Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me (72759 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Onyinye Enekwe Dies One Month To Her Wedding / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Help Me Before Termites Collapse My Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Sleekfingers: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
How My Rejection For Being A Muslim Saved Me From Ikoyi Building Collapse - ADEBOWALE SIKIRU

A young man by the name ADEBOWALE SIKIRU narrated how he was rejected by the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building simply because of his religion just minutes before the collapsed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJgIZvkjqPo

From 3:10

Una don come with lies and whipping up unnecessary sentiments
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Sedonxavi: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Are there no Muslims among the dead as well as the survivors?
You should answer the question by yourself
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by tuna85: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Alhamdulillaah for you Bro

We should stick strictly to our Islaam even during tough times, may Allaah continue to guide and protect us, may He grant us everlasting steadfastness upon the deen of islaam.

Some non-muslims will not understand

2 Likes

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Sedonxavi: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.
As There is no other way to be Saved!

Modified
My Brothers and Sisters, Listen to me!
Being angry, Insulting us or being Bitter cannot change what is Written.

As a Servant of GOD, it is my duty to tell you the truth irrespective of how Bitter! It is your Choice to accept or reject the truth.
Every word we put out here will be replayed to you on the other side as you cannot say , you didn't know.

It does not Matter who we are or how religious we are. If you did not Surrender to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR, Forget about Eternal life in Heaven.
See how idiots is talking rubbish. With over 50 different version of your Bible and still counting with different false story you still want the guided soul to get astray into Christianity. Jesus like they named it for you has come and left and another prophet came after him now left for you to belief the one after him
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
tollyboy5:

You mean he's telling lies?

That's exactly what I mean.

If he was rejected because he was a Muslim, how about the Muslim girl that died in that building?

And I'm sure she wasn't the only Muslim working on that project either.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Hollawayn05(m): 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:
Brother I Praise GOD for your being alive. But that does not change the fact that Without JESUS Christ you are headed for Destruction in Hell.

Modified

As a Servant of GOD, it is my duty to tell you the truth irrespective of how Bitter! It is your Choice to accept or reject the truth.
Every word we put out here will be replayed to you on the other side as you cannot say , you didn't know.

It does not Matter who we are or how religious we are. If you did not Surrender to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR, Forget about Eternal life in Heaven.

Enjoy the Nairaland fame while it last
I pray you find the light befor it's too late
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Kyf1: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
Really
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Caseless: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.
Let us join our voice to pray for the victims and their families.

ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.

Did you watch the interview?
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Idaytesj29(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
ivolt:

There is a problem you are not seeing.
If someone refuse to give you a job for bigotry and they don't want bad publicity.
They will simply conduct a normal interview and send you a regret letter later.
You won't even know the reason for non-hiring.
This man voiced out his reasons because he fears no consequence in the current setting.
When there are consequences for such action, people like him won't give out any details for
their decision and you can't read their mind!

Even in federal educational institutions that is supposed to be equal, recruitments are based first
on the applicant state, then the dominant religion and then others. Of course, they won't
tell you unless you are close to some insiders.

These advice all sound good, but why will anyone follow it given what we know of humans?

I can tell you for a fact that this failed project have several muslims working on it even a top consultant is one of them.
And the patrons have muslims including Lagos deputy governor and Oluwo of Iwo.

Quota system or tokenism do not work in reality.
There is nothing stopping a bigot from employing 2 people of different religion juts to meet up with
legal mandate and filling other positions with his people.

If you watched this interview, the man allegedly asked directly for the applicants church and not his religion
meaning, he would still have been rejected if he attends the wrong church.

The issue of discrimination in hiring cannot be legally solved.
Can it be improved, yeah a bit, but there is definitely no winning it.

We are still on same page. Improving it is even a long term project cos we didnt get here overnight.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Caseless: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Are there no Muslims among the dead as well as the survivors?
have you seen Muslims from the position he applied to be among the dead?

Why are we pretending as if these things don't happen? We don't even vote good candidates because they are not of our religion or tribe. Mr Femi was just trying to please his church. He might not be a bad person after all, but he feared what his church would say if they found him give such job to a Muslim. In fact, such important position won't even be given to someone from another denomination of Christianity, let alone a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Caseless: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

Balderdash.

Show me where Jesus said he was a Christian. You even adopted the name given to you by pagans and condemn others who don't fall under the name to hell.

You better quit deceiving yourself. Christianity is no way to heaven. Just learn to love and be good and stop reading fake book.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by georgee(m): 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

Oloriburuku ni e
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Sheriman(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Idaytesj29:

God bless you. Instead of us to face this negative practices and stop it, all the comments kept doing propaganda and names calling. Later they will all be shouting about how the country is this and that.

Adebowale Sikiru's case is not the first. Many people have experienced this be it Muslims or Christians, even withing their religious groups. Some people will look at you and say you are not Muslim enough or you are not Christian enough. As a result, deny you job opportunities, promotion, tenancy rights, right to association or any other life changing openings.

It happens in civil service too, if a religious fanatics is at the helm of affairs and you are unfortunate to not belong to his or her own group, you are in soup.

Infact, religious discrimination is stronger and more profound than ethnic discrimination, the owner of the Ikoyi apartment employed a P.A of eastern origin cos she is a Christina but refused to employ that man cos he is a Muslim even though they speak same language.

