Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed (35506 Views)

These Quack Doctors Want To Kill Me Before My Time (picture) / The Doctors Forgot A Gauze Bandage Inside Me After Surgery (Disturbing Photo) / Uniabuja Graduate Died In A Hospital After Intestine Was Blocked By The Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Krismas(m): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
doggedfighter:

You want to kill her, right?
cool U ignorant. The body does not need all the food we eat. Infact the body can stay without food for 40days. 7days no food triggers a robust body healing itself. Confirm

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Blaqfellow: 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
My dear what your mother is suffering from diabetes and is on high level sometimes amputating the leg is not the best remedy but doing it depends on her age if she is above 60yrs don't allow them to amputate her legs but if she is below 60 they can go ahead and do it if she can can withstand the trauma I will recommend a drug for you that will help to deposit insulin in her system to fight the sugar I will give u the name of the drugs by 2moro morning thank you she will be fine

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Beey(f): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.
I'm going to keep this brief.

It started three weeks ago. my mum, who was walking normal with no problem suddenly could not walk. Her left leg began paining her severely that day. My mum was all in tears... She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that her sugar level was on the high side. The hospital gave drugs which stabilised it, at that point my mum was very weak, couldn't eat, each time she eat she throws up and also had some pain in the leg still. After a week in the hospital, we were then referred to a teaching hospital after a test showed that creatinine in her kidney was high.

The teaching hospital tried their best and I can say my mum is now okay. Except for the left leg. She can't still walk on it, the leg feels cold to touch with a little discolouration above the foot.

Doppler test showed that blood isn't really flowing through the leg. And they said they will need to amputate the leg to prevent the infection from growing to the other parts of the body.

Please I want to know if you know anyone who had similar condition and amputation was recommended but was later healed without need for amputation.

Please share your recommendations. I need my mum now more than before in my life. We are confused on whether to allow them to go on with the amputation or seek other alternatives.

Thank you very much.

Pls note that as at now, her sugar level, creatinine and other things are normal.
Don’t delay amputation as dead tissue is not good & may cause sepsis. Doctors have done this for a long time. Just consult an endocrinologist for an opinion. They specialize in treating diabetes. Do this as quickly as possible to avoid other stories.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by bluetrails(m): 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
please contact me on 0706277685 , call ,send me a message on whatsapp on 07062776875.

Your mum will start walking within 2 weeks,

You can quote this my post for a future reference.

I had a similar experience ( hyperglycemia leading to a diabetic foot ulcer) emphasis on similar, but today I am super healthy,
If you follow through with my recommendations , Your Mum's condition will be "cured".

I would advice you contact me ASAP.
Good luck.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by saucekid50: 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Go to Wieman Daniel church in Abuja...Elohim ministries...you can check them out on YouTube.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by gentlesmithugo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
I will be honest with u here.same thing killed my mum this year.her leg was amputated due to sugar issue.i stayed with her in the hospital for 3 months before she finally gave up.i still remember the pains she passed through.my heart bleeds.is very risky,though some do survive.i wish her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Carlyboi(m): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
gentlesmithugo:
I will be honest with u here.same thing killed my mum this year.her leg was amputated due to sugar issue.i stayed with her in the hospital for 3 months before she finally gave up.i still remember the pains she passed through.my heart bleeds.is very risky,though some do survive.i wish her quick recovery.

Sorry bout your loss bro!

4 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Uzowee(m): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
Buy your mum STC30 asap... 08154559417. If you have any questions

Spark2:
Hello NL.

It started three weeks ago. my mum, who was walking normal with no problem suddenly could not walk. Her left leg began paining her severely that day. My mum was all in tears... She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered that her sugar level was on the high side. The hospital gave drugs which stabilised it, at that point my mum was very weak, couldn't eat, each time she eat she throws up and also had some pain in the leg still. After a week in the hospital, we were then referred to a teaching hospital after a test showed that creatinine in her kidney was high.

The teaching hospital tried their best and I can say my mum is now okay. Except for the left leg. She can't still walk on it, the leg feels cold to touch with a little discolouration above the foot.

Doppler test showed that blood isn't really flowing through the leg. And they said they will need to amputate the leg to prevent the infection from growing to the other parts of the body.

Please I want to know if you know anyone who had similar condition and amputation was recommended but was later healed without need for amputation.

Please share your recommendations. I need my mum now more than before in my life. We are confused on whether to allow them to go on with the amputation or seek other alternatives.

Thank you very much.

Pls note that as at now, her sugar level, creatinine and other things are normal.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by streetsoldier1(m): 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

try and look for those who sell the stemcell drugs, STC 360 or something, quite expensive but i once heard a testimony how it worked for someone, find out about it
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by mastermaestro(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
sugarbeesmith:
have you taken her to living church first before considering amputation? It really not nice how people don't seek the face of God first in a situation like this before making human decisions.

This how far humans have drifted away from their Maker. When science fails, it is only commonsensical that man should turn to the Almighty GOD for divine help. But no, they will prefer to sink deeper rather than seek the face of the Great Deliverer. It's pathetic!

