Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed (35502 Views)

These Quack Doctors Want To Kill Me Before My Time (picture) / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) / Uniabuja Graduate Died In A Hospital After Intestine Was Blocked By The Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by princewarri1985: 12:18am On Nov 06, 2021
Oh no! Am very sorry dear, it's diabetis and it's synonymous with with advance people, my former lanlady got her 2 leg amputated too before she eventually gave up the ghost, you need to act fast and i will advice you take her to your village because traditional medicine is more effective, do that within the next 48 hours because there is no harm in trying before the amputation to prevent it from spreading, i will keep you in my prayers and i pray nothing will happen to your lovely mom, my mom can not see with her right eye anymore after 2 operation due to catarat and it brings me to tears everyday seeing her that way, "WHO SAT AND WATCH MY INFANT HEAD WHILE SLEEPING ON MY CRADLE BED MY MOTHER" it is well such is life

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by yinkeys(m): 12:26am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.
I'm going to keep this brief.

It started three weeks ago. my mum, who was walking normal with no problem suddenly could not walk. Her left leg began paining her severely that day. My mum was all in tears... She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that her sugar level was on the high side. The hospital gave drugs which stabilised it, at that point my mum was very weak, couldn't eat, each time she eat she throws up and also had some pain in the leg still. After a week in the hospital, we were then referred to a teaching hospital after a test showed that creatinine in her kidney was high.

The teaching hospital tried their best and I can say my mum is now okay. Except for the left leg. She can't still walk on it, the leg feels cold to touch with a little discolouration above the foot.

Doppler test showed that blood isn't really flowing through the leg. And they said they will need to amputate the leg to prevent the infection from growing to the other parts of the body.

Please I want to know if you know anyone who had similar condition and amputation was recommended but was later healed without need for amputation.

Please share your recommendations. I need my mum now more than before in my life. We are confused on whether to allow them to go on with the amputation or seek other alternatives.

Thank you very much.

Pls note that as at now, her sugar level, creatinine and other things are normal.
Maybe do a little research on dr sebi
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by olu77(m): 12:29am On Nov 06, 2021
hismerhill:
Stand ur ground, the exact same happened to my mum since october last year, amputation was proposed but GOD made it easy wen we purchase SABAO ORAL products, we were secretly giving her this medicine in her ward & wound healed, now she walk some distance.

@ Spark2, it's SANBAO ORAL Incase you couldn't find it online hismerhill spelled it wrong I believed. I have never heard of it, I was just trying to research it for your benefit

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

It started three weeks ago. my mum, who was walking normal with no problem suddenly could not walk. Her left leg began paining her severely that day. My mum was all in tears... She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that her sugar level was on the high side. The hospital gave drugs which stabilised it, at that point my mum was very weak, couldn't eat, each time she eat she throws up and also had some pain in the leg still. After a week in the hospital, we were then referred to a teaching hospital after a test showed that creatinine in her kidney was high.

The teaching hospital tried their best and I can say my mum is now okay. Except for the left leg. She can't still walk on it, the leg feels cold to touch with a little discolouration above the foot.

Doppler test showed that blood isn't really flowing through the leg. And they said they will need to amputate the leg to prevent the infection from growing to the other parts of the body.

Please I want to know if you know anyone who had similar condition and amputation was recommended but was later healed without need for amputation.

Please share your recommendations. I need my mum now more than before in my life. We are confused on whether to allow them to go on with the amputation or seek other alternatives.

Thank you very much.

Pls note that as at now, her sugar level, creatinine and other things are normal.

Your mom needs to be on high dose of blood thiner for three days and lowest available dose of blood thiner for the rest of her life. From your description she doesn't need to have amputation just yet. She's very far from that level. Plaqunil should do the trick as blood thinner.

