Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39619 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Simran94:

This is why people refuse to help Nigerians. You borrow money, you refused to pay back in due time.

When you were about to borrow money from the app, I'm sure they stated you were to pay an interest on the loan which you agreed too, now you are telling them you won't pay the interest.

I was going to ask you to send your account details so I can send you the money to pay, but you already telling them you won't pay the interest speaks volume of the type of person you are, you might not end up paying. Let me not waste my money
Oga, go and pay them their balance.

Please help me with 2k
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Pelicanmedia: 8:30am On Nov 05, 2021
NITDA’s ₦10 million sanction on Soko Loan is expected to be first of many

https://techcabal.com/2021/08/24/nitda-fines-soko-loan/

NITDA imposes N10 million fine on Soko Loan for data privacy invasion

https://www.icirnigeria.org/nitda-imposes-n10-million-fine-on-soko-loan-for-data-privacy-invasion/

How Sokoloan Lending Company Killed A Lady

https://www.nairaland.com/5658497/how-sokoloan-lending-company-killed
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2021
Glitcher:
most of you telling him to go pay his debt as just as insensitive as most Nigerians really are, leaving them with the potential for great wickedness as these loan apps. Just because someone needs money urgently does not mean they have a right to loan at 30% in 2 weeks when the law says maximum of 4% in 1 month. And the breach of privacy is another concern all you are shouting is oga pay your money like simpletons.
There are many banks that are given loans to people, if a particular company didn't work for him, he should look for another. Just the same thing when you are pricing a chicken and your money is not enough to the the bigger one you needed then you got no other choice than opt for a cheaper one (the same thing with interest in a loan). Loan apps failed on their own way by evading people privacy through their app but that's only way to deal with a typical cronic Nigerian debtor. You want it sharp sharp! Be ready to pay higher interest just like when you borrow credit from MTN or Airtel and moreover why is it that people don't complain about borrowing airtime from mtn.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by MYGRATEskillz(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2021
Pay up to avoid embarrassment. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by totosucker(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2021
shakir0802:
Delete the app on ur phone that's the only way they get the contact on ur phone, it happened to me I borrowed money from them unfortunately I haven't pay a penny so I told them to give me a week before the date complete they called most of my contacts number and told them and those people began to called me back why would I put my number on loan app, unfortunately the person I wanted to collect contract from the made me told them to give me a week they called the man that's how the man terminate the contract, job of 1 millions plus, infact I cry that day I beg the man but he refused later Google play store notify me that the loan app had tap my phone system and immediately I delete the app they stop calling my contacts again
Abeg which loan app?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ocloud(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2021
My case with fairmoney was a different case sitting in the devil's conner awaiting trial.
It happens that I got a loan of 30k from them and I was contemplating getting a higher loan of 80k as soon as I settle the 30k. This purpose of this 80k was to add to 150k to pay house rent. One day some unknown guys came to my working place to advertise a loan offer from a company I find out was close to my office. In anticipation, I called the line to confirm the modalities and it was a female voice that spoke with me about what I needed to do. Later the following day, this person started a WhatsApp chat with me and told this person of my intention to get another loan of 80k after settling my 30k laon. So this person asked where I got loan from and I said fairmoney, (I will be using she). So she told me they work with fairmoney that I can only get 80k if they help me upgrade my next loan. I didn't doupt this person in the first bcz the WhatsApp DP showed fairmoney logo.

So the day I wanted to balance my 30k Dept, I chatted this person and she told me to supply my fairmoney money details as a prove I own the account. She asked for my phone number,bvn and date of birth I used in opening fairmoney account and I forward to her. Few minutes later, she told me to pay the dept and reapply for another loan and I should tell her the highest offer given to me, I did and it was 50k. I told her and she said I should hold on that she's working on the upgrade, few minutes after I receive a password changed message, few seconds after I got a credit alart of 50k and instantly the money went out into another microfinance bank.
I was shivering and my head was not on my body when I saw this. I tried chat her back but this person blocked me immediately.

MY SOLUTION
So I message fairmoney and Sparkle microfinance bank about this incident, sparkle replyied me that fairmoney are to handle the investigation, fairmoney money replied me to report to law enforcement agency.

So it been a week and few days since I have been thinking of what to do to recover this money or even apprehend this criminal. I will gladly appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

OssyMalik:
Every week I get distressing messages from people who are owing money to online loan apps and how they blackmail their debtors by sending defamatory messages to everyone on their contact list.

I want to appreciate the efforts of The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for their efforts in fighting this oppression.

If you owe money to an online loan app and they are sending defamatory messages to all your contact list please send a letter to:
The Director General
NITDA
Area 11, 28 Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya St, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria

The agency is presently clamping down on online loan apps who defame and blackmail their creditors.

I also want anyone dealing with this kind of challenge to share in the comment section what online app they borrowed money from and their experience so that others can learn and perhaps someone on my timeline will see it as well and help out.

Please share so that others can be blessed as you are blessed.

#copiedfrom Wale Jana
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ocloud(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2021
totosucker:
Abeg which loan app?

