Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (44824 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Cousin9999: 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
Find a new girl. A woman who loves you wouldn't demand that.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Ubenedictus(m): 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Richieniit:

Bruh stories... You'll be shock the more research you make about them the more scary it get. Every catholic home have shrine they worship all in the name it represents God.. same God that has warned you ppl never to use any image to represent Him. Why on earth do you need holy Mary to intercede on your prayers and her name mentioned at every prayers you guys make

Them don brain wash una finish. That cross you guys carry about is totally ungodly.

Well who are my to judge But pls don't quote me again if you can't diff btw the truth and your truth. angry
you didn't answer the questions I asked. You think you know and that is the problem.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Lexusgs430: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
descarado:

Catholic is even worst.
My own is that denomination should and will not be a problem when chosing a lfe partner.

How we carry church for head in this country is something else.

Descarado .... He is a Desperado.......... grin
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by descarado: 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Descarado .... He is a Desperado.......... grin
Hahaaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Remman(m): 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.
Guy, if you truly love her, you would do anything to marry her. I think it's right time you sit for hours and think if you're in LOVE or in LUST. If love could reduce God into a mare man then you should re-evaluate your feelings for her. Go to the Bible, love made Sampson and Solomon follow their hearts. God is not against that. Where God is angry with you is when you begin to serve the Devil but God will not blame you for loving a woman and do her wish. God will never punish you for that. He didn't punish Adam for obeying Eve because understands what love can do to a being...

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by calcal: 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin grin grin, I am enjoying reading from these children.

KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Richieniit: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
studentofTruth:

I never asked if you pray in the name of your pastor.

My question is specific: have you ever asked your pastor or brethren (including family and friends) to pray for you?

If you lie, your so-called faith is a joke.

This question is absolutely irrelevant but still I will answer it anyway.. that's what the so called christians like you do a lot "twist the scripture" for your own benefit. You're not gonna ask me where in the bible God it is written how we should pray or never to represent God with any image but you'd rather ask me a twisted question for your so called religious reasons... Don't worry, end time you won't escape the bitter truth you chose to neglect.

Now back to your question people pray for me and I pray for people.

Here is my question, is mary praying for you right now ? How sure are you that she's praying for you or is there anywhere it is written in the holy bible that mary is interceding for you I asked these questions because you asked me if people pray for me and the answer is yes, I also pray for them too... So where is your stand ?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by ask4bk(m): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
mrdharkchild:
It is written, that a women would leave her family, her God and all that shit and accept her husbands shit and all. Abi Bible Don become irrelevant?
It's not the other way round, simp.

Its not written anywhere in the bible. No de misquote Bible pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by yommen: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
toujurs:
I swear, you can imagine the condition, as if she is the one to fund the wedding.

Issue of church is negligible. There are more important decisions you won't allow her take. She is a woman and her opinion matters too. Just let her go if you can't switch. It's no big deal switching though since she'll be happy you two are proudly going to church together.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
na she wan marry you or na you wan marry her?

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Davidegede: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
DownChelsea:
The biggest joke in history is above this very post.

All because of hatred for the only true Christian Catholic church.

What hatred cannot cause does not exist.

so you can't read and at least study the contents he posted, you simply concluded it's a joke out of hatred hmmm, I wonder how some you reason... just pure sentiments and ego... no effort to check contents, facts... just a band-wagon mentality. do they give prices? nawa o
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by DownChelsea(f): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Davidegede:

so you can't read and at least study the contents he posted, you simply concluded it's a joke out of hatred hmmm, I wonder how some you reason... just pure sentiments and ego... no effort to check contents, facts... just a band-wagon mentality. do they give prices? nawa o

ALL BECAUSE YOU HATE CHRISTIANITY.

grin

Carry on.
Lmao

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by thinkmoney(m): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
studentofTruth:

If your knowledge of the Bible and Christianity is not better than that of the website you posted, you haven't started.
Baseless sentiments. Those are facts. Try refute any of them
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lereinter(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

That you haven't seen doesn't make it impossible. there are many working and progressive Case of same background.

Are you married?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrMacinterchi1: 8:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
lereinter:

Are you married?
I haven't. however, I have a close contact with the cases I was referring to. if that answers your questions.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Since our Bishops have seen the Mary prayer stuff and have left it, I say there is no problem. It is honor to Mary after all, that is what I believe, I learn to respect people. Marry her into the Catholic faith. that is all I know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Xantel(f): 9:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
She don't trust you. Maybe she thinks people of same denomination or church fear God more grin.

