Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39623 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Martinez39s(m): 9:01am On Nov 05, 2021
chrisifeanyi:
Getat loan agent
I am not a loan agent. If you know you can't abide by the payment agreement and you wouldn't pay at the appointed time, simply do not patronise these loan apps. It's that simple. Grown Nigerians need to learn how to hold themselves accountable for their choices and stop their sense of entitlement.

What do you expect when you can't pay back? To receive a pat on the back and get polite and gentle reminders of your outstanding payment? Lori iro! If it is like that, things for spoil for them. If they didn't harass the op, he wouldn't have hastened up to borrow 3k to pay them back. grin Before you fault loan sharks, first rid yourself of any fault (by paying them back as agreed).

Money doesn't grow on trees and with the amount of scammers out there who are willing to run away with loans, it is imperative that these loan apps make things hot for defaulters. Put yourself in the shoes of the these loan apps; what if you were in charge of these loan apps and op was doing you like this?

9 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by mployer(m): 9:06am On Nov 05, 2021
ParkleElegant:
My friend was clever about this, He bought a different sim card, fixed in a lot of contact he didn't know, saved the numbers like they were his friends, boss and workers nuumbers.....

Used one of his cousin account number, who was late, they so much looked alike, and borrowed up to 200k with 50k interest after telling them that he worked as a constructor....

When the threat came, he removed the sim, that was the end of loan App calls....

People smart pass them.

They have his BVN.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by mfm04622: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2021
Go and pay your debt!

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by hope4nigeria(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent
you shouldn't have paid since they already sent blackmailing messages to your contact, thesame happened to me, they threatened me, and I told them not to forget ask the contact to pay them, they went ahead and sent the blackmail, letter they called me begging me to pay, I told them I won't pay because they've blackmail me, or else they start sending another mail to all my contacts apologizing, we then bargain, they removed all the interest, and gave me 30% discount off. At this time I paid. They are the ones forcing Nigerian to collect loans having known things are hard, and thier interest na disaster, some even charge as much as 45% interest. If you are on Facebook and you use Android phone, you will understand how these online loan will be disturbing you to collect thier fraudulent loans

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:
Wait you mean you're to pay 700 interest on 3000, within 7 days.
Don't worry, what happen to soko will happen to them.
Report them on Google play store
Report them for what?

If you borrowed money..

Go and pay your debt..

They are not Father Christmas..

You knew the T$C before you entered.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Martinez39s(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
If I call you a thief, people will shout! What made you not to borrow that money from your neighbors and those around you. You borrowed from another man's company, loan is due, you didn't show up until they started calling for your attention; you want to pull down another man's sweat because the loan is so easy to get ;you and others like you are not a good human.. Now, just like the first which you don't even intend to pay, you just confirmed that you won't pay for the interest! Evil that men do will follow them along! You're a terrible person! The loan app knows a typical Nigerian terrorists, and that's why they're using those formats. One Pastor from all these modern church also got his own share by not paying his own loan. His members also got the message on behalf of the pastor. Don't borrow if you can't pay or you can go and borrow from your bank.
Preach!
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by gifxlove2(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2021
Uncle don't be a simp. go and pay what you owe. you are even supposed to pay additional interest in addition to the 700 because of the time you wasted in clearing the debt.

If you can't pay don't borrow. stop embarrassing your yourself here

4 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by garyaustin(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2021
Terrible and unacceptable.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2021
Davash222:
As long as they will not inform your contacts you've completed the payment, don't pay them again!

If Heaven wan fall make e fall.
You are a Thief and you don't know it.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:15am On Nov 05, 2021
guru90:
I hate loan with passion......

I can't try that till I leave this world....

Many have lose their beautiful houses because of loan matter.....
Nothing wrong with loans..

Even Billionaires borrow..
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by guru90: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Nothing wrong with loans..

Even Billionaires borrow..

Ok naaaa...

