Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44798 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Boogyman557: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool ABOBI IF U TRY AM. I GO MAKE SURE SEY ANY WER WEY I SEE U, I GO 1ST BLAST 1 OF UR LEG WIT MY OLD KALA. WTF MAN

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by NohurryInLife: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2021
As a man bro, no dey allow woman dey tell you wetin you go do especially when it comes to issue like this. Na man you be my brother...forget love abeg.

Na wetin you want she suppose follow you want if she really loves you & wants to settle down with you.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by FantasyHub: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2021
Whoever did this to y'all.

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Johel(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

Don't marry her...she's bias and uncivilised... I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Righteousness2(m): 11:47am On Nov 07, 2021
It is a simple thing.
Good all these are happening before the marriage. She is Bold Enough to tell you her stand. I Believe she has her reasons.
It is a Yes or No thing!
If there are no agreements, there is no need for Marriage.

15 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by francdec4(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2021
If she won't join you forget about settling down with her. #from experience.

KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2021
You have not started the journey of marriage, she's already calling the shots. What does that tell you?
It simply means she'll want to be in charge, control and influence all your decisions when you finally get married.

That's a huge red flag you have there. Run!

Better to start all over than live in regret all your life.

By normal standard, a woman is suppose to follow the hubby to his place of worship. If the man now allows her to worship in her place of choice, fine. Not her telling you to follow her to her Church. She don turn you to the wife be that.

14 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2021
Oga she no love u grin grin
Freedom of Religion is in dis country,,,,
If she really love u she cant use dis as an Excuse,
My guy she is nt truly urs

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
I understand her sha. Some of us do not feel very comfortable in some churches
So what?like what's the solution right now cos you are a lady..I wanna hear from you..
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Don't be a simp.. if she can control that then your marriage is already in hell, because she will assume and will always want her opinion to override yours... Its your home and its is you that will dictate the pattern how it will be formed... e be like say u don't know 90% of the house responsibility lies on you...
I was a partial Catholic, but got serious about getting married, & she's trying to play such card.. we already attending Mass, if you no want just move.. You think say responsible men plenty again?? My elder sister before she got married will simply say a Girl don't belong to a particular fold until she is married and her husband wish is hers.
We muevvvv

8 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Bamzyriches451: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2021
Ogbeni op let her go, except you're a SIMPle man begging for love but just know that once you give her this opportunity to dictate you then just know that this woman will manipulate you through your stay in that marriage.
'Enough Is a word for the wise" ahhh what am I even saying? " A word is a enough for the wise"

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by austinelex: 11:51am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

bro i am a member of a Catholic church but any girl that says she want you to leave the church for you to marry her doesn't deserve you,she we tell me if no be one God everyone is serving

9 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Felalucky8(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2021
If you need advice on this you don't have sense and not yet ready for marriage

8 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2021
You have given her the freedom to continue fellowshipping in her church after marriage, so why is she still complaining undecided . If she still refuses to accept that you both attend your different churches, then you better end the relationship.

13 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

She is lucky you didnt tell her to leave her church and join yours. This is just the beginning, this woman is going to want to control your life, run away!!! You will find another woman!!!

Dont marry a woman with your heart, you marry with your head. The signs are there this woman is going to be a problem.

Take the pain now you will get over it. Else a lifetime of misery awaits you. Remember every divorce starts with "I love you"

To be honest, you are already showing you are weak and she controls your relationship. A woman needs to kow who is boss, even the bible says the man is head. Right now she is clearly your boss.

Understand who has leverage here...woman are not scarce in town. It is men to marry that are scarce.

12 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nwokenta(m): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2021
Lmao.

Bros, that is a red flag. If you go ahead with the marriage, she will still demand and insist that you do many other things against your wish.

Gudluck anyways

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BlackyOne: 11:52am On Nov 07, 2021
According to the elders, you must listen to both horse as the tell their story..

Question
Why are you in the Catholic church amongst all sect?