Just see how they will come insulting you for giving them this advice. sad
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Femmyfestus: 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

If you are a Christian and you believe in miracle. Kindly find your way to abuja in wiseman daniel church. I will guide you on how to do prayerline registration. Surely she will be healed in Jesus name.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by KingGBsky(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Illuminatiship:
Don't be in a hurry to amputate the leg I have seen something like this before where the man involved later walked..

Men this is diabetes they are talking about.
The best bet is amputation. My friend who has already been amputated played with the doctor when they referred he amputate his leg because of diabetes ... he sold so much of what he had and spend so much money trying to treat the leg but at last he was amputated. It’s better the doctor carry it out now before it gets too late.I wish your mum quick recovery!
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Praissey: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:

Thanks.. no injury.. however, they said there's an internal infection
Have they tried treating the infection first?
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Seek a second medical opinion....... If amputation is it, best to have one leg alive, than having both legs dead .......

Your Mum is probably an undiagnosed T2DM patient. ...... If amputation happens, ensure you buy original prescribed drugs, to avoid bi lateral amputation..........

Sepsis is a killer......

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Famocious(m): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sorry to hear about your mum's health condition. It seems she has developed long-term complications of diabetes mellitus : kidney disease and blood vessel disease.

I will advice you yield to doctors suggestions as soon as possible. If you delay, the leg infection may progress, her kidney dysfunction may also worsen making her a difficult patient for the anesthetic to accept for surgery.

I have seen many patients dying because of delay in taking decision.

Best luck
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by KingGBsky(m): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Praissey:
Have they tried treating the infection first?

Trust me when the doctor says it’s time for amputation, no matter how scary it sounds, it’s time! The more they waste time the more the infection spreads.

2 Likes

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Onyxnaija: 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Research compartment syndrome. I believe the diabetes finding was an incidental one. Sadly your mum looks like another victim of the bad system called Nigeria. At this stage amputation will be the best option and outcome as it seems her leg has been deprived of blood supply for too long, and tissues are no longer viable.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Kraytur: 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
ajoyeleke:
May God heal her

Lalasticlala pls this no b snake matter but need more advice

Modified: opps FTC my second time in over 10yrs on this forum

Pls if u av a legit business that I can run with 1.5m and profitable hit me up this pos business don cast

Buy phones overseas and sell here
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Originalsly: 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Not in the medical field. From what I gathered over time .... surgery is usually a last resort. From your write up ... it seems to be the first resort. Usually... with diabetes.... people begin to lose their toes ... or fingers.... and the condition move up the limbs. In such cases ... amputation is usually done to slow down the spread. Hers is not the toes ... but above the ankle..... and her blood sugar is normal. Definitely blood circulation is a problem. Is it she has a blocked/collapsed blood vessel? .... that can be opened up using a "stem"? ( or something like that.... medics know what I'm talking about...clarify!) ... can it be she has some serious bacteria or fungus infection?... that can be treated with anti biotic or ehmmm.... whatever they use to treat fungus? How can they not explore these and others that I don't know of ... but just juml.to the conclusion that amputation is the only way? No doubt ... amputation and follow ups mean more money. Don't ever hold doctors as Saints .... wayyy too many are vampires... don't care a damn about the patients well being bit care a whole lot about how much money they can extort from patient and family. Go to another hospital or wherever .... as if it is her first visit to a doctor .... I'm almost sure the story will be different. Forget about amputation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Shutupthere: 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
NSPPD plz sir ask your mum to join 7:30 am in the morning MONDAY - FRIDAY. What God cannot do does not exist
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by yinkeys(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
She should try the vegan life for a while
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Spark2: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Carlyboi:

Sorry bout your loss bro!
So sorry bro.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by InvertedHammer: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

/
Seek second and third or even fourth medical opinion before they start cutting off any human part.

My trust for the medical advice of Nigerian doctors is only 60% and that's me being generous. They are looking for the one that will fetch them the most money.

/
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Drone95(m): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
sad that's diabetes neuropathy in due to untreated diabetes mellitus coupled with increases CK level. The leg is not getting blood supply sufficient to nourish the nerves & muscles, gangrene has set in , have you seen a physiotherapist? Amputation should be the last option unless it's diabetic foot
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by ello29(m): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
I pray God to heal her in Jesus name Amen.
I think professionally the doctors may have a better reason.
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Yankee101: 11:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
1. Seek a second opinion and do it quickly
2. If a second, reputable, teaching hospital standard opinion suggests amputation. then do it quickly or the gangrene will spread, infect her blood and kill her (olohun maje)

You must do everything within one week

Caution for others

Eat healthy food (lots of vegetables, fruits and fish)

Exercise at least once a week, but ensure daily walks of at least 30min

Treat you blood sugar immediately if it spikes

Prolonged diabetes can affect your leg, sight, heart and kidneys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by kennyrichfirst(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
no cause for alarm.

...if u believe u would see d grace of God

the leg would not be amputated

DM for spiritual operation
Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Spark2:
Hello NL.

Thank you very much.

Help her constantly massage the leg with balm and sheer butter... hopefully she gets better... wishing her a speedy recovery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed by kennyrichfirst(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mind u ,this is not a scam....am not asking for money
Just ur believe...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / All You Need To Know About The Deadly Hepatitis B Virus! / A Lady Arrested For Helping Fainted Cleaner (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.