Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me (39621 Views)

Police Arrest Olamide Precious Ajayi For Blackmailing Her Sugar-Daddy In Ondo / DSS Sues Charlotte Delhi For Blackmailing Walton Liverpool With Nude Video / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Incandescent(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2021
ParkleElegant:
My friend was clever about this, He bought a different sim card, fixed in a lot of contact he didn't know, saved the numbers like they were his friends, boss and workers nuumbers.....

Used one of his cousin account number, who was late, they so much looked alike, and borrowed up to 200k with 50k interest after telling them that he worked as a constructor....

When the threat came, he removed the sim, that was the end of loan App calls....

People smart pass them.

This is not been clever. You'd definitely meet your waterloo.

Besides you have no respect for your late cousin.

Heartless criminals

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Katerifarmer837: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2021
Another one.pls oh my fellow Nigerians how did this loan sharks like easimoni have the contact details in ur phone.i think this is invasion of privacy.i think it is criminal.pls we need to know or is the network providers the culprits here.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Onbami(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2021
As good as it sounds, I don't buy the idea of blackmailing a debtor or sending defamatory messages to their contacts but also I think it will be injustice to be clamping down on loan app if their debtors has done the needful and also this debtor submitted their contacts to the app when they were about borrowing through the app... so every debtor to pay back with speed inwhich they borrowed with.

OssyMalik:
Every week I get distressing messages from people who are owing money to online loan apps and how they blackmail their debtors by sending defamatory messages to everyone on their contact list.

I want to appreciate the efforts of The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) for their efforts in fighting this oppression.

If you owe money to an online loan app and they are sending defamatory messages to all your contact list please send a letter to:
The Director General
NITDA
Area 11, 28 Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya St, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria

The agency is presently clamping down on online loan apps who defame and blackmail their creditors.

I also want anyone dealing with this kind of challenge to share in the comment section what online app they borrowed money from and their experience so that others can learn and perhaps someone on my timeline will see it as well and help out.

Please share so that others can be blessed as you are blessed.

#copiedfrom Wale Jana
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Glitcher: 8:00am On Nov 05, 2021
Wannabenz:
The interest was shown to you before you took the loan, uncle pay the interest and go and make money.
most of you telling him to go pay his debt as just as insensitive as most Nigerians really are, leaving them with the potential for great wickedness as these loan apps. Just because someone needs money urgently does not mean they have a right to loan at 30% in 2 weeks when the law says maximum of 4% in 1 month. And the breach of privacy is another concern all you are shouting is oga pay your money like simpletons.
NGArmyTerrorist:
If I call you a thief, people will shout! What made you not to borrow that money from your neighbors and those around you. You borrowed from another man's company, loan is due, you didn't show up until they started calling for your attention; you want to pull down another man's sweat because the loan is so easy to get ;you and others like you are not a good human.. Now, just like the first which you don't even intend to pay, you just confirmed that you won't pay for the interest! Evil that men do will follow them along! You're a terrible person! The loan app knows a typical Nigerian terrorists, and that's why they're using those formats. One Pastor from all these modern church also got his own share by not paying his own loan. His members also got the message on behalf of the pastor. Don't borrow if you can't pay or you can go and borrow from your bank.
Acidosis:

High risk loans attract high interest rates in any part of the world. You think they're foolish for giving you a loan despite having very little information about you?? If you want zero interest, go and borrow from your friends. If you want decent or low interest, go to a bank and present your collateral e.g.CofO. If you don't have any of these, then be ready to pay.
JoeOdion:

There's nothing to share here. The loan companies are not running a charity and need to resort to ways to get debtors to pay up although they use very crude methods however. But someone taking a loan and defaulting with boldness and with chest out is repulsive and deserves the worst form of loan retrieval.
KoshCAD:
When you wanted to borrow,whom do you tell. Did you not see the interest on it before agreeing. Now time for you to pay,you don't want to pay and you are claiming victim. Oga go and pay the fucking money.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 05, 2021
Loan business is a risky business. Loans offered by all these loan apps are strictly unsecured, uncollaterized, naked loans. The risk of return of the principal and interest is very high. So the higher the risk, the higher the return(interest on loan). Them no know you before and they gave you loan, so make sure you pay them back their money.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Nostring: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2021
shakir0802:
Delete the app on ur phone that's the only way they get the contact on ur phone, it happened to me I borrowed money from them unfortunately I haven't pay a penny so I told them to give me a week before the date complete they called most of my contacts number and told them and those people began to called me back why would I put my number on loan app, unfortunately the person I wanted to collect contract from the made me told them to give me a week they called the man that's how the man terminate the contract, job of 1 millions plus, infact I cry that day I beg the man but he refused later Google play store notify me that the loan app had tap my phone system and immediately I delete the app they stop calling my contacts again
that's what u get from trying to be dubious..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Pataricatering(f): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2021

They'll not send another message to my contacts about clearing my debt
did you default or not ?
Stop acting like you are innocent in all the wahala..you defaulted
Go and pay them their interest , abeg .

