Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44854 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Christmasdon(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2021
You this man your mumu no too much?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Dabliss02(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2021
The ball is in your Court
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BENEFICIAL12(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2021
IT'S BETTER FOR A WOMEN TO CHANGE CHURCH FOR A MAN THAN THE OTHER WAY ROUND BECAUSE IF YOU AS A MAN DO.... ITS LIKE ANSWERING YOUR WIFE'S SURNAME.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nwagod26: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2021
Wey you!!!!!

Leave am. Make i even ask you, girls no dey ya church?

Oya leave her and marry one from your church osiso
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by snoopz: 8:21am On Nov 08, 2021
BigBelleControl:
I have a Catholic friend who ended up in Redeem because of his fiancee.
His other reason was that he always miss morning mass because the Catholic Church he attended was far from his house.

He is only looking for an excuse...
why can't he go for evening mass? if he is in a local place, I'm sure the mass won't be starting by 7 or 8 probably 9 or 10. While if he is in the city, masses are up to 4 in a day on Sundays, so na just excuse to avoid church.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by snoopz: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2021
chiommy123:
I understand her sha. Some of us do not feel very comfortable in some churches

There is nothing wrong in not feeling comfortable in another church, na your choice...
but do you have to pull your husband out of his own church if you can't leave your own church for his? Afterall I know a Muslim man that married a Christian lady, they've given birth and they're coexisting peacefully, na people wey dey call the same Jesus con get problem nawa o
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by franchasng: 8:50am On Nov 08, 2021
chokovirus:

Wow…. Did you have to wed her in the Catholic Church?
For where? We did at my parents' Church not even my own shocked shocked grin
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Kfed4ril(m): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

Catholic’s started this, now it’s coming back to haunt them small small.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by motymop: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2021
na2016:

Your analogy doesn't add up bro. This is just church oo. The truth is later on the babe may even follow the guy to any other church he wishes. Catholic is not somewhere you will force someone to join you like that. A rational thing here could be for them to choose a neutral church and attend. Marriage requires a lot more than love, sir.

So she can not marry in a catholic church.

You are just bigot, that is what you are.

Catholic church is orthodoxy and there is nothing wrong in getting married in catholic

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by na2016: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2021
motymop:

So she can not marry in a catholic church.
You are just bigot, that is what you are.
Catholic church is orthodoxy and there is nothing wrong in getting married in catholic

I will not stoop low to your level to insult you but I will advise you to learn how to make a point without insult.If you are catholic, don't expect everyone to like the church, same as someone who is Protestant or Pentecostal
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Abemy(m): 10:41am On Nov 08, 2021
TiglathPILESER:
abeg go rest no be say you jam satanic priest in collar you come call pastor...abeg oo abi make up stories

Truth is that, we don't know the source of these our pastors. That's the only thing sustaining their satanic ministries, if people Know, they will back off.

If I hadn't seen, may be his prayers (incantations) works for me, I will start recommending him to people, but thank God I now know better.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by motymop: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2021
na2016:

I will not stoop low to your level to insult you but I will advise you to learn how to make a point without insult.If you are catholic, don't expect everyone to like the church, same as someone who is Protestant or Pentecostal

This is how the idea of hatred started.

I can't date or marry from this place or that place as if that is a requirement for a successful marriage.

The most important issue for a successful marriage is personality and compatibility not religion or the type of church you attend.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by na2016: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
motymop:

This is how the idea of hatred started.
I can't date or marry from this place or that place as if that is a requirement for a successful marriage.
The most important issue for a successful marriage is personality and compatibility not religion or the type of church you attend.

Your ability to shift grounds in a marriage is a keep thing bro, that is what is called tolerance. Going by the nature of women that I know, that lady will eventually join the man in whatever church chooses later. Like I suggested earlier, a neutral church can solve this easily for them. Catholic is not where everyone would want to go else we would not have had the different denominations breaking from it.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by motymop: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2021
na2016:

Your ability to shift grounds in a marriage is a keep thing bro, that is what is called tolerance. Going by the nature of women that I know, that lady will eventually join the man in whatever church chooses later. Like I suggested earlier, a neutral church can solve this easily for them. Catholic is not where everyone would want to go else we would not have had the different denominations breaking from it.

Go and read the meaning of tolerance.

If the lady had tolerance, she would have tolerated the church and not ask him to change a church he has built all his life in.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Jesubaby: 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Prevailing:

The lady is right as pa the of her spirituality.
Did he stop her from going to her church? I don't know how some persons reason.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by na2016: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
motymop:

Go and read the meaning of tolerance.
If the lady had tolerance, she would have tolerated the church and not ask him to change a church he has built all his life in.