Why does she despise the Catholic church and why does she belong to her current sect?

The elders are waiting for your answer!

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by princepee: 11:52am On Nov 07, 2021
My advice,
if you love her and you also love your church, leave your church marry her get her pregnant.
Then go back to your church.
Win win for you.

Sense wi not kee me �

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by 9janacruice: 11:52am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

You ain't seeing nobody else because her jazz is effective on you.

She would still tell you that your mom or sis or brother can't visit you in your own house.

Men, it's high time you gave up on this love shit and look through your lenses.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by chinnyonwu(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Since you like her so much ans feel she is the one for you, leave Catholic and join her if you can. Doesn't sound like a big deal to you. You will be crippled with "what if" if you do otherwise..

Problem is, get ready for more ultimatums.

Personally if you ask me, a female that is ready to leave you because of a minor issue like this is not a serious person at all & not one to consider going further with.... (Even after you have given uour blessings for her to attend her own church.) wtf

12 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Value2Ethics: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Let her go, she will always choose her pastor over you.

For your peace of mind and success in life, let her go and marry a male from her church.

Please, insist your wife attend same church as you, if you're religious.

Just immediately cut all communication with her, except if she support you economically cool tongue undecided embarassed shocked

My frm boss did that, and cost him his life. When he became sick, he was taken to the church instead of hospital, after wasting time, it was discovered he had cancer. At that point it was too late.

What damage church has done and still doing to Nigeria, is incalculable kiss undecided lipsrsealed tongue cool shocked grin cheesy wink

KoladeChris24:

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by CUMIN: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2021
You guys can't marry a Muslim, yet you still don't want to get married to someone in the same faith group. Just denomination is what you crave for.

8 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

As far as u don Bleep de Kpekus 2 ur satisfaction, let her Ass go,
Dis type of women believe der pastors dan der husband, better be wise b4 she tell u 2 leav ur parents nd focus all u got on her family,,,,
Dis is a Red flag
Mak sure u Bleep de hell out of de puna b4 u leav her Ass, u will be satisfied grin

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by tempex88(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2021
I must applaud the lady. Good she has some standards. However, as a man, if you succumb to this, you will have to succumb to all her other requests in marriage.

You can also try to understand why she doesn't like the Catholic church. Who knows, something bad might have happened to her through the church in the past. Just do more findings

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by donestk(m): 11:54am On Nov 07, 2021
I'm an unserious catholic.

I married my wife a serious non catholic

Now she's a very serious catholic while I don't even go to church.

This OP na weak man

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Ijaya123: 11:55am On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:

Who asked her to attend another church?

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MarketDispatch: 11:55am On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can to can't start over anymore.

Seems like you already want to start sewing skirts in preparation for the ones you will be wearing in your marriage.

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by anyicash(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2021
You will also denounce your father and mother for her.... Non sense.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Biglittlelois(f): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2021
I can never understand how church denomination is a prerequisite for marriage, I get the religion stance, but church? Is one marrying the church or the man/woman? How does Church denomination determine the right man or woman or a happy marriage/home? Is church denomination a yardstick or sure bet to making heaven? Discrimination in Christianity is not helping at all!!!

6 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Rodwave: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2021
Leave naa..
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:

Same God, reasons I am not religious but believe in HUMANITY. Disliking a church is HATE, and hate is wickedness, wickedness is EVIL. Evil is bad. I love all everyone, I can donate money to all religions, if need be to, I can walk into anyone. Humanity is love. You don’t need to say one is not comfortable with church, even humans, I can stay with anyone, I just need to find out your dos and donts and we fine, we live happily.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Zambian Pastor, Brighton Samajomba, Dies From Malnutrition After 20-Day Fasting / "It Is Dangerous Fighting Your Wife" -Mike Bamiloye Tells Men What To Do Instead / Pastor Adeboye: Coronavirus Will Kill Only Those Whose Time Has Come To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.