My submission was based on what you described. She needs second, third and fourth opinion before she's surgically operated on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by pendragon35(m): 12:33am On Nov 06, 2021
Don't ampute yet. You guys should try another hospital. My Anty had similar experience. Now she's walking with both legs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by olu77(m): 12:40am On Nov 06, 2021
Uzowee:
Buy her STC30. No need to amputate her. STC30 will cure her 100%

@ Spark2, I researched this STC30 and it seems a lot of people have success with it curing one ailment or the other all over the world
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by cherrymi: 12:41am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Pls hurry take her to Dunamis church. The is what they call healing and deliverance service every tuesday. Or any strong church for prayers before making that decision. Most of the times things are more spiritual than physical. In the year 2018, my son suddenly became ill. Hotness of the body, loss of appetite, severe stomach pain etc. I first went to the pharmacy and bought malaria and typhiod drugs no way. I took him to see a paediatrician at the general hospital and ran all forms of test, no way. They could not even ascertain what was wrong with him. I took him to National hospital abuja infact those ones told me, after running several test and scan that they do not know what was wrong. I took him home, financially drain and by then he was no longer walking. He was only 6yrs old. I broke down. I became ill myself from running up and down due to stress. At that state God showed me mercy by revealing that I was trying to use drugs to cure a spiritual problem. God touched him and immediately he started walking and eating and return to school. I have many experiences like that. Some God will open my eye to see and just a simple prayer alone am fine cos already I have spent a lot and the situation seems to get worse. Seek God pls do not amputate her leg yet. God will show you mercy. Peace

4 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by themanderon: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2021
May the healing hands of the most high come upon your mother's legs and I by the blood of Jesus cancel every form of amputation amen.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by samodoh: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2021
Price varies, depending on the materials used, level of function of component parts and patient's activity level. Cause of amputation and your choice also play a role. I AM A PROSTHETIST/07031170852
Spark2:

Thanks for this. Pls do you have any idea the cost of prosthetic leg fitting here in Nigeria?
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by MenelikZayan23(m): 12:48am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Hi if you don't mind I can recommend a traditional herb/concoction for you I pray God give her sound health
For the main time she shouldn't eat or chew bone

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Gubularaska: 12:50am On Nov 06, 2021
DisLifeSha:
She will need insulin o. To be taken regularly. This is type 2 diabetes. Go to a reliable doctor. If her sugar level is well controlled, she won't need to go through that.

I'm a type 1 diabetic and am broke right now and unable to buy this expensive insulin. I've only eaten 4 times this week.

I also have malaria now that I can't treat well because no money. This life is not easy

Send a DM fas fas. I might be able to help you secure a free voucher worth 5 or 10k. That fit reach you see doctor. Nor go buy drugs for ...... you sabi them sha. grin cheesy grin
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by patrickcollins: 12:51am On Nov 06, 2021
Please you guys should make your decision very fast, it happened to my dad they called it Gangrene feet, gave amputation of his leg as the only option. As a biochemist I accepted it but my siblings never agreed being the last child of the family i could not take the decision alone, I was convincing them that is better we go ahead with the amputation. When we all agreed and got to the hospital the man was already weak and we lost him before the surgery. All these happened within some weeks, though my dad was 86 yrs but was still strong. Diabetes is an Evil and a dangerous disease, till now I still regret why didn't we go for amputation on time

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Rhips: 1:01am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Get second, third, fourth opinions
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by watchindelta(m): 1:04am On Nov 06, 2021
Sorry bro, so painful Nigeria hospitals are noting to write home about! Any small thing now cut, 7yrs again they is a Nigeria man living in Italy, later went to Nigeria and get an accident there! the hospital they toke the man to said they will cut the leg off and the man said what! The wife bought tickets jejely and ruch the man back to italy, to cut the long story shot that man is working with is 2 legs till today. I pray God will see your mum through, Nigeria doctors are killars.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Kayclite: 1:07am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Don't be too quick to listen to Doctors.

Try alternative/traditional medicine first. Strong herbals-natural... with no synthetic ingredients.

