Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39622 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Valuc: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Wots the essence of friends wen u cnt get 3k from them... Maybe your friends already know u to be someone that doesn't repay loan given to u same as ua treating this loan company... The loan people suppose find u come house come beat u very well..

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Scarfin(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2021
How do we kill this entitlement mentality among young men?
Why won't they join Bokoharam & IPOB with this lack of sense of responsibility?

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Coolgent(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent

U agreed to their outrageous terms and conditions and yet you defaulted, Oga pay them asap.
You are one of our numerous problems

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Jwonder(m): 10:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Glitcher:
don't be a sissy, there are laws regulating interest rates, let the loan apps follow the laws is what I'm saying. According to the law, no lender can prosecute until after 1 year of oweing, interest rate is maximum of 48% per annum which is 4% monthly. If you are not also another wicked lender then I am sure you will not be supporting this. People no longer invest in business in Nigeria, they loan their money out to receive interest as high as 25% monthly plus capital. That is unspeakable evil of man to another man and if you cannot see it then it is because you yourself are part of this grave wickedness to humanity.

If you feel the interest rate is too high why then do you collect the loan, why not go to the bank with collateral and collect a loan.
AS I HAVE ALWAYS STATED, don't take a loan if you're not okay with the interest rate.

So if I give you a loan in exchange for your life, will you accept it?

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by kaymart: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2021
This thread appears like a marketing strategy by loan sharks/company to draw sympathy to themselves....
No reasonable human with such level of education judging from the write-up will have this sort of mentality....

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by kingxsamz(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2021
Nawa for you people o. You'll collect loan finish, oya pay back, you'll begin to give story.
It's not as if you collected 100 thousand naira loan. Don't you know that's someone's business also? Pay the remaining small change you're complaining of threat. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by viktor556(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Pay the interest.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2021
ocloud:

My case with fairmoney was a different case sitting in the devil's conner awaiting trial.
It happens that I got a loan of 30k from them and I was contemplating getting a higher loan of 80k as soon as I settle the 30k. This purpose of this 80k was to add to 150k to pay house rent. One day some unknown guys came to my working place to advertise a loan offer from a company I find out was close to my office. In anticipation, I called the line to confirm the modalities and it was a female voice that spoke with me about what I needed to do. Later the following day, this person started a WhatsApp chat with me and told this person of my intention to get another loan of 80k after settling my 30k laon. So this person asked where I got loan from and I said fairmoney, (I will be using she). So she told me they work with fairmoney that I can only get 80k if they help me upgrade my next loan. I didn't doupt this person in the first bcz the WhatsApp DP showed fairmoney logo.

So the day I wanted to balance my 30k Dept, I chatted this person and she told me to supply my fairmoney money details as a prove I own the account. She asked for my phone number,bvn and date of birth I used in opening fairmoney account and I forward to her. Few minutes later, she told me to pay the dept and reapply for another loan and I should tell her the highest offer given to me, I did and it was 50k. I told her and she said I should hold on that she's working on the upgrade, few minutes after I receive a password changed message, few seconds after I got a credit alart of 50k and instantly the money went out into another microfinance bank.
I was shivering and my head was not on my body when I saw this. I tried chat her back but this person blocked me immediately.

MY SOLUTION
So I message fairmoney and Sparkle microfinance bank about this incident, sparkle replyied me that fairmoney are to handle the investigation, fairmoney money replied me to report to law enforcement agency.

So it been a week and few days since I have been thinking of what to do to recover this money or even apprehend this criminal. I will gladly appreciate your opinion. Thank you
Those people obviously scammed you, they used your details on the fairmoney app to borrow money and send to their account.

Your money is most likely gone, if you decide to involve the law enforcement, you might end up paying more than 50k in total.

