Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

“Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria (41486 Views)

Address Dearth Of Cash In Banks, Afe Babalola Urges FG / The Dearth Of Quality Writers In Nigeria / Igbo Apprenticeship in Alaba is the largest business incubator in the world(vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 07, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Na big aunty bi that ohhhhhh
I see..I don forget her name sef..
Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by Edoziesmart(m): 10:19am On Nov 07, 2021
moneyissweet:
It is simple

Everybody now including the parents and "nwa boy" choro ego mbute.They want to blow today and tomorrow. No one is interested to learn anything again. That is why kidnapping, ritual, prostitution and armed robbery is on the rise.

I think that "nwa boy" thing ended in 1999. What we have in the village now are young kidnappers,weed smokers and cultists.

They all have ak47,some are even begging me to be my personal bodyguard this December. These are young boys of 18,19 .

Uwa emebigo Biko

That's the generation we found ourselves into. Ụmụaka nile chọrọ ego mbute. Onweghi nke chọrọ ndị humble and serve his oga for better settlement. That's how my brother brought my cousin of 16 years to come and serve him last year. The idiot boy ran away with my bros 300k in just 5 days of his stay in his house.
5 days oo not 5 weeks or 5 months. The thing shocked everybody but we managed to collect the remaining money from him through the help of his father.

This kind ugly situation is making me to even have double mind to call sales girl or nwa boy to come and serve me.

1 Like

Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by Godmademan(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Many are blind these days. Failing to see beyond their noses. Recently though, it seems Buhari has caused some parents to think. I am beginning to see secondary schools students sent to learn tailoring, furniture making, etc these days. They simply go to school in the morning and join in after school. Then fully take part during the holidays. The FG should revamp the technical colleges and review their curriculum such that the student would have gained at least a skill before graduation.

1 Like

Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by YourFavorite21(m): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2021
Yahoo, yahoo is not really the main reason why boys no dey gree serve "Oga" again, it's because some masters are very wicked, once time don dey reach for you to be settled, the Oga and his wife go join hands find one allegation come put for your head, just to frustrate you and so they won't settle you.
grin
Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by GreaterFuture(m): 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
pocohantas:
This thread isn’t calling for the old model or apprenticeship. I just wan know why youths no dey gree learn work these days, despite the shorter duration.
You did not want to know.
You were judgementally insinuating that most of them are lazy, impatient, want fraud money etc.

Whereas that's not the case at all!
The issue and the whole situation is far bigger than that, far far bigger

3 Likes

Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
GreaterFuture:

You did not want to know!
You were judgementally insinuating that most of them are lazy, impatient, want fraud money.
Whereas that's not the case at all!

Ok
Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by viktohmarkz(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
Folks want to make it big with little or no extra hard work,
That's the very reason.

Even those who are trying to do a little apprenticeship after they feel egoistic about the little they've learnt they feel they know it all,

After my OND, i figured that nigeria has no plans for this generation (The youth)
I went into skill learning (tailoring) i got to meet other guys who feel its just to cut and sew, no manner of approach or respect for customer or even the boss who teaches.

Its crazy but i finished mine, thank God
The matter we no go settle am now but in the next few years and those who think fraud is a way out i laugh because no matter how high, it all falls down

2 Likes

Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
Apprenticeship is good but can be so so frustrating in Nigeria
Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by nedekid: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
pstmikol1:
I mentioned you earlier but you didn't reply, please consider me sir, my Dad is not buoyant at this moment and he's the only one for me(he's a widower). Please let me find favor in your eyes. I will appreciate any little help. Thank you sir
Cc: sir nedekid
Hello. Acct no.
Still waiting. If it passes 12pm, it has passed and unfortunately..
Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2021
viktohmarkz:
Folks want to make it big with little or no extra hard work,
That's the very reason.

Even those who are trying to do a little apprenticeship after they feel egoistic about the little they've learnt they feel they know it all,

After my OND, i figured that nigeria has no plans for this generation (The youth)
I went into skill learning (tailoring) i got to meet other guys who feel its just to cut and sew, no manner of approach or respect for customer or even the boss who teaches.

Its crazy but i finished mine, thank God
The matter we no go settle am now but in the next few years and those who think fraud is a way out i laugh because no matter how high, it all falls down
You've said it all

1 Like

Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
YourFavorite21:
Yahoo, yahoo is not really the main reason why boys no dey gree serve "Oga" again, it's because some masters are very wicked, once time don dey reach for you to be settled, the Oga and his wife go join hands find one allegation come put for your head, just to frustrate you and so they won't settle you.
grin
Lol, true oo
Re: “Nwa Boy”: Rising Dearth Of Apprenticeship In Nigeria by MrLekan95(m): 3:04am On Sep 25, 2022
Alexistaiwoo:
The harsh economic realities of nowadays is a major contributing factor.

Back then, you can served with the peace of mind that your daily and sundry expenses will be taken care of without stress but this 2021, when your boss is under financial stress, how will the steward serve in peace?
Good afternoon bro...
Sent you a mail hoping on your reply since yesterday, I've something kinda important to discuss with you please....
My WhatsApp digit: 09014944715
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin / Femi Otedola With Dangote And His Daughter, Halima (Photo) / Lady Cries Out After Finding That The Bulk Clothes She Purchased Were All RAGS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.