Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution (12315 Views)

Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form / Buhari Wants Islamic Books Included In Federal Schools' Curriculum / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Vigilante: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience Jonathan, has canvassed for the inclusion of roles of presidents’ wives in the Constitution.

This, according to her would enable them get retirement benefits along with their spouses when they leave office.

Mrs. Jonathan made the plea in a chat with journalists shortly after she was sworn-in as Permanent Secretary in the Bayelsa State Civil Service along with 18 others by Governor Seriake Dickson on Friday afternoon.

She lamented that the office of the First Lady is not currently recognised because it is not in the Constitution, saying its inclusion will “enable the occupier of that position to enjoy benefits of the office like their husbands on retirement.”

She recalled a situation when the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) prevailed on the president to call her to order because the role of the first lady is not in the Constitution.

She tasked the Constitution Amendment Committee to look into the issue with a view to including it in the next constitution.

“We the wives of political office holders, if our names are not in the constitution and our husbands retire with benefits, the Constitution amendment committee should also look into the issue of wives of political appointees.

“We should be included in the Constitution so that we too can retire with benefits. With that we can enjoy our career, “Mrs. Jonathan added.

In his address, Governor Dickson, warned the new permanent secretaries against involvement in politics, saying “we don’t want your involvement in politics; we don’t want to hear that any permanent secretary is involved in the act of politicising our People.”

SOURCE: www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/54570-bayelsa%3A-jonathans-wife-justifies-appointment.html
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by andresia(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
[quote author=Vigilante]
[b]This, according to her would enable
them get retirement benefits along with
their spouses when they leave office.
Mrs. Jonathan made the plea in a chat
with journalists shortly after she was
sworn-in as Permanent Secretary in the
Bayelsa State Civil Service along with
18 others by Governor Seriake Dickson
on Friday afternoon.
She lamented that the office of the First
Lady is not currently recognised
because it is not in the Constitution,
saying its inclusion will “enable the
occupier of that position to enjoy
benefits of the office like their husbands
on retirement.”
She recalled a situation when the
Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde
Fashola (SAN) prevailed on the
president to call her to order because
the role of the first lady is not in the
Constitution.
She tasked the Constitution
Amendment Committee to look into the
issue with a view to including it in the
next constitution.
“We the wives of political office holders,
if our names are not in the constitution
and our husbands retire with benefits,
the Constitution amendment
committee should also look into the
issue of wives of political appointees.
“We should be included in the
Constitution so that we too can retire
with benefits. With that we can enjoy
our career, “Mrs. Jonathan added.[/b]

SOURCE: www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/54570-bayelsa%3A-jonathans-wife-justifies-appointment.html[/qui.eote]

Jeez!! what has Nigerians, i.e the 22million, gotten themselves into by voting this character's husband into office? retirement benefits? imagine angry

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by samallaydyce: 7:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
^
and pple under d agies of 40 man laptop crew will suppor her statements.smh for naija

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by steffans(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wonders will never end in 9ja.............. shocked shocked shocked
so was it bcuz of benefits she accepted d perm sec job
smh 4 9ja........
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by BabaEleko(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2012
[size=13pt]I can't wait to read peoples bashing comment. I want to lafff [/size]grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by tonyx4x44(m): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
Is she high

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
hohohohhohho. every obi and ada fighting for their right

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by owobokiri(m): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
This one na tolotolo first lady.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by nagoma(m): 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2012
Fashola was right, and why did the husband not call her to order ?. That should be easier than fighting corruption. Wait a minute - is it ?

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by economia: 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
I can see you with pen there, you can as well write in the constitution.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by GboyegaD(m): 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
Na wah ooo. Nigeria is now a place where someone just opens his(her) mouth to spew gibberish. Has she forgotten Nigeria is not her property?
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by blasterman(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
This woman is the one ruling nigeria no wonder GEJ is scoring own goal everytime. OK NOw we go saw

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by ismhab(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
THIS WOMAN IS GOOD FOR NOTHING, SHE IS A WITCH.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by ifihearam: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
So its becos of retirement benefit you want to have constitutional back up abi? Una sure say na so she speak the english??if true she don cram am for the past 2 weeks to get that line right.

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by occam(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
I have to give it to her; she says it as she sees it. Unfortunately, most times she says the dumbest things. Comic relief for the end of a hectic week grin

4 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by kaysy(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
If not for IBB who started this inclusion of first lady in the Govt, where would this have emanated to talk rubbish, all her interest is centered on benefit for the first lady. That woman is a fool at***[what's her age***]

3 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by isquar3d3(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
dis is obviously satire. I cld b wrng tho. Nor be DAME?
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by isquar3d3(m): 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
er, looks like i was wrng. She actually said dis. DAMN! DAME!!
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
I have now concluded that this woman is a nitwit. Include ur name in d constitution my foot!
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Richtronix(m): 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
engineerd: LOL....what a stupid dirty NIGGRES!

What kind of self hater are you?

Obviously you are black....

Deal with Patience's stupidity without resorting to self derogatory language.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by owobokiri(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
This woman is out of control. They need to cage her the way they do a wild hyena. . Was watching her addressing an international forum overseas few weeks ago. It was as if a pompous akara seller has been relocated to a NASA lab! She was even trying to maintain, her rioteous ignorance not withstanding! Somebody needs to remind her that her husband is now the president of Nigeria and not the Town Union chairman of Otueke community.

15 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by uncleb(m): 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
And all she is interested in is retirement benefit, her parents,relations, hubby and children should be asshamed of her. If she be ma mama, I go disown her
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
Baba_Eleko: [size=13pt]I can't wait to read peoples bashing comment. I want to lafff [/size]grin grin grin

Honestly, I really want to laugh too grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by sdiq: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
NA THIS WOMAN DAVIDO FOR USE AS MC FOR IN ALBUM LUNCH (PATIENCE-ALAARE )
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by hoyehdiran: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
DAMN DAME!!!! This woman nd the retardeen hubby is a shame to this country **spits nd continue wv my bottle of ogidga**
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by horny4u(f): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Richtronix:

What kind of self hater are you?

Obviously you are black....

Deal with Patience's stupidity without resorting to self derogatory language.

She is not even stupid its we Nigerians that are stupid ....That woman is extremely smart maybe self centred but definitely not stupid I am begining to rate her like Mariam Babagida who I consider the smartest NIG first lady.
My first lady eh dey go dey go....so she knows about constitution ( talk about street wise)

2 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by nifemi01(m): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
This woman is too greedy. Won't she get 'benefits' from her perm sec job?
U already have a perm sec 'benefit' lined up yet u are still lobbying to have ur other office recognised by d constitution, God is watching u o dame.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Rhapsody1(f): 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
To say that I am speechless and dumbfounded at the statement credited to the First Lady will be a gross understatement. Still shell shocked. I really do not know what to think.
Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Otseh: 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
I thought patience has advisers, so they did not tell her that retirement age in Nigeria is 60yrs or 35yrs of service to the nation. She wants to be in office for 4 or 8yrs with all the benefits that she enjoins and still recieve retirement benefit. God is watching.

3 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by Sunofgod(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
Should Dame Patience Wish Be Granted?

13 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Wants Presidents' Wives Roles Included In Constitution by lookmangiw(m): 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
I cant believe she said this.this news must have been doctored. She cant be this stupid, or am i wrong?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference / Fayose: FG Wants To Tax Nigerians To Death, Condemns Increase In Cost Of Data / El-rufai Donates Land To Methodist Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.