Except if you can handle it personally by tracking the person down

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Olam09(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
Pay your damn debt oga

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Slimm01: 10:48am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:

I will like to believe that no sane man will still go in for the loan if he/she see such T/C.
Were they contacted when such fund was to be given? If the answer is no, why should they be contacted except if they are his guarantor. If I received such message, I might take it up with them.
Another man debt should not be my concern
That messages could also have been stated in the agreement in place of getting a guarantor. Otherwise, it will be wrong of the loan platform not to state it in the agreement...and then go ahead to send such messages to contacts. But I think, they do that as their own way of trying to get their money back in case of breach from the borrower. The ought to have requested for a guarantor as the normal protocol.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by sben2308(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:

I will like to believe that no sane man will still go in for the loan if he/she see such T/C.
Were they contacted when such fund was to be given? If the answer is no, why should they be contacted except if they are his guarantor. If I received such message, I might take it up with them.
Another man debt should not be my concern

U NEED TO SEE HOW LCREDIT THEY BEG ME THEY CALLED ME AND THE LADY WAS SHOUTING THAT I SHLD TELL SO SO TO PAY HIS LOAN WITH THEM ,I ASKED FIRSTLY WAT GIVES U D RIGHT TO CALL AND MOREOVER IF YOU CALL CANT YOU BE CIVILISE CUZ U R A PROFESSIONAL NOT A FOOL .STILL SHOUTING I JUST SAID HOPE U KNOW MY PHONE RECORDS ALL THIS AND I WILL TAKE IT UP

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Ofadaman(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Let me give U a hint.

When next you want to take loans from these apps, do it with a new phone and separate SIM, put fake contacts in the phone up to 20 of them and apply ,thats all..
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Zurich1844(f): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Chaiii! 3k to pay 3700?E no go better for poverty!

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Martinez39s(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2021
ParkleElegant:
My friend was clever about this, He bought a different sim card, fixed in a lot of contact he didn't know, saved the numbers like they were his friends, boss and workers nuumbers.....

Used one of his cousin account number, who was late, they so much looked alike, and borrowed up to 200k with 50k interest after telling them that he worked as a constructor....

When the threat came, he removed the sim, that was the end of loan App calls....

People smart pass them.
This is why loan apps don't pity people. Later people like Chrisifeanyi will start saying something else.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by joshuaidibia(m): 11:03am On Nov 05, 2021

Oga go and pay the interest jor. Nawa for you. You're even at fault here. Boldly saying you won't pay the interest as if you no know before you took the loan. Some of you are just heartless and unreasonable. This is someone's job for Christ sake, if you can't pay a loan DON'T TAKE IT! Go and pay and stop crying wolf. That agent should threaten you the more. You think it's easy giving out loans abi. When taking loans y'all act like a dove but to pay back y'all turn to lions

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by blackslayer: 11:07am On Nov 05, 2021
Pay back your debt and stop trying to portray yourself as a victim! You are a thief!
You were the one that agreed to the terms and conditions of the loan and borrowed the money.
Now it is time to pay, you are telling stories and playing the victim card.
Pay back your debt you shameless debtor!

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Semaj77(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2021
Kajaard:

The bold faced. Same story as ever. Nigerians always quick to borrow with no plans to repay.

Most Nigerians can't be trusted with money , I've had friends borrow money from me without them repaying , countless people. Now I don't lend money out again , if you like say your mother needs it for surgery I won't give you. One I lent 15k for him to repay me at the end of the month just kept mute and didn't say anything about it , after a month from the time he was supposed to pay I started asking him for my money , one day he just got angry and said , "shey na because of 15k you dey disturb me like this" , on top my money. Anyways , it's a year now and I stopped asking him for the money after he made that comment , I'm waiting for him to come ask me for money again.

6 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by honeyfieldsyner(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Go and clear your debt and stop making unnecessary noise.Businesses jdie because of patronage from people like you.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by pure35: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2021
pay them with interest,to avoid shame

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by manikspears: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
this is the very reason people take them to court , you can sue them and claim damages

What damages?

You just think of something and tou think that is how things work. Do you know the terms and agreement he agreed to before collecting the money?

Oga op go and pay your interest. You agreed to it before they borrowed you.that is how they generate their revenue.

If it was with the mob by now they would have beaten you on the street like 5 times and you will still pay with interest. Go and pay your debt.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by NaijaGoBetter20: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2021
mechanics:
Are you sure of what you are saying, because I know access bank interest is on the high side.