Your ego is showing here already and I won't answer you again. I don't use words I don't know mean, go and educate yourself and if you are yet to marry, change your mentality else your marriage will not last.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shellsploit:

Reminds me of the song "Let her go" by Passengers

Thank you. I'm glad I'm able to make you feel nostalgic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by studentofTruth: 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Richieniit:

This question is absolutely irrelevant but still I will answer it anyway.. that's what the so called christians like you do a lot "twist the scripture" for your own benefit. You're not gonna ask me where in the bible God it is written how we should pray or never to represent God with any image but you'd rather ask me a twisted question for your so called religious reasons... Don't worry, end time you won't escape the bitter truth you chose to neglect.

Now back to your question people pray for me and I pray for people.

Here is my question, is mary praying for you right now ? How sure are you that she's praying for you or is there anywhere it is written in the holy bible that mary is interceding for you I asked these questions because you asked me if people pray for me and the answer is yes, I also pray for them too... So where is your stand ?

You make me laugh out loud. All these epistle to avoid answering a simple question. Can't you see how insincere you are?

Now, if you ask your pastor to pray for you, why do you think it's wrong for people to ask Mary to pray for them?

Oh, you will say, but Mary is dead, how can the dead pray for the living? Well, Jesus made us to understand that those who died in righteousness live with the Lord forever (Ref: Mark 12:26-27 & Luke 20:37-38). If you can ask your sinful and greedy pastors to pray for you and expect God to answer those prayers, what stops others from asking someone who's already in heaven from praying for them?

@your rather funny question, if you ask Mary to pray for you, she will. How do you know she does? Well, the same way you know every other thing about religion — faith.

@ you people's ignorant questions: Is it biblical and this and that? Wetin concern Mary, and why should she ask on your behalf? Well, she's your mother, whether you like it or not and whether you believe it or not — rejecting it is disobeying Jesus' command in John 19:26. Unsurprisingly, Mary had always exhibited that motherly instincts (refJohn 2:3-9). Now, let me ask you, do you call Mary Blessed? I doubt you do — Again disobeying the Bible (Luke 1:48) you lots often make noise about.

The problem with you Pentecostals is emptiness, noisiness, lack of understanding, and emotionalism. That's why you shout on top of your voices when praying, as if God is deaf (Mtt 6:7). But all those charade isn't really about God hearing you not is it a manifestation of faith; you are simply seeking the feel-good effects from endorphins and serotonin that come from shouting and jumping. You can feel good from endorphins and still haven't prayed.

About making heaven, don't worry, on the D day, you shall find out.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by studentofTruth: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2021
thinkmoney:

Baseless sentiments. Those are facts. Try refute any of them

Get on my DM if you are willing to learn. The fellow is yarning nonsense. Do your own research like Scott Hahn did.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by thinkmoney(m): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
studentofTruth:

Get on my DM if you are willing to learn. The fellow is yarning nonsense. Do your own research like Scott Hahn did.
Your comment isnt clear. You might want to explain
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by DownChelsea(f): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
As usual, the minority (non-catholics) are showing their ignorance all over the place again.

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Richieniit: 3:00am On Nov 09, 2021
studentofTruth:

You make me laugh out loud. All these epistle to avoid answering a simple question. Can't you see how insincere you are?

Now, if you ask your pastor to pray for you, why do you think it's wrong for people to ask Mary to pray for them?

Oh, you will say, but Mary is dead, how can the dead pray for the living? Well, Jesus made us to understand that those who died in righteousness live with the Lord forever (Ref: Mark 12:26-27 & Luke 20:37-38). If you can ask your sinful and greedy pastors to pray for you and expect God to answer those prayers, what stops others from asking someone who's already in heaven from praying for them?

@your rather funny question, if you ask Mary to pray for you, she will. How do you know she does? Well, the same way you know every other thing about religion — faith.

@ you people's ignorant questions: Is it biblical and this and that? Wetin concern Mary, and why should she ask on your behalf? Well, she's your mother, whether you like it or not and whether you believe it or not — rejecting it is disobeying Jesus' command in John 19:26. Unsurprisingly, Mary had always exhibited that motherly instincts (refJohn 2:3-9). Now, let me ask you, do you call Mary Blessed? I doubt you do — Again disobeying the Bible (Luke 1:48) you lots often make noise about.

The problem with you Pentecostals is emptiness, noisiness, lack of understanding, and emotionalism. That's why you shout on top of your voices when praying, as if God is deaf. But all those charade isn't really about God hearing you not is it a manifestation of faith; you are simply seeking the feel-good effects from endorphins and serotonin that come from shouting and jumping. You can feel good from endorphins and still haven't prayed.

About making heaven, don't worry, on the D day, you shall find out.