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Slimm01: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2021
phemmie06:
Wait you mean you're to pay 700 interest on 3000, within 7 days.
Don't worry, what happen to soko will happen to them.
Report them on Google play store
Report what? You people should stop supporting rubbish. Didn't he see the terms and conditions of the loan before he applied for it? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Gmajor(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
Mynd44:

Their friends wont lend them money because of the same behaviour you see here. They can't keep their words

Lol.

People like op, if they ask you for ₦3000 to pay back later, you'll give them ₦1,500.
If they pay back, you thank God.
If they don't pay back, you count your losses and move on

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by enuelly: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan
It was after that I start receiving another form of threat from this agent

How can you not see that it's all farce. Who goes legal over 3k. Dude go and drink water and sleep well, they can do nothing.

However, you have morality issues, why agree to pay interest and refuse to pay.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by selfmade22: 8:05am On Nov 05, 2021
my own be say they should stop texting me or sending me their useless offer am not interested

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Pataricatering(f): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
sinola:
Bros, go and pay what you owe.... Agreement is agreement.
Besides, for you not to get a single friend or a relative that can lend you a paltry 3k it speaks volume of whom you are.
Think about it.
he probably has borrowed from all friends and relatives and then found a ridiculous justification not to pay them back

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by hakm5: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
xxxtedyxxx:
Na thwur way bro.

Forget all these useless loan apps.

If you need cash urgently, borrow from your friends

All these loanshark apps arenot regulated. In sanee climes, stuffs like this won't happen.

This disgrace is what Comes with being a Nigerian.

Saner clime saner clime my ass. Which saner clime have you been to? Tell us how they treat their defaulters. Small thing saner clime. Oloriburuku
SORRY MAN
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Haakeem(m): 8:07am On Nov 05, 2021
Soffyh:
U have faults and they have faults, ur faults is agreeing and not fulfilled,them faults is ,it’s not even up to 3weeks they have started blackmailing u,before they can start blackmail u on contacts, at least after a month, main reasons people goes to apps loan is to keep their secret of been broke, but u started blackmailing not less than a week u don’t need to blackmailing someone u got his bvn details
R.I.P English with cool points
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Excelbliss81: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2021
Agreement is agreement
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Solatium(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2021
I got a loan of 3k from them on October 21. I was supposed to repay back with #3700 on 28th of October but I couldn't due to insolvency. After 3 days of being overdue, Easy Money started sending blackmailing messages to my contacts, telling them that I am a criminal and a thief with all sort of unestablished claims.
Because of the embarrassing messages being sent to my contacts, a family member help me with some fund to clear the debt, I transferred #3000 to Easy Money
Their agent called me and threaten that he will not clear me and that he will keep sending those messages to my contacts after I told him I will not pay the interest on the loan

Look for NITDA email and report them attaching the malicious messages sent to your contact and watch God fight your battle.
Solo loan had to pay ₦10m fine for such an unethical behavior

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Martinez39s(m): 8:14am On Nov 05, 2021
Look at the disgusting sense of entitlement and lack of self-awareness coming from a grown man. Pay up their money jare! This is why I don't lend people money. So you expect the app to pat you on the back and give you gentle and polite remainders given that you didn't pay when the time was due.

5 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by AirBay: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Na this kind person dy borrow money from friends and afterwards he no go pick ya call again grin

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by optm(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2021
Nigerians are bad debtors in most cases. Stop coming online to draw sympathy . If you knew you weren't able to pay at the stated time, why take the loan in the first place and the worse is you refusing to pick up their calls after defaulting . Oga go and clear up your interest . They acted that way because it was likely the option they had left to retrieve their money .

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Juoflife1(f): 8:16am On Nov 05, 2021
You took a loan, pay back na. You want nairaland to tell you not to pay? Go and pay back the loan immediately.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Pataricatering(f): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2021
Dedemworld:
I was once a victim of such, when they threatened me, I threatened them back, they told me they would send msg to my contacts, I told them to go ahead, afterall my contact won't kill me, and beside many people already know their msg format they won't take it serious. So I stood my ground that once msg is been sent to my contacts, they should also send their account number to my contacts so that they my contact would pay them, cox they can't blackmail me finish and still want me to pay. Never! They would send msg till they tire. Cox if u later pay the money they won't repair ur reputation. Omo guy the loan agent calm down ooo, later they send me msg on whatsapp that they know I'm not afraid of my reputation to be spoilt but I should pay their money. I just laugh, say e b like say E fe ri werey.. Las Las I paid when I get the money... but I hate threatened msg with passion.
you don't have any integrity , simple .