Yes sir, I use gtb for my salary and their interest rate for quick loan is 1.5% and you're also applying for half salary before due bate
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by youngpresidooo: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
Wannabenz:
The interest was shown to you before you took the loan, uncle pay the interest and go and make money.
after defaming him?
Or will they send an apology?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by youngpresidooo: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
What is your reason for saying you will not pay the interest??
You think they are charity organization?
They into business.
Go and pay up
after defaming his name?
He will be a fool to pay it
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Scamburster(m): 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
Semaj77:

Most Nigerians can't be trusted with money , I've had friends borrow money from me without them repaying , countless people. Now I don't lend money out again , if you like say your mother needs it for surgery I won't give you. One I lent 15k for him to repay me at the end of the month just kept mute and didn't say anything about it , after a month from the time he was supposed to pay I started asking him for my money , one day he just got angry and said , "shey na because of 15k you dey disturb like this" , on top my money. Anyways , it's a year now and I stopped asking him for the money after he made that comment , I'm waiting for him to come ask me for money again.
You have settled him.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by rosalieene(f): 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
You're just plain wicked and something else.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by rosalieene(f): 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Martinez39s:
This is why loan apps don't pity people. Later people like Chrisifeanyi will start saying something else.
Personally I dont pity them at all.
I see all the craps they say here on nairaland.
Nigerians will always be Nigerians.
Always playing the victim card.
Return people's money with same energy you borrowed it, mbaaaa
That's when they will remember that you're evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Wannabenz: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
youngpresidooo:
after defaming him?
Or will they send an apology?

He agreed to pay the interest before the loan was released to him. There's no much talk bro.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by daddynasa: 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Despite the very unprofessional way these loan apps employ in recovery, I would advise you pay up your debt. They are all the same the worse of them all is okash. I have seen where they contacted me because of someone I didn't even know. Maybe the borrower had my number in his contact. Stop borrowing and stop spending money you have not earned. If you must borrow then carbon and fairmoney are way more professional in dealing with debt recovering. #stopborrowingmoney. That 3k you for fit go do legbuke. Daily pay na 5k
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by daddynasa: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Semaj77:

Most Nigerians can't be trusted with money , I've had friends borrow money from me without them repaying , countless people. Now I don't lend money out again , if you like say your mother needs it for surgery I won't give you. One I lent 15k for him to repay me at the end of the month just kept mute and didn't say anything about it , after a month from the time he was supposed to pay I started asking him for my money , one day he just got angry and said , "shey na because of 15k you dey disturb like this" , on top my money. Anyways , it's a year now and I stopped asking him for the money after he made that comment , I'm waiting for him to come ask me for money again.
Don't lend what you can't afford to forfeit. It's just a simple principle. You might end up not helping people that really need the help
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Studyinchina200(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
Pay back your loan
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Jomina: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
I recieved a phone call from Lcredit by a particular Lady shouting at me to help tell the person to pay.
Wetin concern me with who defaulted in your loan.
I am sure they will be next after soko loan.
sben2308:

U NEED TO SEE HOW LCREDIT THEY BEG ME THEY CALLED ME AND THE LADY WAS SHOUTING THAT I SHLD TELL SO SO TO PAY HIS LOAN WITH THEM ,I ASKED FIRSTLY WAT GIVES U D RIGHT TO CALL AND MOREOVER IF YOU CALL CANT YOU BE CIVILISE CUZ U R A PROFESSIONAL NOT A FOOL .STILL SHOUTING I JUST SAID HOPE U KNOW MY PHONE RECORDS ALL THIS AND I WILL TAKE IT UP
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
Glitcher:
which bank do you expect him to get 3000 loan from? Someone who needs to borrow 3k must be very broke, adding illegally high interest rates on top the capital is unspeakable evil. Many of these people who are chronic debtors are so because most times the interest rates are so high they have to borrow Peter to pay Paul, in the end they become tangled. I believe most of you supporting this are lenders too charging exceptionally high and wicked rates. How are you different from our politicians who are taking advantage of us because we can do nothing about it? A nation of greedy saints, spits.
I am not a lender! Back to your question; if they needs it urgently and ain't willing to rob peter to pay Paul then "they shouldn't borrow at all. Let them borrow from their neighbors or friends if they're really good people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Agbor, Delta, Breaks Down In Tears / 24-Year-Old Lady Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In South Africa / Sex With Prostitute Sends Married Man To Jail In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.