Also, heard fasting does wonders. Look it up online and Youtube. But it should be applied with right dietary changes for maximum efficiency.
Fasting on lemon juice in the morning 2 hours before breakfast. Chewing raw ginger helps alleviate pains.
Breakfast between 10:00a.m - 12:00a.m. Supper before 6pm.
Remove salt/sugar completely from her diet. Salt/sugar is really destructive. You'd be surprised the number of our products that contain these. Just take a look at the ingredients section on these so-called cooking spices and condiments.
Little or no animal products too, which include milk and eggs. Don't even think about frying her food. Stick to boiled food. Increase vegetables and fruits. But less on the fruit intake due to fruitose. Natural Vegetables like moringa, spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, okra.... bruh. This will activate any weak cell.

She'd burn weight but it's better than loosing a limb.
Critical situations calls for difficult remedies.

Her meals should be cooked natural with little or no artificial products.

I've seen dietary/nutritional adjustments cure the most difficult of diseases you can think of. Look up Dr. Sebi.

I have much books on nutritional guides and naturopathic healing. Just have to be willing to look beyond the mainstream.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by passendi: 1:12am On Nov 06, 2021
samuel19222:
lipsrsealed
If the leg is gangrenous and you want your mum to live, cut it off and buy artificial leg
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by InvertedHammer: 1:19am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

/
If I were you, I will have her try Miira-cell+ powder sublingual very early in the morning (about 2 hours before meal). It is a Stem cell. It comes in a pack of 24 sachets and cost about N28k per pack. STC30 will not help.

Don't let them cut anything yet.

/
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by elbaraj2020(m): 1:35am On Nov 06, 2021
Differentiate:

Like everything is not working. Whites won't think of amputation at all they'll look for other means of survival
But here reverse is the case . op pls they should not amputate her leg .the elder sister of my mum suffered same thing after money was spent she's walking perfectly now.
Spark2 pls you said lastly that everything about her is now normal . don't allow whack doctors to amputate your mom.
Same Doctors you tag wack were the ones that normalised everything, so what are you now saying? Respect everyone doing his/her best in his/her field...when you criticise something, make sure you have a befitting solution to suggest or offer but you just critisised without any solution...that's pathetic.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by elbaraj2020(m): 1:42am On Nov 06, 2021
[quote author=izombie post=107365399]My friend, if you have money send your mom abroad immediately. Don't send her to India o. Because 90% of doctors in Nigeria are quacks. When they can't diagnose malaria, typhoid, diabetes and pneumonia they go for the kill. Never trust a Nigeria doctor. Send your mom to Europe or America, even south africa. Na beg I dey beg you o. Get a proper second opinion.[/quote
You seem comfortable in this stereotypic uniform you are wearing, the same Nigerian Doctors you tag quack are most sorted in the world, they studied here and when they leave the country they do well... there are doctorels here that go for consultancy services abroad, fo the fact that you have experience with one or two quacks doesn't translate the fact that they are quacks mind you even in the developed world we have quacks too....pls learn to value what you have.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by dannex4adx(m): 1:46am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

It started three weeks ago. my mum, who was walking normal with no problem suddenly could not walk. Her left leg began paining her severely that day. My mum was all in tears... She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that her sugar level was on the high side. The hospital gave drugs which stabilised it, at that point my mum was very
weak, couldn't eat, each time she eat she throws up and also had some pain in the leg
still. After a week in the hospital, we were then referred to a teaching hospital after a test showed that creatinine in her kidney was high.

Thank you very much.

