on the list of survivors. A woman was there asking for her daughter, Zainab who was said to be on IT.

Really, people shouldn't be chasing clout or catching cruise on a matter so grievous.

5 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Idaytesj29(m): 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
barbstee:
Why do we like to deny the obvious
This is something that happens even between Christians of different denomination

God bless you. Instead of us to face this negative practices and stop it, all the comments kept doing propaganda and names calling. Later they will all be shouting about how the country is this and that.

Adebowale Sikiru's case is not the first. Many people have experienced this be it Muslims or Christians, even withing their religious groups. Some people will look at you and say you are not Muslim enough or you are not Christian enough. As a result, deny you job opportunities, promotion, tenancy rights, right to association or any other life changing openings.

It happens in civil service too, if a religious fanatics is at the helm of affairs and you are unfortunate to not belong to his or her own group, you are in soup.

Infact, religious discrimination is stronger and more profound than ethnic discrimination, the owner of the Ikoyi apartment employed a P.A of eastern origin cos she is a Christina but refused to employ that man cos he is a Muslim even though they speak same language.

I feel very bad reading many of these comments, the comments only shows that we are not better than our leaders and we got what we deserves in them.

As long as we do these injustice to ourselves as a people, our leaders will continue to play that religious and ethnicity card to divide and rule us all, there by keeping the ordinary Nigerians in poverty and penury while they embezzle away the financial future of this country.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Idaytesj29(m): 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
delpee:
We've seen Muslims names on the list of survivors. A woman was there asking for her daughter, Zainab who was said to be on IT.

Really, people shouldn't be chasing clout or catching cruise on a matter so grievous.

We have Pastor Moses Muideen Kasali. Zaynab could be Christian too. Names does not all the time determines religious affiliations.

4 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by baby124: 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dangida a northern Muslim was working there. Shame on you, useless guy. Liar.

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by baby124: 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Idaytesj29:

We have Pastor Moses Muideen Kasali. Zaynab could be Christian too. Names does not all the time determines religious affiliations.
Zainab Sanni is a Muslim for sure. See her pictures first

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by IamAsiri: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
uthlaw:
Jesus was not a Christian, because he never go to church or mentioned Christianity in the Bible....apostle Paul is the founder of Christianity!

Jesus is Christ himself while Christians are followers of Christ. Apostle Paul was not the founder of Christianity; Jesus disciples were, of whom Peter was their leader. The Christianity religion stemmed from the life and death of Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by uthlaw: 12:24am On Nov 05, 2021
IamAsiri:

Jesus is Christ himself while Christians are followers of Christ. Apostle Paul was not the founder of Christianity; Jesus disciples were, of whom Peter was their leader. The Christianity religion stemmed from the life and death of Jesus Christ.
what is the meaning of Christ?
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by SILVERLINES: 1:12am On Nov 05, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.

[s]ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.
[/s]

I almost click the like button when I saw the last line
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by SILVERLINES: 1:15am On Nov 05, 2021
The ashaaaawo girl wey interview d nigga na pure learner

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Microwhy: 1:46am On Nov 05, 2021
madridguy:

ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.
But probably not through the Mr Femi in his claims.
Some people you see on everyday basis are fanatic and extremist.
I was in a car with someone who refused buying orange from a woman simply because she's a Muslim.
The man is a Christian convert with all his siblings and parents still devoted and good Muslims.
He still run to his Muslim family for help during hard time but his mindset is so bad toward muslims.

11 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by eagleu: 1:52am On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
A young man by the name ADEBOWALE SIKIRU narrated how he was rejected by the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building simply because of his religion just minutes before the collapsed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgIZvkjqPo

You are sick!
Go rejoice over the dead, if that's what your religion teaches you.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by SarkinYarki: 1:59am On Nov 05, 2021
Lies
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Johnnyessence(m): 2:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Another clueless liar here. Don’t ever believe what he’s saying oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by madridguy(m): 3:57am On Nov 05, 2021
I'm sure the orange seller didn't see her before she goes into the trade. She will surely sell her orange minus without the bigot.

Microwhy:

But probably not through the Mr Femi in his claims.
Some people you see on everyday basis are fanatic and extremist.
I was in a car with someone who refused buying orange from a woman simply because she's a Muslim.
The man is a Christian convert with all his siblings and parents still devoted and good Muslims.
He still run to his Muslim family for help during hard time but his mindset is so bad toward muslims.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ednut1(m): 4:38am On Nov 05, 2021
A foolish thing to do. Will affect his job prospects in future

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by femi4: 4:58am On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
A young man by the name ADEBOWALE SIKIRU narrated how he was rejected by the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building simply because of his religion just minutes before the collapsed!

Liar!

So, all those people that died were non Muslim?

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by richard69(m): 5:02am On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:

how are we sure you didn't go back to plant bomb because you were rejected? Allahu akbar!
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ntyce(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2021
eagleu:

You are sick!
Go rejoice over the dead, if that's what your religion teaches you.

I'm sure you and others criticising the guy didn't watch the video...

Buy sufficient data and watch

What the MD said to him is something that goes on here in the southwest.

You hear people say, how will you act when we are praying and shouting Hallelujah in my house?
Hope you won't bring your prayer mat to my house to pray?
I could have done more for you or employed you if you were a Christian.

My blood uncle who was a Christian once told me years ago that he can't allow me pray in the Islamic way in his house and that I must follow him to church in Sundays.

I watched a particular interview if this Mr Femi with TVC news some weeks ago, all he did was to make reference to his success as a born again Christian.
Even Mathew Ashimolowo acknowledged that he was very religious...

Based on these, it may not be out of place to say he discriminates based in religion.

He's dead now, I pray he finds peace with his creator.

May his soul rest in peace and his family is strong enough to bear his loss

9 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.
As There is no other way to be Saved

Without Muhammad, you're heading to destruction undecided
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by UncleAyo: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Three out of these six survivor are muslims, some people are simply mischievous:

Oduntan Timilehin, 26

Ahmed Kendeku, 19, (A Beninoise)

Sunday Monday, 21

Adeniran Mayowa, 37

Solagbade Nurudeen, 33

Waliu Lateef, 32

3 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Toosure70: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2021
You are the number one suspect.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by oyatz(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2021
epondudu:

It's really necessary...we Nigerians are sick, we are tribal, religiously fanatic, there are somethings that people should start discussing in the public, it's really happening.
What if it's Happens the other way round?

So how come that three out of the six survivors are muslims?

The guy was not employed ,not because of any religion but because of his altitudunal shortcomings and incompetence.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside A N1 Billion Mansion In Ikoyi, Lagos!! (Video) / Photos: The 10 Tallest Buildings In Nigeria (2018) / Can 25 Million Naira Build This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.