Catholic Church is the best place to worship if you know what you're doing.

Remain where you are, Truelove will come

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by motymop: 9:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
na2016:

If you read his post, you will see where he said he doesn't want to start all over again? That suggests to me that this guy may be in his 30s and knows the stress in getting a wife and that this girl may fit into lots of his criteria already before this dilemma.

So you think he is making a rational decision.

I guess if she had also said that he should leave his job because she doesn't like it, you would have supported her decision.

If that girl really loves him, she won't be concerned whether he his a catholic or not.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by na2016: 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
motymop:

So you think he is making a rational decision.
I guess if she had also said that he should leave his job because she doesn't like it, you would have supported her decision.
If that girl really loves him, she won't be concerned whether he his a catholic or not.

Your analogy doesn't add up bro. This is just church oo. The truth is later on the babe may even follow the guy to any other church he wishes. Catholic is not somewhere you will force someone to join you like that. A rational thing here could be for them to choose a neutral church and attend. Marriage requires a lot more than love, sir.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by ashawopikin(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

we christians are our own problem, wetin concern church denomination and marriage?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by EndRape2(f): 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
If she attends a petecostal and Bible believing church please follow her, she already made her stand know, that she can not go to Catholic, it is either you leave her alone,or you follow her,it is wrong to have seperate churches.

uote author=KoladeChris24 post=107396815]I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore. [/quote]
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by divineappo(m): 12:40am On Nov 08, 2021
KoladeChris24:

I ended my own previous relationship because she refused to quit Catholic, not her fault, I don't blame her, but we were just spiritually incompatible

Sir, let her go. Get someone who is spiritually compatible with you.

It's an error to have a divided home. You can't be praying to Mary while your wife is praying to JESUS

Go for someone prays to Mary with you, or someone who would accept you like that, irrespective of differences
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Tzar(m): 1:10am On Nov 08, 2021
She is the ONLY one you love?
Anyway, Delilah was the ONLY one Samson loved too, but see where it led him?
If you are convinced about your faith, it should be a no brainer.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by chokovirus: 2:16am On Nov 08, 2021
franchasng:
My wife was a catholic, staunch member, those type they call Umu Mary (daughter of Mary), she also insisted at the beginning, but with time she agreed but on one condition; that I allow her worship in Catholic after marriage and I agreed that Church is Church, the only denomination I am scared of are the White garments because of their mixture of Christianity with fetishism and ifaism.

After our wedding, whenever I am around she attends her Catholic while I attend my own denomination.

But with time, no be person tell her that it's riskier for her allowing me to be attending my Church that have the most hottest chicks in Naija as a single young man, she had to run follow me, I even refused that please stick to our agreement, she said ehen, seems you are eyeing some girls in that your Church, and that was the last time she attended Catholic church and now she enjoys my Church more than I do lol.

Same happened to one of my elder bro.

Ladies are more attached to their religious beliefs than men, and that's why they fall prey to bad men masquerading as men of God.

If she can't accept your terms of letting you stick to your Catholic while she stick to hers, please let her go, she won't make a good partner for you.

Mind you, love is not enough reason to marry anybody, be it man or woman, marriage is beyond romantic love.

If you weren't a Christian then I will agree with her, but you are a Christian of another denomination created by man, so who is she to decide for you? Please free her, time will reset her brains.

Is it easy to find a young man ready to get married nowadays. It is easier for any girl or lady to get a sex mate or boyfriend or dates, but very difficult to get a husband, na time go teach her that truth

Wow…. Did you have to wed her in the Catholic Church?
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by jeffolala(f): 4:18am On Nov 08, 2021
I beg u in the name of GOD, remain where u are , very soon she ask you to leave your family for her,
If she trully loves you , she will trust you and follow you.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by CsRockefeller(m): 4:55am On Nov 08, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Hahaha. Thanks for the correction. Then, the girl is the manipulator. In this case, she is to follow the man to catholic. Simple as ABC. If she doesnt want to attend catholic, why date one? I am sure catholic church will treat the boy like "anyhow" if he leaves. His whole family too will label him a rebel. The boy should stay in catholic. The girl is a manipulator, and with such character, she isnt even a good Christian. They will have trouble in the marriage.

My post is not one sided. It is very clear. The Nigerian culture says the lady should follow the man to his church. Simple. This is the standard based on the culture.

