Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44810 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by sophy17(m): 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

You are not dictatiing to her but she she is now dictating to you on this. Just know that it will not end there as she will do it on other things which will eventually destroy your marriage to her.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by alizma: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
Chucks1989:
I think she being selfish here...I mean you accepted to allow her attend any Church she wants, she now wants to drag you with her.
That's chaining yourself
The person who is selfish here is the guy. He is only thinking of today.
How will they manage the situation tomorrow when kids start growing? Imagine as Christians your children watch you and your wife dress up on Sunday morning only to go your separate ways leaving the young ones of the emotional stress of having to make hard choice between Dad and Mom at a very tender age. I see such decision as act of disorganizing ones family right from the beginning.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Dpundict: 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Just like the witness babe I love said too that unless I convert to being a witness Oyo is my name. I hope when we get to heaven we all have denominational heavens and different God according to our denominations. SMH!!
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by junbi(f): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
I’m a Catholic and I understand the prejudice she has against another church from hers.

But Is love now conditional As in honest love o!

Then again,

Maybe she’s afraid you’d change your mind in marriage

Maybe she’s afraid it’ll somehow affect the kids

Maybe she’s afraid of losing control of something so dear to her

Address her fears!

N:B you guys should have discussed this thing long before catching strong feelings so you’d have crossed this bridge already undecided

May the stronger character win.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Sheriman(m): 1:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.
Wonder shall never end
Wheytin Ashewo no go see for brothel
Wheytin Musa no go see for Gate
Nigerians and Religion dem carry both for head like gala and cold pure water like hawkers use to to carry am inside hold up.
Nigerians religiosity is just for show off or to avoid being tagged as an atheist. Religion tolerance is not found in their religious dictionary.
What a pity!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by aeronot(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
Love of your life grin angry grin angry angry angry she don dey dictate b4 she enter house. God don show u sign, u no wan hear word. Na u kw.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by West2019(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
franchasng:
lolz, na so, very simple grin

The girl must be below 27yrs wink
that's the truth bro
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by crackhouse(m): 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
I don't give advice to people like you. Just do what u like bro... time will tell, by then na you go dey advice others..
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by RuddyFusion(m): 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2021
Is she a Christian? ( Born again Christian) if she's then listen to her......
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by fof1: 1:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Pls Follow her if She is Genuine and Genuinely Attending a Living Church and Servicing God there...Committed.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
You have given her the freedom to continue fellowshipping in her church after marriage, so why is she still complaining undecided . If she still refuses to accept that you both attend your different churches, then you better end the relationship.
Seriously, op tried tolerating her to attend her own church yet she's not satisfied. It's too bad

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by mapet: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

You are the head if the family. If you wife cannot be submissive up to the point of rejection of your offer and want to compel you to attend her church, then my brother, you have lost control of your home before it starts.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by fof1: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Pls Follow her if She is Genuine and Genuinely Attending a Living Church and Serving God there...Committed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by SATANlST: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

simp.ng

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by DownChelsea(f): 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

1. SHE DOES NOT LOVE YOU

2. SHE IS NOT UNDERSTANDING

3. SHE IS NOT OPEN MINDED

4. SHE HAS SOME LEARNING TO DO

5. YOU LOVE THE WRONG WOMAN

6. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrMacinterchi1: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bluntemperor:

God bless you Sis!
Don't mind those above speewing anything because they are in their shops or bedroom,just demeaning the Church,which is to me an act of irresponsibility!
Faith is a serious matter in Christian homes and you are either a believer or not!
OP,you told us where her faith and believed is but you just refused to tell us where yours belong and that is a deliberate omission,please tell us,so we can add or leave you!
it's the girl's own he omitted. and there's only one faith in Christianity which is in Christ Jesus. Worshipping in a particular church is not about having faith .
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Ajalekoko76(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
Is very simple as a Catholic choose between Jesus and the girl. If you Jesus Christ more rewards await you for being faithful to your faith. Never deny your faith because of mere mortal being. You can't LOVE any being or anything more than Christ in sacrament. I was once in your position I stood my ground as a Catholic and today I am happy I never trade my faith over irrelevant being even Judas Iscariot better pass her. It seems you don't value what you have @ being a Catholic until you miss it. Once you leave Catholic church your life become miserable in the hands of false teachers/pastoreneur. Jeje follow Christ and forget daughter of Jezebel

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MOGPman(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

I concur with the lady

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
BlackyOne:
According to the elders, you must listen to both horse as the tell their story..

Question
Why are you in the Catholic church amongst all sect?

Why does she despise the Catholic church and why does she belong to her current sect?