When they fail to pay back.... I hope u no wetin fellow am.....
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by obinnaxci(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2021
There's a law called Data Protection Regulation of 2019. If any company or App or website is to access your contacts, they must state it clearly where you can see it. Merely writing terms and conditions is not the same with a Privacy Policy.
dxdiag:

The terms and conditions are for your perusal, you agreed to it after downloading the apps and you agreed to your contacts synced with there platform. It's well stated the charges/intrest rate and for prolonging to pay the debt you know automatically it attracts extra charges.
It will be of interest and for peace of mind to clear ur debt plus interest accured.
Rather than borrowing money from loan app/loan sharks, speak with your trusted friends or colleague to borrow you money. This kind of attitude of your to be honest is killing business and taking food off people's mouth.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Glitcher: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
There are many banks that are given loans to people, if a particular company didn't work for him, he should look for another. Just the same thing when you are pricing a chicken and your money is not enough to the the bigger one you needed then you got no other choice than opt for a cheaper one (the same thing with interest in a loan). Loan apps failed on their own way by evading people privacy through their app but that's only way to deal with a typical cronic Nigerian debtor. You want it sharp sharp! Be ready to pay higher interest just like when you borrow credit from MTN or Airtel and moreover why is it that people don't complain about borrowing airtime from mtn.
which bank do you expect him to get 3000 loan from? Someone who needs to borrow 3k must be very broke, adding illegally high interest rates on top the capital is unspeakable evil. Many of these people who are chronic debtors are so because most times the interest rates are so high they have to borrow Peter to pay Paul, in the end they become tangled. I believe most of you supporting this are lenders too charging exceptionally high and wicked rates. How are you different from our politicians who are taking advantage of us because we can do nothing about it? A nation of greedy saints, spits.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ipobarecriminals: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2021
cool God bless u.Hope the ingrate pay their money from dis 2k
Bodmum:
sorry My guy. Several times, it's even hard to get my daily bread. Such has been the times. It seems your condition is worst than mine, I've got 4k in my aza. Drop your account details make you manage 2k. Quote me when you did.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2021
guru90:

Ok naaaa...

When they fail to pay back.... I hope u no wetin fellow am.....

That's why there are such things as COLLATERALS..

Even Dangote borrowed to build his refinery.. undecided
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ipobarecriminals: 9:28am On Nov 05, 2021
cool Gbam! Correct.They think landlords are father Xmas.Once they pay for one year,to pay for the next,nah WAR.Very dishonest pipu
MrFollowFollow:

Be there quoting nonsense. That is the same way tenants will be owing rents on their accommodation but they will be quoting and twisting extant laws to try and justify their folly.

Nigerian always think they are clever.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Glitcher: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

You're sick in the head, he downloaded their app by himself and accepted the T&C, nobody forced him.
Don't take a loan and later cry that the interest rate is high.
People like you want to take loans and pay back anytime you feel like, and how do you expect the company to pay its workers?
don't be a sissy, there are laws regulating interest rates, let the loan apps follow the laws is what I'm saying. According to the law, no lender can prosecute until after 1 year of oweing, interest rate is maximum of 48% per annum which is 4% monthly. If you are not also another wicked lender then I am sure you will not be supporting this. People no longer invest in business in Nigeria, they loan their money out to receive interest as high as 25% monthly plus capital. That is unspeakable evil of man to another man and if you cannot see it then it is because you yourself are part of this grave wickedness to humanity.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by guru90: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
That's why there are such things as COLLATERALS..

Even Dangote borrowed to build his refinery.. undecided

Dangote... Na FG money him de use to build all his companies.....

Dangote na confirmed MONEY LAUNDERING to all 9ja politicians....
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Monday60655(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Hope you apply to them to extend your loan payment date. If they invade your privacy, report them to National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA). They will be the one begging you, because they know the consequences of what they did. But do it to people because ignorance and unaware of many people.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Dreytonisback(m): 9:41am On Nov 05, 2021
Their papa yansh
Sending sms to your contacts for ordinary #700 balance abi #3700 loan

Don't pay the balance, except the defamation was part of the agreement
Useless people, do they have offices ? NO
how can someone even take a loan of ordinary #3k to pay interest of #700

For someone to collect #3k loan isn't that a sign that the person don suffer reach bone?
Don't pay the interest, they've already paid themselves by ruining ur image to ur contacts

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Dreytonisback(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Most Nigerians are not wise, they don't know more than 200 people on this thread works for these loan companies

