Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

In Your Thirties And No Valentine - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Your Thirties And No Valentine (1926 Views)

When Boyfriend Says No Valentine Gift For Girlfriend [hilarious Photo] / Getting Pregnant In Ur Thirties Is The Best Ladies / Is Masturbating Natural Even At Thirties Or There Is A Side Effect To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your Thirties And No Valentine by TESS75(f): 3:55am On Feb 14, 2006
Hi all, tomorrow is valentines day  cheesy  for those in our thirties and single it could be a pretty difficult day  cry. So, to celebrate loving life and independence at any age. i suggest this, those of us over 30 and single leave our stats as a form of introduction and wish each other a happy vals day.
let me start
profession: health care and IT
Religionatholic
education: masters
Why i am single: i can be pretty independent, waiting on God

HAPPY VAL'S DAY EVERYONE grin grin grin
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 8:33am On Feb 14, 2006
Waitin on God for what

[
Why i am single: i can be pretty independent, waiting on God/quote]
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by Seun(m): 9:18am On Feb 14, 2006
I'm single, but I still have 6.5 years to go to join your group. There is no shame in being 30 and single! It's probably better to be happily single than to be unhappily enslaved in a relationship with a man who sees himself as your Lord, Master, and father! grin
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by glodave(f): 11:30am On Feb 14, 2006
i dont understand waiting 4 God 4 wat! kiss
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2006
what is she waiting for God for?
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2006
what is she waiting for God for?
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by bagoma(f): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2006
@ lioness & glodave,
she's waiting on God for the perfect partner., i think.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2006
1st of all, there is no "perfect" partner or person.

And what happend to all those "near perfect" guys God brought across her way when she was 25 yrs, when she was 28 yrs, and even now that she's 30 yrs.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by Seun(m): 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2006
Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Better to be single and lonely than to be married and still lonely and unhappy.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2006
Single Married
unhappy Unhappy
lonely Lonely

Which do you think is better
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by TESS75(f): 12:23am On Feb 16, 2006
Thank you, all for your comments. It is a pity that no one participated in the thread, rather gave unwelcoming comments irrelevant to the initial thread. The topic was just for fun and not for major analysis.

Comment: Waiting on God for what.
Reply: means looking forward to what ever God has in store for my future.

Comment: And what happened to all those "near perfect" guys God brought across her way when she was 25 years, when she was 28 years, and even now that she's 30 years.
Reply: well I guess they were not perfect enough for me and so I made the decision to remain single and to take chances with the faith than to be with someone that is not right for me. Being with the right person has nothing to do with the age you meet the person. Hence, when it is right it is right not when it is time it is right. Besides at 25 I was busy earning my masters in Information Systems Management at the top of my class. And at 28 I was busy working on my career securing a future for my self and those close to me. And I don’t think that is a bad thing.

Comment: Single unhappy lonely or Married unhappy Lonely
Reply: neither is better

Don’t get me wrong I am not lonely, I have a life, wonderful family, great job, and most importantly I have God. But it will be nice to settle down, but only when it is right.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by IAH(f): 12:54am On Feb 16, 2006
Nice reply,Tess. Lioness was just being unfeeling. sad
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by Seun(m): 12:59am On Feb 16, 2006
Single i.e. FREE Married i.e. man-slave.
Unhappy - on Vals day More Unhappy - husband is a jerk
Lonely and everyone understands Lonely but nobody understands why
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by TESS75(f): 1:51am On Feb 16, 2006
Thanks grin IAH
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 11:46am On Feb 17, 2006
undecided maybe i came up too strong. i was just angry with myself and not you TESS75
Am sorry kiss. Lets get back to the purpose of the thread.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 11:51am On Feb 17, 2006
Proffession: Information Technology/ Software Designer
Religion: Christain
Education: Masters
Why am i still single : I honestly dont know undecided
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by IAH(f): 12:05am On Feb 18, 2006
lioness:

Why am i still single : I honestly don't know undecided

Oh, I see that you are indeed angry with yourself. grin
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by Seun(m): 1:16am On Feb 18, 2006
Is it compulsory to be married?
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by IAH(f): 1:58am On Feb 18, 2006
I have a friend who doesn't want to get married. Her reasons are bad though. She said she can't stay with one man for the rest of her life. So instead of getting married and divorcing or getting caught for infidelity, she prefers not to get married. She doesn't want kids too! shocked shocked shocked What a weird girl! And she's Nigerian! I still think she's kidding me though.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by lioness(f): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2006
Dont think she's kidding. People actually have different views about stuff these days.
Personally, i wanted to be a single mother and just live that way without "man" wahala but recently am trying to change my views cos i realised i wont be able to stand the emotional stress of having men come and go in my life undecided
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by Seun(m): 11:50am On Feb 20, 2006
If I don't find someone I feel I can live with and be happy, I simply won't get married. That'll just give me more time for my other goals. Women who are maybe picky or very independent-minded should consider that approach, too. I guess.
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by eveseh(f): 6:45pm On May 07, 2006
if u are single it dont mind nothing on valentine's day

the only matter is that u should be happy
Re: In Your Thirties And No Valentine by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2011
;d :d

(1) (Reply)

Crush Or Love? Him Or Me? / The Reaction when you Had Your fiancy Is A Snake / Are U Really Keen On Marrying A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.