But if you ask me my stand: no one should change anyone. Even, I dont like that the woman is asked to change, but I think it will cause conflict for baby christians, so our forefathers made it a standard for the woman to leave her church. The right way for me is that the two people should pray together. That is what they should do when dating. But the ones of these days will rather start sampling themselves and are weak spiritually. So, they religiously choose where they were born, or where they received salvation.

No matter the church you attend, even you like it, and it may even be where God is using you.....as long as you know you want to live together with someone else to be one body, you must leave your thought that the person must join you. The two of you must sit down and discuss. Yeah, both of you are born again. And one person or both must leave his or her church. So, who will leave? You will be selfish to ask the other to leave. So, what do you do? Start praying together. Do not even pray for direction to which church you should go. Just start praying together to develop yourselves. Start reading the Bible together. Share your thoughts. Then, go out to churches together and just observe around. This is my method. One way or the other, you both will get direction, and there wont be conflict. And each of you must bear it in mind that there are 3 possibilities with 33.3333% chance each:

1. Attend the man's church
2. Attend the lady's church
3. Attend a different church

When both are opened to equal chance of any of the 3 above, then, that is one happy family. But when one of the spouse is stubborn to say his/her church is where he or she is growing or developing, then, there is going to be a big trouble. It is a sign that they will keep manipulating themselves in the marriage. Anyone who is like this should check him/herself well. It is not only a denomination members who will inherit heaven. Jesus did not institute denomination. He instituted His body - the body of Christ. So, I feel so bad for denominational people. They appear to be dutiful and faithful to God, but they are the ones Jesus will tell He doesnt know. Why? They are so partial in their ways. When they see another person in another denomination suffering, they willl rather hold their goodness and give it to their members. These set of people are chained. It is a serious bondage. But the irony thing is that the church they attend might really be excellent. But what if God needs the person to step out? What if the church is just a training ground for the person? This is how the person will chain himself or herself to that ground and will never fulfill his/her destiny. Yet they will be doing serious religious work in the church. You can imagine if Paul did not step out to the Gentile, we wont know him today.

Salvation is a personal confession and not collective. You can develop in another place, and not only in tje place you think you can. I pity people who are chained to a particular denomination. Watch closely, they are empty barrels.

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Judybash93(m): 6:00am On Nov 08, 2021
KelvinHerbert:

But sir,

I think traditional religion is also a religion

I stand to be corrected

We're on the same page sir
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 08, 2021
CsRockefeller:

I need to screenshot this. This is a masterpiece. I'm currently going through the same issue. I'm Catholic she attends another church. Though I've agreed to move, not to her church but a neutral church both of us will decide on after our wedding.

It's a easy decision for me because while in school, I moved out of Catholic but resistance from family made me come back. Sincerely, if not that I've found a "perfect" woman, I won't be considering to leave, not because the Catholic church is perfect, but because I've found a home in them. There are many other points you raised like praying together which we haven't done, but we discuss about the Bible sometimes.

I understand why she doesn't want to move to the Catholic church even though her step Dad is Catholic, and her mum follows him.

Like I once told her, I'm not a church fanatic, none of this churches belongs to my father. If there's a good church out there where our children can grow spiritually, then I'm very open to joining them for life.

By the way, when we started as friends she told me of her aversion for Catholics, but I'm the one that pushed for the relationship notwithstanding, didn't want to loose a good woman in the name of sticking to a denomination.

Hmmmm! Your comment is inspiring. This is exactly how it should be. Mind you that you have the potential of leaving catholic because the seed has been sown in you.

Your girl did the right thing by telling you straight up she cannot sign for a catholic. But you pushed it cos you have the seed already sown in you.

The only issue here is: do not fall into the trap of just following her to her church or to where she wants. Please, start praying together now. And please, let her know you may have to look for another church and not hers. Do not let her just assume you will join her.

There is someone I know who is from the Seventh Day Adventist. What is the chance of converting another christian into this particular denomination? I think converting a Muslim is easier. Let's be realistic here. Going to church on Saturdays is for the strong minds. Are the Saturdays the partner is making money you will tell him/her to attend service? The population of SDA is like less than 0.1%. So, how did such person think conversion of someone else outside is easy? It is just better for the person to get someone in the local church; else, the fellow should forget about marriage. Else, the fellow will hate the denomination later in life when it the reality comes around. And it hits girls more cos as soon as they are above the age of getting pregnant, they are full of regrets. They can say it now that they dont care, but the time their mates have grandchildren to visit them, and they have no one, that's when they come to their senses.