My case with fairmoney was a different case sitting in the devil's conner awaiting trial.
It happens that I got a loan of 30k from them and I was contemplating getting a higher loan of 80k as soon as I settle the 30k. This purpose of this 80k was to add to 150k to pay house rent. One day some unknown guys came to my working place to advertise a loan offer from a company I find out was close to my office. In anticipation, I called the line to confirm the modalities and it was a female voice that spoke with me about what I needed to do. Later the following day, this person started a WhatsApp chat with me and told this person of my intention to get another loan of 80k after settling my 30k laon. So this person asked where I got loan from and I said fairmoney, (I will be using she). So she told me they work with fairmoney that I can only get 80k if they help me upgrade my next loan. I didn't doupt this person in the first bcz the WhatsApp DP showed fairmoney logo.

So the day I wanted to balance my 30k Dept, I chatted this person and she told me to supply my fairmoney money details as a prove I own the account. She asked for my phone number,bvn and date of birth I used in opening fairmoney account and I forward to her. Few minutes later, she told me to pay the dept and reapply for another loan and I should tell her the highest offer given to me, I did and it was 50k. I told her and she said I should hold on that she's working on the upgrade, few minutes after I receive a password changed message, few seconds after I got a credit alart of 50k and instantly the money went out into another microfinance bank.
I was shivering and my head was not on my body when I saw this. I tried chat her back but this person blocked me immediately.

MY SOLUTION
So I message fairmoney and Sparkle microfinance bank about this incident, sparkle replyied me that fairmoney are to handle the investigation, fairmoney money replied me to report to law enforcement agency.

So it been a week and few days since I have been thinking of what to do to recover this money or even apprehend this criminal. I will gladly appreciate your opinion. Thank you
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Haakeem(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2021
BullyBullies:

Please keep quiet. Some of you will just open your mouths like idiots, as if you came from a country on planet Mars. I personally have ad to pay two of my friends debts into he past...they had no choice but to patronise Soko loan when they did and the situation was very grave that led them into it. You can't be giving people loans in the poverty capital of the world, with a very short maturity period and expect most of them to meet up. Of course they would take the loan since that was their only option. Someone took that loan to pay for his child's hospital bill coz there was no help in sight at that point. Please Pray that life doesn't happen to you on the negative axis. And if you don't have a better contribution on social media or real life, just keep quiet, read and pass. May you not be in a terrible situation.
you want make him seize ur account bha.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2021
Bodmum:
sorry My guy. Several times, it's even hard to get my daily bread. Such has been the times. It seems your condition is worst than mine, I've got 4k in my aza. Drop your account details make you manage 2k. Quote me when you did.

Please Help me with 2k
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ocloud(m): 8:35am On Nov 05, 2021
shakir0802:
Delete the app on ur phone that's the only way they get the contact on ur phone, it happened to me I borrowed money from them unfortunately I haven't pay a penny so I told them to give me a week before the date complete they called most of my contacts number and told them and those people began to called me back why would I put my number on loan app, unfortunately the person I wanted to collect contract from the made me told them to give me a week they called the man that's how the man terminate the contract, job of 1 millions plus, infact I cry that day I beg the man but he refused later Google play store notify me that the loan app had tap my phone system and immediately I delete the app they stop calling my contacts again

MY SOLUTION

So it been a week and few days since I have been thinking of what to do to recover this money or even apprehend this criminal. I will gladly appreciate your opinion. Thank you
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Martinez39s(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2021
chrisifeanyi:
Thunder fire any idiot telling him to pay. Oga don't pay them. They have defamed you. You shouldn't pay again. Is this how to run loan company? From a short 7 days loan and a very high interest you expect people not to default? If you understood the game well you should have used dummy contacts when applying and tell them to go ahead and message them. All these loan apps must be eliminated from Google play
Did they force the people to patronise them?

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by chii8(f): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Ulunne777:

But when he signed agreement and collected money,nobody heard his voice.

@Op,you are a thief and maybe because of your attitude ,friends couldn't lend to you reason you ran to them.

True shaa.... they didn't force him to collect the money, for him to even collect that loan says a lot about his personality.No family and friends to borrow him 3k.... hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by alawiiyeyoruba1: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2021
If you can just avoid those loan apps as much as possible.

PATIENCE; A VIRTUE IN LEARNING YORUBA LANGUAGE
Many people often show interest in wanting to learn how to speak Yoruba language; however, they usually get discouraged after trying for a few days or even months because they seems not to be as fluent as they seems to want forgetting the most important ingredient in this their sojourn.
Patience in Yoruba is best described as a state of forbearance or restraint in the face of delay to understand the Yoruba language or provocation when others (Friends and families alike) make jest of either your intonations or pronunciations, without.................................. read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/patience-a-virtue-in-learning-yoruba-language/
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ocloud(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Simran94:

This is why people refuse to help Nigerians. You borrow money, you refused to pay back in due time.

When you were about to borrow money from the app, I'm sure they stated you were to pay an interest on the loan which you agreed too, now you are telling them you won't pay the interest.

I was going to ask you to send your account details so I can send you the money to pay, but you already telling them you won't pay the interest speaks volume of the type of person you are, you might not end up paying. Let me not waste my money
Oga, go and pay them their balance.