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Kajaard: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2021
airsaylongcome:

The loan sharks are just animals. Earlier this year after much cajoling, I took a loan from Union Bank. Small amount to pay back in a month. Time to pay came and I defaulted. Not once did Union Bank go to CNN and BBC that I am a well known Fraud. Funds came into the account two weeks late and they deducted their principal and 6weeks interest. No biggie. All this small roadside "fintech" that get up to give loans will have collapsed if it was them. God knows I WILL NEVER TAKE A LOAN FROM THOSE SHARKS

At the bold faced, you better not. I can understand why lots of people go to these loan apps because the banks will never give them loans if they don't have a job or verified business or collateral. The loan sharks know this and that's why they capitalize on this with their crazy high interest rates and unprofessional attitudes.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Jwonder(m): 8:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Soffyh:
U have faults and they have faults, ur faults is agreeing and not fulfilled,them faults is ,it’s not even up to 3weeks they have started blackmailing u,before they can start blackmail u on contacts, at least after a month, main reasons people goes to apps loan is to keep their secret of been broke, but u started blackmailing not less than a week u don’t need to blackmailing someone u got his bvn details

So if everyone pays back when they feel like how then do you expect this loan company to keep running and pay their staff.
You Nigerians are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by ipobarecriminals: 8:18am On Nov 05, 2021
sad Abeg,I take God beg U,if u HG AVE 2j,give the Useless thing to go pay his debt.U wonder if the nut informed NTA abi whatever they tell the OP to report to b4 he collected Loan
Simran94:

This is why people refuse to help Nigerians. You borrow money, you refused to pay back in due time.

When you were about to borrow money from the app, I'm sure they stated you were to pay an interest on the loan which you agreed too, now you are telling them you won't pay the interest.

I was going to ask you to send your account details so I can send you the money to pay, but you already telling them you won't pay the interest speaks volume of the type of person you are, you might not end up paying. Let me not waste my money
Oga, go and pay them their balance.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by henryobinna(m): 8:20am On Nov 05, 2021
gohzieh:
I haven’t been a victim. But I borrowed money on time from a loan company and I saw 1.5% interest rate and I was cool with that. Only for them to furnish an agreement after my account has been credited that the interest is 9% I felt like crying. How can I borrow 98k and end up paying 137k what did I do. I tried to going back to where I was 1.5% interest, it was not taking me there. I called the lady that referred me, she said I didn’t read it well or I saw it and ignored it. I told her after doing my calculations and I felt okay I can do this only to be told this. I promised never to take from them again. My experience was not bad and I won’t recommend any one to.
no way is 9% of 98k equal to 39k. Do your maths well.
Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by SocialJustice: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2021
You have no hope of future income but you're borrowing. E go burst for your belle.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by KingOfBoyz1(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Mr man. Pay. No spoil person business. Others are waiting to borrow

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Jwonder(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Glitcher:
most of you telling him to go pay his debt is just as insensitive as most Nigerians really are, leaving them with the potential for great wickedness as these loan apps. Just because someone needs money urgently does not mean they have a right to loan at 30% in 2 weeks when the law says maximum of 4% in 1 month. And the breach of privacy is another concern all you are shouting is oga pay your money like simpletons.

You're sick in the head, he downloaded their app by himself and accepted the T&C, nobody forced him.
Don't take a loan and later cry that the interest rate is high.
People like you want to take loans and pay back anytime you feel like, and how do you expect the company to pay its workers?

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by bamdly(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2021
I am annoyed as I am reading this..........

Op this BUHARI time u shud still be thinking about one person blackmailing you....... BUHARI has been blackmailing Nigerians since he resume office and I am not pained.... Ps.... I am owing loan apps l money and I will pay them when I have the money either partial or all so if dem like make dem message all my current contact even my future contact I don't give a damn....... As I no get shi shi currently I can't kill my self....... And I see all the loan app agent on this thread yarning rubbish na thunder go kill una family...... QUOTE ME AND HAVE THE WORST DAY OF THE YEAR......... OP WISE UP

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by Ulunne777(f): 8:27am On Nov 05, 2021
chii8:
3k to pay 3700 shocked shocked shocked shocked

But when he signed agreement and collected money,nobody heard his voice.

@Op,you are a thief and maybe because of your attitude ,friends couldn't lend to you reason you ran to them.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Loan App Agent Keeps Blackmailing Me by horladexino(m): 8:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Na waoo
where me i dey look for lone app that can lend me money to buy fairly used generator for my hustle
pls today is my birthday
shower me with blessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Agbor, Delta, Breaks Down In Tears / 24-Year-Old Lady Stabs Her Boyfriend To Death In South Africa / Sex With Prostitute Sends Married Man To Jail In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.