Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,932 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44711 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Prevailing: 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Myer:

Which denomination does she attend.

Usually non-Catholics believe Catholic Church is into idolatry. So I guess that's her fear.

My is, do you think is a mere belief or a fact. The catholic way to worship God is not in the Bible. Jesus said He is the way, truth and life, no one comes except thro Him John 14:6. The catholics say you go to God thro mary. Is that not idolatry?. They see you as an outcast if you don't belong to the Mary league.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by sweetkev(m): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
As someone said ...

I know a Deeper Life woman who said " no one but DL member"

After she don knack 30... " no one but a Christian"

When she was 40, an Uztaz friend of mine was kidding about adding a wife.

After the meeting, she went to beg for consideration as Wife Number 2
grin
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Lacash: 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.
The same way she’ll tell you to abandon ur family in the nearest future…Use ur brain man cool

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Ellasure: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dear brother, I enjoined you plead with her and if she continues her way kindly run away from her with the speed of light.

Most men that are wandering about various churches started with this puzzle.

Satan comes in and strike in different styles. If she is truly loving you and she is thinking of your future together, the Roman Catholic church is perhaps the best church today.

Kindly find another more beautiful girl in the Catholic church for marriage to obtain a lasting peace and prosperity in your life. Satan is lurking around you for destruction through lure of a recalcitrant girl.

I am very sure she still has a thousand other requests to change your life before destroying it. RUN run run

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by wallarwallar(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
You gave her option to attend any church of her choice but she said NO that you must do her wish. A BIG RED AND DANGER FLAG. God has a unique way of delivering us from future destruction but it is left for you to be sensitive enough to understand. Some time we just choose to love the devil regardless of the signs

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by TenQ: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.
Why do you deliberately want to bring problem into your life.
Have you also asked her how she wants to raise her children? Do you think she will mind if they are raised as Catholics?

Just as you are strongly opinuated about your church, so she is. It's a disaster waiting to happen. She probably doesn't see you as Born Again anyway!

Marriage doesn't succeed based on love alone o!
A word is enough to the wise!

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Vinesee: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Remind her that the British Anglican Bishops are coming back home to the catholic church, why then should he leave?

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Prenonjebose: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
I have a friend and former colleague whose girl friend attended a particular Pentecostal church, while he was a JW. At a time, the lady came to seek for my advice concerning their relationship. She wanted to discontinue with the relationship because of the difference in faith. The questions I asked her were:
1. Do you love him? Answer was Yes
2. Is he insisting you leave your church? No.
I just told her to make up her mind on what she wants based on these answers. They got married under this circumstances, but today they are attending a different Pentecostal church.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by marsup: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
Shouldn't we all practice Christianity the way it ought to be practiced? Followers of Christ, irrespective of the denomination?
So much division in the Christendom.

You can only change your beliefs as a Catholic, if you think that is not the right path. Don't let love lead you astray. Love is not blind. People are just blinded by stupidity.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by frank417: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
Allow the Bible decide which church you guys should attend. Bible doctrine comes first.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by frozen70(f): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Obey her if you wish, that's the sacrifice you have to make

Be ready to obey all her instructions just because you are getting married

By the way, what do you mean that she is the only one you love

Are you just starting a relationship or you have finally denounced your family just to be with her

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by greggng: 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Run away from that girl ..a woman trying to kick u out of your church is not a good woman. At the end she will stop u from having relationship with your extended family..

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lomprico(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
tempex88:
I must applaud the lady. Good she has some standards. However, as a man, if you succumb to this, you will have to succumb to all her other requests in marriage.

You can also try to understand why she doesn't like the Catholic church. Who knows, something bad might have happened to her through the church in the past. Just do more findings

he is not forcing her to be a Catholic. she is d one trying to force him to join her church.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by juniorstar(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Let her go
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by perdollar(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

u b mumu. There r things that defines u and ur belief should b one of it. Ur belief should b unshakable and unchangeable. If she won't b in her church and allow u b in ur church, forget her.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lomprico(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bluntemperor:

God bless you Sis!
Don't mind those above speewing anything because they are in their shops or bedroom,just demeaning the Church,which is to me an act of irresponsibility!
Faith is a serious matter in Christian homes and you are either a believer or not!
OP,you told us where her faith and believed is but you just refused to tell us where yours belong and that is a deliberate omission,please tell us,so we can add or leave you!

he said he is a Catholic. Bigot! you think you are going to heaven? lol

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Abemy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Brother, let me tell you something. A pastor's daughter turned me down for "worshipping Mary" three months later, she got pregnant and could not figure out who was responsible, this happened I Ogbunike in Abambra state in early 2015.