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Sterope(f): 9:44am On Nov 05, 2021
We have no financial accountability. You don't borrow and put the repayment on 'God' or 'if'.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by phemmie06(m): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Slimm01:
Report what? You people should stop supporting rubbish. Didn't he see the terms and conditions of the loan before he applied for it? Nonsense.
I will like to believe that no sane man will still go in for the loan if he/she see such T/C.
Were they contacted when such fund was to be given? If the answer is no, why should they be contacted except if they are his guarantor. If I received such message, I might take it up with them.
Another man debt should not be my concern
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Iamkoolkay: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2021
Just pay down your debt.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Think9ja(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
this is the very reason people take them to court , you can sue them and claim damages

Una too de type rubbish for this nairaland I swear.

So you expect someone that couldn't pay back a loan of N3.7k to sue someone for harassment or whatever you call it?

Like, he will just go to court and tell them someone is harassing him and court will just call the person and tell the person to stop or face sanctions?

He has money to register a case in court but doesn't have 3.7k to pay back a debt? Na wa!

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Johel(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent

Pay the interest rate and get off this place...common ₦700...later u go dey form boss.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Dedemworld: 10:00am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

Look at how proud you are to spill this trash, you're a petty thief. You took a loan and defaulted on the payment and still have the guts to write this trash.
Why not open your own loan company and see how it feels when people default on payments.

Nigerians are even more heartless than BUHARI

U re very stupid... and i know u works in the loan shark company.. God will punish u and those who get you. Shebi is only the part of when we were exchanging words u see, u didn't see the part ehen i said i paid back.. abi dem tell you say dem come arrest me b4 I pay.. God will punish u once again.. come see, u re not living well more than I do, and not all the people getting loan doesn't work. And get something to ur skull not all defaulters are not willing to pay on due date, but some circumstances hindered not to do so, and many are working towards the repayment.. but once a customer default on due date, he/she had turn to fraudster to them. The customer agent doesn't know how to talk to customers politely.. always rude and that is why I also give them that comment. For fool like you don't know how they talk.. imagine an agent telling customers that HE WOULD MAKE LIVE MISERABLE HIM AND LET HIM REGRET THE DAY HE CAME INTO THE WORLD.. is that a polite manner to talk.. now u now open ur gutter quoting me nonsense. Ur father is a thief born fool like u... see I'm not a jobless person. I work in Federal Government Ministry. Don't think everyone here is jobless like u. Idiot... If u re part of them, that means u re a bastard for talking to customers rudely..
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Mike008(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2021
You breached a contract agreement. But the libel is uncalled for. There are saner ways of enforcing your contractual right, libel or defamation is not one of them.
Pay up your interest and enforce your own rights if you want.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by yardie(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2021

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Dedemworld: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Pataricatering:
you don't have any integrity , simple .

And for you, u don't have a reputation reach me... Cox where I work is a public figure. But I hate nonsense. Why would they be blackmailing customers cox of loan default.. is that how it suppose to be, I keeps on saying this, if they want to make the loan institution work out, they should partner bank and let customers agree in some terms and conditions, once he/she is defaulted let them notify his bank and place his acct under debit, them any money enter his any bank linked with BVN, they should debit the customer. Is that not advance reach... but blackmailing customers is not but another offence.. when someone keeps hammering you that he will kill u, when u have no choice u will just tell him to kill u na. Everybody have integrity no matter how small. If they have insulted someone close to u or u b4. U will know what am saying.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by mechanics(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Why'd you borrow 3k with 25% interest that's not reasonable even GTB gives 1.5% on their interest.
Please pay back on time and make sure you stop patronizing these sharks. Taken loan from them isn't different from taken a child from the devil
Are you sure of what you are saying, because I know access bank interest is on the high side.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by mechanics(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2021
felixzo1:
this is the very reason people take them to court , you can sue them and claim damages
Hmmmm, where will you expect him to get the money to get a lawyer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

24-Year-Old Lady Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In South Africa / Sex With Prostitute Sends Married Man To Jail In Abuja / Female Kidnapper Caught In Agbor, Delta, Breaks Down In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.