Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44844 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
tempex88:
I must applaud the lady. Good she has some standards. However, as a man, if you succumb to this, you will have to succumb to all her other requests in marriage.

You can also try to understand why she doesn't like the Catholic church. Who knows, something bad might have happened to her through the church in the past. Just do more findings
This is crap for me, his denomination his choice. He owes no one any explanation

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Munzy14(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.
Hmmmm!!!

This was me sometime ago...But, I was firm with my decision..we went our seperate ways.

It will be difficult for you now, but this is a test to know if you are really strong in what you believe...

My last words to her was, If I am born and dedicated here, grew in it...Having a smooth life and God blessing me unlimited, why should I abandone it now..

She was short of words, then I told her, If you are for me, you won't question the following..If not lets call it off...

Bro it was hard considering how we started, the dreams and aspirations..Plans ahead etc..

During that time I slim down a bit, lost focus at work..Considering how far we've come in this...But, later on motivation came from no where..

And it is as if things are working perfectly nowadays than before smiley...

My last prayer was let the will of God take place.

Moving on you will meet a lot of beautiful decent and intelligent ladies ahead...They are plenty..Don't limit yourself and your capabilities...If a woman is for you, she will follow you.

Channel your energy to productivity...Goodluck as you are about to take a tough decision.

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by KoladeChris24(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

Thanks for the responses everyone. It's on the front page.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lereinter(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
First it's not possible for two of you to attend different churches when married

It's better you look for Catholic girl to marry cos the girl sounds like a mature lady

She knows what she wants

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by dreu2fine(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

bro let her go ok many fishes de river
i see more troubles for u ahead even if u marry her
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Exceed15: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
If you struggle to get a girl , u will also struggle to keep her

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nwaajasa: 1:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Is she a Christian? ( Born again Christian) if she's then listen to her......
what is Born again going to do with denomination differences , don't we have born again Christians in Roman Catholic

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Munzy14(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Mood11:
Oga if you start living your life by her dictates even before the marriage just know that you must continue with it and never stop else any day you do otherwise from her bidding the marriage will scatter angry
Let her join you in your church, it's the same God everywhere...

Na this type go say make you forget about your family angry

After the marriage wetin you go dey hear na "my pastor says, my pastor said, pastor said, pastor will, I will ask pastor" angry
Exactly...I look at myself then and say , so if I succumb to this, next she will say make my people no come close to me... grin grin grin

I pray make OP get wisdom to run away from strange woman.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by TAglobe(f): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Don't allow her to control you, she's free to continue with her own church after the wedding,if she insisted that you leave Catholic church, forget her.Deo gracia
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lereinter(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
excellence44:

You better leave her before you marry! As a man, your wife is supposed to join you and not the other way round except you are about to leave the Catholic church on your own Accord. Never let a girlfriend dictate to you before marriage. She will increase it by � times if you condole such now.
Again, don't be a mumu sorry a SIMP.

Who set the rule?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Solatium(m): 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

No worry the time will soon come when she will ask you to block your relatives from visiting and call or picking their call's,na that time your brain go set.
just accept and follow her go her church.
òkú òbò

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
femi4:
[s] She is right, Catholic is not a Bible believing Church.

2. As a family, you should be attending same church to promote common purpose of unity[/s]
All these protestant gay churches sef, imagine undecided
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Then stop going to Catholic church, its that simple
Why? Because of who?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Sureblack47: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bro I once experienced that before now just because im a Catholic and girl a Redeemed she said same thing but bros I nor get option to leave her. Wetin da there be u go press am leaver her. Simple
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Munzy14(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bigredmachine:
She's the type that respect her pastor and dis respect her husband... I won't be surprised if it's her pastor that is behind all the these...

Oga you better think straight and take the right step
Lol...No lies at all..

Na rugged pastor dem dem...

Humans were created with brain, but some give other humans key to operate their brain for them..very irritating.. lipsrsealed

Me when i like a lady, and discover she is the my pastor said type.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Sureblack47: 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Why? Because of who?

Via say na the girl be God abi wetin?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrMacinterchi1: 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
femi4:
She is right, Catholic is not a Bible believing Church.

2. As a family, you should be attending same church to promote common purpose of unity
What made her to be right? the church you quoted, do they use different holy book from the one your pastor reads for you in your church?

I agree with your no2 submission.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by JayPeeOham: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

The said lady is not your wife. EOD.

By the way, Is there no woman good enough for your love and marriage in Catholic church??

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by ogwumgbe: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=KoladeChris24 post=107396815]I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore. [/quote

He's not your husband, just pick race before it's too late. Your husband will not care about the Church you attend. I am penticostal ,but my wife is catholic. We are happily married, she even thought me the Rosary which I am very happy to recite daily
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by missyblissy: 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Let her go abeg. She's not serious. A women doesn't have a church till she's married. She attends her husband's church after marriage. I was Catholic, we got married in Catholic church after that i moved to my husband's church. She's not ready.

Nna move on

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by georgee(m): 1:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Tell her she is crazy and gently walk away.. She will look for by the time she is 49years old
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nehyooh(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
I understand her sha. Some of us do not feel very comfortable in some churches
It very funny say "you don't feel comfortable in some churches". It the same God, I know mode of worship and service may differs, but you just have to adapt.
The truth is, a lady must be ready to change a whole lot of things after settling down and same thing applicable to men in some areas too.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
Olammipresh:
Come and marry me smiley smiley smiley and happy Sunday
Can I marry you? I'm serious
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by silibaba: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

abeg carry your love matter gettout from here angry

am sure Jesus is even regretting the one (love) displayed on the cross.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nmezor(f): 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hmmm, OP follow ur heart.. I once dumped a guy who wasn't a catholic.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrGerald(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Then stop going to Catholic church, its that simple
You think it's easy like that? Don't talk like a kid just because others are contributing

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrMacinterchi1: 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
BananaPeel:

If you are a Catholic, marry a Catholic...
If you are a Baptist, marry a Baptist.... etc..
Two people can only walk together if they agree.
The reason for marrying someone of the same faith as yours is because you have the same beliefs.

You can love someone else of the same faith with you if she doesn't want to follow you to Catholic. It's hard for a Pentecostal reborn to go back to orthodox church (Catholic)
There are many mixed denomination marriages in Christianity that are very progressive and successful. The only thing we need is to have a good reasoning to make good decisions not discriminating among the brotherhood of Christ. It's shameful.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Malawian(m): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Leave that bitch alone.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by one4GOD(f): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

the way she presents it matter a lot more. If she is forcy then you do not need to back down same with you. you can make her see reasons without having to force it on her.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by medriano: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
You are even considerate enough to tell her she can attend any church of her choice.
Asking you to leave your church before she marries you doesn’t make sense. Are you not going to be the head of the home? Let her go, she’s self centered.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Malawian(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Myer:

Which denomination does she attend.

Usually non-Catholics believe Catholic Church is into idolatry. So I guess that's her fear.
E no go pass Redeem.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Slavishbenin: 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
bukatyne:

She wouldn't marry you if you remain catholic;

You are not willing to leave catholic for love....

You have three choices:
1. Leave catholic and marry her
2. Stay in catholic and leave her
3. Convince/confuse her that she is free to worship anywhere as you remain in catholic

Beht, didn't she/you know that catholic is a deal breaker before progressing the relationship?
You didn't read op well, if not he has already done number 3

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

"It Is Dangerous Fighting Your Wife" -Mike Bamiloye Tells Men What To Do Instead / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) / What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.