Come for MFM manna water and give her some to drink. God will surely take control.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Thereishel: 1:48am On Nov 06, 2021
Take her to Deeper life Bible church nearest to you and the leg would heal. Moreover there is a crusade of deeper life coming starting on Nov 27 if you can take her there she would get deliverance. Please don't attempt to amputate it.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by igbsam(m): 1:52am On Nov 06, 2021
Please don't allow them amputate it o. There are solutions to such. I know of someone who cures diabetes. If you are within lagos or ogun state. I can connect you to him. He's a trado medical practitioner. Diabetes is evil

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 06, 2021
I sympathise with you brother. It is well!!
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by gagadey(m): 2:02am On Nov 06, 2021
I nor dey usually comment but on this one, I just have to cos it may save a life…

Back in Warri, I know of a lady who had similar scenario, and said “its not my portion. They cant amputate me”.
Few weeks later she was gone. Not even up to 1month.
Please and please and please and please…
Since its a diabetic foot, I take God beg you, agree for the amputation. E nr dey waste time for the infection ehhh. E nr dey waste time.
Small infection for leg fit cost life in less than 1 month. Nor answer people wey dey talk say make u wait small or tell u all sorts of stuffs. Trust me biko, they are all lies. I have seen soooo much of these cases that I cant even count and none went well( I mean among those that refused amputation…)
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Chatflick(m): 2:05am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Don't. They should check it again. Your mum is healed. Check the leg
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by bolousadex: 2:11am On Nov 06, 2021
May God heal her. I can imagine what you r going though because I have been there. My mum had thesame issue in 2018. Her High sugar level led to a very big sour to the point you could see all her veins directly. Amputation was recommended but we gave it a final shot with another doctor in akure who used a mix of traditional and conventional means. Can we even say the doctor method worked? I really do not think so but somehow, she wasn't amputated and she got healed. One thing worked for sure; prayers and then, we got her blood sugar regulated and stable for 30 days consistently, we got her on another diabetes medication (Jardiance; about 60k for 30 tablets and she took one tablet everyday), supplements; celgevities while she continued treatment with the doctor who opened the sour up did his thing. Miraculously, 14 days later, she started healing...

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by armyofone(m): 2:11am On Nov 06, 2021
Karence:
Mum got amputed in 2015 diabetes wahala but her leg would have been saved some doctors sef. Worse than what led to loss her leg has happened yet d other d other leg dey. Now Whenever her sugar is high her leg decays but gets by a drug called rocephine plus flagyl prescribed by a doctor. You can research n try it

Your mom should be counting her carbs intake. Look up online how she should be measuring her food so her sugar doesn't spike or get high with each meal.
For example the amount of rice or brown rice she can eat is 1/3 cup with fish vegetable stew.
Bread, Rice, yam, potatoes, eba, fufu, akamu, beans etc in fact all meals should be counted.
Eggs, fish, chicken, snails, meat are carbs friendly.

She has to exercise daily. If she is old, walking daily is ok.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Oppy2k2: 2:18am On Nov 06, 2021
Gangrenous leg. I am afraid, amputation may be the best option. But I will advise u visit another high level medical facility to ascertain d final decision.

I wish mum a touching miracle hand of God.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Hundredfold4lif(m): 2:20am On Nov 06, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

TAKE YOUR MUMMY TO MERCY LAND IN WARRI & LET SNR PROPHET JEREMIAH OMOTO FUFEYIN PRAY FOR HER.
*****PLEASE DO NOT CUT MUM'S LEG!!!!!!
FIVE MINUTES PRAYERS WILL RESTORE HER 100%.
I WRITE WITH A TESTIMONY!!!
PLEASE THANK ME LATER!
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by omonuhabi(m): 2:23am On Nov 06, 2021
Please go and get stem cell for her. It works.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by VastFinder: 2:33am On Nov 06, 2021
Oh my God. This is so sad
. Needs urgent responses
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by moshino(m): 2:36am On Nov 06, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Very sorry for your predicament.

For sure, you need to move fast, if infection is already present in your mum's leg, it can spread REALLY FAST. So quickly get a second and third opinion from reputable, specialized medical centers, and if amputation is the consensus medical opinion, then do it. Prosthetics are very advanced these days, even in Nigeria, and your mum will be fully functional with a good one, nothing to fear in that regard. But you guys need to move fast now. And stick ONLY with good, experienced MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.

Good Luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / All You Need To Know About The Deadly Hepatitis B Virus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.