I told the person, if you cannot get someone in your church and you really need to get marriage, God is telling you to step out. Something must push you out of your comfort zone. What is important to the fellow? To be comfortable with the church doctrine and be without a spouse, or to move out and seek God elsewhere? Is God telling her to seek her elsewhere? Is the same God elsewhere? Or only restricted to her denomination? Oh the fellow said "they" is comfortable there, and I said ok. I said: you are free to sit in your comfort zone, amd God will move elsewhere". The truth is that those pastors brainwash their members that their church is the only living church and that's where they can get to heaven. What a lie!

Again, the check is praying and reading the word together. A partner who refuses to do the two is not qualified. This is the truth. That person is empty. The person can pretend and come online and preach and do many things. But as long as the person cannot study the word and pray together with the other person, better to let the person go. Such partners will have problems. Such is a typical example of a church goer and a strong religious person. That is a strong chain which will take the grace of God to break.

Please, it may be wise to decide the church you will attend before wedding. After marriage, people do stupid things cos they think the other is already "theirs" and they sant to impose their self will on the other.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by CsRockefeller(m): 6:16am On Nov 08, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Hmmmm! Your comment is inspiring. This is exactly how it should be. Mind you that you have the potential of leaving catholic because the seed has been sown in you.

Your girl did the right thing by telling you straight up she cannot sign for a catholic. But you pushed it cos you have the seed already sown in you.

The only issue here is: do not fall into the trap of just following her to her church or to where she wants. Please, start praying together now. And please, let her know you may have to look for another church and not hers. Do not let her just assume you will join her.

There is someone I know who is from the Seventh Day Adventist. What is the chance of converting another christian into this particular denomination? I think converting a Muslim is easier. Let's be realistic here. Going to church on Saturdays is for the strong minds. Are the Saturdays the partner is making money you will tell him/her to attend service? The population of SDA is like less than 0.1%. So, how did such person think conversion of someone else outside is easy? It is just better for the person to get someone in the local church; else, the fellow should forget about marriage. Else, the fellow will hate the denomination later in life when it the reality comes around. And it hits girls more cos as soon as they are above the age of getting pregnant, they are full of regrets. They can say it now that they dont care, but the time their mates have grandchildren to visit them, and they have no one, that's when they come to their senses.

I told the person, if you cannot get someone in your church and you really need to get marriage, God is telling you to step out. Something must push you out of your comfort zone. What is important to the fellow? To be comfortable with the church doctrine and be without a spouse, or to move out and seek God elsewhere? Is God telling her to seek her elsewhere? Is the same God elsewhere? Or only restricted to her denomination? Oh the fellow said "they" is comfortable there, and I said ok. I said: you are free to sit in your comfort zone, amd God will move elsewhere". The truth is that those pastors brainwash their members that their church is the only living church and that's where they can get to heaven. What a lie!

Again, the check is praying and reading the word together. A partner who refuses to do the two is not qualified. This is the truth. That person is empty. The person can pretend and come online and preach and do many things. But as long as the person cannot study the word and pray together with the other person, better to let the person go. Such partners will have problems. Such is a typical example of a church goer and a strong religious person. That is a strong chain which will take the grace of God to break.

Please, it may be wise to decide the church you will attend before wedding. After marriage, people do stupid things cos they think the other is already "theirs" and they sant to impose their self will on the other.

I agree. Thanks very much.
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by BananaPeel(m): 6:46am On Nov 08, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

There are many mixed denomination marriages in Christianity that are very progressive and successful. The only thing we need is to have a good reasoning to make good decisions not discriminating among the brotherhood of Christ. It's shameful.
Yes, the mixed denominations are mostly Pentecostal. It's not discriminatory but just that alot of young people do not look at certain things properly in their relationship and when marriage is on the table, issues start arising. In my opinion, if a girl can be in a relationship with a Catholic, she should be also ready to marry him.
A girl dated a guy for years and the guy wanted to settle down with her, the parents refused because he's not JW, but this parent knew the guy right from the onset.
To avoid stories that touch, set out with someone with common beliefs and doctrines to save us stories that touch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Zambian Pastor, Brighton Samajomba, Dies From Malnutrition After 20-Day Fasting / "It Is Dangerous Fighting Your Wife" -Mike Bamiloye Tells Men What To Do Instead / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.