My brother, listen. Last Wednesday, I went to see a pastor in Awka Abambra state, I had seen him last month for counseling and he asked me to bring certain things.

My brother, when I got there, I was shocked, the pastor's residential building has a shrine inside with fetish items, and different parts of animals and birds placed on different gods as sacrifice.

He abandoned the church and invited me three. These are the people condemning the Catholic Church. The first time I went to see this man whom I was connected to by a friend, he kept me for more than 4 hours in the church, while he was inside, (probably consulting those gods).

He he came out, he started prophecying to people. I honestly thought those prophecies were from God. Untill this past Wednesday. I was visibly jerking. I asked him, are these items for God Almighty? he didn't respond. He gave me kola nut to do some incantations.

We almost ended in serious fight, but I used my brain to avoid him doing the unthinkable to me, based on the church's location.

Forget all these people, that day, I told myself that God brought me here to strengthen my faith in Him, through the Catholic Church. I will never leave the Catholic Church for any other church in this world. They used charms and magic to confuse their followers that, it is God who answer them.

They speak demonic languages and claim to be speaking in tongues. These, are people that attack the Catholics every now and then. Their secret is, their followers don't know the real things they are into, they decieve them by using God's name, but they lead them to serve man made gods unknowingly.

Let that lady be. Pray to God and present to Him the qualities you want in your wife, then commence the search process, do not impose any girl/lady on God to change her into your wife. Forget about all those you have admired before and prayerfully start a fresh search.

I wish you luck.

6 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by tete7000(m): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Is she the only girl in the world? You are even willing to have a divided home just to accommodate her! O ga fun e o... Na wa for you?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by FreedomArmy: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Religion; the bane of progress in Nigeria.

My wife goes to mountain of fire.

I'm a traditional worshipper.

I can never set foot in church.

She knows that.

That's why we only did court marriage and traditional marriage.

No church.

I can't let religion dictate my life.
why didn't you marry your fellow traditional woshipper. That way the two of you can always be on the same page.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Valuc: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

is she a sabbath or Jehova witness or deeper Cus na Dem get this principle

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by EmmyCC: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
You don't have to.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by frozen70(f): 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
Felalucky8:
If you need advice on this you don't have sense and not yet ready for marriage

He has sense he would have brought this to his parents if he doesn't have sense
Imagine
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BlackPantherxXx: 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
sweetkev:
grin

I swear ooo...

Sadly she died a spinster.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
you are just a simp.
KoladeChris24:

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lomprico(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
femi4:
She is right, Catholic is not a Bible believing Church.

2. As a family, you should be attending same church to promote common purpose of unity

I have a lady friend who's husband is a Catholic n attends his church while she attends hers! amongst all my married friends their marriage is the most united. why? because they are 2 human beings that love each other irrespective of any other thing. Church/religion has caused a lot of problems to humanity.

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Celsony: 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

If she truely love she will not have concerns with your believe. I tell you most solemnly that when you marry her you will also not have a say in so many things.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Iniobong44(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hmmmmm, is hard ooo
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by penearth(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
My brother defend ur faith before she scatter ur family history. A 7 day Adventist tried doing that to me, I resisted it. Be a man if u comply she will over ride u and make ur household her church
The Bible said even d very elect will b deceived so d worst is coming. So use ur head!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BigIyanga: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

You never start and i don dey give away all power and leverage... somethings dey easy to promise in the name of love... common sense and reality go reset ur brain soon

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by GodisFirst: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Mood11 has exposed to you what will happen after the wedding if you accept the girl's condition and leave your church.
If you are serious with your Catholic faith, I don't think you will have this as a problem because you are the one that is supposed to ask the girl to follow you to where you are going and if she really loves you and wants to spend the rest of her life with you, then she must follow you.

However, if she sees that you are not serious with your faith as a Catholic, then she will attempt to drag you to her own church. The same way she will drag you to a herbalist or Native doctor or to anywhere when you encounter storms of life that usually come to test your faith.

Is she trying to convert you and marry you

My brother be wise. There are also many good girls in the Catholic church, if you keep your eyes down, you will see them.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by osazsky(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

anything tied to strings must get comma last last bet..she go tell u to disassociate urself from your parents soon..na clap them take they enter dance.this i have seen and it must come to pass..the only true prophet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Pastor Transforms A Madman Into A Responsible Figure (Photos) / Pastor Exhumes Charms From Salon In Abuja / Photos Of 'Jesus Soap' That "Washes Sins Away"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.