I feel very bad reading many of these comments, the comments only shows that we are not better than our leaders and we got what we deserves in them.

As long as we do these injustice to ourselves as a people, our leaders will continue to play that religious and ethnicity card to divide and rule us all, there by keeping the ordinary Nigerians in poverty and penury while they embezzle away the financial future of this country.
Yeah, you're absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ud4u: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Switruth:
Ur time never reach.

Na so
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Agboconsult1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
He's seeking for attention from MURIC

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by tete7000(m): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:

I beg to disagree though
This actually shows the level of intolerance/hatred that people can exhibit to Muslims.

And the man in question can deny that he has never benefitted from a Christian in his entire life or can you yourself deny the same thing? Every Christian you met have been hostile to you because you are a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by BRATISLAVA: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:

I beg to disagree though
This actually shows the level of intolerance/hatred that people can exhibit to Muslims.

It's of note that the only people who could defend themselves against that claim are dead.

Which begets the question: what exactly is the narrators point?
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by BRATISLAVA: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ephemmm:

"We breathed into her (Mary) from My Spirit." (Quran 21:91)

It is He who gives life and causes death; and when He decrees a matter, He but says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is." (Quran 40:68)

Qura 5:110

Then will Allah (God) say: “O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favor to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit (roohi alqudusi), so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel. And behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the Clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: ‘This is nothing but evident magic.’

Quaran 3:55 "Behold! Allah said: O Jesus! I will take thee And raise thee to Myself And clear thee (of the falsehoods) Of those who blaspheme; I will make those Who follow thee superior To those who reject faith, To the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, And I will judge Between you of the matters wherein ye dispute."

This is interesting.

What are the Clear Signs?

Does this mean the Clear Signs of Jesus should be accepted by Muslims, because it is Allah who permitted it? But if so, why don't Muslims accept Jesus the way Christians do, when clearly they should? There's an open collaboration, meaning Muslims should believe in Jesus. Why resisting the words of the Holy Quran?

If 3:55 above said that Allah lifted Jesus, and those who follow Him will be Superior on the day of Resurrection compared to any others.

Doesn't that clearly mean that Jesus is the way?

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Neddyogu(m): 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
This might not be far from the truth. I had once experienced rejection cos I wasn't a Roman Catholic at a Catholic mission hospital. It happens.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by ledaman: 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

You are the one marked for destruction because even Jesus Christ can't save himself. Only Almighty God can save.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by DavidPRICEGATE(m): 7:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
Very UNNECESSARY Clout Chasing. As a Building Engr myself, I can tell you for free that 80% of Artisan working on any site in Lagos is a Muslim. Plumbers, Masons, Welders, name it. Yoruba Muslims owing to their large family hardly train their children beyond school cert, but they always encourage vocational skills, which has been a huge advantage though. My close to 20years site experience made me know this
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Chochovini: 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

. Maximum respect Sir. More grace and fresh annointing to continue Sir. I honestly love this.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by GROWTHSET(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
barbstee:
Why do we like to deny the obvious
This is something that happens even between Christians of different denomination
Exactly.I have a Deeper life colleague who always complain that the Redeem members have an agenda to dominant and sideline any non Redeem person.so it's very possible that guy really experience such descrimination.It happens sometimes.So there many christian who will not descriminate while some chose to.

1 Like

Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Standardcosting(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
madridguy:
Left to me as see nothing wrong in what the 360 degree building owner said. He owns his job and he's free to hire the service of whoever he desires.

You 're a big fool
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by bongap1: 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
was that why u blew up the building? lol
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by rezzy: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
zeuss:
If only the dead could talk........OP how do we know you are not telling lies..

Same thing my husband said.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Aidejay(m): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
TotoGame:

Ewudu that looks like soak-away juice .... yoruba people dey try oooo!
as you don talk this one now your life don better na. You no see as you dey progress..
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by fyneboi79(m): 1:40am On Nov 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

Every word we put out here will bebe replayed to you on the other side as you cannot say , you didn't know.

mumu! Haven't you ever heard the word " Ethnocentrism".
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by deji17: 1:43am On Nov 06, 2021
Why did anyone block or remove the video?
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by Flash360: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2021
People will be so religious but yet will be cutting corners. Every govt meeting is started with a prayer, yet its wickedness and corruption that follows. This guy's interview is not about which religion is superior, but how people discriminate based on things that dont matter to the result needed. Same way Buhari will put a fulani Muslim over anyone from other tribe and religion knowing there are more suitable candidates.

But brain dead youths are here dissing each other religion like that's the koko.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by lajidson(m): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
madridguy:
Brother ADEBOWALE SIKIRU this is not necessary. You can't say no single Muslim have worked or make any supply in the building.
Let us join our voice to pray for the victims and their families.

ISLAM stand for peace, unity and love.
What about corper Zainab who was accepted? This guy still causing another problem using religion.
Re: Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me by arewaseye: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
Righteousness2:

Modified

is this how to preach the gospel?Did Jesus use this your style of bitterness and hatred?Are we not supposed to preach the truth in love?With this your style on this forum how many have you won to christ?Receive understanding

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Inside A N1 Billion Mansion In Ikoyi, Lagos!! (Video) / Photos: The 10 Tallest Buildings In Nigeria (2018) / Can 25 Million Naira Build This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.