The elders are waiting for your answer!
This your writeup is senseless. Everyone has a choice of religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Humorme2(f): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
I believe everyone should marry the denominations they agree with. Many Pentecostals hate the Catholic church and some of them feel they can never marry one. Simply look for a girl that agrees with your faith and leave her. I don't agree with couples attending different churches because it may not be good for your kids.

This is a very important issue that all intending couples should think about before marriage.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by SATANlST: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
fof1:

[s]Attending a Living Church and Serving God there.[/s]
so catholic is a dead church where god no dey abi?
thunder fire your maggot filled brain. even the oyinbo wey bring am come will never call a church dead church. who gave you the power to decipher which is living and which is dead??
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
princepee:
My advice,
if you love her and you also love your church, leave your church marry her get her pregnant.
Then go back to your church.
Win win for you.

Sense wi not kee me �
That's a fake life

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Sweetyummy(f): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
She is not yet ready to be married, coz i don't see how someone's faith will be a hinderance when love is there.
KoladeChris24:

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by treatise: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
That's the beginning of the control mechanism, once adhere to her dictates now so it will be forever. Shine ya eyes
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Don't mind her.
She is a potential church fanatic.
The Roman Catholic Church is far better than all these businesses enterprises masquerading as churches

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Jnjoku883(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Bro, leave her and find anoda. Church na church. Simple...
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nehyooh(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
I understand her sha. Some of us do not feel very comfortable in some churches
It so funny saying "you don't feel comfortable in some churches". It's the same God, I know mode of service may differs, but just adapt that's all.
A lady must be ready to change a whole lots of things after settling down it's one of the sacrifice, same thing applicable to men in some areas too.

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
WoundedLamb:
I don't see why you should leave your church for her. I'm not trying to invalidate her desire to have a family that has the same denomination, but if you're not willing to make that move (which you are not obliged to) she has to decide if it's a deal breaker and move on if so. Our happiness as individuals is very important and it's fine if marrying a catholic is what will make her happy. But you shouldn't sacrifice your own happiness too. Y'all should approach the subject logically without sentiment and should be ready to love each other enough to end the relationship if any compromise at the stage would lead to issues later. It's good you're even being honest with each other. Some men would simply agree to her demands just to take her to the alter and then remind her who's the head of the family afterwards.

These are the kind of subjects we should be discussing during the dating phase when things aren't serious yet. That's basically why we date.
Bro,you are absolutely correct
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

The Catholic always tell their girls to insist the man must join the church. This is how they are wired. But you must know that the Nigerian culture tells the girl to attend the man's church. Go and make your research well. The catholic church is aware of this cultural rule too. Now, my question is this: what if the girl who wants to marry the catholic boy insists too....what will the catholic church say? Of course the church will still insist the girl joins the church. If you ask me, the church the man attends overrides that of the girl in the Nigerian culture; however, the man may decide to follow the girl if he so desires. I have seen cases like this. If your faith doesnt go with her, it is better you let her go. But from experience, girls later regret it. It is a terrible thing. The ball is in your court. Know and know it well, if you follow her, you will have many people to explain to. So, if your faith is not solid, let her go.

This is a religious act I see that is killing christians. If the two of you are prayerful, believe me, you will not have any problem with this. This is just a signal that one of you, or both is/arent spirit filled. It's a simple as ABC. You arent compatible spiritually. Either/Both is/are still baby/ies. I am sure you do not pray together. It is a red flag. Once the girl insists you follow her to her church, give her red card. Why? She supposed to have checked and released the man a long time since she knows she cannot leave her church and the boy attends the church. It is just manipulation as far as the Nigerain culture is concerned.

Sir, let her go if you do not like the catholic church. I do not understand why she dated out of the church since her aim is to marry one. Hoping to convert ones partner is a manipulative act. They are confusionists. They are aware of the Nigerian culture but they are just confusionists. This is where I respect JEHOVAH witnesses. They know they cannot marry outside their church, so they dont even date outside their church. But Catholics are notorious in regards to this issue.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Emeka511(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Which one is "her children" ?
advanceDNA:

Obviously u have different beliefs...she’s afraid u will later make her and her children attend your church.....if you both can’t compromise for each other over church matter make una dey go una seperate ways...it’s just church Abeg ...
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
She is not wise. Now that she has seen a man that genuinely loves her, she is gambling. The OP sounds like a good man who genuinely loves her.
Slavishbenin:

Seriously, op tried tolerating her to attend her own church yet she's not satisfied. It's too bad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Zambian Pastor, Brighton Samajomba, Dies From Malnutrition After 20-Day Fasting / "It Is Dangerous Fighting Your Wife" -Mike Bamiloye Tells Men What To Do Instead / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.