MY SOLUTION

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by bizzibodi(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2021
For just #3k d damages d blackmail/ threats caused to d victims is worth #2m.
I remember d threat i received when one of my contact took a loan from one of those shark.my bp rise up.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Calicoe: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Oga complete their money for them. Na una dey wreck business wen person Don suffer start

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by BullyBullies: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Haakeem:
you want make him seize ur account bha.

Na mod him be?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by OssyMalik: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2021
ocloud:

MY SOLUTION

So it been a week and few days since I have been thinking of what to do to recover this money or even apprehend this criminal. I will gladly appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

some members of staff of the loan app are chatting with loan defaulters to get their loan paid in specific virtual accounts. If you are not careful, you will fall victim. If you wanna pay back, pay through the loan app.
Sorry for your experience
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Shenky(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Report them to NDPR with those screenshots and they will take it up from there and they will pay for damages.. It is wrong to be invading your privacy BC there are better ways to recover the loan you took from them
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by chrisifeanyi: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Martinez39s:
Did they force the people to patronise them?

Getat loan agent
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

Forget all these useless loan apps.

If you need cash urgently, borrow from your friends

All these loanshark apps arenot regulated. In sanee climes, stuffs like this won't happen.

This disgrace is what Comes with being a Nigerian.

SORRY MAN

He should borrow from friends so that he won't payback abi
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Haakeem(m): 8:46am On Nov 05, 2021
ocloud:

MY SOLUTION

Why not create a thread about this
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Curious345: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
this is the very reason people take them to court , you can sue them and claim damages
are you drunk
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Haakeem(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2021
BullyBullies:

Na mod him be?
yep!
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Martinez39s(m): 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Castleprof:
People take loans from these apps because they are desperate to solve urgent needs only to discover they have signed agreements with the devil. Where in this world do you give a salary earner loan to pay back in 7 days.
Truth is they operate outside the lending regulations of Nigeria. A lender is supposed to consider the income source and timing of the borrower. No bank is allowed to take monthly repayment that is more than 40% of your monthly salary except in some cases. These loan apps with the exception of few are just cashing out on Nigerians because we care too much. They threaten to publish ur name on the media which they CAN NEVER TRY. Send the police after you on top 10k?. Its high time they close up and go. They are fraudsters themselves.
Rubbish!

@black
Did they force people to patronise them? cheesy If you can't or won't abide by the agreement of these loan sharks, do not patronise them. It is that simple. The lack of accountability from grown folks is appalling.

@blue
It is not the job of the loan sharks to make these considerations for the borrower; they are not babysitters and the borrowers are not little children. It is actually the job of the borrower. Before you borrow, evaluate yourself, time yourself and make plans; don't borrow if you know you don't have the means and financial strength to pay back at the appointed time. The lack of accountability from grown folks is appalling.

@red
These loan sharks are not banks, hence cannot be held to the same standard as banks. This should be obvious. SMH.

@green
Nope. Let the inept borrowers pay up and stop breaching the agreement and let's see if they will have any problem. Pay up!

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2021
If i talk wettin dey my mind, u no go like am but go and pay them their money.

You saw the interest rate before u collect am.
U saw the duration but still went ahead and collected it now you are Yarning some gibberish.

Go and pay what you owe ogar

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by felixzo1(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Curious345:
are you drunk
you bought the beer?
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Awkabigboy: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2021
OssyMalik:
Every week I get distressing messages from people who are owing money to online loan apps and how they blackmail their debtors by sending defamatory messages to everyone on their contact list.

I want to appreciate the efforts of The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for their efforts in fighting this oppression.

If you owe money to an online loan app and they are sending defamatory messages to all your contact list please send a letter to:
The Director General
NITDA
Area 11, 28 Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya St, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria

The agency is presently clamping down on online loan apps who defame and blackmail their creditors.

I also want anyone dealing with this kind of challenge to share in the comment section what online app they borrowed money from and their experience so that others can learn and perhaps someone on my timeline will see it as well and help out.

Please share so that others can be blessed as you are blessed.

#copiedfrom Wale Jana
They should use the energy in writing this to pay their debt
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by BullyBullies: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2021
Haakeem:
yep!

Thanks baba. I didn't know

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by TheMostComplex1: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2021
Mynd44:

Their friends wont lend them money because of the same behaviour you see here. They can't keep their words

Thank you. They'll borrow money but would not have the intention of paying back heartless people
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by TheMostComplex1: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2021
Emeskhalifa:
If i talk wettin dey my mind, u no go like am but go and pay them their money.

You saw the interest rate before u collect am.
U saw the duration but still went ahead and collected it now you are Yarning some gibberish.

Go and pay what you owe ogar

Don't mind them Onigbese people
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Tmcruise(m): 9:01am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent
Branch Loan App is the best so far. Even after exceeding the paying date, their Agent will call to advice you on which way it will be easier for you to pay back not threatening you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Injures His Househelp In Lagos For Stealing His Money (Graphic pics) / Female Kidnapper Caught In Agbor, Delta, Breaks Down In Tears / 24-Year-Old Lady Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.