You took ur time to answer and secondly i sound funny to you ? Ok, cool... Wait wait wait .. you really are dumb ( I'm not trying to insult you or look for a fight ) but you really are seriously dumb. So what's the diff praying to every dead saint or person ? So because the scripture made it clear that all that died in Christ will live forever now means we should pray in their name ? Sorry bruh, this sounds worst than satanism. You were told to pray to your Heaven Father not to any who died in the name of Christ. Ok, cool lemme continue reading.

Well i pray for myself and don't need any pastor to pray for me. When I have needs, I go directly to my Father who is God (trinity) and ask... Anything or anybody outside the trinity is B.S. From Genesis to revelation, you were never told to pray to the dead be it in Christ or died under any circumstance and if you think I am wrong pls be kind to back it up with scripture or pls shut your mouth and continue been mislead all because they gave birth to you in a Catholic home.

Wait if you ask Mary to pray for you, she will What happened to what the scripture also said that the dead are unconscious and know nothing? The only person who has conquered death is Jesus and for the same reason every soul will be resurrected at the last time. Honestly I don't care to say it to the pope but this brainwashed is simply "unacceptable"

Misquoting the bible, calling my pastor who you don't even know names and all your ill reasoning You're simply the wrong person to discuss this with cos of your level of understanding.

P.S; I don't go to my pastor for anything! I don't go to him seeking prayers when I have mouth, faith and believe in God and understands his words. I only go to church to worship, take notes of God's teachings, sing praises and go back home to practice the love I have been taught.

I noticed your linking me with my pastor, I don't even the branch pastor's name lol but I enjoy his teachings and attend service on a regular.

What stops you from asking ppl to pray ? It shows you have no faith and will rather trust the faith and gifts God gave you to a pastor or priest which to me makes no sense if you can't pray on your own accord.

Misquoting what the bibles said about Faith.. I spite for una type. Shame! Is not faith that you know mary is praying for you.. you're simply stupid ( I'm not trying to insult you, just fact)

Mary no be my mama. My mom's name is Dorcas Nwaigbo and may her gentle soul rest in peace. If I call her to help or assist me in any form, no diff btw me and the herbalist or traditional worshippers cos I know deep down what God instructs us in His commandments.

The further I read the more sick and confused and mislead I see you guys are. Is not late to drop all this NONSENSE of yours and serve the Living God and not someone died who you are not even sure it's the person you are praying to.

Brother is not late, just open your eyes to all possibilities. God bless
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Readability: 5:54am On Nov 09, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Religion; the bane of progress in Nigeria.

My wife goes to mountain of fire.

I'm a traditional worshipper.

I can never set foot in church.

She knows that.

That's why we only did court marriage and traditional marriage.

No church.

I can't let religion dictate my life.
Morning bro, do you have kids yet? If yes, which religion are your children taking? If no, what's your resolution with your wife about raising your children in a certain religious way?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by RoyalBoutique(m): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2021
Readability:

Morning bro, do you have kids yet? If yes, which religion are your children taking? If no, what's your resolution with your wife about raising your children in a certain religious way?

Yes I have kids, and I'm not raising them to be religious.

When they grow up, they will follow whichever rocks their boat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by chokovirus: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2021
franchasng:
For where? We did at my parents' Church not even my own shocked shocked grin

Okay. That’s better. Mine agreed to leave the Catholic Church but we will do a white wedding there. But right now I don’t think that will happen again tho because if we are to wed in the Catholic Church I would have to consent to her remaining there and also making sure the kids are trained in the Catholic manner.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by TiglathPILESER: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Abemy:

Truth is that, we don't know the source of these our pastors. That's the only thing sustaining their satanic ministries, if people Know, they will back off.

If I hadn't seen, may be his prayers (incantations) works for me, I will start recommending him to people, but thank God I now know better.
its the knowledge in you that made you discover who he truly is. When you found a fake, its because there is an original some where...

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Pumpumking: 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
siofra:
So people still do this kind of thing

are u lookin for sexxx talkin in religion section again? Was wrong wit u gademit? undecided
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by franchasng: 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
chokovirus:

Okay. That’s better. Mine agreed to leave the Catholic Church but we will do a white wedding there. But right now I don’t think that will happen again tho because if we are to wed in the Catholic Church I would have to consent to her remaining there and also making sure the kids are trained in the Catholic manner.
lol.

Give her belle grin
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BluntCrazeMan: 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

My Brother..
You're not serious..
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by chokovirus: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2021
franchasng:
lol.

Give her belle grin

That one has already been done ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by franchasng: 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
chokovirus:

That one has already been done ��
case settled grin
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by CsRockefeller(m): 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) / What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future / Bishop Sam Zuga: "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.